"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Analytical Delusion » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:05 am

I wonder if there's a real chance the tournament itself begins by the end of the chapter? I've come to terms with the likelihood that the recruitment stuff likely being scrapped, but I think at least one more chapter (preferably two) of build-up/hype would work well. Especially more of the mastery of self-movement stuff.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:13 am

Freeza himself is at least half a chapter-worthy. You can't just recruit him off-screen.

It's bad enough that RoF was off screened so we don't know if the Tagoma and Ginyu moments happened in the Manga too or not.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:10 am

Wen spoilers?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:25 am

Totamo wrote:Wen spoilers?
They should've been out today so maybe tomorrow.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:10 pm

No way they start the tournament by the end of chapter 29. Freeza is guaranteed a chapter and 17/Gohan might get one between the 2 of them as well

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:29 am

Spoilers sure are late.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:50 am

Namz wrote:Spoilers sure are late.
No they're not, they usually don't get leaked until the 17th-18th. They were just early the last 2 times

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:50 am

What if 17 and freeza is from Toei? Then we won't have to wait that long!

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:53 am

Pannaliciour wrote:What if 17 and freeza is from Toei? Then we won't have to wait that long!
I don't know. We've already seen this:

Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

Ikazvyr
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ikazvyr » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:39 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:What if 17 and freeza is from Toei? Then we won't have to wait that long!
Chelentano already sent something, but there's also this:

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:26 pm

It was already said by a producer (I think) that bringing #17 back & making him stronger was all from Toriyama.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:35 pm

Ikazvyr wrote:
Damn what a disappointment Ribrianne exists in the manga. Well, even still she won't be that annoying in the manga, that's for sure.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:48 pm

I really hope Goku vs Toppo is in chapter 29. I don't want it be to be pushed to next month

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:00 pm

Gohan wearing a purple gi? He looks so badaas there i love this artwork.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:07 pm

Chelentano wrote:
I don't know. We've already seen this:

What's that from?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:12 pm

Bullza wrote:What's that from?
It's a poster Toyotaro made for one of the Jump magazines.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:14 pm

Namz wrote:Damn what a disappointment Ribrianne exists in the manga. Well, even still she won't be that annoying in the manga, that's for sure.
At least we won't have to hear her and those annoying Saiyan girls talk so that's good.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:41 pm

Namz wrote:Damn what a disappointment Ribrianne exists in the manga. Well, even still she won't be that annoying in the manga, that's for sure.
I love how people tends to assume there's always exclusive content in anime that might be not present in the manga :lol:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:07 pm

Namz wrote:
Ikazvyr wrote:
Damn what a disappointment Ribrianne exists in the manga. Well, even still she won't be that annoying in the manga, that's for sure.
Based on the photo, manga also going the same road as toei? Jiren the mortal that a GOD cant defeat? Or is it still universe 4 secret opponent

BWri

Post by BWri » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:51 pm

Ikazvyr wrote:
That's one gnarly image! Loving the demon clan gi on adult Gohan. I think it makes so much more sense on him now that Piccolo has retrained him and helped him gain his fighting instinct. Tien's using his BoG gi instead of his FnF. I wonder why Toyotaro chose that one. The only difference is really the colors, but I think I like the FnF version best. Putting Ribrienne next to the U6 Saiyan girls is a stroke of genius. I see a 50/50 split among people who either love them or hate them. If anyone likes or hates them both let me know. I like Ribrianne and despise the U6 Saiyans. And the final thing I noticed is that Frieza and 17 feature much more prominently than the other characters aside from Goku.

There is one error I noticed though. If Toyotaro is going with the manga coloring, like he did with Piccolo's arm uh ... patches, then why did he use the anime's blue coloring for Piccolo's obi?
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-