"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Trek405

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Trek405 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:35 pm

Has the full chapter come out or are these just leaks?

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:36 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:Is Vegeta managing to hold Beerus in this fight? In the new images, it seems that yes:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

We know that Vegeta is defeated, but Beerus is surprised sometimes and even his attacks are defended by Vegeta
I think it's safe to say Beerus is holding back a hell of a lot of strength since he later no sells an attack from MSSJB Vegeta and sends him crashing to ground with one attack, and does it so hard, it knocks Vegeta out of his form. Fair play though to Toyotaro for throwing Vegeta a bone like that. Even though he had no chance of winning against Beerus.
Basically. Beerus did the exact same thing with SSG Goku .
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:36 pm

Yeah Beerus holding back. He stopped playing when Vegeta punched him and when he noticed that he was arrogant with him.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:36 pm

Lionel wrote:Sorry to say this, but I still don't care very much for the choreography. It's... I don't know, too streamlined? I wish they could mix it up and do some more varying types of fighting methodology.
I agree. Obviously, we don't have the entire chapter to judge, but the fight looks boring. Toyotaro's fights are starting to get repetitive at this point: same moves and same angles (I'm sure some of these shots have been used for other characters before, the one of Vegeta repeatedly punching Beerus with the latter blocking, the one of him punching the fourth wall and finally the shot of him flying towards Beerus with his arm cocked). It's not very visually interesting and every fight feels the same. Toriyama ran into this problem sometimes, but his excellent sense of dynamism and perspective always kept fights interesting and he knew how to perfectly mix energy attacks and hand-to-hand combat in a creative manner.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:42 pm

It's obvious that Beerus is holding on to this fight

But look at the fight against Goku SSG in the manga.
Goku can not hit any attack on Beerus, badly slopes on him and most attacks, is at a disadvantage.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Here, we have seen that Vegeta at least manages to have a solid punch exchange with Beerus and still surprises him several times

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:50 pm

This fight is no different than how Beerus approached it during his fight with SSG Goku. He brought himself down to his opponents level so he could enjoy himself. His true power still vastly outclasses Vegeta, which was shown when he slammed him into the ground with zero effort and knocked him out of SSJB with ease.

MSSJB Vegeta can keep up with Beerus when he's significantly holding back. That's all.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:51 pm

Doctor. wrote: I agree. Obviously, we don't have the entire chapter to judge, but the fight looks boring. Toyotaro's fights are starting to get repetitive at this point: same moves and same angles (I'm sure some of these shots have been used for other characters before, the one of Vegeta repeatedly punching Beerus with the latter blocking, the one of him punching the fourth wall and finally the shot of him flying towards Beerus with his arm cocked). It's not very visually interesting and every fight feels the same. Toriyama ran into this problem sometimes, but his excellent sense of dynamism and perspective always kept fights interesting and he knew how to perfectly mix energy attacks and hand-to-hand combat in a creative manner.
[spoiler]ImageImage[/spoiler]are these the shot your referring to,these are the only shot i found similar to Beerus vs Vegeta charging towards the sky. i really wish he could spice things up,can he at least have Vegeta use his Galick gun,he never uses it
Last edited by The gr on Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mostly active on discord.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:55 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Caulifla looks terrible! I fear what Toyotaro may do to the best girl.
Gohan having the same outfit than Piccolo again is cool. Better than that only to have the one he had when he was training with Goten in Buu arc.

C18 with white hair is a big NO. I don't like how Toyotaro follows everything Toriyama does like a sheep. C18 always had blonde hair.
He also gave blue hair to kid Trunks in the manga for sake of consistency with blue hair FT Trunks, but FT Trunks with blue hair shouldn't even be a thing in the first place after 20+ years with purple hair.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:04 pm

Birusu16 wrote:This fight is no different than how Beerus approached it during his fight with SSG Goku. He brought himself down to his opponents level so he could enjoy himself. His true power still vastly outclasses Vegeta, which was shown when he slammed him into the ground with zero effort and knocked him out of SSJB with ease.

MSSJB Vegeta can keep up with Beerus when he's significantly holding back. That's all.
As I said, it is apparent that Vegeta MSSB manages to keep a fight against Beerus much more solidly than Goku SSG.

Beerus himself is surprised to be forced to defend attacks, or when his attacks are defended by Vegeta.

Even Vegeta MSSB managed to hit a punch in it, something that Goku SSG did not do in the manga

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:05 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Caulifla looks terrible! I fear what Toyotaro may do to the best girl.
Gohan having the same outfit than Piccolo again is cool. Better than that only to have the one he had when he was training with Goten in Buu arc.

C18 with white hair is a big NO. I don't like how Toyotaro follows everything Toriyama does like a sheep. C18 always had blonde hair.
He also gave blue hair to kid Trunks in the manga for sake of consistency with blue hair FT Trunks, but FT Trunks with blue hair shouldn't even be a thing in the first place after 20+ years with purple hair.
But best girl Vados looks fine in the manga.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:13 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Birusu16 wrote:This fight is no different than how Beerus approached it during his fight with SSG Goku. He brought himself down to his opponents level so he could enjoy himself. His true power still vastly outclasses Vegeta, which was shown when he slammed him into the ground with zero effort and knocked him out of SSJB with ease.

As I said, it is apparent that Vegeta MSSB manages to keep a fight against Beerus much more solidly than Goku SSG.

Beerus himself is surprised to be forced to defend attacks, or when his attacks are defended by Vegeta.

Even Vegeta MSSB managed to hit a punch in it, something that Goku SSG did not do in the manga
None of which matters. All that proves is that Vegeta is stronger than SSG Goku, which was obvious. And like SSG Goku, he's not remotely close to a serious Beerus either.

All this chapter showed was that Vegeta could keep up with an extremely casual Beerus yet get stomped by a somewhat serious one, which isn't surprising. It'd be surprising if he couldn't keep up with at least that much.
Last edited by Birusu16 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:19 pm

Edit: sorry for double post
Last edited by Birusu16 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:19 pm

The gr wrote:
Doctor. wrote: I agree. Obviously, we don't have the entire chapter to judge, but the fight looks boring. Toyotaro's fights are starting to get repetitive at this point: same moves and same angles (I'm sure some of these shots have been used for other characters before, the one of Vegeta repeatedly punching Beerus with the latter blocking, the one of him punching the fourth wall and finally the shot of him flying towards Beerus with his arm cocked). It's not very visually interesting and every fight feels the same. Toriyama ran into this problem sometimes, but his excellent sense of dynamism and perspective always kept fights interesting and he knew how to perfectly mix energy attacks and hand-to-hand combat in a creative manner.
[spoiler]ImageImage[/spoiler]are these the shot your referring to,these is the only shot i found similar to Beerus vs Vegeta charging towards the sky. i really wish he could spice things up,can he at least have Vegeta use his Galick gun,he never uses it
Here are a few examples of what I mean. I didn't go through the whole manga but I'm sure you can find many other examples that fit into these categories.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

The constant use of the same poses, moves and angles make the fights feel repetitive.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:26 pm

I'm pretty sure this fight is an homage to the SSG Goku vs Beerus fight. One of the panels is the same, except mirrored.
Last edited by LightBing on Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LowRyder2005
Advanced Regular

Post by LowRyder2005 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:27 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

They're most likely just supposed to be platinum blonde, not pure white.
To clarify further, it doesn't look that great mainly for the fact that the shading is virtually the same of the Daishinkan, but if you want something that's really white just look at Toppo's or Dyspo's gloves. Or Roshi's beard, for that matter.
Last edited by LowRyder2005 on Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:30 pm

Doctor. wrote: Here are a few examples of what I mean. I didn't go through the whole manga but I'm sure you can find many other examples that fit into these categories.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

The constant use of the same poses, moves and angles make the fights feel repetitive.
Is this oh no,BANK panels,get it bank panels
    I don't find the shot of black similar to beerus,didn't notice these,if he keep doing this,the battle royal will be bland
    LightBing wrote:I'm pretty sure this fight is an homage to the SSG Goku vs Beerus fight. One of the panels is the same, except mirrored.
    A user already pointed this out,some of these shot are reused from Goku vs beerus round 1-round 2
    Mostly active on discord.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:42 pm

Fantastic.
    Yet again, power levels in the manga are perfectly fine, unlike the completely mess the anime is. I repeat, it's fantastic.

Beerus stomping Mastered Ssj Blue Vegeta once he got serious makes sense, since Vegito was said to be "maybe stronger" than him, and the fusion was destroying Merged Zamasu.

I'm sure he'll fix the enormous mistakes the anime's done so far in the tournament, for example:

1) Goku and Vegeta going SsjB against the Trio De Dangers, when those three are hardly Base Saiyan tier.
    2) Krillin and 18 being on par with each other.
    3) Ssj Berserker Kale stomping SsjB Goku.
    4) Base Goku getting literally beaten by everyone.

And I'm sure 17 won't be God tier.

Doctor.
    Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:43 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:And I'm sure 17 won't be God tier.
    That's the one thing I'll bet my account will remain the same.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:45 pm

Doctor. wrote:
    Zamasu55 wrote:And I'm sure 17 won't be God tier.
    That's the one thing I'll bet my account will remain the same.
    People said the same about Future Trunks, but Toyotaro made him "only" as strong as Ssj3 Goku. That's it.
    I reckon 17's going to be Ssj3 tier as well.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:24 pm

I bet 17 will match SSG Goku in the manga
    I liked the chapter, the Beerus vs Vegeta fight was pretty good. Beerus is a sore loser though