"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Namz » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:52 pm

The fact that a scumbag such as Quitela said "I'm the only one who defeated Beerus" confirms these two are the strongest gods. Although it's clearly obvious Beerus is better than Quitela since Beerus tricked him with Mosco and by punching Champa so hard and fast no one noticed.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:57 pm

TheOne wrote:For starters, we don't even know if the other Gods of Destructions care about getting stronger or about that method. Who says that they even still train?
This is speculation on your behalf. Whis was very adamant in saying that this very same method could put a fighter above all, even a casual mortal, like Vegeta, who is training under Whis. Why wouldn't the other God of Destruction care about it, and why wouldn't any of the other angels teach them?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:01 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Are picking apart word again I see.
What? No, really, what? You just admitted it yourself that your arguments have been nothing but one big theory...
and if the other gods dont know it that further evidence to back up my theory.
Headcannon is a void in the story were no logical explinastion exists and has no prior examples to fill it and so fans fill in the blanks with their own ideas.
Which is exactly what you have been doing this entire time. You're claiming that it's a method exclusive to Whis. I ask you to show proof of Whis confirming this, you give none and continue to justify something that's nonexistent to the fact that other characters, in the past, have their own methods of training that no other gods have.
So were were is all this stuff the diffnitivly proves Beerus is the strongest please?
Where, in all of my posts, have I claimed Beerus is the strongest GoD when we have no confirmation on that whatsoever? In my first post, I complained that I didn't like it how Beerus effortlessly dodged attacks from several GoD. This was followed with you justifying it by saying Beerus is using Whis' method. I counter that by saying it's bullshit that none of the other GoD - 11 at that, know this method, or at the very least, weren't able to keep up with his speed. Not a single one.

Really, reread the past posts and your own.
Ok so from the ground up it seems

Theory - a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained.

Headcannon - Elements and interpretations of a fictional universe accepted by an individual fan, but not necessarily found within or supported by the official canon.

If you cannot tell the difference thats your problem not mine.

And for that last part, its my tern to say "are you being serues" because your the one saying Beerus should not be doing all this, implying that the story is saying he;s stronger, when the story has done no such thing and even gives evidence against it.

And the real kicker is that this is a theory and you started raccuastions of head cannon and that I was claming stuff when I hast started my post with " as is stands" which to even a blind person would show that I'm putting forward an idea. I've been defence becuse some jackass has instead of talking about it acted like a jerk with a chip on his shoulder.

So when you want to actually talk we'll continue.

Edit:Edit: I'm sorry, saying "ranting like a loon" is unfair but I will say that your rather rude especially when you start shouting headcannon rather then you know just discussing the issue.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:10 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:*snip*
I'm just going to ignore your condensing tone and move of goalposts.

I'm giving you arguments, you just choose to ignore them and repeat yourself. You have never shown that Whis has confirmed that this method is exclusive to himself and students. I'm not looking for assumptions, I look for facts. The fact is that Beerus breezed through four(?) GoD as they wore puzzled expressions on their faces. It's eye rolling and wanking - especially if this ability is indeed exclusive to Beerus and not any other GoD.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:12 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:
TheOne wrote:For starters, we don't even know if the other Gods of Destructions care about getting stronger or about that method. Who says that they even still train?
This is speculation on your behalf. Whis was very adamant in saying that this very same method could put a fighter above all, even a casual mortal, like Vegeta, who is training under Whis. Why wouldn't the other God of Destruction care about it, and why wouldn't any of the other angels teach them?
Everything here is speculation. That's why we have threads. Is it really so hard to see why not many of them would care about training..? They get to literally do whatever they want. All they have to do is destroy stuff occasionally. Not everybody in this series has a mentality of a Saiyan and train all the time. Beerus is asleep half of the time. Other Gods of Destruction are probably just complacent. They're strong enough that the only people that can oppose them are other Gods of Destruction. Why is that such a hard concept for you to understand?
How i predict the tournament will end:

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:14 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:

I'm giving you arguments, you just choose to ignore them and repeat yourself. You have never shown that Whis has confirmed that this method is exclusive to himself and students. I'm not looking for assumptions, I look for facts. The fact is that Beerus breezed through four(?) GoD as they wore puzzled expressions on their faces. It's eye rolling and wanking - especially if this ability is indeed exclusive to Beerus and not any other GoD.
Bye then :wave:.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:15 pm

TheOne wrote:Is it really so hard to see why not many of them would care about training..?
When we're talking about GoD who have shown to be prideful of their universes and disdain towards Beerus? Yeah, not a single one of them not wanting to become stronger than him is completely absurd and is just you trying to justify him being possibly the strongest.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:23 pm

TheOne wrote: For starters, we don't even know if the other Gods of Destructions care about getting stronger or about that method. Who says that they even still train? All we know is that Whis trains Beerus and that's a method they've been talking about CONSISTENTLY in both the manga and anime.
Who says that they don't?
Why people are complaining about THIS and not about Roshi or any other blatant issues in the series I do not know.
You seem really obsessed with Roshi to the point you think we should talk about him in a chapter that has nothing to do with him.
This is one thing that makes a lot of sense and people want to complain about it.
You what would make sense?"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread
So how about we talk about the chapter that just came out instead of anime Roshi who has nothing to do with the current chapter?

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:25 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:
TheOne wrote:Is it really so hard to see why not many of them would care about training..?
When we're talking about GoD who have shown to be prideful of their universes and disdain towards Beerus? Yeah, not a single one of them not wanting to become stronger than him is completely absurd and is just you trying to justify him being possibly the strongest.
Whatever you say man
How i predict the tournament will end:

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:34 pm

Doctor. wrote:
LightBing wrote:Can people please explain to me why Beerus being the strongest or one of the strongest is bad? Why would it be better if he was weaker than some or most of them?
Because it lacks scale (which is a major problem with Dragon Ball, which is emphasized in Super, which is even more emphasized with Toyotaro's writing, but I digress). You introduced this character 4 arcs ago. Our main characters, though still weaker, are catching up to him. Now you introduce 11 super ultra powerful characters in the same league as Beerus. In any other series, Beerus would be one of the weaker ones or straight down the middle, to give Goku and Vegeta room to grow before they're the hottest of shits. It's building up future power progression naturally instead of pulling strong opponents out of their ass after they already established the previous enemy as the strongest one ever (this is something Z did constantly). It's a safety net for future stories and plots to fall on. Plus, it's consistent with the series' themes, being that we're watching/reading an underdog story and one of the main themes is that there are always stronger opponents out there, no matter how strong you think you are. By establishing a ceiling with the GoDs and Angels, and by already placing our main characters so close to that ceiling, it limits the series' scale, and making our universe so ridiculously strong flies right in the face of everything the series strives to teach you.

But Beerus wasn't established as the strongest, which is worth nothing.
Your're assuming stagnation: assuming that the other Hakaishins are the immediate stepping stone for our main characters(there could be more content in between, 4 arcs and their progress has been minimal), assuming that Beerus and the other Hakaishins will be static characters, assuming new characters like Zamasu can't appear, assuming that this by default makes the other Universes void of possible challenges.
You're assuming the worst possible scenario.

What Dragon Ball did before Super is the reason why everyone and their mother has Super Saiyan, why there's a billion Super Saiyan forms, why so many characters need to be left behind because they can't keep up. It was a problem.
Super is actually taking his time to build on the structure it made, instead of sprinting through it from the weakest soldier to killing the Emperor of the Universe in 2 arcs.

This possible story point doesn't put the story in chains. The structure can be changed like it was so many times in Dragon Ball.

Also Dragon Ball isn't an underdog story, where did you get this idea from? :eh:

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:35 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
mfwlegend3 wrote:

Bye then :wave:.
You know what no, not bye then I think.

I have never once moved the goal posts I have repetated myself over and over again purely because I'm giving you what you want. My reasoning. I have given you a list of many characters, both mortal and god, who have their own unique training methods that can be used as evednce to back up my way of thinking. I said from the every start and I'll even quote myself.
Lord Frieza wrote: As it stands it is somthing only Whis teachs and thats not in anyway odd given that King Kai teachs the Kaio-ken, Kami teach's ki sensing or Roshi teaching turtle style. Its Whis's branch of training, and the other gods not knowing it is is no differen the the crane school teaching people to fly and the turtle school not doing so.

Also Beerus has not perfected as he ends up right in Mosco's hands and is force to used all 4 limbs to break free, another sign that he's not a great deal stronger then the other gods.

also from the small traslations I've read its even in the chapter itself as the explinastion.
and I'm forced to be "condicending" yet again....

As it stands - in its present condition.

Since no other god or angel, espaically ones whe have spent long periods of time with like Champa and Vados have ever talked about this method, AS IT STANDS its something unique to Beerus and Whis until proven other wise. And again that would not be some magical oddity when as I have pointed out again and again to mind numbing level different masters have theor own techniques.

And as evidence to my defenciveness I'll remind you of the rudenss that started all this and why I'm not moving the goall posts, your makeing assumptionsabout what I say and being rude.
mfwlegend3 wrote: This is so much headcanon, it hurts. Show me a panel where Whis says that no other angels are capable of this training method, it doesn't exist. And even if it did, it's bad writing and obviously wanking for Beerus.
and with that good bye :wave:

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:47 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Also Beerus has not perfected as he ends up right in Mosco's hands and is force to used all 4 limbs to break free, another sign that he's not a great deal stronger then the other gods.
What does that have to do with him being able to breeze through the other GoD as if they weren't able to keep up with his speed? If they were stronger, or even on par with him, then that shouldn't have been an issue. At the very least, they could have gotten a hit in. But, no, Beerus cross stepped more than three.
and I'm forced to be "condicending" yet again....
No one is forcing you to do anything. If you have nothing good to say, then don't post at all. It's that simple. Belittling someone because you can't come up with a proper rebuttal just makes you look bad, no one else.
Since no other god or angel, espaically ones whe have spent long periods of time with like Champa and Vados have ever talked about this method
We've never seen Beerus or Whis teach or show Goku the Hakai, yet they apparently did. Just because it wasn't shown, it doesn't stop them from knowing of the method and it being only exclusive to Beerus himself.
AS IT STANDS its something unique to Beerus and Whis until proven other wise.
Which is wanking because it makes the other GoD look like absolute jobbers in exchange for Beerus having something over the rest of them.
that good bye :wave:
What's the point of this? If you want to leave a debate, just leave. Saying "bye" really isn't necessary.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:59 pm

mfwlegend3 wrote:snip
Lets end this nicely shall we.

You think what ever you like man.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:21 pm

TheOne wrote:
mfwlegend3 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:But all that dodging is due to Whis's move without thinking training
Spider-Man wrote:Are you aware of his training, moving and react with out thinking even then he got kicked really hard by vermoud by dodging their attacks
I'm seeing the people who are defending this bring up that "battle method."

Why is it that none of the other GoD have mastered that, if that's the case? Is it a method only exclusive to GoD who train under Whis? If so, why would it be only exclusive to him in the first place? Even if Beerus has in fact perfected it, then Whis should have mentioned chapters ago when he was teaching Goku and Beerus, "Not even Beerus-sama and the other God of Destruction have mastered this." But even THEN, it would be bullshit that none of the other 11 GoD know of this method.
For starters, we don't even know if the other Gods of Destructions care about getting stronger or about that method. Who says that they even still train? All we know is that Whis trains Beerus and that's a method they've been talking about CONSISTENTLY in both the manga and anime. Why people are complaining about THIS and not about Roshi or any other blatant issues in the series I do not know.

This is one thing that makes a lot of sense and people want to complain about it.
Several have complained about rohsi and 2 prominent dbtubers have made videos about it. But most don't care because its cool seeing a human kick butt that we actually like.

Rule of cool, baby. Just like Tenshinhan against Semi perfect Cell. It made no sense but it was cool so who cares.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:46 pm

Soooo someone needs to explain to me why this is such a problem??

Beerus learns a specific technique that allows him to dodge attacks. The other GoD don't seem to exhibit any particular martial arts skill beyond being powerful and having a handful of techniques. I'm not sure they were even really supposed to be "fighters" it seems like Beerus just happens to like fighting which is unique to him. Champa hasn't exhibited that particular trait and neither have any of the other GoDs. Maybe none of them really cares about getting a good fight beyond doing their job.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:11 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
mfwlegend3 wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Yeah I'm totaly grabbing at starw :roll:.
Yes, you really are. You're asserting the fact those past characters have an ability that no other god is shown to half to Whis and Beerus against 11 other angels and gods of destruction. It's headcanon, as you even said; a theory. As I said before, even if that were the case, the very fact that these two have a method that could put them over all 11 other GoD, who Beerus claimed some to be even mightier than him in BoG, is bad writing.

And in this very chapter Quitela has already given evidence that he IS stronger since he beat Beerus at arm wrestling "a test of strength". Sidra blocked is attack with little effert and Mosco forced him to use all his limbs to eescape. So were were is all this stuff the diffnitivly proves Beerus is the strongest please?
Reacting without thinking isn't some angel level technique. It's something taught in normal marital arts. I take marital arts and one of things we are taught is to reach a point of 'no thought'. Being able to move and react without thinking about it.

So treating this as something exclusive to Whis is, to be blunt, silly.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Rhuagh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rhuagh » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:19 pm

HeroR wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
mfwlegend3 wrote:Yes, you really are. You're asserting the fact those past characters have an ability that no other god is shown to half to Whis and Beerus against 11 other angels and gods of destruction. It's headcanon, as you even said; a theory. As I said before, even if that were the case, the very fact that these two have a method that could put them over all 11 other GoD, who Beerus claimed some to be even mightier than him in BoG, is bad writing.

And in this very chapter Quitela has already given evidence that he IS stronger since he beat Beerus at arm wrestling "a test of strength". Sidra blocked is attack with little effert and Mosco forced him to use all his limbs to eescape. So were were is all this stuff the diffnitivly proves Beerus is the strongest please?
Reacting without thinking isn't some angel level technique. It's something taught in normal marital arts. I take marital arts and one of things we are taught is to reach a point of 'no thought'. Being able to move and react without thinking about it.

So treating this as something exclusive to Whis is, to be blunt, silly.
Not the same at all. Whis is talking about every part of your body moving independently of your brain. Faster than signals on your neural system can travel. Needless to say, that's not biologically possible in the real world.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:19 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:It's quite clear that the super manga and anime are two completely different continuities. There are just too many differences between the two to be considered identical.
Especially the battle against Hit in the U6 tournament arc and the battle against Black and Zamasu.
But now Toyotaro has to go and wank Beerus to the point where he could avoid the attacks of all 11 Gods of Destruction attacking together! While Geene alone by himself could/should be able to dominate Beerus with ease. I'm pretty sure the anime will make him far above Beerus. It's just one of those things that the Anime will handle far better.
And now U4 GoD Quitela has been stated to be the GoD who's stronger than Beerus, yet Vermouth seems to be a far better candidate for that. Couple that with the idea that said God of Destruction who beat Beerus in an arm wrestling match supposively had a Mortal in that universe who's even stronger,... and then you'll realise U11's GoD makes way more sense. (Jiren!)

Anime>>>>>Manga imo.
The anime and manga have the same plot.
Which means they both are the same continuity to Toriyama's story outline.
They only have some different ways of getting the plot from point A to B.

As far as Beerus outmaneuvering the other gods with the "react without thinking" skill is very accurate. In both the anime and manga, Whis stated that this tech would help them avoid "ANY" situation. Here we have it demonstrated by Beerus who is training himself to master it. Whis himself even stated in both the anime and manga that Beerus has yet to master it. Whis is the only person stated in the anime to have mastered this skill. So it does not mean that the other angles or god's are suppose to know about this tech as well. Those kinds of assumptions are what gets people confused about the story causing unjust complaints. So the manga just proves to be in sync with the anime on this plot point too.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:33 am

This "Beerus does too well against the other Gods of Destruction" complaint may actually be the stupidest in the entire history of this thread.

Still waiting on that translation. Still waiting on the next chapter to release the rest of the fight.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:11 am

Zeru14 wrote:
BWri wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote: Goku says that Piccolo has absolutely no hope of defeating Frost and Piccolo agrees that he can't win. He was playing on the defensive to burn up Frost's stamina but they noted that Piccolo was wearing down faster than Frost was.
Piccolo's always downplayed lol. Goku says that before they started fighting. Piccolo jokes with Frost asking him if he intends to fight in Final Form then complains that everyone is underestimating him. He then declares that he's the reincarnation of Daimaou and admits that he can't beat Frost but declares that Frost won't beat him either. The fight appears to be tit for tat, Piccolo dodging everything Frost throws at him even before taking off his weights. Once the fighting intensifies Goku looks surprised and praises Piccolo. Champa and Vados also take note of Piccolo at this point, but mostly for his Namekian heritage. Vegeta notes that Piccolo is fighting defensively, Goku notes that Frost is losing energy but says that Piccolo is in worse condition (stamina wise). Tired of dragging the fight out, Frost resorts to poison though Piccolo looked confident in his abilities the whole time and even catches Frost's punch with little effort. Piccolo is knocked out after being poisoned, just like Goku. I'm not saying Piccolo is greater than Frost, but they are in the same realm of power in the manga. That much can be deduced from the visuals, from Frost's frustration during the fight, and from Piccolo's own dialogue.
How Toyo handled this battle, gives me hope that Piccolo, Krillin, Tien, Roshi and the Android Twins will have a decent showing in the TOP.
Yeah, me too. I'm curious as to how the eliminations were decided upon. Something tells me that Toriyama didn't decide on all the eliminations except for a few key ones, but who knows at this point.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-