"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jesus-is Lord
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jesus-is Lord » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:49 pm

Bergamo wrote:Why do people complain that Berserk Kale didnt kill anybody? When has a capable martial artist died completely arbitrarily? Why not complain about how Recoome didn't kill anybody even though he had the intent and the capability? I thought this was just one of those things that you accept because it's necessary for the plot to make sense, like how we accept that Jiren doesn't immediately knock all of the competitors out of the ring. I didn't know that suspension of disbelief was the same thing as a plot hole.
It's pretty obvious she didn't lose all control and turn into a rabid animal, you easily imply she was sane to understand not to hurt caulifa and throwing constantents out of the ring is good enough, and when she started to lose enough sanity where she started wanting to kill, she was already facing the pride troopers and reaching her limit.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:57 pm

Miracles wrote:
Bergamo wrote:Why do people complain that Berserk Kale didnt kill anybody? When has a capable martial artist died completely arbitrarily? Why not complain about how Recoome didn't kill anybody even though he had the intent and the capability? I thought this was just one of those things that you accept because it's necessary for the plot to make sense, like how we accept that Jiren doesn't immediately knock all of the competitors out of the ring. I didn't know that suspension of disbelief was the same thing as a plot hole.
Kale throwing people of the ring is really killing people cause they are going to get erased anyway.
People want to see Kale rip people's heads off, but when she eliminates their universe, then Toyotaro's gone too far.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:03 pm

Bergamo wrote:People want to see Kale rip people's heads off, but when she eliminates their universe, then Toyotaro's gone too far.
:lol:

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:48 pm

Saiga wrote:I think this is going to be the manga's version of Gohan&Freeza vs Dyspo, with Kafla replacing Dyspo. So Gohan will sacrifice himself so Freeza can eliminate both Kafla and Gohan.

That's assuming Toriyama's notes were specific enough to include Freeza and Gohan teaming up.

I don't think Dyspo will be God-tier in the manga, he hasn't shown that level and Toppo has some kind of 'God aura' power up to reach that level.
Freeza helping gohan against kafla has a lot of sense ( his battle against those saiyan girls was unfinished ) ..
And 17-Roshi taking dyspo- kahseral could be a nice battle too ..
Too bad that vegeta - toppo and goku-Jiren seem to be fixed battles , but who knows ..
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:16 pm

prince212 wrote:
Saiga wrote:I think this is going to be the manga's version of Gohan&Freeza vs Dyspo, with Kafla replacing Dyspo. So Gohan will sacrifice himself so Freeza can eliminate both Kafla and Gohan.

That's assuming Toriyama's notes were specific enough to include Freeza and Gohan teaming up.

I don't think Dyspo will be God-tier in the manga, he hasn't shown that level and Toppo has some kind of 'God aura' power up to reach that level.
Freeza helping gohan against kafla has a lot of sense ( his battle against those saiyan girls was unfinished ) ..
Too bad that vegeta - toppo and goku-Jiren seem to be fixed battles , but who knows ..
I would prefer if Gohan and Roshi went out fighting Kefla and then Frieza and 17 fought Dyspo and Kahseral. Why?

Kefla is a Demon Saiyan. Gohan is a Saiyan and Roshi has a demon sealing technique.

Kahseral is a cyborg. 17 is a cyborg.

Goku/Vegeta/Frieza vs Jiren/Toppo/Dyspo is basically perfect, so why change it.

Jesus-is Lord
Beyond Newbie

Post by Jesus-is Lord » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:20 pm

Bergamo wrote:
prince212 wrote:

I would prefer if Gohan and Roshi went out fighting Kefla and then Frieza and 17 fought Dyspo and Kahseral. Why?

Kefla is a Demon Saiyan. Gohan is a Saiyan and Roshi has a demon sealing technique.

Dyspo wouldn't be a match for Frieza. Dyspo is at max ssj3 tier.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:26 pm

I wonder how many people would get pissed if Kefla loses to Mafuba lol. I would laugh so hard. There's only Universes 6, 11, and 7 remaining. Not many choices left for Roshi and we all know he's going to use it.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:36 pm

I don't think he's powerful enough to do that. He had doubts about sealing Zamasu in chapter 21.
Last edited by SSJgogeto on Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:45 pm

Yeah, I'd be annoyed if they suddenly threw out the limitation the Black arc placed on it. That was a good limitation to prevent it being a near insta-win technique.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:56 pm

Jesus-is Lord wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
prince212 wrote: Freeza helping gohan against kafla has a lot of sense ( his battle against those saiyan girls was unfinished ) ..

Dyspo wouldn't be a match for Frieza. Dyspo is at max ssj3 tier.
Toyo could always give Dyspo super light speed mode. It's not known for certain whether or not it is an anime original form.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:15 am

Bergamo wrote:Toyo could always give Dyspo super light speed mode. It's not known for certain whether or not it is an anime original form.
Yeah. I think Toyo has to give Dyspo something of that nature. He is a top three pride trooper and a Toriyama design exclusive.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:25 am

shadowfox87 wrote:I wonder how many people would get pissed if Kefla loses to Mafuba lol. I would laugh so hard. There's only Universes 6, 11, and 7 remaining. Not many choices left for Roshi and we all know he's going to use it.
I won’t be pissed as long as all is developed in a good manner... What would be funny is Roshi using the mafuba to seal himself and him being the last participant standing inside of a jar ..
I don’t wanna bring back the anime -manga war again , but how many times Roshi used the mafuba in the anime ?
It won’t be a big issue if he will use mafuba and won’t die just by being healed on the benches real quick

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:02 am

prince212 wrote: I don’t wanna bring back the anime -manga war again , but how many times Roshi used the mafuba in the anime ?
It won’t be a big issue if he will use mafuba and won’t die just by being healed on the benches real quick
I think it was 3? Once against Derkori and I can't remember if it was once or twice against Frost and Magetta.

MoscoSama
Temporarily Banned

Post by MoscoSama » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:34 pm

Freeza will get his revenge, I'm calling it. They are going to either pull the Dyspo sacrifice thing except with Kefla or Freeza will do a "sneak attack" on her like he did to Toppo in the anime.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:56 pm

Can't believe I'm actually looking forward to this Gohan vs Kefla match

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:01 pm

OLKv3 wrote:Can't believe I'm actually looking forward to this Gohan vs Kefla match
I'm also somehow looking forward to it, though in my case that's probably because I can't wait to see the fandom react to whatever happens. If Gohan wins, there'll be drama. If Kefla wins, there'll be drama. If something else happens entirely, there'll definitely be drama. It's going to be interesting. (And if this thread gets locked during the leak period, which it does tend to do, that'll probably be a good thing.)
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:42 pm

Kefla vs gohan, yet somehow i believe jiren will be the one to eliminate her. No one has been able to predict the flow of the manga at all, so why not go wild with predicting the outcome with the kefla fight.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:43 pm

TKA wrote:The Omega Shenron/One-Star Dragon fight is just a truncated version of the Super Buu fight, with the end of the Pure Buu fight tacked on. Likewise, the last Zamasu fight in the anime is just a copied version of the Omega Shenron/One-Star Dragon fight. Jiren vs Goku in the anime is just Goku vs Frieza on Namek. They all have the same beats. Stop referencing the past and just do something new. Nostalgia sucks when there isn't more to it than that.
That's funny, cause that's exactly what the manga do!

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:00 pm

Noah wrote:
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
I love those references :thumbup:
Alruneia wrote: I'm also somehow looking forward to it, though in my case that's probably because I can't wait to see the fandom react to whatever happens. If Gohan wins, there'll be drama. If Kefla wins, there'll be drama. If something else happens entirely, there'll definitely be drama. It's going to be interesting. (And if this thread gets locked during the leak period, which it does tend to do, that'll probably be a good thing.)
You forgot to mention the reference drama , thousands of fans looking for it :shh:

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:01 pm

Noah wrote:
TKA wrote:The Omega Shenron/One-Star Dragon fight is just a truncated version of the Super Buu fight, with the end of the Pure Buu fight tacked on. Likewise, the last Zamasu fight in the anime is just a copied version of the Omega Shenron/One-Star Dragon fight. Jiren vs Goku in the anime is just Goku vs Frieza on Namek. They all have the same beats. Stop referencing the past and just do something new. Nostalgia sucks when there isn't more to it than that.
That's funny, cause that's exactly what the manga do!

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Reconstructing panel layouts is lazy on Toyotaro's parts, but they don't affect the narrative.