Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Draconic
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Draconic » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:55 pm

I think it kinda got implied that Jiren got UI too, when he started powering up. They talk about him breaking his limits and what not and, though never outright stated, the aura looks way too similar to Goku's to not be UI.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:57 pm

Just to let y’all know, Goku only had the edge with the Kamehameha at the end. Anything before that it was very very even.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:58 pm

Draconic wrote:I think it kinda got implied that Jiren got UI too, when he started powering up. They talk about him breaking his limits and what not and, though never outright stated, the aura looks way too similar to Goku's to not be UI.
Thats not Ultra Instinct, what Jiren got was https://youtu.be/JAb5SasJ2Y4?t=56

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:59 pm

And jiren physically hit goku a couple of times, which says a lot about jiren

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:59 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
Draconic wrote:I think it kinda got implied that Jiren got UI too, when he started powering up. They talk about him breaking his limits and what not and, though never outright stated, the aura looks way too similar to Goku's to not be UI.
Thats not Ultra Instinct, what Jiren got was https://youtu.be/JAb5SasJ2Y4?t=56
That was a good one :lol:
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:08 pm

The fact that Jiren had this much power, he should have defeated everyone the moment it began. Unless he evolved during his fight with Goku too.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:11 pm

I felt that UI just became another normal power up in this episode. His ability to deflect any danger without thinking does not give any advantage in battle against enemies with the same level of power.
It's just a different way to make Goku stronger.

I do not know who is stronger between Goku and Jiren

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:13 pm

MagmonKai wrote:The fact that Jiren had this much power, he should have defeated everyone the moment it began. Unless he evolved during his fight with Goku too.
That’s what it implied. Goku beating him triggered his dormant power, which allowed him to overwhelm goku first, and hold his own at the end for a while

So
Jiren < MUI Goku < DP Jiren, slightly < Final MUI Goku

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:24 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:I felt that UI just became another normal power up in this episode. His ability to deflect any danger without thinking does not give any advantage in battle against enemies with the same level of power.
It's just a different way to make Goku stronger.

I do not know who is stronger between Goku and Jiren
Yess thiss. Whats the meaning of MUI if its just a power up? They should of not hit Goku. Now the backstory of MUI is shit.

Btw the manga did a better job: dodging a 11 GoD's at once (beerus) and the "taking on any enemy" statement. Better then the "avoid any danger" statement.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:30 pm

Well, I never thought of MUI being invinsible no matter what, that’s called the no limits fallacy, but I didn not expect jiren, who could tag UIO, to hit goku many times this episode. Btw, a MUI jiren would not doubt beat the shit out of the grand priest.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:32 pm

For all we know Goku could have been stacking Kaioken on top of his new form (just briefly) to over power the newly powered up Jiren which made him fall out at the end...

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:34 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Well, I never thought of MUI being invinsible no matter what, that’s called the no limits fallacy, but I didn not expect jiren, who could tag UIO, to hit goku many times this episode. Btw, a MUI jiren would not doubt beat the shit out of the grand priest.
I also find it exaggerated to say that Goku is invincible in this form, but I found that this ability to deflect would be an advantage in the fight, but it looks like it's just a power up, someone with brute strength is able to handle it

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:35 pm

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:36 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Well, I never thought of MUI being invinsible no matter what, that’s called the no limits fallacy, but I didn not expect jiren, who could tag UIO, to hit goku many times this episode. Btw, a MUI jiren would not doubt beat the shit out of the grand priest.
I also find it exaggerated to say that Goku is invincible in this form, but I found that this ability to deflect would be an advantage in the fight, but it looks like it's just a power up, someone with brute strength is able to handle it
The problem isn’t brute strengh, the problem is that jiren isn’t all about brute strength, he has as much speed as he packs a punch. So there’s that, and he is beyond hakaishin level, theres that too.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:42 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
The problem isn’t brute strengh, the problem is that jiren isn’t all about brute strength, he has as much speed as he packs a punch. So there’s that, and he is beyond hakaishin level, theres that too.
When I say brute force, I mean power (which involves speed, responsiveness, and others).

That is, only '' power '' is able to rival the ability to dodge everything without thinking (something that was not even explored in this EP). And that gives the feeling of being just another power up.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:44 pm

Jiren is not just brute force.

He's immense power combined with incredible fighting ability. Jirne was able to see through Hit's time-skip despite never haveing met him before and was able to see through UIO Goku's moves after one short fight and watching his fight with Kefla.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:49 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Jiren is not just brute force.

He's immense power combined with incredible fighting ability. Jirne was able to see through Hit's time-skip despite never haveing met him before and was able to see through UIO Goku's moves after one short fight and watching his fight with Kefla.
He never met Hit in combat before, however, he had seen Hit fight and did know what the time-skip was. So after experiencing it briefly, with all that knowledge at his disposal, he was able to form an effective counter attack.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:50 pm

Btw, no statements that matter in today’s episode?

Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kaiosama » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:51 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Btw, no statements that matter in today’s episode?
Goku surpassed Jiren before his form ran out. Goku is officially the most powerful fighter in all the universes.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:53 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Jiren is not just brute force.

He never met Hit in combat before, however, he had seen Hit fight and did know what the time-skip was. So after experiencing it briefly, with all that knowledge at his disposal, he was able to form an effective counter attack.
Fair enough but thats still Goku level fighting ability. Not many warriors in DB can so perfectly counter such an ability without having faced it themselves first hand.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.