Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:55 pm

She did beat the Giant Ribrianne whereas Super Ribrianne seemed to have Base Goku on the run.

Not sure if that would imply Android 18 is above the Base Saiyans but it'd mean she'd be above Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks and I dunno about that. Though I'd have said that about Android 17 too.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:21 pm

There's also her feat against Tupper compared to base Goku, although people will probably ignore that to keep the "Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks" filler intact. :roll:

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:43 am

Can Piccolo destroy the universe?

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:08 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:Can Piccolo destroy the universe?
No. No he can not

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:32 am

Bullza wrote:Considering how strong Android 17 got then how strong do you think Android 18 is?

Back in the Resurrection F saga she did say she was stronger than "you guys" though I don't know if she'd be referring to Gohan and Piccolo.

But then when they were picking their team for the Universe 6 Tournament, Android 18 wasn't mentioned.
Considering that base Ribrianne is weaker than an exhausted base Goku I have 18 a little weaker than base Cabba. She might be stronger than base Vegeta or Goku but I doubt it.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:33 am

PFM18 wrote:
No. No he can not
How can you be so sure?

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:19 am

I'd say only people at least as strong as Super Saiyan God Goku could destroy a Universe.

He would have destroyed whilst fighting someone of equal power. Debatable whether he could have done it on his own. Infact going by what was also said later, you might need to be as strong as Kefla to being able to do it.

So no I wouldn't have said Piccolo would come close to that. He's stronger than Cell so he could take out a Solar System at least.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:42 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
No. No he can not
How can you be so sure?
Because as of now there is no definite proof anyone below Zeno can universe bust, though it is strongly implied GoD tiers can. However Piccolo is still ssj2 tier, so he is probably around solar system level.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:27 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
No. No he can not
How can you be so sure?
Occam’s razor
because there is no proof that piccolo can do it.

Burden of proof
is to who ever makes the claim, not to who rejects it, incase you would reply with “how can you proof piccolo isnt a universe buster”

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzk1999 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:10 am

dragon boss z wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
No. No he can not
How can you be so sure?
Because as of now there is no definite proof anyone below Zeno can universe bust, though it is strongly implied GoD tiers can. However Piccolo is still ssj2 tier, so he is probably around solar system level.
Eh, I’d say that it’s more than strongly implied with GoD tiers. Between Beerus nullifying that energy that was capable of wiping out the universe and GoD Toppo warping the world of void. I think it can be said without doubt that that tier can destroy the universe (although not as easy as Zeno can)

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:49 am

Dbzk1999 wrote:
dragon boss z wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: How can you be so sure?
Eh, I’d say that it’s more than strongly implied with GoD tiers. Between Beerus nullifying that energy that was capable of wiping out the universe and GoD Toppo warping the world of void. I think it can be said without doubt that that tier can destroy the universe (although not as easy as Zeno can)
Beerus nullified the energy when he was near SSJG level, and nowhere near full power/GoD level. Otherwise, Goku would’ve felt the massive difference in power, and not believe Beerus when he lied about using his full power during he fight.
Last edited by Helios518 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:46 pm

Bullza wrote:Considering how strong Android 17 got then how strong do you think Android 18 is?

Back in the Resurrection F saga she did say she was stronger than "you guys" though I don't know if she'd be referring to Gohan and Piccolo.

But then when they were picking their team for the Universe 6 Tournament, Android 18 wasn't mentioned.
I think she's stronger than current base Goku and Vegeta, but weaker than current SSJ Goku and Vegeta.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:54 pm

Dbzk1999 wrote:Eh, I’d say that it’s more than strongly implied with GoD tiers. Between Beerus nullifying that energy that was capable of wiping out the universe and GoD Toppo warping the world of void. I think it can be said without doubt that that tier can destroy the universe (although not as easy as Zeno can)
Well they did outright say that if Beerus and Champa fought then both Universes would get destroyed. Goku and Beerus' also created an energy ball that was going to destroy Universe 7 as well before Beerus nullified it.

And there was this too.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:04 pm

People are still denying hakaishins being able to one shot a universe? I'm totally fine with people believing that ssg was not universal, but why deny that hakaishins are at that level?

Although i have to say that hakaishins are also severly overrated by some people, especially beerus.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:40 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:

I think she's stronger than current base Goku and Vegeta, but weaker than current SSJ Goku and Vegeta.
That would make her atleast tens of thousands of times stronger than she was when she was first introduced though

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:43 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:People are still denying hakaishins being able to one shot a universe? I'm totally fine with people believing that ssg was not universal, but why deny that hakaishins are at that level?

Although i have to say that hakaishins are also severly overrated by some people, especially beerus.
I'm not denying it. I said it is strongly implied they are but not 100% confirmed like Zeno. So imo they probably are, however Piccolo is not. Not even close.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:36 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:People are still denying hakaishins being able to one shot a universe? I'm totally fine with people believing that ssg was not universal, but why deny that hakaishins are at that level?

I'm not denying it. I said it is strongly implied they are but not 100% confirmed like Zeno. So imo they probably are, however Piccolo is not. Not even close.
Zeno is beyond that if we are being honest.

Piccolo isnt a universe buster... umm? I think your confusing me with someone a couple replies above us. I already replied to that person.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:47 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote: Zeno is beyond that if we are being honest.
Yes, he is multi universe level, but he is still the only character to destroy any universe.
Piccolo isnt a universe buster... umm? I think your confusing me with someone a couple replies above us. I already replied to that person.
I know that wasn't you, I was just pointing out who I was saying wasn't a universe buster.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:18 pm

Honestly, I'd say Vegeta's "fight " with Katopesla is the best evidence we have for how strong Goku and Vegeta without transformations are.

When he became 300 times stronger than normal in his Power Mode, Katopesla could beat on Vegeta's base form, and he only really annoyed him; he then became 300 times stronger than this in his Ultimate Mode, and was still inferior to Vegeta's SS form.

Speed Mode Katopesla was gonna land a blow against 18 while her ankle was twisted, but he was stopped by 17. Seems to me that this is about the best we have for any direct comparisons between 18 and base Goku/Vegeta.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:04 pm

I don't think it's been brought up here for a very long time but seeing the newest Dragon Ball Heroes opening got me wondering.

How strong are the Dragon Ball GT characters compared to the Super characters at this point? Dragon Ball Heroes has Super Saiyan 4 Goku and Super Saiyan Blue Goku as being equal but that's just a game of course.

So amongst the Super Saiyan 4 level characters and then also Omega Shenron and Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta. Where would you class them amongst those in Super?

I don't think any of them would be as strong as Super Saiyan God myself. I'm not sure if it was true or a myth, I always forget but didn't some magazine suggest Super Saiyan 4 Goku was weaker than Super Vegito?