Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:45 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:I can't be the only who finds retarded that 17 and Freeza were holding on their own against Jiren. Wrecked by Goku or not, he still several times stronger than both.
Maybe just like goku, his limit breaking form reality puts a toll on his body

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:46 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:Is belmod < FP jiren a factor anymore? I mean, FP jiren became massively more powerful once he broke his limits. So is the argument of belmod possibly being weaker than beerus even now factors? Considering that limit Breaker Jiren can basically easily one shot his god now.
What's saying that Geran is that much stronger than Vermoud?
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:49 pm

Helios518 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:Is belmod < FP jiren a factor anymore? I mean, FP jiren became massively more powerful once he broke his limits. So is the argument of belmod possibly being weaker than beerus even now factors? Considering that limit Breaker Jiren can basically easily one shot his god now.
The fact that The gap between FPjiren (already above belmod) and LB jiren is massive as stated in this episode, so in turn, the gap between LB jiren is even more massive compared to belmod

brett wheeler
Beyond Newbie

Post by brett wheeler » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:51 pm

Helios518 wrote:
the fact FP jiren was stated to be above belmod, and FP jiren was being destroyed by MUI goku only to break his limits, get massively stronger, enough to rival and even sometimes get the upper hand against MuI goku.

brett wheeler
Beyond Newbie

Post by brett wheeler » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:56 pm

this episode was amazing, honestly its comprised of what we all loved about db, the good the bad and even fun and nostalgia, goku truly gave everything and forced his opponent to do the same, a battle of warriors and the battling of ideals, whats better to become absolute strength no matter the cost or to rely on youre friends and let them push you to be youre best, for one to loose this battle is to give up on who they are and have been for all there life and learn a new way of life, this is a verry important battle and I could not ask for a better final battle.

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:58 pm

I must be out of the loop but I thought the shirtless Geran was the full-power one. When was it stated that the one in 129 was the full power one?

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:58 pm

brett wheeler wrote:this episode was amazing, honestly its comprised of what we all loved about db, the good the bad and even fun and nostalgia, goku truly gave everything and forced his opponent to do the same, a battle of warriors and the battling of ideals, whats better to become absolute strength no matter the cost or to rely on youre friends and let them push you to be youre best, for one to loose this battle is to give up on who they are and have been for all there life and learn a new way of life, this is a verry important battle and I could not ask for a better final battle.
This is not the episode thread man, but yes the power level discussion.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:59 pm

Helios518 wrote:I must be out of the loop but I thought the shirtless Geran was the full-power one. When was it stated that the one in 129 was the full power one?
That was the first thing stated in this episode by the Supreme Kai of universe 1 :lol:

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:09 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:
Helios518 wrote:I must be out of the loop but I thought the shirtless Geran was the full-power one. When was it stated that the one in 129 was the full power one?
That was the first thing stated in this episode by the Supreme Kai of universe 1 :lol:
Geez, I guess I need to get some sleep. :oops:

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:12 am

Yeah Jiren went Full Power, I think shortly after Toppo was defeated from the looks of it. In this episode he accesses his hidden powers.

Ultra Instinct Omen Goku was about on par with Full Power Jiren then by the end of it all.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:19 am

Bullza wrote:Yeah Jiren went Full Power, I think shortly after Toppo was defeated from the looks of it. In this episode he accesses his hidden powers.

Ultra Instinct Omen Goku was about on par with Full Power Jiren then by the end of it all.
Which means that just UI omen goku is above nearly all hakaishins. That’s just scary, on both gokus and jirens part.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:34 am

Bullza wrote:Yeah Jiren went Full Power, I think shortly after Toppo was defeated from the looks of it. In this episode he accesses his hidden powers.

It is said in preview of EP 128 that Jiren has released his true strength, which means that he is finally serious, not necessarily that he is using all his power.
I think it is said in some synopsis of EP 129 that Jiren further increases his powe

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:40 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:

It is said in preview of EP 128 that Jiren has released his true strength, which means that he is finally serious, not necessarily that he is using all his power.
I think it is said in some synopsis of EP 129 that Jiren further increases his powe
The syspnosys said that jiren hits goku with a “Full Power” blast. And was prettymuch what he did at the end of 129.

brett wheeler
Beyond Newbie

Post by brett wheeler » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:44 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:

well in 129 its self the kaioshin of U1 said jiren was at full power in the beginning when he was being dominated, U11 kiaoshin kinda confirms this when he says he didnt think jiren would be this far surpassed, and even later they said that jiren's ptsd awakened jirens dormant or normally unusable power, combined this with the fact they said FP jiren without this dormant power was above belmod I say DP jiren and MUI goku are two or three steps beyond hakiashin tier, thats absolutely insane they can probably whis chop most of them and toy with the stronger ones at this rate.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:49 am

I wouldn’t go that far. I’d say they can whis chop the weakest, mess around with the mid tier and handle the strong one with mid difficulty. But we never knew the gap between FP jiren and Belmod.

brett wheeler
Beyond Newbie

Post by brett wheeler » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:55 am

Kenneth La Torre wrote:I wouldn’t go that far. I’d say they can whis chop the weakest, mess around with the mid tier and handle the strong one with mid difficulty. But we never knew the gap between FP jiren and Belmod.
well I say the difference wasnt to great between FP jiren and belmod, and also I may have exaggerated the toying with the stronger ones part, I agree they probably struggle a little with the stronger ones, but still the power jump is insane ssbkk*20 showed no sighns of coming close to low tier GoDs and now he can fight and more than likely win agianst the stronger GoDs, just damn.

brett wheeler
Beyond Newbie

Post by brett wheeler » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:34 am

new list, hopefully final list.

zeno's
grand priest
angels
MUI goku/DP jiren( goku is above but just barely )
hakiashins/SSBE vegeta final explosion/goku UI (Omen 129 )/Jiren FP ( there all bout the same but UI omen and FP jiren are slightly above )
SSBE vegeta( pride boost )/GoD toppo/jiren hint of true power( jiren>SSBE vegeta>GoD toppo but same range of power )
SSBE vegeta/UI ( omen vs kefla )
ssj2 kefla rage
suppressed jiren/ssj2 kefla FP( jiren slight edge )
UI goku ( omen first apearence )
U7 spirit bomb/ssj kefla FP
ssbkk*20 goku
hit time cage
ssbkk*10 goku/hit
ssbkk goku/toopo FP
ssb goku/vegeta/golden frieza/dyspo ( super speed mode )/toppo initial/ssj kefla initial

I am not giong any further cause this list would be huge, but any way this is while I'm still all hyped up so this list might be off but I hope its accurate.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:02 am

What Goku did to pre-shirtless Jiren is what he'd do to any GoD.

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:14 am

Wait just a minute. How can UI Goku possibly be stronger than Vegito? Goku is just a sum of his parts.

Goku's power x Vegeta's power = Vegito, so Goku couldn't possibly be stronger than Vegito. It is illogical

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:20 am

jeffbr92 wrote:I can't be the only who finds retarded that 17 and Freeza were holding on their own against Jiren. Being stomped by Goku or not, he still several times stronger than both.
This is all based on the assumption that Jiren is completely fine after his fight with Goku, right?