Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:47 am

Helios518 wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:
Nevaeh wrote: This is all based on the assumption that Jiren is completely fine after his fight with Goku, right?
Again: Jiren is the guy capable of beating the shit out KKx20 SSJB Goku (who is likely stronger than Golden Freeza and Android #17) being suppressed. It doesn't matter how injured he was, he's still a fucking monster compared to them.
He could just be so injured that he’s only Blue level.
For reference, Golden Freeza in Resurrection 'F' went from bodying Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku at full power to having his blast deflected by base form Vegeta after he drained his stamina. In Z, Goku got his ass kicked by the Cell Jr because he was tired despite being almost even with a suppressed Cell.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:52 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
I also find it exaggerated to say that Goku is invincible in this form, but I found that this ability to deflect would be an advantage in the fight, but it looks like it's just a power up, someone with brute strength is able to handle it
The problem isn’t brute strengh, the problem is that jiren isn’t all about brute strength, he has as much speed as he packs a punch. So there’s that, and he is beyond hakaishin level, theres that too.
When I say brute force, I mean power (which involves speed, responsiveness, and others).

That is, only '' power '' is able to rival the ability to dodge everything without thinking (something that was not even explored in this EP). And that gives the feeling of being just another power up.
Did Jiren hit Goku when Goku MUI went savage mode?

Mac
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mac » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:19 pm

HeroR wrote:
For reference, Golden Freeza in Resurrection 'F' went from bodying Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku at full power to having his blast deflected by base form Vegeta after he drained his stamina. In Z, Goku got his ass kicked by the Cell Jr because he was tired despite being almost even with a suppressed Cell.
We can use Vegetas original fight with Goku too, after having his tail cut off, he was weakened and tired enough for Yajirobe to be able to hurt him.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:31 pm

It looks as though Jiren is being pressure, if ever so slightly, by 17 and Freeza.

It seems as though his fight with Ultra Instinct Goku drained him, PLUS he's fighting True Golden Freeza and 17 after both have had time to sleep off their concussions. Their tag-teaming looks as though it'll be the only thing able to keep Jiren off-guard, with Freeza being the muscle and 17 being the persistent canine companion.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:52 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:It looks as though Jiren is being pressure, if ever so slightly, by 17 and Freeza.

It seems as though his fight with Ultra Instinct Goku drained him, PLUS he's fighting True Golden Freeza and 17 after both have had time to sleep off their concussions. Their tag-teaming looks as though it'll be the only thing able to keep Jiren off-guard, with Freeza being the muscle and 17 being the persistent canine companion.
17 doesn't need to rest thanks to his endless energy so he's always at max. Freeza is more tricky since he's golden now, but he won't maintain throughout the battle going by the NEP.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:02 pm

Mac wrote:Vegetas original fight with Goku too, after having his tail cut off, he was weakened and tired enough for Yajirobe to be able to hurt him.
Also remember this is the series where we had Vegeta using SSJB Evolution after using an almost suicide technique that depleted his stamina. Being consistent with this, Jiren should still be able to drawn his full power and stomp his foes easily.
Last edited by jeffbr92 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:05 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Mac wrote:Vegetas original fight with Goku too, after having his tail cut off, he was weakened and tired enough for Yajirobe to be able to hurt him.
Also remember this is the series were he had Vegeta using SSJB Evolution after using an almost suicide technique that depleted his stamina. Being consistent with this, Jiren should still be able to drawn his full power and stomp his foes easily.
But Vegeta wasn't at full power.
Kanassa wrote:

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:06 pm

HeroR wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:
Also remember this is the series were he had Vegeta using SSJB Evolution after using an almost suicide technique that depleted his stamina. Being consistent with this, Jiren should still be able to drawn his full power and stomp his foes easily.
But Vegeta wasn't at full power.
And after this fight, Vegeta couldn't even turn Super Saiyan.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:13 pm

HeroR wrote:But Vegeta wasn't at full power.
How he wasn't at full power using the "Final Explosion" on Toppo?
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:And after this fight, Vegeta couldn't even turn Super Saiyan.
Really?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

by Doctor.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:27 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
HeroR wrote:But Vegeta wasn't at full power.
How he wasn't at full power using the "Final Explosion" on Toppo?
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:And after this fight, Vegeta couldn't even turn Super Saiyan.
Really?

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I was talking about after the fight with Jiren, where Vegeta was stuck in base form.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:31 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:I was talking about after the fight with Jiren, where Vegeta was stuck in base form.
And I was referring to Vegeta defeating Toppo with a "almost suicidal" technique, later be implied to have lost stamina and then in the next episode use his most powerful form against Jiren.

by Doctor.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:35 pm

HeroR wrote:It did come up short since his power ran out before he could finished the job.
But not in the sense of what people were assuming, that his power would be inferior to Jiren's. It isn't.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:39 pm

Bullza wrote:
HeroR wrote:It did come up short since his power ran out before he could finished the job.
But not in the sense of what people were assuming, that his power would be inferior to Jiren's. It isn't.
It was purposely written that way.
Kanassa wrote:

Issei189
Beyond Newbie

Post by Issei189 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:50 pm

Just wait until the next episode is out, Guys, They will probably make a comment about Jiren being out of stamina or worn out.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:08 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:I was talking about after the fight with Jiren, where Vegeta was stuck in base form.
And I was referring to Vegeta defeating Toppo with a "almost suicidal" technique, later be implied to have lost stamina and then in the next episode use his most powerful form against Jiren.
After Vegeta uses the Final Explosion and survives, Jiren says that with '' those wounds, '' he would not win.

So anyway, Vegeta was weaker when he faced Jiren

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:03 pm

Just to go off track a little bit.

If Android 17 has strength that rivals Super Saiyan Blue, then considering the sheer rate of improvement that he had...then wouldn't he have been the strongest on Earth during the Buu saga?

Had he shown up wouldn't he have effortlessly have man handled Buu? Maybe even put up a better fight against Beerus than Super Saiyan God Goku did?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:41 pm

This episode has REDEEMED Super. Despite MUI Goku getting hit by Jiren several times, i’m satisfied.

Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brettjr25 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:43 pm

Bullza wrote:Just to go off track a little bit.

If Android 17 has strength that rivals Super Saiyan Blue, then considering the sheer rate of improvement that he had...then wouldn't he have been the strongest on Earth during the Buu saga?

Had he shown up wouldn't he have effortlessly have man handled Buu? Maybe even put up a better fight against Beerus than Super Saiyan God Goku did?

There is no answer to that. You're assuming he had a steady growth to that level when it could've just been exponential one. Hell, look at the current fighters in the tournament. Freeza is beyond ssb and he would be toast in the buu arc. Goku is currently like 50x ssb and we know how he performed in the buu arc. The same goes for Vegeta with his ssb2 form.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:56 pm

Bullza wrote:Just to go off track a little bit.

Imo story wise I think it would have to go like this

Buu saga: ssj2 tier
BoG saga: ssj3 tier
RoF saga: ssj Vegito tier
U6 saga: BoG SSG tier
Black saga: current SSG tier
ToP saga: RoF SSB tier

This way he is always weak enough to where he really wouldn't make that much of a difference in that arc.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:25 pm

The Vegeta stamina thing is kinda tricky, the spectators kept saying he used all of his power but later on he proved them wrong by still having some ki left, quite a lot actually, given that he turned SSBE and lasted about a minute or so against Jiren and did a couple of powerful ki attacks. Well maybe not THAT much ki left, but still.
Truth is he had some energy left and it makes sense, after Toppo (whom he was beating up) he knew he had to help his teammates against Jiren, so why would he go all out against a foe that wasn't above him? the spectators were wrong and that's the writers fault because they messed with all of us putting those lines there about how depleted he was, when two episodes later we would actually witness Vegeta with nothing left.

I still don't understand why they put words on the spectators mouth as if they are speaking unquestionable truths just to be proven wrong by the fighters. People choose to believe those words over what the actual fights show.