Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:10 pm

So, what about Gohan?

I came to the conclusion that he was hovering somewhat above SSG in Ultimate right now, but closer to that than to SSB. What about you guys? Where do you think Gohan stands?

Green
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Green » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:17 pm

The notion of SS Goku being equal to God starts to make less sense when you realize that he was in fact 60% of Beerus at the time, which meant either:

- Toriyama went senile writing the script and forgot Goku could turn SS2 and slap Beerus out of existence
- Super Saiyan wasn't supposed to replace God

By the way, didn't Goku use God again in the movie or am I mistaken? I've always thought the whole Goku absorbing the god power (whatever that is supposed to be) was just a precursor to the idea that is Blue.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:19 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Miracles wrote:When Goku reverted from red to blonde he could be sensed.
At the TOP exhibition, no one noted god Ki until Goku went Blue.
Saying Goku has god powers in his base/SS is very suspect.
Literallly nobody said that he had God Ki in his Base/SSJ form.
CTAkuma wrote:
Miracles wrote:When Goku reverted from red to blonde he could be sensed.
At the TOP exhibition, no one noted god Ki until Goku went Blue.
Saying Goku has god powers in his base/SS is very suspect.
By saying Goku absorbed God power in base, people mean that, "POWER" not the god ki itself
But "absorbed into base" was never stated nor implied. The talk of adapting to and "infusing into himself" was when Goku was in his SSJ form, and there was never any further comment about absorbing anything or anything similar to it after that.
He absorbed the power of Super Saiyan God, but it was turned into normal. This was much more explicit in the Battle of Gods retelling when Goku in just Super Saiyan kept up with Beerus, yet everyone on Earth felt his ki, concluding that he wasn't a god anymore. In the Resurrection 'F' retelling, when Goku went Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan everyone thought he went Super Saiyan God since they could no longer feel his ki, but noted that the color was wrong.
Green wrote:The notion of SS Goku being equal to God starts to make less sense when you realize that he was in fact 60% of Beerus at the time, which meant either:

- Toriyama went senile writing the script and forgot Goku could turn SS2 and slap Beerus out of existence

By the way, didn't Goku use God again in the movie or am I mistaken? I've always thought the whole Goku absorbing the god power (whatever that is supposed to be) was just a precursor to the idea that is Blue.
Blue wasn't a thing on Toriyama's mind when he wrote Battle of Gods. Hence why Beerus using 70% of his power was retcon to the point that it's never mentioned in Super's retelling of Battle of Gods. And it's unlikely that Toriyama went senile when Goku literally went through all his Super Saiyan forms in the movie.
Last edited by HeroR on Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:23 pm

PFM18 wrote: Speculating about Toei's intentions is not objective. Anything more than just taking the facts/evidence that we are presented to us is akin to head canon.
Exactly, which is why you shouldn't do it.

If we have explicit confirmation that Goku during the exhibition match didn't surpass the minimum requirement for "strength of the gods" until going Blue from the yellow form, which was previously confirmed by Beerus to be SSG's level during BoG, then you shouldn't attempt to rationalize it by arguing that it arbitrarily changed for no reason. That's headcanon. If you have to apply post-hoc reasoning to justify an obvious discrepancy in-universe, that's the exact opposite of objectivity.

And ultimately, I'm not trying to convince you of anything. You're entitled to believe whatever you want, but jumping to conclusions about the intentions of literally everyone who disagrees with you is nothing short of childish.
Last edited by Marlowe89 on Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:24 pm

Green wrote:The notion of SS Goku being equal to God starts to make less sense when you realize that he was in fact 60% of Beerus at the time, which meant either:

I mean this only pertains to the movie. None of that is applicable to Super
Marlowe89 wrote:Exactly, which is why you shouldn't do it.
But that is exactly what you are doing. You're saying "Yeah I don't think that Toei intended for this to be the case, so I'm just going to ignore it." And then you "back it up" by just cherry picking the fact that there was only this specific verbatim used at this one period of time and not other times, therefore this can't be true.

What SHOULD be done is to take the facts/evidence and not bother with fruitless speculation. The facts are that it was explicitly stated multiple times by multiple characters that SSJ(post-ritual)~BoG SSG. That much is as clear of evidence as you will find for any of these sorts of things. Goku/Vegeta progress and Cabba matches them, therefore, SSJ Cabba>BoG SSG is undeniable. You can debate your different interpretations and different things like that, but some things are just objectively true. Some people like to head canon the scene and say "Goku punched the SoD in Base so he must have absorbed the rest of the power into his Base form!" But at least they acknowledge the explicit statements by Beerus/Goku.

Disclaimer: This only applies to the DBS anime. None of this pertains to the manga.
Bergamo wrote: The average space criminal should be incomprehensibly weaker than God level, and you can't get stronger by fighting weak opponents.
The average, sure. But there's probably plenty of crazy space criminals that are super strong just like Freeza or Buu in Universe 7. And in a series where punching and kicking the air or meditating are considered viable methods to receive enormous power increases then it shouldn't surpsise you that Cabba gained a lot of power fighting mostly weak criminals.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:01 pm

PFM18 wrote: But that is exactly what you are doing. You're saying "Yeah I don't think that Toei intended for this to be the case, so I'm just going to ignore it."
Don't put words in my mouth with faux quotes that I never said. Last time I'm going to say this.

At no point did I argue that Toei (initially, at least) never intended Goku to have the power of Super Saiyan God as a Super Saiyan in the first arc. I'm talking about what they intended in the Universe Survival arc, and I'm going over what they specifically established during the exhibition match. A direct statement doesn't suddenly mean something different just because you want to believe a single scene in BoG applies to Toei's intent for the entire rest of the series. Your whole premise operates on the notion that an authorial change within the anime is impossible at the outset, which automatically trivializes your attempt to prove that it couldn't happen because you're basing everything around your initial conclusion. That's called begging the question, which is circular reasoning. It's also not objective.
PFM18 wrote: And then you "back it up" by just cherry picking the fact that there was only this specific verbatim used at this one period of time and not other times, therefore this can't be true.
No, I'm backing it up by taking the facts exactly as they're presented instead of picking and choosing the facts that cater to my preconceptions, while also recognizing that certain ideas in the anime can conflict with each other. It's not rocket science.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:18 pm

PFM18 wrote:Right. People have trouble with coming to terms with the power of Cabba/Future Trunks and then they come up with all kinds of wild head canon fan theories to work around that, and then they complain when things don't fit their meticulously formulated head canon. (This is more prevalent on other places than Kanzenshuu but still)
I see this topic come up almost everytime I visit the site so it would help me understand your view knowing how you define "headcanon". Would the idea that Base Goku was thousands or millions of times stronger than SSJ Gohan but decided to turn SSJ then hold back to less than .1% of his power count as headcanon? Would the idea that SSJ God had a different power-up/multiplier after he started using it again count as headcanon? Would the idea that characters like base Cabba and Trunks were intended to be vastly stronger than their manga counterparts count as headcanon? Hypothetically, if a fan asked someone at Toei then do you truly believe these are the explanations they would offer? If not, I'm pretty sure these would fall under the definition of headcanon.

Out of these two possibilities, how do you think Toei was hoping fans would interpret these scenes:

SSJ Goku vs Gohan
1. "They're fighting in the same form so they must not be that far apart in that form.
Or
2. "They're fighting in the same for-wait but base Goku is god tier now so he must be holding back over 99% of his power!"

Goku using SSJ God in the ToP
1. "Oh it looks like Goku can use that form again."
Or
2. "Didn't he already absorb its power? I guess it must provide a different boost now!"

I find option 1 more likely. That's fine if you don't want to speculate what Toei's writers intended but I think its important to differentiate between headcanon and what they intended when claiming this is what the story is trying to tell us. I also think it's fine if you want to make these assumptions but I believe you shouldn't have a problem with fans viewing all that as headcanon and taking a different approach. In the end, we're all offering our speculation. I have one assumption and that the power scaling was intended to be the same between both the manga and anime aside from anime-exclusive power-ups but Toei accidentally adapted the BoG film power scaling for the first saga and then changed it later on. For me that's a simpler approach.
1345521 wrote:And how is GT power scailing soooo bad? lol. It's pretty straight forward and actaully shows consitency, unlike super.
SSJG vs a suppressed Beerus was threatening the entire universe which I'm pretty sure is far beyond anything ever witnessed in GT. It doesn't make sense to me that someone could argue that base Cabba or Future Trunks are capable of a similar feat and coming up with headcanon to cover the rest while complaining about GT. I didn't like GT much or think it was very consistent to begin with but I just found it less confusing.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:46 pm

1345521 wrote:Like dude, TRUNKS in less then 15 years got to become stronger then a ssj god and yet no one or series even mentioned it?
They didn't but Beerus did say that he was impressive and this is someone who previously called Vegeta pathetic.
ssj cabba and ssj cualifa are way above ssj god but yet don't one-shot most partcipants (oh, yes because all the particpant have ssj god levels of power like cmon) and have no comment by berrus or anyone substaniating they are SSJ GOD TIER?
Well they wouldn't be Super Saiyan God tier at that point. Super Saiyan God Goku at that point was kicking them both around with ease. They'd be stronger than Super Saiyan God from much earlier and what do you expect to be said?

"They're as strong as Super Saiyan God, but not as strong Super Saiyan God right now but as strong as Super Saiyan God from all the way back then".
Also, goku never returned back to ssj god, what are you talking about?
Where? In Battle of Gods? He turned back into a Super Saiyan God right at the end to destroy Beerus' sun ball. That happened minutes after Beerus said Goku had made that power his own.
We see cabba get beat to a pulp by that green girl bouncy ball thing, is SHE SSJ GOD tier, who is powerful enough to slap majin buu?
Battle of Gods God tier...Yes she is.
Is yadrat ssj god tier, since goku struggled to keep up with his "instant transmission"?
No because he was stomped by Final Form Frieza who was not as strong as Super Saiyan Goku.
Is frost ssj god tier?
No because he's even weaker than Frieza.
is andorid 18 ssj god tier, since she helped base goku against the pride troopers and deafeted ribranne who was shown to be ssj vegeta level?
No because Ribrianne was not Super Saiyan Vegeta level. She was easily defeated by him in Base form.
Goku can fight roshi harder then he fights fit buu.
Roshi was powered up from the seal which was confirmed by the writer.
First of all, being kid buu level is FAR CRY then being ssj god, and rildo was created by DR. miyu or whatever his name is, which is gero but way smarter and more technolgy. And looked how gero created the andorids and cell? it's logical to beleive he could create a machine rildo that's even stronger.
Kid Buu or Super Saiyan God, it is the exact same thing. New characters pop up that are far stronger than the ones before. Base Goku in GT was apparently stronger than Kid Buu himself yet he transformed for Ledgic and Mutchy Mutchy, two other random aliens stronger than Kid Buu from the looks of it.

Same thing with the Dragon Ball Z movies. Frieza was meant to the most powerful in the Universe and then you had Cell who was the ultimate android. Didn't stop them from coming up with random alien Bojack after though.
Like ssj2 trunks able to fight rose black, Kuririn vs ssj blue goku - ultimate gohan and andorid 17 being randomly on blue level.
Trunks fought him for a matter of a few seconds. The next time he, Goku and Vegeta couldn't land a hand on him. Goku obviously held back against Krillin who admitted he was weaker than Base Gohan. I dunno about Ultimate Gohan but Android 17 isn't Blue level because he said Golden Frieza was a monster.
Marlowe89 wrote:You're assuming anyone who disagrees with Cabba being that strong only does so because he/she doesn't "like the idea" of it.
Oh that's not an assumption, there's plenty of people here and on other sites who don't like the idea of characters being at a certain level because they don't find it to be logical that they should be that strong.

That's nothing new, people complained for months about Frieza being the villain in Resurrection F because they didn't like the idea that Frieza could train for four months and be a match for Goku.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:01 pm

With the timeline putting the meeting with Uub in about 3 years in-universe, how strong do people have base Goku and raged-out Uub, based on current information that DBS has given us?

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:17 pm

Bullza wrote:Kid Buu or Super Saiyan God, it is the exact same thing. New characters pop up that are far stronger than the ones before. Base Goku in GT was apparently stronger than Kid Buu himself yet he transformed for Ledgic and Mutchy Mutchy, two other random aliens stronger than Kid Buu from the looks of it.
I feel it's a false equivalency to say they're the same thing just because they're stronger than the antagonists of a previous. If you take into their account their power, SSJG tier can threaten the entire universe so that's several orders of magnitude greater than Kid Buu. I thought it was dumb that random aliens could be stronger than Kid Buu so I would see it as even dumber that random aliens or Saiyans could reach SSJGod tier without the ritual or training with an Angel. The story doesn't require them to be that strong since Hit was the only one that Goku used a God form against. This notion that they MUST be stronger than the last threat usually only applies to the main antagonist which is why Pui Pui isn't SSJ2 tier. It's fine if you don't mind and consider them the same but it shouldn't be hard to understand why others wouldn't based on the astronomical power difference.

Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brettjr25 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:44 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:With the timeline putting the meeting with Uub in about 3 years in-universe, how strong do people have base Goku and raged-out Uub, based on current information that DBS has given us?
Who knows, DBS keeps having Goku increase exponentially between Super and EOZ that he can end up Zeno level but they can always make it believable fight given that the fact that ROF gave us the plot point that people born with super powerful power levels can increase them up to God levels easily. If 100% Freeza can become easily as strong as SSB so shortly than base Pure Buu power level should be easily able to surpass SSB. So it shouldn't be a shock that Rage UUB could be on Base Goku's level what ever that ends up as.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:31 pm

Bullza wrote: Oh that's not an assumption, there's plenty of people here and on other sites who don't like the idea of characters being at a certain level because they don't find it to be logical that they should be that strong.
Your phrasing seemed to imply this side of the community largely/mostly disagrees with Cabba being a god tier fighter because they don't personally like the idea of him becoming that strong. If that's not what you were arguing, cool, and yes, I'm sure that a few people act as you've described. If that is what you were arguing, it couldn't be further from the truth.

I disagree with Cabba being a god tier fighter because I think recent evidence contradicts it. As do many other users. Whether I think it makes sense is irrelevant. Personally, I'd have no problem with the idea of Toei making him a god tier fighter (even if I didn't like the narrative implications of it) because I always accept what I think the anime is trying to convey, regardless of whether I actually like it.

Just look at Trunks. His Super Saiyan Rage form has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in Super, but I wouldn't dare pretend that it never happened. Because unfortunately, it did.
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:With the timeline putting the meeting with Uub in about 3 years in-universe, how strong do people have base Goku and raged-out Uub, based on current information that DBS has given us?
Considerably stronger than the base Saiyans of the Buu arc, DBS manga included. Still considerably weaker than BoG Super Saiyan God.

Beyond Newbie

Post by 1345521 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:36 pm

Skar wrote:
Bullza wrote:Kid Buu or Super Saiyan God, it is the exact same thing. New characters pop up that are far stronger than the ones before. Base Goku in GT was apparently stronger than Kid Buu himself yet he transformed for Ledgic and Mutchy Mutchy, two other random aliens stronger than Kid Buu from the looks of it.
I feel it's a false equivalency to say they're the same thing just because they're stronger than the antagonists of a previous. If you take into their account their power, SSJG tier can threaten the entire universe so that's several orders of magnitude greater than Kid Buu. I thought it was dumb that random aliens could be stronger than Kid Buu so I would see it as even dumber that random aliens or Saiyans could reach SSJGod tier without the ritual or training with an Angel. The story doesn't require them to be that strong since Hit was the only one that Goku used a God form against. This notion that they MUST be stronger than the last threat usually only applies to the main antagonist which is why Pui Pui isn't SSJ2 tier. It's fine if you don't mind and consider them the same but it shouldn't be hard to understand why others wouldn't based on the astronomical power difference.
Exactly, yamcha. You spoke about 95% facts, though the 5% is that mute "ssj god destorying the universe" - yeah, but we never saw feats like that again in dragon ball super. Plus GT was terrible in terms of showing magnitude of feats for its fighters in the way super and Z did, so its unfair. Plus, dragon ball isn't about feats. You'd have a point if we knew the full extent of ssj4 destructive cabaillties, but we don't since GT never shown or bothered to protray. So we can't really hold that against GT since their powers are unkown, while super itself isn't even consitent with power feats. It had one large power feat in the beggining, but nothing ever came close to that again except zeno.
Zamsu merging with universe isn't cabatale because it dosen't show anything other then his spirit "merged" with the universe - whatever that means.
UI OMEN and jiren all they said is that is shook the stage, not infinity.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:42 pm

Skar wrote:I thought it was dumb that random aliens could be stronger than Kid Buu so I would see it as even dumber that random aliens or Saiyans could reach SSJGod tier without the ritual or training with an Angel.
Well Jiren is a random alien that didn't have any ritual nor trained with a Angel and he's Ultra Instinct tier. Hit is a random alien that was Super Saiyan Blue tier. Dyspo is a random alien that was Super Saiyan Blue tier. I won't include Toppo because we don't know if he trained with them as he was a candidate but otherwise he could be as well.

So within the confines of the show then it shouldn't be all that farfetched for someone like Magetta to be Super Saiyan God tier.

The characters just get scaled up over time. It wouldn't surprise me if they start having random aliens from the other Universes show up who will be God of Destruction tier or more.
Marlowe89 wrote:I disagree with Cabba being a god tier fighter because I think recent evidence contradicts it. As do many other users.
I'm not sure what this contradictory evidence is but I would not have thought so.

Both the movie and the anime made it abundantly clear that Super Saiyan Goku was no weaker than Super Saiyan God Goku. Of course he then trained and got a good bit stronger. Super Saiyan Vegeta would be just as strong as him and Super Saiyan Cabba was as strong as him.

It was directly after this that they were still portraying their Base forms as being far above Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks. If that hadn't have happened then maybe.

Beyond Newbie

Post by 1345521 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:52 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:
Bullza wrote: Oh that's not an assumption, there's plenty of people here and on other sites who don't like the idea of characters being at a certain level because they don't find it to be logical that they should be that strong.
Your phrasing seemed to imply this side of the community largely/mostly disagrees with Cabba being a god tier fighter because they don't personally like the idea of him becoming that strong. If that's not what you were arguing, cool, and yes, I'm sure that a few people act as you've described. If that is what you were arguing, it couldn't be further from the truth.

I disagree with Cabba being a god tier fighter because I think recent evidence contradicts it. As do many other users. Whether I think it makes sense is irrelevant. Personally, I'd have no problem with the idea of Toei making him a god tier fighter (even if I didn't like the narrative implications of it) because I always accept what I think the anime is trying to convey, regardless of whether I actually like it.

Just look at Trunks. His Super Saiyan Rage form has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in Super, but I wouldn't dare pretend that it never happened. Because unfortunately, it did.
Considerably stronger than the base Saiyans of the Buu arc, DBS manga included. Still considerably weaker than BoG Super Saiyan God.
LOL,
Sounds a lot like Facts only

Point, well taken. I mean, if it there was consitent evidence showing cabba being god tier, then it'd be STUPID - but people would accept and beleive it. (aka super buu, it's never stated hes stronger then kid buu - but most of the well educated db scholars could logically and nigh indisupstabtly show super buu is stronger then kid buu. Again, unless toriyama states it or someone of authortiy states it or it is said in the material product: it's all headcanon. Even super buu> kid buu IS HEADCANON beleive it or not). But this notion of ssj cabba and cualifa being god tier is just so unfounded, and highly unbeleivable. Though again, I take supers anime power scailing with a legit grain of salt. They'll make cabba fight ssj god goku evenly for a little bit, but then get beat by ssj vegeta the next. And people will make obtuse headcanon saying that it is fine. Modern toei power scales based on which is most "hype", or which character do I want to give fan-service to, they don't care about keeping it consitent because they are trying to cater to a younger audience who could give a darn about the power scailing consitency and lore like Z did. Super is just light hearted cash grab meant to sell and give fans some dragon ball production. It's not really meant to be taken seriously. It dosen't even have blood and its a fighting show. CMON.
The manga should take more precdence, but I think this is where you and I part ways in that I feel toyotaro has severly dropped the ball in the ToP (Though, I really beleive its more of shueisha fault then his cabaillites as an author. I think they are rushing him, cause the pace from chapter 27-34 was good albeit chapter 32 really rushed the recutiment arc. And 37 was also good.). The manga takes itself more seriously then the anime, which is dangerous because GT tried to take itself seriously as well. If you don't take yourself seriously and appeal more to the sentiment and emotion of people, you'll do good. Supers anime did exactly that which is why many put it over GT and super manga which tried to take itself seriously but ended up producing polarizing and controversial work. I like Super manga and espcially gt over Supers anime by a decent amount, but not everyone does.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:02 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:
On this, we can at least agree on the basic principle of it.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:07 pm

Bullza wrote:Well Jiren is a random alien that didn't have any ritual nor trained with a Angel and he's Ultra Instinct tier. Hit is a random alien that was Super Saiyan Blue tier. Dyspo is a random alien that was Super Saiyan Blue tier. I won't include Toppo because we don't know if he trained with them as he was a candidate but otherwise he could be as well.
What I meant is "random aliens that weren't anywhere close to the strongest of their universe". In the U7 team during the Champa saga, only Goku and Vegeta were God tier so the story didn't require all five members of U6 to be that strong. Only the top three strongest Pride Troopers were at least as strong as SSJGod.

Base Vegeta vs SSJ3 Gotenks was anime-only so that goes back to the question if that was a screw-up or some characters like Cabba were intended to be God tier and so millions of times stronger than their manga counterparts. Cabba was presented as a kid with potential but never in a situation that forced to turn SSJ so I can't assume he reached SSJGod tier by just stacking countless Zenkai's in base over the years.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:35 pm

Bullza wrote:
1345521 wrote:is andorid 18 ssj god tier, since she helped base goku against the pride troopers and deafeted ribranne who was shown to be ssj vegeta level?
No because Ribrianne was not Super Saiyan Vegeta level. She was easily defeated by him in Base form.
It should not or cannot be Discounted in Ribrianne's Power Profile that in the Earlier Episodes of 102 and 103 he showings of power.

Vegeta was SSJ-1 form going Even with Ribrianne in just her Base form and Ribrianne was Laughing and Playing around with Vegeta about it. This was way before she had her Engraged state against 17 that made her stronger, her Super Ribrianne Form and finally her Giant Ribrianne form. It was also during these fights in 102 and 103 that both Vegeta and 17 gave praise to Ribrianne for being Stronger then then thought and Vegeta Never left SSJ-1 Form in fighting her in episode 102. Another Important Fact is that is was Vegeta that Left the Fight ending it in 102 and Never finished it with Ribrianne in those early episodes because he got scared of Ribrianne's Looks for silly reasons. :roll:

The Base Fight with Vegeta and Ribrianne happen much later and their are theories about Ribrianne at this point in the story, from she was getting tired to the ones from the Manga that is a better one; that when Ribrianne doubts her beliefs in Love she loses strength. These are good points but honest it could just be messy writing as well, their are accounts of Writers not communicating well with each other from episode to episode.

So with those points said, Is Android 18 on God Tier?! :?: :think:

Honestly it is hard to say, really the best way to go by is Ribrianne at her best in episode 102 to 103, in her Base form she could Tank SSJ-1 pretty Nicely. So Ribrianne in Giant Form in 117 I don't know if she was at fully strength, was tired, Doubted herself or something around those lines, but my guess, just low-balling it here, I say that fight was on an SSJ-3 to Red-God Tier Level Most Likely. So if the Power-Up of Love 18 got in episode 117 stayed constant from now on, I say she is in that range now. :)
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:41 pm

1345521 wrote:But this notion of ssj cabba and cualifa being god tier is just so unfounded, and highly unbeleivable.
If it makes you feel better, neither were God Tier for the time they appeared. As was shown in the manga, Super Saiyan Cabba wasnt nearly as strong as Super Saiyan God Goku. Super Saiyan Caulifla was not as strong as Super Saiyan God Goku either.

They would just be stronger than Super Saiyan God in the Battle of Gods saga. We saw in that saga that Goku kept growing stronger and stronger as the fight went on. I think he powered up in the form about five or six times.

So if anything, Cabba and Caulifla would only be stronger than the in progress Super Saiyan God. Not the more sustained one.
It dosen't even have blood and its a fighting show.

I saw blood in a episode recently, when Goku Black stabs Vegeta through the chest.
Skar wrote:Base Vegeta vs SSJ3 Gotenks was anime-only so that goes back to the question if that was a screw-up or some characters like Cabba were intended to be God tier and so millions of times stronger than their manga counterparts.
I doubt it's a screw up because they had Goku fighting Beerus a couple episodes before it. They also made it seem like Base Future Trunks was stronger than Super Saiyan Kid Trunks a whole bunch of episodes after.

Why can't Cabba be the same strength in the manga and the anime?
CJStriker_CBR wrote:Honestly it is hard to say, really the best way to go by is Ribrianne at her best in episode 102 to 103, in her Base form she could Tank SSJ-1 pretty Nicely. So Ribrianne in Giant Form in 117 I don't know if she was at fully strength, was tired, Doubted herself or something around those lines, but my guess, just low-balling it here, I say that fight was on an SSJ-3 to Red-God Tier Level Most Likely. So if the Power-Up of Love 18 got in episode 117 stayed constant from now on, I say she is in that range now
I can't remember the full details of what happened now and it's something I'll eventually get to when I rewatch that part of the series in time but she did fight with Base Goku and ended up transforming and then got kicked around by Base Vegeta.

I can't even remember what happened with Android 18 now.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:47 pm

Equal to base Goku in the Buu arc. The Super manga heavily implies that they don't power up outside of new forms anymore.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.