Dragon Ball Super: TV Ratings Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super: TV Ratings Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:10 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I don't think 18's in danger of getting usurped by Caulifla or Kale. Different personality, different age group.

17 though...I think he's only favored this arc because the director came out and said he's a big fan of 17. We get another new director things will change.
We can absoluetly tell that the director is a big 17 fanboy.

Because of the directors treatment of characters like Tien and Piccolo, I hope they get replaced.
Super changes directors more often than I initially expected, so it's entirely possible we'll get a new one next arc.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:13 pm

Most likely the next arc will be in EOZ. Trunks and Goten will likely be major characters along with Uub. I suspect the humans and Androids won't do much next arc.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:17 pm

precita wrote:Most likely the next arc will be in EOZ. Trunks and Goten will likely be major characters along with Uub. I suspect the humans and Androids won't do much next arc.
You will be lucky to get Uub but the other 2 will be irrelevant again.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:57 pm

LOL, what? They're not going to ignore Trunks and Goten when they're adults.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:21 pm

Chuquita wrote:I don't think 18's in danger of getting usurped by Caulifla or Kale. Different personality, different age group.

17 though...I think he's only favored this arc because the director came out and said he's a big fan of 17. We get another new director things will change.
lmao you're so salty. 17 didn't recieve any special treatment. the decision of bringing back 17 was Toriyama's and his comeback is being recieved extremely well in the latest episodes. your statement is both idiotic and ignorant.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:27 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:

lmao you're so salty. 17 didn't recieve any special treatment. the decision of bringing back 17 was Toriyama's and his comeback is being recieved extremely well in the latest episodes. your statement is both idiotic and ignorant.
Yes he has and you can easily tell every scene he is in is influenced by a fanboy of his and you just can't see it because you are also a 17 fanboy.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:27 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:

We can absoluetly tell that the director is a big 17 fanboy.

Because of the directors treatment of characters like Tien and Piccolo, I hope they get replaced.
Even Roshi and 18 recieved better treatment than Piccolo and Tien in this arc. so it means "the directors are 18 and Roshi's tards".

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:30 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:

Yes he has and you can easily tell every scene he is in is influenced by a fanboy of his and you just can't see it because you are also a 17 fanboy.
Or maybe it has to do with the fact that 17 is actually enjoyable character for both the staff and the audiance considering the positive feedback he gets even after 2 minutes of action in the tournament so i get why you all would think he's recieving "special treament" eventhough it was expected from the start that he was going to be one of the higlighted characters in the arc and that Piccolo and others were going to be more of a background (although 18 and Roshi surprised me).

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:32 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:

I'm not salty. Sorry it read like that. The mishaps of text vs verbal speech I guess.

I have no horse in the 17 race. It's not my battle to fight and not my hill to die on (this and more stock phrases of its ilk). I am neutral towards him. I don't care one way or the other.

Sorry you misunderstood me. I was trying to cheer up the person I was replying to. Clearly there's no real way to cheer one person up without others who aren't upset at the status quo at all thinking it's directed at them even though I quoted the person I was replying to. And that's part of why I don't post here much anymore. Second time today I've had misunderstandings. I already just got done pm replying to someone telling me they think one of my favorite Precure series is bad and then I have to spend time replying about why I think it's not. I don't need that. Life's just too short for me to waste time debating people on the internet!
Last edited by Chuquita on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:39 pm

*Sees Chuquita like Precure*

Heart grows three sizes
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:42 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:*Sees Chuquita like Precure*

Heart grows three sizes
:D

I'm excited about Hugtto and hoping the hint at possible form changes means physical battles are returning.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:43 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote: lmao you're so salty. 17 didn't recieve any special treatment. the decision of bringing back 17 was Toriyama's and his comeback is being recieved extremely well in the latest episodes. your statement is both idiotic and ignorant.
Or maybe it has to do with the fact that 17 is actually enjoyable character for both the staff and the audiance considering the positive feedback he gets even after 2 minutes of action in the tournament so i get why you all would think he's recieving "special treament" eventhough it was expected from the start that he was going to be one of the higlighted characters in the arc and that Piccolo and others were going to be more of a background (although 18 and Roshi surprised me).
His stuff is planned before any feedback can be given. Those 3 shouldn't be getting better stuff then Piccolo.

They have to give 17 'special treatment' as he is most disliked character on team Universe 7 and I can't wait until he gets his arse kicked as too many of you think he is some kind of 'perfect' character right now.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:45 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Lapislettuce wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
His stuff is planned before any feedback can be given. Those 3 shouldn't be getting better stuff then Piccolo.

They have to give 17 'special treatment' as he is most disliked character on team Universe 7 and I can't wait until he gets his arse kicked as too many of you think he is some kind of 'perfect' character right now.
You're the biggest fool in this site anyway. all you do is cry about Piccolo 24/7 because he's not as relevant as you want him to be. you think your opinions are fact. you're repulsive and extremely annoying. good luck with your bitching.
Last edited by Lapislettuce on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:47 pm

Chuquita wrote:

Heart grows three sizes

I'm excited about Hugtto and hoping the hint at possible form changes means physical battles are returning.
NO! NO MORE FORM CHANGING! They are useless and get in the way. Just one form for each Cure and some power ups along the way. That's the way things should be.

Also Chuquita is awesome and far from repulsive.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:53 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:

Heart grows three sizes

NO! NO MORE FORM CHANGING! They are useless and get in the way. Just one form for each Cure and some power ups along the way. That's the way things should be.

Thank you so much!

I'm also not a fan of form changes so same boat here; the form changes felt so useless in HapCha.

My theory is maybe they're bringing back cg form changes to enable the 2D animators to have more time to draw hand to hand combat.

Because I can't imagine the KiraPre style of battle in Hugtto with how these outfits are. I can't imagine cheerleader outfit pink not using kick attacks.

Trying to bring it back to db...I'm curious about how next week's rating will do since it's a Gohan and Piccolo ep.
Last edited by Chuquita on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:59 pm

AHA! You are one of my people!

Go!Pri was awesome for that. They really knew how to use their time and effort! I DONT want to say budget because Japanese animation doesnt really work that way.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:24 pm

Chuquita wrote:
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:

Thank you so much!

I'm also not a fan of form changes so same boat here; the form changes felt so useless in HapCha.

My theory is maybe they're bringing back cg form changes to enable the 2D animators to have more time to draw hand to hand combat.

Because I can't imagine the KiraPre style of battle in Hugtto with how these outfits are. I can't imagine cheerleader outfit pink not using kick attacks.

Trying to bring it back to db...I'm curious about how next week's rating will do since it's a Gohan and Piccolo ep.
I would not be sure about that,most likely Freeza and Goku are gonna take up half of the episode as well,since you know they would be erasing U2 for sure unlike U6 which is a coin toss.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:25 pm

Um...why did you quote that. None of that was about Dragon Ball...LOL

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:29 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Um...why did you quote that. None of that was about Dragon Ball...LOL
The user above did replied on the comment on Chuquita curiosity on the ratings.Off topic, your avatar is not displaying.
Whatever wrote: I would not be sure about that,most likely Freeza and Goku are gonna take up half of the episode as well,since you know they would be erasing U2 for sure unlike U6 which is a coin toss.
Is possible for both universe to be erased,what's the point of keeping the namekians so long in the ring.
Mostly active on discord.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:12 pm

Chuquita wrote:The ranking itself is still good--7th out of 10--so I wouldn't worry.

If it was 9th or 10th then I could see it.
Yea it was a high ranking so I would not take it as a way of saying it was not as high cause of 17 or 18 or Brianne or Rozie that the episode did not having as high of ratings as the previous. We also have to know the last episode got built up like anything cause they lead-up to that final confrontation between Goku vs. Kefla, so that was going to draw higher anyways.

So their is logical reasoning for everything, likely a cool-down effect of the hype of last weeks.

The show still got a High Draw so is shows 17, 18, Brianne and Rozie still brought in the draw in their own way! :thumbup:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker