Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 93

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:43 pm

JazzMazz wrote: Apparently Koudai Watanabe is going to be there for the final episode. As for some staff joining Super from Tiger Mask W, I think thats more a hope than something that is actually going to happen. Though I do think we will probably get one or two animators, I feel like a lot of animators will be going towards the new One Piece special.
Oh snap! I completely forgot about Episode of East Blue.
You're right, that will no doubt get a lot of awesome staff. Hopefully we can grab some people too.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:26 pm

BakaManiaHD wrote:Do you guys think that the energy clashes would look better if toei used more lens flare effect like this? (I'm not a JJ Abrams fan)

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I know this is a little bit overdone, but, I did that in 20 minutes
After watching the actual episode, this looks awesome... The original version is bland compared to this.

Crazy how much of a difference a simple flare effect can do.

Nasryyy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nasryyy » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:50 pm

I'm sorry this isn't dragon ball related, but is this shida??

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:52 pm

To be honest, i wasn't too excited about the NEP. I don't know how they will handle this tournament, but i wish for the best. There's at the very least 5 more episodes of tournament to go and all these episodes are heavy action episodes. I hope everything comes out ok, but with the current schedule problems, this could be really problematic.

neolux
Beyond Newbie

Post by neolux » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:18 pm

Hit!! wrote:
BakaManiaHD wrote:Do you guys think that the energy clashes would look better if toei used more lens flare effect like this? (I'm not a JJ Abrams fan)

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I know this is a little bit overdone, but, I did that in 20 minutes
After watching the actual episode, this looks awesome... The original version is bland compared to this.

Crazy how much of a difference a simple flare effect can do.
I don't know... to me is a little too flashy? But I understand what you were trying to do.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:46 pm

One piece special will air this August. The staff is probably already working on it, so I don't think it will grab a lot of Tiger Mask staff, but we shall see :)

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:20 am

When is Super ever gonna have a special??

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:25 am

Hit!! wrote:When is Super ever gonna have a special??
Super doesn't really need TV Specials, the in-between arc episodes already serve the purpose of side-stories. It's not like you could have specials like we did in Z, where it adds to the plot, the stories don't have enough substance to gain any momentum from that.
Retired.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:25 am

Probably not until production is completely stable.

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:40 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Probably not until production is completely stable.
Yeah, that's totally an issue.. But i think that the production is close to solving that problem..

Of course, that is unless the ToP doesn't ruin it again.. Given that we are in for 5+ episodes of pure action.

lunaticthegame

Post by lunaticthegame » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:20 am

I'm probably VERY late to this but I was checking the NEP for 97 and I'm pretty sure it's Kitano. Some of the effects are similar and it does look very similar to some of his non rushed episodes.

Though I'm probably just assuming things.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:25 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Super doesn't really need TV Specials, the in-between arc episodes already serve the purpose of side-stories. It's not like you could have specials like we did in Z, where it adds to the plot, the stories don't have enough substance to gain any momentum from that.
We can get a special based on Jaco and Minus. So you can get specials that add to Dragon Ball's lore.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:33 pm

HeroR wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
We can get a special based on Jaco and Minus. So you can get specials that add to Dragon Ball's lore.
Jaco is too long to be adapted in just one special. It would be much better if we got the manga adapted through a DB Super "filler" arc. It wouldn't be animation heavy, and they would already have the manga storyboards and script there. In fact, it would probably help Super's production a lot, while keeping things very interesting, if they adapted Jaco's manga in Super.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:41 pm

emperior wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Super doesn't really need TV Specials, the in-between arc episodes already serve the purpose of side-stories. It's not like you could have specials like we did in Z, where it adds to the plot, the stories don't have enough substance to gain any momentum from that.
Jaco is too long to be adapted in just one special. It would be much better if we got the manga adapted through a DB Super "filler" arc. It wouldn't be animation heavy, and they would already have the manga storyboards and script there. In fact, it would probably help Super's production a lot, while keeping things very interesting, if they adapted Jaco's manga in Super.
Jako can easily fit into a single 105 minute special, especially if it is properly directed. Not every panel needs to be crammed into an adaption.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:35 pm

JulieYBM wrote:
emperior wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Jako can easily fit into a single 105 minute special, especially if it is properly directed. Not every panel needs to be crammed into an adaption.
Pretty much. Toei managed to turn two One Piece arcs into movies. Movie 8 had issues, but Movie 9 was better received. They also crammed Arlong Saga into one tv special, Episode of Nami.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:55 pm

HeroR wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:
emperior wrote:
Pretty much. Toei managed to turn two One Piece arcs into movies. Movie 8 had issues, but Movie 9 was better received. They also crammed Arlong Saga into one tv special, Episode of Nami.
You guys are right, though I would prefer it to be shown as a mini-arc in between 2 main Super story arcs, as that could also help Super's production. While a TV Special might actually hurt Super if some of its staff work on it.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:15 pm

HeroR wrote: We can get a special based on Jaco and Minus. So you can get specials that add to Dragon Ball's lore.
I doubt many people care about Jaco. The low numbers say something. He's not popular. There are more chances of we getting Yamcha spinoff animated than that.

I would rather new stories or they go One Piece route and gives us TV Specials as movie versions of DBS arcs. That was the best thing that could ever happened to One Piece anime.
FT Trunks arc was successful and deserves that, at least.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:24 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
HeroR wrote: We can get a special based on Jaco and Minus. So you can get specials that add to Dragon Ball's lore.
I doubt many people care about Jaco. The low numbers say something. He's not popular. There are more chances of we getting Yamcha spinoff animated than that.

I would rather new stories or they go One Piece route and gives us TV Specials as movie versions of DBS arcs. That was the best thing that could ever happened to One Piece anime.
FT Trunks arc was successful and deserves that, at least.
Damn, I didn't know Toei produced TV specials of One Piece story arcs. Now I DEFINITELY want a Future Trunks arc TV Special. But I first want a U6 arc one. Though I don't really know how FT arc would fit in 105 minutes...
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:30 pm

emperior wrote: Damn, I didn't know Toei produced TV specials of One Piece story arcs. Now I DEFINITELY want a Future Trunks arc TV Special. But I first want a U6 arc one. Though I don't really know how FT arc would fit in 105 minutes...
Just like One Piece TV Specials they didn't have to show everything and they could still make it entertaining.
Take the ROF Special version of the battle against Freeza on Namek as example. It's possible.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:47 pm

The Future Trunks arc would need some retooling to work as a special, but I'd be down for it. I'd hope they'd wait until Super's production is totally stable and the staff size is bigger if they do.
If they ever go this route I hope they do the Champa arc first.