Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 93

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:31 am

Here's the bulk of Naoki Tate's action in this episode.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Very conservative but very polished, hope his episode knocks it out of the park. Really liked how the fire bobbed when Gohan blocked it, really shows Tate's understanding of flow and movement.

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:44 pm

JazzMazz wrote:However, I found myself often getting bored, and I think that has to do with there being no momentum between each battle. The tournament hasn't picked up on making the situation feel serious, and when it does, the tone is quickly obliterated with stupid jokes. I just think that they should adopt a more serious tone throughout the rest of the tournament(make the characters also adopt that serious tone and stop messing around), and visuals that at least match up with what we got for exhibition tournament and the recruitment arc.(Also keep the script competent, that would also be nice)
Yes!!! That's what I am saying!!! Totally agree.
We finally have enough consistency in the designs without weird faces etc.
He have an extremely interesting premise.
We (in general) have decent animation (but as stated, nothing that we should be proud of).

What we need is to improve the scripts!!
Have the characters been constantly serious!!
Have people like Beerus stating how serious Goku is looking!!!
Have fear!
Have anxiety!
Have stress!

This tournament (Excluding the Krillin moment) looks like a silly tournament.
Eh.....guys....you do know that you will die if you don't win right?
Why isn't everyone ganging up against Goku?
Have some drama "you triggered that tournament, you monster"!!!!
Have Goku apologizing or even not talking at all and slowly beating them only to have a moment in the end where he resurrects everyone!!!

Seriously, you don't need blood in order to have the viewer been scared. Why even waste Krillin like that? Have Frost hunting him. Have Krillin facing his "Freeza-fear"!
The scripts are as basic as it goes. No drama, no excitement, just plain old boring standard situations
JazzMazz wrote:Here's the bulk of Naoki Tate's action in this episode.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
Very conservative but very polished, hope his episode knocks it out of the park. Really liked how the fire bobbed when Gohan blocked it, really shows Tate's understanding of flow and movement.
I don't even get why Tate appeared there. I know that they have him draw some action scenes and then have the 2nd key cleaning stuff but that bird didn't need that flashy animation. Krillin could use it

Gashif Aldi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gashif Aldi » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:51 pm

Mazingerdestro wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:However, I found myself often getting bored, and I think that has to do with there being no momentum between each battle. The tournament hasn't picked up on making the situation feel serious, and when it does, the tone is quickly obliterated with stupid jokes. I just think that they should adopt a more serious tone throughout the rest of the tournament(make the characters also adopt that serious tone and stop messing around), and visuals that at least match up with what we got for exhibition tournament and the recruitment arc.(Also keep the script competent, that would also be nice)
We (in general) have decent animation (but as stated, nothing that we should be proud of).

Have fear!
Have anxiety!
Have stress!

Have Goku apologizing or even not talking at all and slowly beating them only to have a moment in the end where he resurrects everyone!!!

Seriously, you don't need blood in order to have the viewer been scared. Why even waste Krillin like that? Have Frost hunting him. Have Krillin facing his "Freeza-fear"!
The scripts are as basic as it goes. No drama, no excitement, just plain old boring standard situations
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
I don't even get why Tate appeared there. I know that they have him draw some action scenes and then have the 2nd key cleaning stuff but that bird didn't need that flashy animation. Krillin could use it
I feel like things are going to get serious when most of the fighters are out. If you see the dope Goku Poster for the visual of the arc, it's most likely going to be full of tension.

With the 9th Ending, we got to see Goku beaten up and thinking about his family with a clock machinery as the background, which is the thing where Goku suddenly have that "Heroic and Serious" personality just like in Freeza saga.

I think they're playing with us. Like the Tournament is gonna be like 10 episodes. While Goku Vs Jiren (or the Climax) are going to be like 5 episode (with full of Shida and talents ofc).
Like Toriyama getting all of the unnecessary characters out without making a complicated plot so the story can progress to the actual (or serious) part of the story.
(Or maybe they're still buying some time for animators from Tiger Mask)
I'm bad at English and still learning. If there's anything wrong, please correct me. :D

Profile Picture is from:

Burast

Post by Burast » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Mazingerdestro wrote:

Have fear!
Have anxiety!
Have stress!

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
We know that 7th universe will win no matter what... It was a pretty dumb idea to make this tournament just before the end of Z.
Something that I liked about the Goku Black arc (underrated) was the tension that was lived in the future, if Goku, Vegeta and Trunks died, they couldn't be revived by the dragon balls, neither Bills nor Wiss could help them in that future, and had rivals that were a real deal. (Even Goku took it very seriously for a few moments)

Well, it is not necessary for me to tell you the unexpected end of that saga. Here is pretty obvious that Goku will be the man of the tournament and use the Super Dragon Balls... But who knows, Super always surprises us...

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:05 pm

precita wrote:I can't believe the early episodes were made in the modern year of 2015. 1980's animation looks better than them.
Urusei Yatsura looks beautiful.
Gashif Aldi wrote:
Mazingerdestro wrote:

Have fear!
Have anxiety!
Have stress!

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
I feel like things are going to get serious when most of the fighters are out. If you see the dope Goku Poster for the visual of the arc, it's most likely going to be full of tension.

With the 9th Ending, we got to see Goku beaten up and thinking about his family with a clock machinery as the background, which is the thing where Goku suddenly have that "Heroic and Serious" personality just like in Freeza saga.

I think they're playing with us. Like the Tournament is gonna be like 10 episodes. While Goku Vs Jiren (or the Climax) are going to be like 5 episode (with full of Shida and talents ofc).
Like Toriyama getting all of the unnecessary characters out without making a complicated plot so the story can progress to the actual (or serious) part of the story.
(Or maybe they're still buying some time for animators from Tiger Mask)
Regardless if it's the climax or not, I fully expect Goku VS Jiren to be 3+ episodes. I do expect some good art and animation involved in that fight. Yeah, the promotional poster does seem to imply things will turn up eventually when more people start dropping.

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:36 am

Guys..... While i agree with most of what's being said in here about the plot being basic and not serious enough, ¿is it really necessary to talk about this in this thread??

neolux
Beyond Newbie

Post by neolux » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:43 am

Hit!! wrote:Guys..... While i agree with most of what's being said in here about the plot being basic and not serious enough, ¿is it really necessary to talk about this in this thread??
I think it is not necessary and people should know the place where to write those types of comments which clearly don't belong in this thread. It's been said many times and they don't understand. It gets tiring sometimes.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:08 pm

In other news, the Freeza transformation in episode 95 was taken down from the Booru by moderators. I presume it was taken down because it wasn't technically good enough. Upon reflection, the animation wasn't as crazy as say the Brianne transformation by Tate.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:38 am

JazzMazz wrote:In other news, the Freeza transformation in episode 95 was taken down from the Booru by moderators. I presume it was taken down because it wasn't technically good enough. Upon reflection, the animation wasn't as crazy as say the Brianne transformation by Tate.
This is disappointing to me, the cut at the end with Freeza sliding across the screen is really well animated.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:12 am

JazzMazz wrote:In other news, the Freeza transformation in episode 95 was taken down from the Booru by moderators. I presume it was taken down because it wasn't technically good enough. Upon reflection, the animation wasn't as crazy as say the Brianne transformation by Tate.
Damn, they took that down as well? I'm still scratching my head as to why they took down all that great animation from episode 38. So much cool Tate stuff in that episode.

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:32 am

The frieza tranformation was visually beautiful, but it didn't have much animation... Unlike the ribrianne transformation where there was a lot of movement and backround visuals.

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:33 am

neolux wrote:
Hit!! wrote:Guys..... While i agree with most of what's being said in here about the plot being basic and not serious enough, ¿is it really necessary to talk about this in this thread??
I think it is not necessary and people should know the place where to write those types of comments which clearly don't belong in this thread. It's been said many times and they don't understand. It gets tiring sometimes.
Exactly..

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 84

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:32 pm

Sodhi wrote:New Toei building is set to open in August. It has the potentially to help all Toei series schedule. More details here
https://curiouscat.me/osama___a/post/13 ... 1491963036
Digging this up because August is coming.
Anyone knows any news about this? I didn't heard anything about it besides here.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:38 pm

Well i hope it is true and that the schedule for Super improves even more.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:50 am

With what we know of 101 I'm really glad Manabe is in charge of it, hopefully he shows us some cool action again.

JazzMazz
I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:54 am

ArchedThunder wrote:With what we know of 101 I'm really glad Manabe is in charge of it, hopefully he shows us some cool action again.
That should be good, also what did the newtype listing say for the episodes past 101, or haven't they been released yet?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:17 am

JazzMazz wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:With what we know of 101 I'm really glad Manabe is in charge of it, hopefully he shows us some cool action again.
That should be good, also what did the newtype listing say for the episodes past 101, or haven't they been released yet?
Script: Atsuhiro Tomioka
Director: Masato Mitsuka
Animation Supervisor: Kōji Nashizawa

solidsnake222

Post by solidsnake222 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:46 pm

hi guys

do we have image from ep 101 :?:

Nasryyy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nasryyy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:53 pm

solidsnake222 wrote:hi guys

do we have image from ep 101 :?:
should come out later tonight

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:49 pm

The whole "Super Saiyan transformation zoom out thing" Is getting old and lazy. When are we going to get an epic Super Saiyan transformation again?