Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 90

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri May 26, 2017 8:25 pm

Fun design, if also a little bland. I personally prefer Caulifa's more wild and distinctive approach, but this is also quite nice.

Nasryyy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nasryyy » Fri May 26, 2017 8:36 pm

Ajay wrote:
Nasryyy wrote:by yamamuro's standards and his past drawings is this an improvement ? good or bad ?
I have pretty much no issues with it other than the slightly bulging head in the full body shot.

It's a nice, simple, animation-friendly design, with close-ups that have characterising expression.

Can't ask for a whole lot more, really.
i really like though i agree with you on the full body shot her head looks weird but at the same time ok
what do you say about ishikawa's new art direction and the change he did ? some of his art now is not appealing as it was, he did some great art in this past and i saw art like he does now on episode 17, i'm wondering if his work is rough or is this how he was drawing all the time and we mistook him for others ?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri May 26, 2017 8:39 pm

Hang on, does that say that Kale is Caulifla's sister or is Translate being....Translate as usual? :lol:

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Fri May 26, 2017 8:41 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Hang on, does that say that Kale is Caulifla's sister or is Translate being....Translate as usual? :lol:
It says that Kale is Caulifla's protegee.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri May 26, 2017 8:43 pm

Ajay wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Hang on, does that say that Kale is Caulifla's sister or is Translate being....Translate as usual? :lol:
It says that Kale is Caulifla's protegee.
Thanks! :thumbup: I thought that seemed weird.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Fri May 26, 2017 9:16 pm

Ajay wrote:Couple of screenshots from Moca News' blog post went up.

Most interesting thing is Yamamuro's character sheet for Kale:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Ugh.

Why is she looking so much different than when she was first revealed? I really hate how she looks now in comparison to the first time they revealed her. She went from scared Asian to dopey drugged out latina girl.

Should have just stuck with this.
Last edited by Asura on Fri May 26, 2017 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri May 26, 2017 9:18 pm

Asura wrote:Ugh.

Why is she looking so much different than when she was first revealed? I really hate how she looks now in comparison to the first time they revealed her. She went from scared Asian to dopey drugged out black girl.

The only things different are the lighting, angle, and facial expression
Retired.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Fri May 26, 2017 9:20 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote: The only things different are the lighting, angle, and facial expression
Her skin color is completely different, as well as her eyes. The Kale we have now looks dopey and drugged out. Also I changed my mind, she's not really black now, more like a Latina. Still a vast contrast to how she looked when first revealed.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri May 26, 2017 9:22 pm

Kale-chan, please curse me out even more for not replying to "How did you like my cooking?" in the less-than-nondescript manner you were expecting me to describe how much I loved it.
Asura wrote:
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: The only things different are the lighting, angle, and facial expression
Her skin color is completely different, as well as her eyes. The Kale we have now looks dopey and drugged out. Also I changed my mind, she's not really black now, more like a Latina. Still a vast contrast to how she looked when first revealed.
She's probably closer to a gyaru (or even just a generic dark skin anime character, like Archer). If she was supposed to be Latin American then there would be more flagrant traits pointing in that direction.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Fri May 26, 2017 9:28 pm

Asura wrote:
Ugh.

Why is she looking so much different than when she was first revealed? I really hate how she looks now in comparison to the first time they revealed her. She went from scared Asian to dopey drugged out latina girl.

She had the same eyes as Gotens girlfriend from GT, so glad they changed them.

The only questionable thing is her skin tbh, the tan doesnt look good on her.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri May 26, 2017 9:49 pm

I don't think there is anything wrong with her skin.

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Fri May 26, 2017 9:55 pm

A good design doesn't have to be the most attractive one.
:clap:

KameNinja45
Beyond Newbie

Post by KameNinja45 » Fri May 26, 2017 11:37 pm

Doesn't this mean that her LSSJ form will also be tanned? Do you think they'll recolour her in the intro?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat May 27, 2017 12:33 am

KameNinja45 wrote:Doesn't this mean that her LSSJ form will also be tanned? Do you think they'll recolour her in the intro?
Skin color generally lightens in Super Saiyan. The most extreme case being Goku in GT.

Avok
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Avok » Sat May 27, 2017 12:45 am

Heads are somewhat squashed as of late.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat May 27, 2017 2:47 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
KameNinja45 wrote:Doesn't this mean that her LSSJ form will also be tanned? Do you think they'll recolour her in the intro?
Skin color generally lightens in Super Saiyan. The most extreme case being Goku in GT.
I always wondered about that. Was GT Goku's skin so tan to match Toriyama's skin tone? I know that when Toriyama colors in Goku he skin tends to be darker than the color tones used in the anime. Like his concept drawing of Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku for Resurrection 'F'.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat May 27, 2017 3:51 am

It's a real shame the tournament will be animated horribly. With all the hype building up to this, if the tournament falls flat there goes the last bit of goodwill Super has left. The whole 80 characters fighting at the same time sounded like a disaster from the start, I don't know why they did it like that.

At most there should have been something like 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 battles...all seperate from each other.

ShinyPhanpy

Post by ShinyPhanpy » Sat May 27, 2017 3:56 am

precita wrote:It's a real shame the tournament will be animated horribly. With all the hype building up to this, if the tournament falls flat there goes the last bit of goodwill Super has left. The whole 80 characters fighting at the same time sounded like a disaster from the start, I don't know why they did it like that.

At most there should have been something like 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 battles...all seperate from each other.
No need to be so pessimistic, we don't know the tournament will look horrible. We just know that it is gonna be tough behind the scenes, which can also be said about episode 90, which most people loved.

Gashif Aldi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gashif Aldi » Sat May 27, 2017 4:09 am

precita wrote:It's a real shame the tournament will be animated horribly. With all the hype building up to this, if the tournament falls flat there goes the last bit of goodwill Super has left. The whole 80 characters fighting at the same time sounded like a disaster from the start, I don't know why they did it like that.

How can you be so sure if the tournament will look horrible?
The Mastermind of this thread is only slighlty worried about this (sarcasm).
I'm bad at English and still learning. If there's anything wrong, please correct me. :D

Profile Picture is from:

Gashif Aldi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gashif Aldi » Sat May 27, 2017 5:09 am

How can you be so sure if the tournament will look horrible?
Even, the Mastermind of this thread is only slighlty worried about this (sarcasm).
I'm bad at English and still learning. If there's anything wrong, please correct me. :D

Profile Picture is from: