Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nasryyy
Beyond Newbie

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 90

Post by Nasryyy » Tue May 23, 2017 1:48 pm

Mazingerdestro wrote:
Nasryyy wrote:
Mazingerdestro wrote:
None of the violence in super could be characterized serious. The sound effects are softer to the ear, the characters don't suffer, the music rarely sounds menacing, and excluding one or two lines regarding death, the characters don't mention it. I can't see a child getting scared from Toppo or Zeno.
Consider how violent were cartoon and series when I was a kid, super is nothing.
Heck I watched like a month ago the final match in tiger mask (the first one). Even as an adult I felt disturbed. The main character beats the shit out of his opponent and the whole ring is full of blood. Even the in universe characters are shocked by the main character's brutality. Try watching it on YouTube is fucked up
i hope you never mentioned tiger mask final match i got curious and went to see it and now i feel so disturbed i can't even eat, i do want super to have blood but not that kind of violence and brutality
Isn't this....thing.....hard to watch? Who the fuck storyboarded that and who are the madmen, who animated it. I seriously felt bad for the bad guy. I was like "leave him alone" and then Tiger Mask picked up a broken table and start hitting him on the back xD
when he shoved that table in his back i almost throw up and when the bad guy almost cut his hand in half ahhhhhhhhhhhh i don't even want to remember it the animators and storyboarders were mad

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Tue May 23, 2017 1:53 pm

Nasryyy wrote:
Mazingerdestro wrote:
Nasryyy wrote: i hope you never mentioned tiger mask final match i got curious and went to see it and now i feel so disturbed i can't even eat, i do want super to have blood but not that kind of violence and brutality
Isn't this....thing.....hard to watch? Who the fuck storyboarded that and who are the madmen, who animated it. I seriously felt bad for the bad guy. I was like "leave him alone" and then Tiger Mask picked up a broken table and start hitting him on the back xD
when he shoved that table in his back i almost throw up and when the bad guy almost cut his hand in half ahhhhhhhhhhhh i don't even want to remember it the animators and storyboarders were mad
I would say "don't try this at home" but clearly nobody would ever
SaiyanGod117 wrote:I tried to watch Tiger Mask too, but couldn't the wrestling moves are brutal.
Crazy stuff

Nasryyy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nasryyy » Tue May 23, 2017 1:58 pm

Mazingerdestro wrote:
Nasryyy wrote:
Mazingerdestro wrote:
I would say "don't try this at home" but clearly nobody would ever

you never know 8) 8) i have a brother and he likes wrestling i might teach him some moves 8) 8)

Burast

Post by Burast » Tue May 23, 2017 3:33 pm

It's very annoying to see people in the hispanic community who know nothing about animation criticizing it so hard and saying that animation in DBS still bad because of his "low budget'', even i read people saying that the animation was better before, and that the current animation is bad. I have no words... :?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue May 23, 2017 3:51 pm

Burast wrote:It's very annoying to see people in the hispanic community who know nothing about animation criticizing it so hard and saying that animation in DBS still bad because of his "low budget'', even i read people saying that the animation was better before, and that the current animation is bad. I have no words... :?
It's not just them, most communities give uninformed complaints of the exact same nature. Most people are content breezing through not knowing what they're talking about.
Retired.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue May 23, 2017 4:28 pm

Anyone who thinks the show looks worse now than it did a year ago is nuts.

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Tue May 23, 2017 4:34 pm

Burast wrote:It's very annoying to see people in the hispanic community who know nothing about animation criticizing it so hard and saying that animation in DBS still bad because of his "low budget'', even i read people saying that the animation was better before, and that the current animation is bad. I have no words... :?
I think is a general complain coming from ignorant people. It's not just from hispanic community, let's clear that out.

PS: can anyone get me a link for that brutal Tiger Mask fight that you're talking about? You're selling it pretty good, folks.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Tue May 23, 2017 4:51 pm

PMD wrote:
I think is a general complain coming from ignorant people. It's not just from hispanic community, let's clear that out.

PS: can anyone get me a link for that brutal Tiger Mask fight that you're talking about? You're selling it pretty good, folks.
Thats a problem that anime communities have in general. Most people who make them up are generally unwilling to go deep into the information side and just stick to the aspect of the community they enjoy. Now this isn't necessarily a bad thing, it can just be an annoyance to those that actually are informed.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue May 23, 2017 5:09 pm

Ultimately complaints about animation are generally fewer these days, so the people who think we're getting the ugliest episodes now are the minority.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue May 23, 2017 5:14 pm

This popped up yesterday. It's not directly connected to Dragon Ball, but still another example of how things are fucked up in the industry:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... ry/.116413
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue May 23, 2017 5:28 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:This popped up yesterday. It's not directly connected to Dragon Ball, but still another example of how things are fucked up in the industry:
It's very depressing.

Toei are actually quite good about this, though. Takeo Ide is/was the head of the labour union at the company. The union introduced a basic salary system with bonuses available. They also have overtime allowances for animators. It's a stark contrast to the yen per drawing standard in other places.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue May 23, 2017 5:41 pm

In the hispanic forum I visit the complains are mostly PL stuff, they are fine with the current animation.

There are still a few bad shots but its nowhere near as bad as the ugliest episodes from the Black Arc(First part of Episode 67) or FnF.

The hispanic YT reviewers were happy with Goku vs Gohan for example, claiming it was the best fight in DBS.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Tue May 23, 2017 6:13 pm

Ajay wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:This popped up yesterday. It's not directly connected to Dragon Ball, but still another example of how things are fucked up in the industry:
It's very depressing.

Toei are actually quite good about this, though. Takeo Ide is/was the head of the labour union at the company. The union introduced a basic salary system with bonuses available. They also have overtime allowances for animators. It's a stark contrast to the yen per drawing standard in other places.
Toei animators have an average pay of a least $60,000, that's what I heard, somewhere around that ballpark. The average could be a little lower, but they work up to around that pay in little to no time.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue May 23, 2017 6:37 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote: Toei animators have an average pay of a least $60,000, that's what I heard, somewhere around that ballpark. The average could be a little lower, but they work up to around that pay in little to no time.
A month? That's not much of a livable wage.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Tue May 23, 2017 6:46 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote: Toei animators have an average pay of a least $60,000, that's what I heard, somewhere around that ballpark. The average could be a little lower, but they work up to around that pay in little to no time.
Huh? $60K a year would be great. If you're earning $60K a month, jeez, I want that job!
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Tue May 23, 2017 6:47 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Year, you wouldn't be living life on the high-end, but you can definitely support yourself with that type of income. People in the U.S. get payed that much a year and support themselves just fine. This just for Toei though, people who work for other animation studios in Japan get payed much lower.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue May 23, 2017 6:47 pm

Ajay wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
Huh? $60K a year would be great. If you're earning $60K a month, jeez, I want that job!
I read it as Yen. Whoops.
Maybe I shouldn't post while playing overwatch... >_<
60,000 DOLLARS seems a little high, is that accurate?

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:05 pm

ArchedThunder wrote: 60,000 DOLLARS seems a little high, is that accurate?
I came across this information when I was surfing the web about anime studio finical data. It came from seemingly a reputable poster on Myanimelist who seemed well versed in such things, and regularly talks about things that have to do with the finical side of the anime industry, so I chose take it as fact.
Edit: Hold up just found a source http://nensyu-labo.com/kigyou_toei_anime.htm Your going to have to get that page translated though.
Last edited by SaiyanGod117 on Tue May 23, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue May 23, 2017 7:06 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote: I came across this information when I surfing the web about anime studio finical data. It came from seemingly a reputable poster on Myanimelist who seemed well versed in such things, and regularly talks about things that have to do with the finical side of the anime industry, so I chose take it as fact.
I assume that's 60k a year then.

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Tue May 23, 2017 9:08 pm

The hispanic community is the community that is prasing Super the most, just read the comments in YouTube and Facebook and you will see. I see more critics coming from the english community but whatever.
But hey, there are a lot of critics coming from both communities anyway but a lot less than before. Still, I read tons of comments saying that Tate's Goku vs 17 or Gohan vs Goku was bullshit....