Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:30 am

So episode 43 was good but Loy's voice wasn't strong enough maybe he was sick don't know however his Piccolo is really good (why did they choose to put a voice filter in Z?). But the rest of the cast was really great, Kaioh's voice was a lot better and now shows some actual emotion (just like in the japanese) Feist nailed it and the same goes for Joana Castro as both Chi-Chi and Pan. Cristina did Arale's voice but it showed why she isn't Chiaotzu she sounded like an old lady but I they'll fix this until episode 69. But I have to say our dub does make this episodes more bearable, not that it's better than the japanese dub.
Oh and another thing
SON GO KU
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:49 pm

Ratings

Episode 33
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 34
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 35
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 36
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 37
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 38
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 39
18-2-2017 Don't know what happened but I can't find this one. :eh:

Episode 40
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 41
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 42
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Important things to note:

- Since episode 27 (check page 21), Lua Vermelha the show that airs after DBS, never beat us anymore. Both tied a few times but DBS is usually winning, which means a lot of people are watching DBS then they change the channel or just go to do something else.

- Unlike with the other time slots, we never hit the 200k mark with this one. The closest we've been to it was with episode 36 aired in 05/02/2017 and got 190k.

Starting this weekend Super is back to his 10:15 time slot. The best one we had so far.
Future Trunks arc will benefit from this. A lot of hardcore fans have been anxious for that arc and now we can reach more people again, thanks to the later time slot.
We should easily reach the 200k mark, however the 300k will still be hard.

Time slots we had so far: 9:30 AM - 9:45 AM - 10:15 AM - 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM

SIC should just make Lua vermelha become Super's lead in. They would kill two birds with one stone:
- Lua Vermelha would boost in ratings thanks to DBS audience waiting for the new episode.
- DBS would reach more people thanks to the later time slot. The later, the better.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:00 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Ratings
Can you find the ratings from SIC K? From what I've seen on Facebook it has been really well received.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:25 pm

Gafonso6 wrote: Can you find the ratings from SIC K? From what I've seen on Facebook it has been really well received.
It's one of the most (if not the most) loved shows on SIC K. You usually see kids asking for more on facebook.
SIC K is even giving t-shirts if people answer simple questions about the show.

I know Naruto is a huge success between the new generation and Yugioh does great too. Those three are the biggest guns of SIC K but I can only tell you that much.
I already tried looking for numbers, but this is everything I can find when it comes to cable channels:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
http://binaries.cdn.impresa.pt/dealer/2 ... 895999.pdf

In other words, just info about how some cables channels do overall and nothing about shows in particular.
No idea how Fairy Tail is doing on Sic Radical either, but seems like nobody cares about it. :lol:

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:23 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: It's one of the most (if not the most) loved shows on SIC K. You usually see kids asking for more on facebook.
SIC K is even giving t-shirts if people answer simple questions about the show.
OMG they didn't even try to make the question difficult the wrong awnsers are hilarious.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:54 am

So episode 44:
-They used "Técnica de kaíbe x10" instead of "Força 10" better but worse due to no consistency;
-They kept Potaufeu and all the other names but I guess this is not a surprise anymore;
-No new voice actors and this worries me since Quimbé appeard in the filler episodes so I thought someone new would appear now :thumbdown: ;
-Dissapointed they didn't go for Spínola's Vegeta voice as Copy Vegeta :thumbdown: but I guess that's to smart for Audio In.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:42 am

Gafonso6 wrote: -Dissapointed they didn't go for Spínola's Vegeta voice as Copy Vegeta :thumbdown: but I guess that's to smart for Audio In.
He only had one line but it seemed they were going for a Bebi Vegeta voice, which I very much approve.
The rest of the episode was fine, but why did they give Gryll to Gabriel? That character needed a deeper voice (and with more acting ability too, although he is clearly improving). Well, as long as he gets Gryll and DOESN'T get Zamasu, I'll be fine :lol:
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:07 am

omegalucas wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote: -Dissapointed they didn't go for Spínola's Vegeta voice as Copy Vegeta :thumbdown: but I guess that's to smart for Audio In.
He only had one line but it seemed they were going for a Bebi Vegeta voice, which I very much approve.
The rest of the episode was fine, but why did they give Gryll to Gabriel? That character needed a deeper voice (and with more acting ability too, although he is clearly improving). Well, as long as he gets Gryll and DOESN'T get Zamasu, I'll be fine :lol:
I've never seen GT to it's entirety because I always get bored 3 episodes in no matter where I start watching it, but if that's the voice then okay.
And another thing, did Jaco say "Porra"?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:35 pm

-Episode 43 and 44 -

Holy Shit, baby Pan dubbed by Joana is the most adorable thing ever!! OMG, I can't even. Every time she said something I just melted. :o
They fixed "força 10" to "vezes 10" in the recap.
Finally Rui's Kaio shows some emotion.
They got "Potaufeu" right.
Gabriel is doing a good Gryll.
Quimbé doing the radio guy is extremely fitting, considering he does the TV ads of Radio Popular.
I was expecting Loy's cringe voice when Vegeta got tired after his Copy has been created, but unfortunately we didn't get that.
I approve his voice for Copy Vegeta. If Spínola dubbed Copy Vegeta, some people would start wondering why the Copy sounds better than the Original... :P

Two really strong episodes, I must say.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:23 am

They pronounced Pot-au-feu wrong, at least in the preview that aired with episode 43. It's supposed to be French, so it should sound like "pot-ó-fâ" instead of reading it out as if it was Portuguese.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:05 am

Puto wrote:They pronounced Pot-au-feu wrong, at least in the preview that aired with episode 43. It's supposed to be French, so it should sound like "pot-ó-fâ" instead of reading it out as if it was Portuguese.
Blame that on the director who clearly doesn't do his homework.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:50 am

Puto wrote:They pronounced Pot-au-feu wrong, at least in the preview that aired with episode 43. It's supposed to be French, so it should sound like "pot-ó-fâ" instead of reading it out as if it was Portuguese.
Yes, didn't like this but it's somewhat minor. Expecting them to pronounce that right would say a lot about the dub but, unfortunately, that's not the case.

Why does Spínola insist on saying "vedgeta"? I thought he might have stuck with that so it sounds "realistic" with people speaking in different ways but when he has Goten saying it, I can't suspend my disbelief. God, just standardize the pronounciations across the board, why is this hard to do?

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:57 am

alakazam^ wrote: Why does Spínola insist on saying "vedgeta"? I thought he might have stuck with that so it sounds "realistic" with people speaking in different ways but when he has Goten saying it, I can't suspend my disbelief. God, just standardize the pronounciations across the board, why is this hard to do?
It's a case of old habits dying hard. He has been pronouncing it like that since Vegeta's first appearance (or since Vegeta has a name, because our dub only started using his name regularly midway through Namek; up to that point, he was "o nosso inimigo" ["our enemy"]).
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:46 am

omegalucas wrote:up to that point, he was "o nosso inimigo" ["our enemy"]).
I wonder how things would be if they kept this, would he turn into "our friend"?

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:44 am

alakazam^ wrote: Why does Spínola insist on saying "vedgeta"? I thought he might have stuck with that so it sounds "realistic" with people speaking in different ways but when he has Goten saying it, I can't suspend my disbelief. God, just standardize the pronounciations across the board, why is this hard to do?
Even back in Z, it was the same way. He was the only one who pronounced it "Védgeta", and he did it for all his characters.
omegalucas wrote: It's a case of old habits dying hard. He has been pronouncing it like that since Vegeta's first appearance (or since Vegeta has a name, because our dub only started using his name regularly midway through Namek; up to that point, he was "o nosso inimigo" ["our enemy"]).
They called him Vegeta a couple times during the Saiyan arc, but it was rare.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:53 am

:evil: How can a "professional" studio fuck so many things up?! Are they even trying?! How can they let two lines that aren't dubbed pass?! Just watch them do this with Goku Black...
Oh and Son Go Ku too...

Besides the studio fucking up, the rest was good as usual and King Kai's voice is turning into a really good voice.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:03 am

And the retards keep trying to silence anyone who is criticizing. Jesus, casual fans are the worst.
The complaints weren't offending anyone, just saying that Audio In needs to step up their game and do a better quality control of the series.
Heck, whenever there is complaints it's usually because of either serious translation mistakes or production errors (and those unfortunately have been increasing). Yet, casual fans act like the dub is sacred and cannot be criticized.

Here's some of the casuals' posts:
You complain and compain and complain and complain!!
Damn it, that's enough! 20 years ago, no one complained, there was no Facebook or Instagram and everybody enjoyed the show.
Stop that, I'm sure the team is doing the best they can. You can't demand everything to be perfect.
Amazing as always. The people who come here to complain don't understand this is the Portuguese dub of Dragon Ball.
Thus, it's a version of the show we have gotten used to since ever. Keep the good work, you guys are the best.
Kudos to everyone who got Dragon Ball Super to us. Don't miss the next episodes!
Whatever... You probably weren't even born when Dragon Ball started airing here in Portugal.
These actors were giving their hearts and souls to dazzle us for countless hours, and we would even skip class to watch the show, even the younger teachers.
Back then there wasn't those exaggerated criticisms and the lack of respect for people's work. That's the Internet defenders of morality for you.
Stop complaining... have respect!!!
If you don't like to watch the Portuguese version on TV and just keep coming here to complain, just go and watch the original with subs and let these hard working people entertain us!!!
Last edited by omegalucas on Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:27 am

I hope these people get flamed for their idiocy.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:13 pm

Let's not pretend most of the complaints are made in a respectful and constructive manner either.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:30 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote:Let's not pretend most of the complaints are made in a respectful and constructive manner either.
All the complaints me and OmegaLucas have done are all respectful and I haven't seen any others that disrespected anyone. Besides, that doesn't justify the Defenders of the Portuguese Dub.