"Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Dub Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" FUNimation Dub Official Discussion Thread

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:00 pm

jcogginsa wrote:So, in the interest of moving into more pleasant topics, Jiren was released for FighterZ and thus now has an english VA. Has anyone managed to determine who it is?
Probably is Patrick Seitz, or maybe Dan Green.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:03 pm

Patrick Seitz has a light feud with Funimation right now so I doubt its him.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:19 pm

It is most definitely Patrick Seitz.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:09 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:Patrick Seitz has a light feud with Funimation right now so I doubt its him.
I mean, he's still the most likely candidate, since he voiced him in XV2, so...
Plus, he's been one of their regulars, especially since he voices Franky in One Piece.

Also, what feud?
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:52 am

Idk, but after watching DBS: Broly and episode 95 of Super, Daman Mills Frieza feels subpar compared to Ayres. It's not bad, it's just not nowhere near as good.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:41 am

I mean Ayres set the bar pretty damn high, and he was pretty much perfect in the role. Even Derek Stephen Prince in the Bang Zoom dub does a fine job but when your so used to Ayres it doesn't feel ideal. To his credit I do appreciate Mills puts his own spin on the performance and doesn't just try to copy Ayres and sounds unique when he needs to. It was a bit jarring switching between the two in the Resurrection F arc but now that he's grown into the role it shouldn't be too much of an issue going forward.

I honestly didn't notice any difference in Freeza's performance in Broly so I'd have to assume Ayres did the vast majority of his lines as the credits indicate, but going to see the dub again tomorrow so maybe I'll pick up on it with a second viewing.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

ironfist2020
Banned

Post by ironfist2020 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:56 pm

DHM211 wrote:Idk, but after watching DBS: Broly and episode 95 of Super, Daman Mills Frieza feels subpar compared to Ayres. It's not bad, it's just not nowhere near as good.
they sound nearly the same to me

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:07 am

So some people want Vic replaced, hypothetically if it does happen with most of us seeing the film now who do you guys think would be an ideal replacement.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:41 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So some people want Vic replaced, hypothetically if it does happen with most of us seeing the film now who do you guys think would be an ideal replacement.
He sounds much different from Vic, but I think J Michael Tatum would make a great Broly. He played Mira in the Xenoverse series. I wonder if Funimation will go so far as to re-record Broly's lines in the movie for the home release.

ironfist2020
Banned

Post by ironfist2020 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:54 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:So some people want Vic replaced, hypothetically if it does happen with most of us seeing the film now who do you guys think would be an ideal replacement.
He was accused for giving hugs and kiss people on the cheek. I know its inapropriate but its not sexual harresment.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:40 pm

Kissing someone without their consent is absolutely sexual assault, and by most accounts he did quite a bit more than that.

Anyway, I don't have a particular person I want voicing Broly, though I wanted someone other than Vic since before I knew all the nasty stuff about him. His screams are just premium weak-ass in this film.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:36 pm

Here we go again.

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:58 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:Here we go again.
There is a very real possibility that Mignogna could be replaced due to the accusations.
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

GreatJaiyaman
Banned

Post by GreatJaiyaman » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:37 pm

gokaiblue wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:Here we go again.
There is a very real possibility that Mignogna could be replaced due to the accusations.
That's fine and good, but some people, quite frankly are tired of hearing about it, I swear it's taken over the whole forum, and it's very annoying.
VegettoEX is a snowflake

uncutpokemon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by uncutpokemon » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:52 pm

I do not think Vic should be replaced over this nonsense. Until this goes to court, innocent until proven guilty. And to anyone that does hate Vic, you should be encouraging FUNimation to keep Vic as Broly, I hear it's torture on his vocal cords.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:38 am

Got to say with Tonight's episode with ALL the Universes Finally Meeting with the Dub Voices was a Nice Treat, espically Goku meeting Caulifla and Kale was Nicely Handled! Loved Caulifla's very Confident Sassyiness and Kale's uncertain sweetness, hearing the evolution of Dawn Bennett's Kale is going to be a Sweet~Hearting Experience! :angel:

Seeing ALL of the Maidens of Universe 2 together just makes me Very Impatient to Hear more of Veronica Taylor's Starlet Voice again as Brianne/Ribrianne and I am even MORE Impatient to hear who voices and how their voices portray Kakunsa/Sanka Ku & Rozie/Su Roas! :D

This is Going to be such in Interesting and Fun watch! :wink: :angel:
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

The Patrolman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by The Patrolman » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:43 am

If they replace Vic before he's considered guilty (which he probably won't because some of these claims feel so hard to believe), that would be as bad as how Disney treated James Gunn.
The Last Jedi is a terrible movie

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:21 am

The Patrolman wrote:If they replace Vic before he's considered guilty (which he probably won't because some of these claims feel so hard to believe), that would be as bad as how Disney treated James Gunn.
Disney fired James Gunn over jokes. Jokes he'd made years ago, apologised for and had harmed nobody. Not only did Disney fire him for that, they practically jumped at the chance to do so.

Vic Migogna has been accused of multiple instances of inappropriate behaviour, sexual harassment and assault. It's exploded over the past two weeks, but the allegations suggest it's been happening for years, was a known secret and he's had plenty of jobs in the meantime.There's been no indication yet that he'll lose this one despite how damning the accusations are.

Very BIG difference between the two there.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:33 am

My post wasn't about whether or not he should get replaced, if he is guilty or not etc was merely asking what a good alternative voice for Broly would be as a few comments from people wanted him replaced so merely asking who people think would be a good replacement is all.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:21 am

Not going to lie, but Vic's Broly in the movie wasn't too impressive in my opinion. He's stated numerous times how much of a struggle it is to voice to character, but now with all these allegations it's best to just have him replaced.