Support Your Universe.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: Support Your Universe.

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:51 pm

MagmonKai wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Each universes odds of winning.

1) U11 90%

2) U2 80%

3) U3 70%

4) U10 60%

5) U4 50%

6) U6 40%

7) U7 30%

8 ) U9 20%

That is not what those numbers represent.
And what do they represent?

Edit: To all - I have not seen the preview yet and will update when I have and if its applicable.
Last edited by Lord Frieza on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:54 pm

Their mortal levels. U11 has the highest followed by 2. and so and so forth. You can't possibly believe those are the official odds can you?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:57 pm

MagmonKai wrote:Their mortal levels. U11 has the highest followed by 2. and so and so forth. You can't possibly believe those are the official odds can you?
I though these represented odds against destruction, I might have miss read the translation though. Oh well thats why we have a good forum, stuff like this gets picked up quickly and we can correct it.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:11 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:Their mortal levels. U11 has the highest followed by 2. and so and so forth. You can't possibly believe those are the official odds can you?
I though these represented odds against destruction, I might have miss read the translation though. Oh well thats why we have a good forum, stuff like this gets picked up quickly and we can correct it.

I thought so at first glance, but then I noticed the rankings.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:22 pm

I feel bad for Universe 11. Their mortal level is so high, and yet they still have to take part in the tournament. I can only imagine that your mortal level would have to be 100% to have to not take part in the tournament.

Those standards are too damn high. Zeno is so picky. :problem:

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:34 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I feel bad for Universe 11. Their mortal level is so high, and yet they still have to take part in the tournament. I can only imagine that your mortal level would have to be 100% to have to not take part in the tournament.

Those standards are too damn high. Zeno is so picky. :problem:
Not only that...they are a universe of justice, a place that defines itself by fighting for whats right. Yes thats what has likely upset the mortal level by 10% but you would honestly think its dedication towards justice would be enough get it a pass.

The more I look at this I cannot help but think this is a pop at the Japanse education system and its system as a whole for demanding nothing less then perfection to the exultation of all else, even when such scores do not accurately show the worth of a person/people.

lunaticthegame

Post by lunaticthegame » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:42 am

This is starting to remind me of Hunger Games. You know, with the odds and all.
Matter of fact... I think I see something here.
Hunger Games has 12 Districts, Dragon Ball has 12 universes

In Dragon Ball, 4 Universes are left out from the tournament. In Hunger Games, 4 Districts are given the ability to prepare for the games, giving them the higher chance of surviving.

District 2 & Universe 2 (Both have strong opponents)
District 3 & Universe 3 (Both have the smartest of people)
District 9 & Universe 9 (District 9 is one of the poorest Districts, Universe 9 is the weakest of all)

Now, I'm just rambling.
Coincidentally, the main characters of our stories are interested in the characters from the 11th Universe/District (Though in Hunger Games, it was for alliance. In Dragon Ball, it's to fight them)

... Okay, I'll get back on topic. Since I'm January, I'll choose 6. They've got Cabba, Caulifla and Kale who all seem really interesting.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:50 am

Lord Frieza wrote: The more I look at this I cannot help but think this is a pop at the Japanse education system and its system as a whole for demanding nothing less then perfection to the exultation of all else, even when such scores do not accurately show the worth of a person/people.
I know that feeling, I am doing a course at The University of Tokyo right now and passing is 80℅..
They sure have high freaking standards and it reflects in their shows as well
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:27 pm

Lord Frieza wrote: The more I look at this I cannot help but think this is a pop at the Japanse education system and its system as a whole for demanding nothing less then perfection to the exultation of all else, even when such scores do not accurately show the worth of a person/people.
I can definitely see the resemblance myself, having experienced Asian education standards first-hand.
lunaticthegame wrote:This is starting to remind me of Hunger Games. You know, with the odds and all.
Reminds me of Bleach, with the 12 divisions and what-not. But there's surely a bigger resemblance to the Hunger Games.
Ki Breaker wrote:I am doing a course at The University of Tokyo right now and passing is 80℅..
They sure have high freaking standards and it reflects in their shows as well
That's cute. You won't get admissions in some colleges here if you don't have a score of 90% in your school finals and you still have to score a good rank in the entrance exam. Though these are top tier universities and I'm obviously not enrolled in them :P
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:36 pm

DBZ Macky wrote: That's cute. You won't get admissions in some colleges here if you don't have a score of 90% in your school finals and you still have to score a good rank in the entrance exam. Though these are top tier universities and I'm obviously not enrolled in them :P
You are from India right?
I assume you are talking about JEE..
That's for getting into NIT and IIT mainly..
Which obviously most don't get, you are talking about getting into a collage here and that too the best of the best..

And I am talking about the passing grade in college itself, which most of your state universities have a 40℅ bar of..
Half of the one I am talking about..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:45 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
DBZ Macky wrote: That's cute. You won't get admissions in some colleges here if you don't have a score of 90% in your school finals and you still have to score a good rank in the entrance exam. Though these are top tier universities and I'm obviously not enrolled in them :P
You are from India right?
I assume you are talking about JEE..
That's for getting into NIT and IIT mainly..
Which obviously most don't get, you are talking about getting into a collage here and that too the best of the best..

And I am talking about the passing grade in college itself, which most of your state universities have a 40℅ bar of..
Half of the one I am talking about..
Yeah, talking about JEE. You do have a point though, entrance exams and college exams are quite different, there's only a 50% passing bar in my college. Damn, University of Tokyo must be the real deal.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:17 pm

Ok so some knews.

We now have the whole U11 Pride Troopers tea...... :D MY TEAM LOOK SO COOL!!!!
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

We have one extra member for U6
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Edit: I'll add everyone with place holder names to the list.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:34 pm

There is something I want to add to the way I keep track of how well the individual fighters are doing in the tournament.

The same rules apply as before. For the Tournament of Power each fighter will be granted a V for Victory next to their name on the chart when they first defeat an opponent. A number will be placed next to the V for every opponent they beat. An L for Lost will be placed next to a fighters name when they are defeated. In the event of a double knock out both fighters will be given an L.

To add to this:

Fighters who knock out an opponent using team work will be granted a point each as a reward for their use of skill and strategy.

In the event of a fighter knocking someone elses opponent out of the ring, if this is done by accident then point will go to the original fighter since it was by their actions that their opponent was in a possession for the accident to take place. However should the act be intentional the warrior who stole the ring out will be granted a point for their cunning.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:48 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:There is something I want to add to the way I keep track of how well the individual fighters are doing in the tournament.

The same rules apply as before. For the Tournament of Power each fighter will be granted a V for Victory next to their name on the chart when they first defeat an opponent. A number will be placed next to the V for every opponent they beat. An L for Lost will be placed next to a fighters name when they are defeated. In the event of a double knock out both fighters will be given an L.

To add to this:

Fighters who knock out an opponent using team work will be granted a point each as a reward for their use of skill and strategy.

In the event of a fighter knocking someone elses opponent out of the ring, if this is done by accident then point will go to the original fighter since it was by their actions that their opponent was in a possession for the accident to take place. However should the act be intentional the warrior who stole the ring out will be granted a point for their cunning.
How are you going to track the characters that we have no idea who they are, or will see there fights? It's quite obvious we won't see everybody just the main characters already introduced:
Kale, Caulifla, Cabba, Magnetta, Botamo, Hit, Frost, Freeza, Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, Tien, Roshi, Krillin, 18, 17, Kahseral, Dyspo, Toppo, Jiren, Ribrianne, Damon, Ganosu, Muchririn, Basil, Bergamo, Lavenda, Nigrishi, and Narirama!

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:39 pm

MagmonKai wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:There is something I want to add to the way I keep track of how well the individual fighters are doing in the tournament.

To add to this:

How are you going to track the characters that we have no idea who they are, or will see there fights? It's quite obvious we won't see everybody just the main characters already introduced:
Kale, Caulifla, Cabba, Magnetta, Botamo, Hit, Frost, Freeza, Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, Tien, Roshi, Krillin, 18, 17, Kahseral, Dyspo, Toppo, Jiren, Ribrianne, Damon, Ganosu, Muchririn, Basil, Bergamo, Lavenda, Nigrishi, and Narirama!

Any characters not given names will be given place holder names. Butterfly women, Blue Frog Man etc. As for keeping track, you can only beat someone via ring out. Toei would have to be pretty cheap not to show even just a quick flash of characters get ringed out.

Plus you dont know that, the tournament has not started yet. We may be introduced to them all next episode or via the website. Hell we may even be shown as the tournament goes on. I'll keep track.

In the event it proves impossible to follow everyone I will change the scoring system, but nothing hints at us not being able to follow every character on at least a highlight notes bases.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:44 pm

Ok so its confirmed, NO FLYING AT ALL.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:54 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Ok so its confirmed, NO FLYING AT ALL.

That blows. But I guess it would be hectic with everybody flying around. So I guess Miss Piggy and Vegeta are just jumping in the air briefly?

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:55 pm

I want to see screens of the new characters. They showed a lot of them so fast.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:56 pm

MagmonKai wrote:I want to see screens of the new characters. They showed a lot of them so fast.
Universe 10
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Universe 11
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Universe 2
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Universe 3
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Universe 4
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Universe 6
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Universe 9
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:07 pm

U6 is still missing 2 warriors. I'm so stoked for this tournament.