Support Your Universe.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Re: Support Your Universe.

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:29 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:
ChronoTwigger wrote:OOOK! By these rules... fusions allowed (insert animated gif here).
COMBO MOVES too. That could be nice, some choreography from 17 & 18.
Also... WTF, Chao Tzu psych power of stopping people could ended to be a tactical advantage O_O.

So the rumbles will be abstracts, not action by action follow ups.
That again decrease the length. 4 episodes by stage?
Surely more had to come after this part of the arc.

Despite that...
HOW SEXY IS HELLES WHEN TALKING <3???
My universe twin's goddess is a lovely prides herself to be.
While Vermoud is drawn in Satoshi Kon style, those curved poses are fantastic XD. I can figure him walking alone the road giving a f..., kicking cans, smoking sigarettes, exploding planets...
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:33 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:
ChronoTwigger wrote:OOOK! By these rules... fusions allowed (insert animated gif here).
COMBO MOVES too. That could be nice, some choreography from 17 & 18.
Also... WTF, Chao Tzu psych power of stopping people could ended to be a tactical advantage O_O.

So the rumbles will be abstracts, not action by action follow ups.
That again decrease the length. 4 episodes by stage?
Surely more had to come after this part of the arc.

Despite that...
HOW SEXY IS HELLES WHEN TALKING <3???
My universe twin's goddess is a lovely prides herself to be.
While Vermoud is drawn in Satoshi Kon style, those curved poses are fantastic XD. I can figure him walking alone the road giving a f..., kicking cans, smoking sigarettes, exploding planets...

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:51 pm

Correction

The tournament will have a time limit of 48 minutes.....oh boy no time for tea.

Booze Sama
Beyond Newbie

Post by Booze Sama » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:53 pm

These rules suck. I thought it would be pound for pound. Punch for punch and all-out until the very last man. WTF 48 mins? People like Roshi are going to get tossed out with a blink.

Lol I can't wait to see Hit timeskipping everyone.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:11 pm

Correction 2

You can only win by ring out, if you enemy is knocked out you have to throw him over the side.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:14 pm

-Let's go!

in the first 5 seconds, Piccolo get drilled to save Gohan, Krillin detonate, Vegeta get possessed by someone evil, Satan get bashed to trigger Buu, Tien use Taiyoken 15 times (like a photographer), Gohan start to meditate to reach another who know form everything but SSJ, Roshi thrown out of ring, 17 was Oolong morphed, 18 deal a cruel smirk, Goku BEGIN TO WARM UP...
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:16 pm

My expectations for this tournament are now cut in half. I don't know why they made a big deal out of Krillin getting back into fighting, bringing back 17 out of obscurity, having 18 or Piccolo fight again, etc...if they're all going to be knocked out immediately.

Also no 1 on 1 matches means we won't even get a single good fight out of them like we got from Gohan and Buu. No way is everyone going to remain standing very long if all these high powered warriors on the level of Super Saiyan Blue will be fighting all at once.

Damn.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:48 pm

I think I saw a silhouette of girl broly with the universe 11 fighters,so does this confirmed that she from u11
    so 80 man Royal rumble is a thing, that is so epic
    Mostly active on discord.

Jinzoningen MULE
    I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:22 pm

precita wrote:My expectations for this tournament are now cut in half. I don't know why they made a big deal out of Krillin getting back into fighting, bringing back 17 out of obscurity, having 18 or Piccolo fight again, etc...if they're all going to be knocked out immediately.

Also no 1 on 1 matches means we won't even get a single good fight out of them like we got from Gohan and Buu. No way is everyone going to remain standing very long if all these high powered warriors on the level of Super Saiyan Blue will be fighting all at once.

Damn.
    Why are you assuming that they'll be knocked out immediately? Toriyama would have to be an absolute moron to write something a simple as that, Dragon Ball Super would never recover from such a narrative failure. Just because it's a 48 minute battle royale doesn't mean that everything will literally going by that quick from our perspective, it's in-universe time (and we all know that's the least reliable thing ever). It's likely we won't even experience the whole thing in a linear fashion, anyway.
    Retired.

Alee9977
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:29 am

Lord Frieza wrote:Correction 2

You can only win by ring out, if you enemy is knocked out you have to throw him over the side.
    That is the only rule I liked.
    Well, my expectations right now aren't even half of what I was expecting when this arc was announced, and now we even lost an important animator.
    But hey, knowing Zeno isn't destroying because he wants to and that he is doing it because of the average mortal level made complete sense to me.

KingKaash
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:03 am

I still can't believe Liquir the fox God of Destruction is taken out of the tournament. After the clown, I was most intrigued by him
    "Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

ChronoTwigger
    Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:15 am

People seems to forgot that:
    A: other universes people fight against themselves too. So u11 heroes take down u2 and u3 (T_T), then go for u7 as well with reduced forces. It's hard that, even for simple geometry, they could go 70 vs 10. No flying allowed.
    B: u7 was hated, so probably there will be some angst about. U6 will SURELY come to balance the thing, in the figures of Cabba and Hit. NO WAY Cabba will let Vegeta being overwhelmed by goons. And having Hit on your side for a while == +5 fighters. Maybe Frost too, or the whole u6 team, just to play safe.
    C: you need to move someone from the position he fell. When someone's down, circle him, protect, cure.
    It's a conservative stuff, you win by the large number of people on the ring after 48 minutes, not the team that defeat most opponents. CLEARLY different approach.
    So there's no way Roshi Krillin or 17 get stomped instantly, they just need to play safely, probably those who rush alone are in risk instead.

Lord Frieza
    I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:21 am

Maybe I should put it as 48 minuets (Frieza Time), then people would be less concerned about the time.

sailorspazz
    Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:55 am

The universe of my birth month (5) is too good for this tournament, so I'mma throw my support behind Universe 10 in memory of muh man Zamasu♥. May his soul rest in peace in the...uhhh...nonexistent space of the universe that was destroyed to take him out?

And I guess for Gowasu, too. He's been through a lot, he deserves a victory, dammit!
    A veteran fan-girl past her prime
    Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
    Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

The gr
    I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:20 pm

Here my prediction for the battle royale,the 48 minutes expires the only people are standing is U7 with Goku,Gohan and Vegeta,u6 with cabba, frost and hit,U9 with the trio of danger and lastly u11 with toppo,grey alien guy and the Beerus look alike and then we're going to a tie breaker with those remaining people.
      what are your thoughts on this,to me it make sense since we're going to have two battles for this tournament and plus we have those 3 universe built up before the tournament of power

Lord Frieza
      I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:20 pm

since there is the very real possibility that some of our universes are going to be destroyed I'm posting this quote to help us all cope.

"What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue: Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer."
      - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

And a personal message fro me to you

"Live every day as if its your last, because one day you'll be right"

Ki Breaker
      Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:27 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:since there is the very real possibility that some of our universes are going to be destroyed I'm posting this quote to help us all cope.

"What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue: Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer."
      - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

And a personal message fro me to you

"Live every day as if its your last, because one day you'll be right"
      In response I would like to give a personal message as well

Ultimately, all clocks are counting down to your death
      -Ki Breaker

No need to be happy if you win either, that zeno ain't something to trust
      The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

ChronoTwigger
      Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:38 pm

When the Universe is about to explode in a minute, expect for people to feel the urge of posting a status update on Facebook.

Lord Frieza
      I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:55 pm

Ok so a little news.

First as of the next episode, all the universe will have 40 hours to get ready for the Tournament of Power.

Also we have it on pretty good authority that the grey alien of the Pride Troopers is named Jiren even though its not been officially released yet.

The gr
      I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:11 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Ok so a little news.

First as of the next episode, all the universe will have 40 hours to get ready for the Tournament of Power.

Also we have it on pretty good authority that the grey alien of the Pride Troopers is named Jiren even though its not been officially released yet.

Please I don't want him to be a stoic rival, dear God toriyama I'm begging you, don't make him a stoic rival for Goku,is getting pretty old,but by looks at it he is going to be hit 2,0 or unless toriyama will surprise me for this character
        do you guys think not Beerus is going to be the starscream of the pride troopers meanwhile toppo will be the leader and jiren will be the lancer,I'm using TV tropes term