Future Zeno question

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegito Black
Not-So-Newbie

Future Zeno question

Post by Vegito Black » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:03 pm

So Zeno is taken to the past I understand that there's two now (and we'll never know which is which since the look exactly the same) but what about the future that is now without a Omni king? Did Zeno only blow up universe 7 or was he so pissed he just said screw it and murdered all of creation? If it's just universe 7 him going missing would be pretty bad since they still have 11 universes left. Would future daishinkan wonder what happened and go looking in the past for him? Or would he find a new Omni king and restart creation?

Merged Zamasu
Banned

Re: Future Zeno question

Post by Merged Zamasu » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:33 pm

Everyone and everything is gone in the Future Timeline.

Black had already killed every, single God. The Earthlings were the last mortal species left in the Universe, so almost every mortal had already been wiped out. All that was left in the Future Timeline by Episode 47 (the beginning of the Arc) were Black, Zamasu and the Earth's Resitance. All other planets, all other mortals, all other Gods were no more.

Furthermore, Zeno completely destroyed Merged Zamasu, the problem is Merged Zamasu had become one with the very Multiverse, so by killing Merged Zamasu, Zeno destroyed the Multiverse by extension. If Zeno had spared just one small part of the Multiverse, a fraction of Merged Zamasu's essence would have been inevitably spared as well, and that would be extremely bad.

You can still travel to the Future Timeline, but all planets, including the Afterlife, and all living/dead beings, whether they are Gods or mortals, are no more. It's just an endless void.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:56 pm

We don't know how much he blew up, it can be assumed he blew it all up hence he was just there, floating around without a destination to go..
It would make sense from a story perspective too
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Vegito Black
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vegito Black » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:30 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:We don't know how much he blew up, it can be assumed he blew it all up hence he was just there, floating around without a destination to go..
But would that include his home the place that was outside of the 12 universes?

Future daishinkan could still be alive for all we know.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:37 pm

Vegito Black wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:We don't know how much he blew up, it can be assumed he blew it all up hence he was just there, floating around without a destination to go..

As I said, It could be assumed he destroyed everything..
Before destroying it all he said " a world like this.. " the term world usually refers to whole world the person knows of, zeno knows the whole multiverse and the centre of it..
He destroyed everything, it's a void, at this point it was okay to bring him to a timeline where something exists
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:58 pm

Yes, Zeno blew up all of the twelve universes. Honestly I don't think it was the right I idea to bring an all powerful psychopathic murderous monster like him to the present. But whatever

Merged Zamasu
Banned

Post by Merged Zamasu » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:59 pm

Gog wrote:Yes, Zeno blew up all of the twelve universes. Honestly I don't think it was the right I idea to bring an all powerful psychopathic murderous monster like him to the present. But whatever
This way, Goku has double the plot armor he had before, isn't that wonderful?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:01 pm

Merged Zamasu wrote:
Gog wrote:Yes, Zeno blew up all of the twelve universes. Honestly I don't think it was the right I idea to bring an all powerful psychopathic murderous monster like him to the present. But whatever
Except. This double plot Armour is hosting a tournament where the loser universes. Lose their universes. Goku has the best plot Armour. But know where getting off topic

Merged Zamasu
Banned

Post by Merged Zamasu » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:12 pm

Gog wrote:
Merged Zamasu wrote:
Except. This double plot Armour is hosting a tournament where the loser universes. Lose their universes. Goku has the best plot Armour. But know where getting off topic
Do you really think Zeno will blow up his husbando's Universe? Hah.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:21 pm

Universe 7 is totally safe, and hopefully Universe 6 too.

Then the one above Zeno must appear and creates other Universes, because losing the concept of Multiverse would be one of the worst things that could happen in this franchise, and would make Movie 14 to lose its most valuable information, turning it into another generic movie.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:27 pm

Grimlock wrote:Universe 7 is totally safe, and hopefully Universe 6 too.

Then the one above Zeno must appear and creates other Universes, because losing the concept of Multiverse would be one of the worst things that could happen in this franchise, and would make Movie 14 to lose its most valuable information, turning it into another generic movie.
They would just be wished back by Goku.

Why are people forgetting the plot device this franchise is named after?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:32 pm

I didn't, if Dragon Ball didn't have gods, I would say they should wish Super Shenlong to restore the Multiverse. But I prefer to see a deity doing that.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

dblack
Beyond Newbie

Post by dblack » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:08 pm

Vegito Black wrote:

This is the villain I wanna see.
Crazed-Daishinkan the only living being left in that universe because he was at Zeno's palace in between universes when Zeno eliminated them.
Slowly descending into madness as he realizes he's all that's left.
Can't deactivate himself because his God (Zeno) is still alive so he wanders the abyss for years searching for Zeno who is in another timeline.
Eventually he learns the truth and sets his mind on a single goal; eliminate that damned Saiyan that time-traveled his God and left him to wander for eternity.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:21 pm

It's never been explained beyond what was shown in the episode, but I imagine he destroyed everything, otherwise he would have had to stay and continue being the God of everything and couldn't have left with Goku.