Zap zap or wap wap?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Zap zap or wap wap?

Post by ChronoTwigger » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:35 pm

Just a question.
Did you like the most energy attacks or hand to hand clashes?
At a given point in DBZ we all know energy attacks were all the thing, with occasional random flurries of punches.
I think Super tried to convey a superiority of hand to hand (while the scenes are very short).
Let's discuss this.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Zap zap or wap wap?

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:12 am

It doesn't Matter which techniques they use as long as the choreography is good, which super dosen't have most of the times..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:19 am

Ki Breaker wrote:It doesn't Matter which techniques they use as long as the choreography is good, which super dosen't have most of the times..
Beerus vs Goku??? Hit vs Goku ?? Black Goku & Zamasu vs Future Trunks & Vegeta & Goku??? only the RF arc has had bad Choreography

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:20 am

Lujin_16 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:It doesn't Matter which techniques they use as long as the choreography is good, which super dosen't have most of the times..
Beerus vs Goku??? Hit vs Goku ?? Black Goku & Zamasu vs Future Trunks & Vegeta & Goku??? only the RF arc has had bad Choreography
So you liked all of those fights stat ti finish?
There was plenty wobbly choreography in there..
If you enjoyed it, good for you
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:29 am

Ki Breaker wrote:
Lujin_16 wrote:
I don't think so you are overacting that's all...

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:36 am

Lujin_16 wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Lujin_16 wrote:
I don't think so you are overacting that's all...
Pointing outhow the choreography was wobbly isn't overreacting..
That's not how it works

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:38 pm

I think they've tried to do good choreographies, but in fact those scenes doesn't last enough.
For example, Goku meet Zamasu. Zamasu was introduced as a combat genius. He does one aikido very nice move and then... stop.
So far the only real good fights I could count are Vegeta Blue vs Black final clash, and Goku vs Monaka Beerus. The latter, while silly in the premise, it's nice and varied.

Now don't take me too seriously, but I think that if this below could be done in a 2d videogame, what exactly stop for DB to convey a similar power feel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvguqb1wsHM

My point was all about kind of fight, not quality, as all we know DBS is 10 year late in that field.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.