How important is every fighter on team Universe 7?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

How important is every fighter on team Universe 7?

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:17 pm

This is how I would rank them based on who I think is the most important to team Universe 7 in the tournament.

1. Goku
As he is the strongest fighter and usually finds a way to win so has to be number 1 for Universe 7.

2. Buu
As he has many unique abilities that will cause nearly all his oppenents to be constantly confused and never know what he is going to do next.

3. Piccolo
As he has many unique abilities such as stretchy arms and a giant form that will cause many problems. He is also the best strategist of the team.

4. Tien
He is here simply becuase of the Tri-Beam which could surprise a potential tough opponent that could be very valuable to team Universe 7 overall. He also has various other skills that could be useful against oppenents.

5. Vegeta
He is more powerful than 2-4 but he is in this position because he is not as good as Goku and does not have any special abilities to bring to the team.

6/7. Android 17/18
They have infinite ki so they will be very good in long battles and should be able to use any attacks at any time.

8. Krillin
He has the Destructo Disc which can obviously be dangerous to many opponents and also has the Solar Flare like Tien and the Mullti-Form technique like Tien and Piccolo which will useful in the tournament.

9. Roshi
He is not that strong compared to the rest of the team but has a lot of experience and is very smart and will find many ways to counter oppenents

10. Gohan
His best attribute is that when he is angry he can do some serious damage but apart from that he does not have any special abilities to bring to the tournament.

To me it will not only be about power.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: How important is every fighter on team Universe 7?

Post by TheMathemagician » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:27 pm

Depends in a straight up fight, I would definitely agree with Goku usually being the one to fight best under pressure and when backed against a corner. I'd also put Piccolo near the top as well, though mentioning Giant form isn't really all that good since it never really did much for him. Very hard to determined who will be the most important fighter by the end of this. We really need the format of this tournament soon since someone like Tenshinhan's Kikoho and Kuririn's Kienzan would have better luck on a person in a team battle than a one-on-one. But it is still great as a good nuke option for Tenshinhan to use Kikoho. I think it's a bit early to tell who are the most important for this tournament. Since this tournament could end up having 17, Gohan, Piccolo, and Vegeta as most important ones. Unless you mean just in general.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:02 am

I'm just going to assume very few universes have the caliber of fighters universe 7 has. In fact this isn't even the best collection of fighters universe 7 could of assembled. But you can't bring people back from the dead and train them so this is what we .

Goku and vegeta are the tier 1 fighters with basically everything you want from techniques to will power.

Tier 2 is Mr. Buu. I think his abilities are top shelf and he could defeat even stronger opponents. Too bad he's dumb as bricks because if he had a brain like super buu he could single handedly defeat anyone from universe 6 except for hit of course. Either way he can absorb you, turn you into a cookie and eat you or just out last you with regeneration.

Tier 3 is Gohan. Gohan literally brings nothing to the table in his current form. He's pathetic but let's be honest. He's the only one that can go from weakling to op as f in an instant. He's the trump card for universe 7.

Tien and piccolo are the technical fighters with techniques that surpass their actual power level. Tiens tri beam against cell and Piccolos beam cannon have proved that.

No idea what Roshi brings besides comic relief.

Android 17 and 18 are going to be plot necessity casualties imo. Hopefully they do something useful.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:07 am

julianix wrote:I'm just going to assume very few universes have the caliber of fighters universe 7 has. In fact this isn't even the best collection of fighters universe 7 could of assembled. But you can't bring people back from the dead and train them so this is what we .

Goku and vegeta are the tier 1 fighters with basically everything you want from techniques to will power.

Tier 2 is Mr. Buu. I think his abilities are top shelf and he could defeat even stronger opponents. Too bad he's dumb as bricks because if he had a brain like super buu he could single handedly defeat anyone from universe 6 except for hit of course. Either way he can absorb you, turn you into a cookie and eat you or just out last you with regeneration.

Tier 3 is Gohan. Gohan literally brings nothing to the table in his current form. He's pathetic but let's be honest. He's the only one that can go from weakling to op as f in an instant. He's the trump card for universe 7.

Tien and piccolo are the technical fighters with techniques that surpass their actual power level. Tiens tri beam against cell and Piccolos beam cannon have proved that.

Android 17 and 18 are going to be plot necessity casualties imo. Hopefully they do something useful.
This, plus the newly nerfed Krillin in Roshi-tier. 17 and 18 are Piccolo/Tien tier.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:15 am

julianix wrote:I'm just going to assume very few universes have the caliber of fighters universe 7 has. In fact this isn't even the best collection of fighters universe 7 could of assembled. But you can't bring people back from the dead and train them so this is what we .

Just curious, what makes you think 17 and 18 are going to be used as casualties? Roshi might be a technical fighter? But then again, Goku, Tenshinhan, and Piccolo are already the most technical fighters on the team.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:01 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote: 10. Gohan
His best attribute is that when he is angry he can do some serious damage but apart from that he does not have any special abilities to bring to the tournament.

......... Gohan is last because his attribute is he gets real strong when he is angry?
And that's not gonna help out team?

Universes are getting destroyed left and right, our own is at stake, there's also a possibility satan or someone else dear to gohan stays on earth, if there's that serious threat he will get angry and we get win over though opponents easily if that's how you want to measure gohan..

As of yet Gohan is seriously strong as SS alone when not angry, nothing saying he isn't getting ultimate back, he can do some serious damage even without getting angry..

Gohan has all the abilities goku has, except IT.. against an opponent not god tier how can he not be a serious threat, especially when other team members can and will stop him from doing anything rash.

For my entry I keep gohan at 3, first and second being the obvious choices..
Then your order is followed for the rest..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:07 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:

......... Gohan is last because his attribute is he gets real strong when he is angry?

Universes are getting destroyed left and right, our own is at stake, there's also a possibility satan or someone else dear to gohan stays on earth, if there's that serious threat he will get angry and we get win over though opponents easily if that's how you want to measure gohan..

Gohan is hurting SS goku when not angry, nothing saying he isn't getting ultimate back, he can do some serious damage even without getting angry..

Gohan has all the abilities goku has, except IT.. against an opponent not god tier how can he not be a serious threat, especially when other team mein can and will stop him from doing anything rash.

His anger is very unreliable and he does not have any ability that could cause oppenents problems or any ability to counter oppenents.

He could be 9 with Roshi 10 in my list but if Beerus had a choice I can not think of any situation where he would put Gohan into fight in front of all the others.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:13 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:

Gohan is hurting SS goku when not angry, nothing saying he isn't getting ultimate back, he can do some serious damage even without getting angry..

Gohan has all the abilities goku has, except IT.. against an opponent not god tier how can he not be a serious threat, especially when other team mein can and will stop him from doing anything rash.

His anger is very unreliable and he does not have any ability that could cause oppenents problems or any ability to counter oppenents.

He could be 9 with Roshi 10 in my list but if Beerus had a choice I can not think of any situation where he would put Gohan into fight in front of all the others.
I am not able to follow your logic, special abilities can be cancelled by a bigger power, it's a Dragonball norm, and gohan is the strongest non god our universe has to offer..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:42 pm

Ki Breaker wrote: I am not able to follow your logic, special abilities can be cancelled by a bigger power, it's a Dragonball norm, and gohan is the strongest non god our universe has to offer..
Since Toriyama has chosen 10 fighters I am assuming it will not all be about power.

To counter Hit's move you need immense power and you can't really counter Botamo either.

I will now explain further:

If Beerus and Whis decide the best way to defeat an oppentent is to wear them down slowly and play defensively then they will send out 17 or 18 to fight.

If there is a huge character who they feel would be countered by having someone the same size they will choose Piccolo who can go into or his giant form. Piccolo could also be used to outsmart an opponent or fight at a distance with his stretchy arms.

If they go for power than they would use Goku or Vegeta in a fight. Goku also has instant transmission which could be useful.

Buu could be used to go against tricky opponents who are hard to beat as he will cause many problems.

Tien could use his Tri-Beam to ring out someone or even destroy them. His 4 arm techniques could be used agains certain oppentents who will struggle against that. Some oppenents could find the Multi-Form technique hard to defend against and Solar Flare will counter some potential opponents.

Krillin is very similar to Tien but has the Destructo-Disc which can be very dangerous.

All I am saying is that Gohan does not bring anything that the others have not already. I don't expect Gohan to be close to Goku and Vegeta in power during this arc.

This is why Roshi and Gohan are 9 and 10.

Beerus and Whis will need different options to fight against different kinds of opponents.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:00 pm

I think you underestimate what Gohan can become.

Gohan has basically relied on Goku and Vegeta to defend from major threats. He knows he can live his life because he doesn't have to carry the burden of living that life. Goku and vegeta obsessed and enjoy that life style.

But if Gohan in a position where he can't rely on anyone else and his families life is at stake I'm pretty sure he'll tap into that inner rage he's always had.

Gohan is the trump card of universe 7 there's no doubt.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:12 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:

As of yet Gohan is seriously strong as SS alone when not angry, nothing saying he isn't getting ultimate back, he can do some serious damage even without getting angry..

Gohan has all the abilities goku has, except IT.. against an opponent not god tier how can he not be a serious threat, especially when other team members can and will stop him from doing anything rash.

Well he also doesn't have Kaioken to stack on him, or Taiyoken.
julianix wrote:I think you underestimate what Gohan can become.

Gohan has basically relied on Goku and Vegeta to defend from major threats. He knows he can live his life because he doesn't have to carry the burden of living that life. Goku and vegeta obsessed and enjoy that life style.

But if Gohan in a position where he can't rely on anyone else and his families life is at stake I'm pretty sure he'll tap into that inner rage he's always had.

Gohan is the trump card of universe 7 there's no doubt.
Wouldn't that all depend if Toriyama makes him the trump card of U7? I'm not saying it couldn't happen as I'd love to see Gohan get an awesome moment. But I don't know if I'd call anyone the trump card of the team given that we really don't know that yet.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:15 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote: I am not able to follow your logic, special abilities can be cancelled by a bigger power, it's a Dragonball norm, and gohan is the strongest non god our universe has to offer..
Since Toriyama has chosen 10 fighters I am assuming it will not all be about power.

To counter Hit's move you need immense power and you can't really counter Botamo either.

I will now explain further:

If Beerus and Whis decide the best way to defeat an oppentent is to wear them down slowly and play defensively then they will send out 17 or 18 to fight.

If there is a huge character who they feel would be countered by having someone the same size they will choose Piccolo who can go into or his giant form. Piccolo could also be used to outsmart an opponent or fight at a distance with his stretchy arms.

If they go for power than they would use Goku or Vegeta in a fight. Goku also has instant transmission which could be useful.

Buu could be used to go against tricky opponents who are hard to beat as he will cause many problems.

Tien could use his Tri-Beam to ring out someone or even destroy them. His 4 arm techniques could be used agains certain oppentents who will struggle against that. Some oppenents could find the Multi-Form technique hard to defend against and Solar Flare will counter some potential opponents.

Krillin is very similar to Tien but has the Destructo-Disc which can be very dangerous.

All I am saying is that Gohan does not bring anything that the others have not already. I don't expect Gohan to be close to Goku and Vegeta in power during this arc.

This is why Roshi and Gohan are 9 and 10.

Beerus and Whis will need different options to fight against different kinds of opponents.
I see your logic now, and this seems very interesting but Dragonball usually dosen't work like that.. that much planning before fights isn't done, it's just some lines like, oh it's your turn now, go and do something..

Gohan actually brings something big, raw power, if saving goku Vegeta is what berrus wants which he did in the previous tournament, the best choice is gohan..
They really can't send fighters out based on what the other fighter is capable of because they won't know what the opposite team's powers at all before the match! That's how abilities are a surprise, if the other team knows what rivals abilities are then that's it, they counter it somehow..
This thinking is only possible when that specific team already faught and even then there's no guarantee that team dosen't have anything else in store..

And on top of that this is a team battle, you can't send a single person, having the strongest non god character on the team when any new abilitiy can surprise them is a huge benefit to them..

Power is a big thing in Dragonball when you got no idea what techniques might come Infront.. You always got the option if having gohan pummel a weaker ability user who is giving others trouble by overpowering him with his far greater strength

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:26 pm

No offense but that list is bullshit having gohan at 10 while roshi and krillin and tien above him is stupid. Gohan was the only one that could do shit in Rof while everyone was getting there asses kicked by tagoma and powerful enough to at least get goku to IT to earth and even vegeta commented on gohans potential back in u6 and given the stakes and recent episodes gohan is going play a major part in the tournament.
1 and 2.Goku/vegeta are obivious considering there the main firepower of the team
3.Gohan as reasons already stated.
4.piccolo as you mentioned
5.majin buu due to his abilities
The rest you can sort but this is what i have.

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:59 pm

Ugh Mr. Buu again? I honestly don't get the hype surrounding him or any of his incarnations.

Regeneration - cool (the first time). Really, it just becomes played out after the second or third time.

Candy Beam - tacky and takes away anything even remotely akin to seriousness and tension.

Personality / Character Design - not something I would ever find appealing.

I'd rather see a new-and-improved Yamcha than Mr. Buu.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:06 pm

pacz360 wrote:No offense but that list is bullshit having gohan at 10 while roshi and krillin and tien above him is stupid. Gohan was the only one that could do shit in Rof while everyone was getting there asses kicked by tagoma and powerful enough to at least get goku to IT to earth and even vegeta commented on gohans potential back in u6 and given the stakes and recent episodes gohan is going play a major part in the tournament.
1 and 2.Goku/vegeta are obivious considering there the main firepower of the team
3.Gohan as reasons already stated.
4.piccolo as you mentioned
5.majin buu due to his abilities
The rest you can sort but this is what i have.
Toriyama did not do the Tagoma stuff so is not in Toriyama's thinking when writing this arc.

Your list is just power and I think there will be many fights where power means hardly anything just like Goku vs Botamo fight.
supercat wrote:Ugh Mr. Buu again? I honestly don't get the hype surrounding him or any of his incarnations.

Regeneration - cool (the first time). Really, it just becomes played out after the second or third time.

Candy Beam - tacky and takes away anything even remotely akin to seriousness and tension.

Personality / Character Design - not something I would ever find appealing.

I'd rather see a new-and-improved Yamcha than Mr. Buu.
This is not about who we like as if it was then Yamcha would definitely be on my list. However it is about who is the most useful/important to the team in the tournament.

incarnati0n
Beyond Newbie

Post by incarnati0n » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:18 pm

No reason to argue with this guy. All he does on this forum is blindly hate on Gohan.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:39 pm

incarnati0n wrote:No reason to argue with this guy. All he does on this forum is blindly hate on Gohan.
At least I give reasons while others just say I don't like a character.

Anyway that has nothing to do with this discussion.

Give me some reasons why Gohan should be number 3 like the others are saying.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:46 pm

Goku : He's Goku.
Vegeta : He's on Goku's power level but unlike Goku he doesn't do well under pressure.
Piccolo : He might not be as strong as Gohan in his mystic form but he's in a lot better shape fighting wise and he's a lot smarter than him and Buu.
Buu : He's not as strong as Piccolo and Gohan but unlike Gohan, he can take a lot more damage due to him being able to regenerate.
Gohan : He's stronger than the 2 above but he isn't as experienced as Piccolo and he can't regenerate like Buu.
Android 17&18 : they're a lot stronger than the humans below them.
Krillin, Tien & Roshi : they have nothing to offer that the above can't so they're probably here just to reach 10 fighters.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:11 pm

sintzu wrote:Goku : He's Goku.
Vegeta : He's on Goku's power level but unlike Goku he doesn't do well under pressure.
Piccolo : He might not be as strong as Gohan in his mystic form but he's in a lot better shape fighting wise and he's a lot smarter than him and Buu.
Buu : He's not as strong as Piccolo and Gohan but unlike Gohan, he can take a lot more damage due to him being able to regenerate.
Gohan : He's stronger than the 2 above but he isn't as experienced as Piccolo and he can't regenerate like Buu.
Krillin, Tien & Roshi : they have nothing to offer that the above can't so they're probably here just to reach 10 fighters.
Neither Gohan or Piccolo are close in power to Mr. Buu and it's not even close. Unless they just throw everything we've seen out the window and magically make them stronger.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:13 pm

sintzu wrote:Goku : He's Goku.
I really like this one (for the most part), after thinking about this for some time. Goku and Vegeta are obvious. 17 and 18 seem in an appropriate spot too. Kuririn, Tenshinhan, and Roshi have some nice things but as far as Taiyoken goes, Goku has that. Kikoho is nice from Tenshinhan, but it tends to hurt himself more than his opponent, not to mention it probably isn't all that reliable one-on-one. Kuririn's Kienzan is nice, but his record for succeeding with it isn't that good, not to mention Goku himself has also shown to be able to use it as well (I think he used it on Bootenks). Roshi and Ten have Mafuba, but so do Goku and Piccolo. Most of the humans best options are things other characters can already do. I don't know how I'd list Piccolo, Boo and Gohan, but they should definitely come after Goku and Vegeta.