Should Goku stop being irresponsible jerk?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Should Goku stop being irresponsible jerk?

Post by Kanassa » Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:45 pm

TekTheNinja wrote: Hell, current DBS Goku is even more of a parody than TFS Goku in some ways since at least TFS Goku at least has moments where he cares about other people.
Goku has plenty of moments where he cares about other people, ranging from his rage at Black, his love towards Pan, his support of Gohan's studies, his various interactions with Krillin where he makes sure to state how they're still best friends, the fact that he was completely willing to give away his bargaining chip for training to Bulma, ect. To say DBZ Goku doesn't care about others is objectively false.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:49 am

Kanassa wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote: Hell, current DBS Goku is even more of a parody than TFS Goku in some ways since at least TFS Goku at least has moments where he cares about other people.
Goku has plenty of moments where he cares about other people, ranging from his rage at Black, his love towards Pan, his support of Gohan's studies, his various interactions with Krillin where he makes sure to state how they're still best friends, the fact that he was completely willing to give away his bargaining chip for training to Bulma, ect. To say DBZ Goku doesn't care about others is objectively false.
I think you mean DBS Goku, but yes I agree with you. Doesn't really make much sense for someone to actually claim DBS Goku doesn't have moments of where he cares for other people when we've seen him show care for other people. Even in this recent episode he even says he doesn't want innocents being erased.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:05 am

TheMathemagician wrote: I think you mean DBS Goku, but yes I agree with you. Doesn't really make much sense for someone to actually claim DBS Goku doesn't have moments of where he cares for other people when we've seen him show care for other people. Even in this recent episode he even says he doesn't want innocents being erased.
I meant DBZ, yeah. Funny thing is, despite how alien Goku is, his approach towards the Hero business is pretty damn human. "I don't like innocent people being hurt, but...."
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:25 am

TheMathemagician wrote: I think you mean DBS Goku, but yes I agree with you. Doesn't really make much sense for someone to actually claim DBS Goku doesn't have moments of where he cares for other people when we've seen him show care for other people. Even in this recent episode he even says he doesn't want innocents being erased.
Even before then, he was pissed at that poacher for selling animals, saying there's no saving him and was walking over to knock the guy out.
Kanassa wrote:
I meant DBZ, yeah. Funny thing is, despite how alien Goku is, his approach towards the Hero business is pretty damn human. "I don't like innocent people being hurt, but...."
Petty much. Most humans won't go out of their way to save people, some times even when someone's in trouble in front of them (Bystander Syndrome). Which is why we admire people who rushed into the burning building, especially when it isn't their job like a police or fireman.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.