Dragon Ball Super Manga Battle Records

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Dragon Ball Super Manga Battle Records

Post by sintzu » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:10 pm

Totamo wrote:So what was all that crap about Goku being the star of this manga.
He is but unlike the anime, he's not being forced into everything.

In the anime's Zamasu arc, he fought Black as a Ssj2, then fought Black after he stabbed Vegeta. Then he teamed up with Trunks against him and Zamasu. Then he did it again before he had to leave when Trunks got his "rage" form.

in the manga on the other hand, There's just been one fight (a long one though) with Black and Vegeta is the one who fought him while Goku got a short side fight with Zamasu.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:22 pm

Guys,would you like it if I were to add a ranking section on the thread?

1 point will be given to the loser & 2 to the winner.It will be very interesting to see how the rankings will be constantly changing & by the end of the series,we'll have a pretty good general idea about how everyone did in their fights.

What do you think? Let me know!
My Dragon Ball Super 'Canon'

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:32 pm

sintzu wrote:
Totamo wrote:So what was all that crap about Goku being the star of this manga.
He is but unlike the anime, he's not being forced into everything.

In the anime's Zamasu arc, he fought Black as a Ssj2, then fought Black after he stabbed Vegeta. Then he teamed up with Trunks against him and Zamasu. Then he did it again before he had to leave when Trunks got his "rage" form.

in the manga on the other hand, There's just been one fight (a long one though) with Black and Vegeta is the one who fought him while Goku got a short side fight with Zamasu.
I wonder,will Goku actually fight Black in the manga or is the rematch reserved for Vegeta before Merged Zamasu eventually appears?

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:51 pm

Goku still got greats feats, He made hit look like a punk. He was toying with Frost. He gave Beerus a good fight. Vegeta got 3 ez wins that buu could have gotten.
Piccolo's fight almost ruined his character.

MyNiggaGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:05 pm

Beyond wrote:Goku still got greats feats, He made hit look like a punk. He was toying with Frost. He gave Beerus a good fight. Vegeta got 3 ez wins that buu could have gotten.
I wouldn't go that far.Piccolo gave Frost a pretty good fight before getting stung by the poison needle.You could argue that he was on par with Final Form Frost ( who was tired from his fight with Goku,but still an impressive feat ).

I really love Piccolo,he is one of my favourite characters but honestly,he can't keep up with God-tier characters.He sure is strong,but not SSG or Beerus level strong.Then again.Trunks has shown us that someone doesn't need to be God level in order to be relevant.

Nevertheless,I sure am hyped to see Piccolo get some good fights in the new arc,along with my boy Gohan!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:01 pm

MyNiggaGoku wrote:I wonder,will Goku actually fight Black in the manga or is the rematch reserved for Vegeta before Merged Zamasu eventually appears?
The last chapter built up Vegeta's rematch so it doesn't look like it.

I'm amazed at how different the manga is compared to the anime. there were some differences between them for the Champa arc but it's a lot bigger here. I can't wait to see how to tournament will turn out in he manga compared to the anime.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:11 pm

Beyond wrote:Goku still got greats feats, He made hit look like a punk. He was toying with Frost. He gave Beerus a good fight. Vegeta got 3 ez wins that buu could have gotten.
your exaggerating man, the fight did not ruin Piccolo,I'm siding my with myniggagoku piccolo is not god tier, and his character is still the same in the manga and anime, is not like he did a ooc moment but I'm looking forward to seeing him in the next arc,let's be real the dbs ROF screw piccolo way worse than the manga
    and poor trunks,he is basically the biggest punching bag here,I'm hoping he gets a win against ft zamasu in chapter 22
    Mostly active on discord.

MyNiggaGoku
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:15 pm

sintzu wrote:
    MyNiggaGoku wrote:I wonder,will Goku actually fight Black in the manga or is the rematch reserved for Vegeta before Merged Zamasu eventually appears?
    The last chapter built up Vegeta's rematch so it doesn't look like it.

I'm amazed at how different the manga is compared to the anime. there were some differences between them for the Champa arc but it's a lot bigger here. I can't wait to see how to tournament will turn out in he manga compared to the anime.
    I am glad the manga has some differences from the anime.If it was a shameless copy of the anime,then it would be hella boring & not even worth checking out ( maybe only for the good art ),but Toyo is doing an excellent job at keeping me invested in a story I've already seen.

MyNiggaGoku
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:19 pm

The gr wrote:
    your exaggerating man, the fight did not ruin Piccolo,I'm siding my with myniggagoku piccolo is not god tier, and his character is still the same in the manga and anime, is not like he did a ooc moment but I'm looking forward to seeing him in the next arc,let's be real the dbs ROF screw piccolo way worse than the manga
      and poor trunks,he is basically the biggest punching bag here,I'm hoping he gets a win against ft zamasu in chapter 22
      Trunks lost pretty badly against Black twice,but I think 3rd time's the charm for him.I am pretty sure he will kick some Zamasu ass in the closing chapters of the arc.

Beyond
      Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:58 pm

The gr wrote:
        I never thought he was god tier. I don't think Frost is any where near god tier, especially in the manga. He wasn't even worthy of the poison needle in the manga. Frost just used it because of plot. He also called himself Piccolo daimao and not a namekian. He isn't daimao he is the nameless namek.

The gr
        I Live Here

Post by The gr » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:19 pm

Beyond wrote:
        The gr wrote:
          I never thought he was god tier. I don't think Frost is any where near god tier, especially in the manga. He wasn't even worthy of the poison needle in the manga. Frost just used it because of plot. He also called himself Piccolo daimao and not a namekian. He isn't daimao he is the nameless namek.
          first frost use needle because his stamina was dropping and he couldn't hit Piccolo, second well he just explaining his heritage and that's all , that really don't go against his character,has there been a scene about Piccolo doubting his daimao family presence, but I'll agree the anime gave Piccolo a better fight
          Mostly active on discord.

MyNiggaGoku
          Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:37 am

The gr wrote:
          Beyond wrote:
          The gr wrote:your exaggerating man, the fight did not ruin Piccolo,I'm siding my with myniggagoku piccolo is not god tier, and his character is still the same in the manga and anime, is not like he did a ooc moment but I'm looking forward to seeing him in the next arc,let's be real the dbs ROF screw piccolo way worse than the manga
            first frost use needle because his stamina was dropping and he couldn't hit Piccolo, second well he just explaining his heritage and that's all , that really don't go against his character,has there been a scene about Piccolo doubting his daimao family presence, but I'll agree the anime gave Piccolo a better fight
            I honestly think the anime's fight is plain stupid.Piccolo charging an attack sure to kill his opponent made him look like a fool.Actually,I think both Piccolo fights are not so good but if I had to choose 1,I would go with the manga's because logic.

TheUltimateNinja
            I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:42 am

MyNiggaGoku wrote: I honestly think the anime's fight is plain stupid.Piccolo charging an attack sure to kill his opponent made him look like a fool.Actually,I think both Piccolo fights are not so good but if I had to choose 1,I would go with the manga's because logic.
            Not really, Frost would easily survive a hole in the chest, it'd just incapacitate him for a little while.

MyNiggaGoku
            Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:55 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
            MyNiggaGoku wrote: I honestly think the anime's fight is plain stupid.Piccolo charging an attack sure to kill his opponent made him look like a fool.Actually,I think both Piccolo fights are not so good but if I had to choose 1,I would go with the manga's because logic.
            Not really, Frost would easily survive a hole in the chest, it'd just incapacitate him for a little while.
            Would he? Such move would probably prove fatal for Frost.Either way,Piccolo's treatment was abysmal.

TheUltimateNinja
            I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:57 am

MyNiggaGoku wrote:
            TheUltimateNinja wrote:
            Would he? Such move would probably prove fatal for Frost.Either way,Piccolo's treatment was abysmal.
            He's of the same species as Freeza, and Freeza survived having most of his body sliced off and then took a Kamehameha from Goku and withstood Namek's explosion.

MyNiggaGoku
            Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:25 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
            MyNiggaGoku wrote:
            TheUltimateNinja wrote: Not really, Frost would easily survive a hole in the chest, it'd just incapacitate him for a little while.
            He's of the same species as Freeza, and Freeza survived having most of his body sliced off and then took a Kamehameha from Goku and withstood Namek's explosion.
            I can see your point.However,Piccolo knows the destructive capabilities of his Makankosappo and I just can't believe a fighter of his intellect would actually risk getting disqualified due to killing his opponent.The chances for Frost getting killed or surviving are about equal,nothing is certain.

SansrivaaL
            I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:37 am

For a main character, my boi Goku loses quite a lot, well at least the way he loses arent that bad.

MyNiggaGoku
            Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:48 am

SansrivaaL wrote:For a main character, my boi Goku loses quite a lot, well at least the way he loses arent that bad.
            In terms of raw power he should have won most of the fights he lost.He mainly lost due to specific reasons(poison needle or getting paralyzed)

SansrivaaL
            I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:50 am

MyNiggaGoku wrote:
            SansrivaaL wrote:For a main character, my boi Goku loses quite a lot, well at least the way he loses arent that bad.
            In terms of raw power he should have won most of the fights he lost.He mainly lost due to specific reasons(poison needle or getting paralyzed)
            True, but a loss is still a loss sadly, what we can only take from it is "he would have won" fck them reasons.

MyNiggaGoku
            Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MyNiggaGoku » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:55 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
            MyNiggaGoku wrote:
            True, but a loss is still a loss sadly, what we can only take from it is "he would have won" fck them reasons.
            I like it when battles are not decided on raw power though.It makes them more interesting when techniques & abilities complement 2 clashing powers.