U7's training for the Universal Tournament

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: U7's training for the Universal Tournament

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:15 pm

Kishido wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Beyond wrote: He won't. Saiyans need god ki to become god tier anyway
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Say hi
Yeah but no one, not even TOEI, knows what the blue aura which exactly looked like god ki really was
We know it wasn't god ki, nobody mentioned it, hell no one cared to even name it anything much less acknowledge it's very existence..
If it wasn't for external media we wouldn't even know it was because of rage not god ki
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:27 pm

Everybody is a winner.. He's a winner..you're a winner.. everybody wins!

Besides Gohan reaching god level I hope nobody else reaches it to be honest. In fact I hope ssjblue stays around for a while and they develop other means of power ups without fucking transforming. For the love of God no more please. Remember when we had a nice grey area between ssj and ssj2?

I love the fact Vegeta never went ss3 and is just as strong for example.

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:33 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Kishido wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Say hi
Yeah but no one, not even TOEI, knows what the blue aura which exactly looked like god ki really was
We know it wasn't god ki, nobody mentioned it, hell no one cared to even name it anything much less acknowledge it's very existence..
If it wasn't for external media we wouldn't even know it was because of rage not god ki
That's not going to happen to Gohan. Trunks basically exists to sell dokkan battle/ dragon ball heores cards more than to be a character at this point. Trunks has been that guy for a while. Ikari is best forgotten about.

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:37 pm

MagmonKai wrote:
DSB wrote:
YajirobiTheGreat wrote:They have six wishes with the Dragon Balls (including Namek), Bulma and her fathers scientific expertise, the Old Kai to unlock potential, Whis, King Kai, Zuno, and the ROSAT. That gives them a lot of resources to work with. But, I imagine that they will use little of it effectively.

I imagine that they will just do mostly conventional training, with the exceptions of Goku, Vegeta, and possibly Gohan.

They should however have Piccolo look into Super Namekian Gods, including Zuno to figure out the secrets. Have Gohan, Goten, and Trunks train with Whis and try to unlock Super Saiyan God. See if any Human God form is possible by asking Zuno, and if not have all of the humans get their potential unlocked, then learn the Kaioken, then train with Whis. With a few days left use the Dragon Balls to wish for power ups, and finally everyone should train in the ROSAT for at least a year afterwards.

Oh sure .. Lets have Saiyan Gods . Then Namekian Gods .. Then Lets come up with Human Gods ...

Hell , why you no make the Freeza race and the Androids Gods too ???

I agree. Everybody wants all the characters to be God Tier. They can't. Just accept the fact that Goku and the rest of the saiyans now are out of reach for the rest of the cast. I like it this way. The creator of the show just needs to invent other smaller threats for them to deal with. Leave the big issues to your top most capable warriors.
This. Just showing everyone training will be enough. Everybody all of a sudden getting a new form out of the blue would be unnecessary. Other universes will have lower tier fighters to be paired up with krillin and tien. When teams are introduced, so are hierarchies of power between those teammates. I don't expect everyone at the tournament to be god tier. Nor should they. We do need antagonist for future arcs right?

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:38 pm

MagmonKai wrote:
DSB wrote:
YajirobiTheGreat wrote:They have six wishes with the Dragon Balls (including Namek), Bulma and her fathers scientific expertise, the Old Kai to unlock potential, Whis, King Kai, Zuno, and the ROSAT. That gives them a lot of resources to work with. But, I imagine that they will use little of it effectively.

I imagine that they will just do mostly conventional training, with the exceptions of Goku, Vegeta, and possibly Gohan.

They should however have Piccolo look into Super Namekian Gods, including Zuno to figure out the secrets. Have Gohan, Goten, and Trunks train with Whis and try to unlock Super Saiyan God. See if any Human God form is possible by asking Zuno, and if not have all of the humans get their potential unlocked, then learn the Kaioken, then train with Whis. With a few days left use the Dragon Balls to wish for power ups, and finally everyone should train in the ROSAT for at least a year afterwards.

Oh sure .. Lets have Saiyan Gods . Then Namekian Gods .. Then Lets come up with Human Gods ...

Hell , why you no make the Freeza race and the Androids Gods too ???

I agree. Everybody wants all the characters to be God Tier. They can't. Just accept the fact that Goku and the rest of the saiyans now are out of reach for the rest of the cast. I like it this way. The creator of the show just needs to invent other smaller threats for them to deal with. Leave the big issues to your top most capable warriors.
Most people do not like how it is currently and want the others to get stronger somehow.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:00 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Kishido wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Say hi
LOL no one mentioned anything about the form at all... So this doesn't says something at all.

Point is he became god level, somehow was able to sense finally god ki like the Vegito he mentioned and his aura looked exactly like god aura... Even while yellow outside while blue inside.

But this is me ranting about the asspull form more than seriously discussing the thing. I still try to forget it

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:57 pm

julianix wrote:Everybody is a winner.. He's a winner..you're a winner.. everybody wins!

Besides Gohan reaching god level I hope nobody else reaches it to be honest. In fact I hope ssjblue stays around for a while and they develop other means of power ups without fucking transforming. For the love of God no more please. Remember when we had a nice grey area between ssj and ssj2?

Why does Gohan need to be on a GoD tier? He doesn't even enjoy fighting! Goku and Vegeta and those that enjoy fighting should reach that level of power. Because they desire it. Gohan only cares about his "studies"...damn you chichi...

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:01 pm

MagmonKai wrote:
julianix wrote:Everybody is a winner.. He's a winner..you're a winner.. everybody wins!

Why does Gohan need to be on a GoD tier? He doesn't even enjoy fighting! Goku and Vegeta and those that enjoy fighting should reach that level of power. Because they desire it. Gohan only cares about his "studies"...damn you chichi...
Cuz this time things are just that bad that the whole universe can be erased if he loses... or should he trust his father again and do nothing

He knows his potential and he begins to understand he needs to get it back for this

Beyond
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Beyond » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:03 pm

Kishido wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:

Cuz this time things are just that bad that the whole universe can be erased if he loses... or should he trust his father again and do nothing

He knows his potential and he begins to understand he needs to get it back for this
He's definitely being sarcastic.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:04 pm

Gohan won't be getting GOD powers. At least I hope he doesn't. It cheapens the accomplishments that Goku and Vegeta have made in the last few years. He should just get his "mystic" powers back which should be more than ample to deal with most foes in the Multi-verse.

incarnati0n
Beyond Newbie

Post by incarnati0n » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:07 pm

MagmonKai wrote:Gohan won't be getting GOD powers. At least I hope he doesn't. It cheapens the accomplishments that Goku and Vegeta have made in the last few years. He should just get his "mystic" powers back which should be more than ample to deal with most foes in the Multi-verse.
Vegeta got god ki from training for 1 year. Is it that much of a stretch that Gohan who is established to have more potential than everyone else to get it in a smaller time period than that?

EDIT- Less than a year, they were already pretty used to Blue by the time they fought Frieza and Vegeta probably was already familiarized with God ki before he even got the tranformation.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:11 pm

I'm actually totally ok with Gohan obtaining his Mystic form back; have a +power up afterwards, but still not be god tier. And by power up I don't mean transforming.

That way Gohan climbs the ranks, Is redeemed to an extent and doesn't diminish what Goku and Vegeta have accomplished.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:29 pm

MagmonKai wrote:Gohan won't be getting GOD powers. At least I hope he doesn't. It cheapens the accomplishments that Goku and Vegeta have made in the last few years. He should just get his "mystic" powers back which should be more than ample to deal with most foes in the Multi-verse.
Cheapened it? It's already been cheapened
Vegeta in six month achieved ssjb through sheer training
Freeza went from untrained ssj tier to be stronger than ssjb in four months.
Let's not forget a guy named trunks who was ssj2 tier at best to be able trade blows with ssjb tiers with a form not even explain in a few days!
So gohan being god tier shouldn't be some forbidden rule here.
Edit:especially when vegeta mentions in u6 saga that gohan has the most potential outta of him and goku.