Super's Manga vs Super's Anime Discussion

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Super's Manga vs Super's Anime Discussion

Post by Pannaliciour » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:14 am

sintzu wrote:
Meshack wrote:Honestly, if Toyotarou was given a month’s worth of pages for chapters since the beginning, the manga would be 100% better than the anime.
Looking at the champs and trunks arcs and what little we've seen of the current one, I think he's far surpassed the anime at this point.
Sorry to say this but thats bullshitt. Beerus, Hit and the Trunks arc are better in the anime. And you saying about the TOP arc (manga) that just begun already been better then anime (far from over) proves you hate the anime.

Lets see if the manga can do better then episode 109 & 110 (the best episode in history of dragon ball) and yesterdays episode 116. The manga ia great but there is no way it can give you the same feeling as the impact of the anime. No way.
Last edited by Pannaliciour on Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:17 am

Pannaliciour wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Meshack wrote:Honestly, if Toyotarou was given a month’s worth of pages for chapters since the beginning, the manga would be 100% better than the anime.
Looking at the champs and trunks arcs and what little we've seen of the current one, I think he's far surpassed the anime at this point.
Sorry to say this but thats bullshitt. Beerus, Hit and the Trunks arc are better in the anime. And you saying about the TOP arc (manga) that just begun already been better then anime (far from over) proves you hate the anime.

Lets see if the manga can do better then episode 109 & 110 (the best episode of history of dragon ball) and yesterdays episode 116. The manga ia great but there is no way it can give you the same feeling as the impact of the anime. No way.
Though I'm not the biggest fan of the manga, saying it can't have the same impact as the anime is also pretty fanboyish. :lol:

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:19 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:
sintzu wrote:

Lets see if the manga can do better then episode 109 & 110 (the best episode of history of dragon ball) and yesterdays episode 116. The manga ia great but there is no way it can give you the same feeling as the impact of the anime. No way.
Though I'm not the biggest fan of the manga, saying it can't have the same impact as the anime is also pretty fanboyish. :lol:
Its a drawing on the paper. Ask 100 people to rewatch ssj goku for the first time on youtube to be the anime or the manga. 99 people will say anime (common sense)

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:30 am

Pannaliciour wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:

Its a drawing on the paper. Ask 100 people to rewatch ssj goku for the first time on youtube to be the anime or the manga. 99 people will say anime (common sense)
So your making your argument based on the fact that anime because it is a visual and sound medium while the manga is simply a visual medium?

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:36 am

So they mentioned Buu's healing abilities...
They did a wonderful job with Freeza, but I still believe they threw him in only because they can't handle a character like Majin Buu. He has everything.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:46 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:
JazzMazz wrote: Though I'm not the biggest fan of the manga, saying it can't have the same impact as the anime is also pretty fanboyish. :lol:
So your making your argument based on the fact that anime because it is a visual and sound medium while the manga is simply a visual medium?
Yes if we are talking about the impact. How can a transformation be better on a paper than on tv?

Look the problem is, if for example Jiren drinks tea in the anime but in the manga he is drinking a cola zero. People will react like this: the manga is way better, Toyo did a great job! Me like: The story is the same, the creator of the serie is the same the characters are the same. Whats so damm far better then the anime? Just dont say stuf like the overall its far better then the anime when its actually the same. Some minor differences but in the end its the same.

The regular fights were better in the manga however, the final fights are better in the anime. I always sad this. Now the anime also is doing a great job on the regular fights.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:43 am

Pannaliciour wrote:Yes if we are talking about the impact. How can a transformation be better on a paper than on tv?

Look the problem is, if for example Jiren drinks tea in the anime but in the manga he is drinking a cola zero. People will react like this: the manga is way better, Toyo did a great job! Me like: The story is the same, the creator of the serie is the same the characters are the same. Whats so damm far better then the anime? Just dont say stuf like the overall its far better then the anime when its actually the same. Some minor differences but in the end its the same.

The regular fights were better in the manga however, the final fights are better in the anime. I always sad this. Now the anime also is doing a great job on the regular fights.
The same way books can be better than movies. The same way fight's in the manga might be better than the anime, like you corroborated. If something might be better on TV then the same applies to everything, not just transformations since the supposed advantage will always be present.

Until the U6 tournament arguably there's some minor differences, which are very well enough to have someone enjoy one version much more than the other. The Future Trunks Arc has significant differences. You wrote that the characters are the same; the most talked point about the Future Trunks Arc is how Goku Black isn't the same in both versions. The most talked point so far of the Tournament of Power Arc is how different Jiren is.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:49 am

Pannaliciour wrote:Sorry to say this but thats bullshitt.

You saying about the TOP arc (manga) that just begun already been better then anime (far from over) proves you hate the anime.

Lets see if the manga can do better then episode 109 & 110 (the best episode in history of dragon ball) and yesterdays episode 116.

The manga ia great but there is no way it can give you the same feeling as the impact of the anime. No way.
I could say that about you liking the anime more. Just because I like the manga more doesn't mean my (and anyone else who also does) opinion is bullsh*t.

It proves that I prefer the manga up to this point as in up to Goku going to get 17. Weather the tournament itself is better remains to be seen but if I had to guess I'd say it will be. Could I be wrong ? sure and I'll admit it if I am. Just because I like the manga more doesn't mean I hate the anime cause if I did I wouldn't still be watching it.

All 3 were good but faaaaaaaaaar from DB's best, weather we're talking in comparison to the original 2 anime or Super's manga counterpart.

Super's manga feels a lot more like the DB I'm used to from the original than the anime ever did.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:48 am

sintzu wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Sorry to say this but thats bullshitt.

You saying about the TOP arc (manga) that just begun already been better then anime (far from over) proves you hate the anime.

Lets see if the manga can do better then episode 109 & 110 (the best episode in history of dragon ball) and yesterdays episode 116.

The manga ia great but there is no way it can give you the same feeling as the impact of the anime. No way.
I could say that about you liking the anime more. Just because I like the manga more doesn't mean my (and anyone else who also does) opinion is bullsh*t.

It proves that I prefer the manga up to this point as in up to Goku going to get 17. Weather the tournament itself is better remains to be seen but if I had to guess I'd say it will be. Could I be wrong ? sure and I'll admit it if I am. Just because I like the manga more doesn't mean I hate the anime cause if I did I wouldn't still be watching it.

All 3 were good but faaaaaaaaaar from DB's best, weather we're talking in comparison to the original 2 anime or Super's manga counterpart.

Super's manga feels a lot more like the DB I'm used to from the original than the anime ever did.
*Whether, not weather.

I feel like the manga has done fights better than the anime. About Gokuh transforming into Super Saiyan, Toei literally added effects that wasn’t present in the manga like the lightning and destruction of the planet as Gokuh was transforming

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:10 pm

Meshack wrote: *Whether, not weather.
I think I've been using weather for the past 10 years or so and no one's ever corrected it.

Thank you. :thumbup:

I do agree that the original anime improved on things such as transformations.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:20 pm

sintzu wrote:
Meshack wrote: *Whether, not weather.
I think I've been using weather for the past 10 years or so and no one's ever corrected it.

Thank you. :thumbup:

I do agree that the original anime improved on things such as transformations.
Weather is for... the weather like sunny days, rainy days, and others. No problem. I try to help as much as I can

I feel like Toriyama just wanted these transformations to he spontaneous and nothing too dramatic. Not saying what Toei did was bad. It was cool. I like the Resurrection F Future Trunks Special version of Gokuh transforming

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:39 pm

Hey uh where the comparison,did people forgot the purpose of this :eh: i will start with this one
The introduction of the universe survival saga
The anime just win at having a better introduction,no drawn out battle,no terrible joke and the scene with goku and beerus was quite intense,so the anime just win this one
    The introduction of the other universes
    The manga did a much better job showing the other universe and the panel with all the god being shown was well drawn and belmod was just awesome in his introduction and i liked how rumosh bring up zamas so the manga gets a point here,not to say the anime did a bad job here,introducing the trio de danger was neat, the art however looked off when they showcased the other gods.
      I will tackle the exhibition later on.
      Last edited by The gr on Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
      Mostly active on discord.

emperior
      I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:40 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:So they mentioned Buu's healing abilities...
      They did a wonderful job with Freeza, but I still believe they threw him in only because they can't handle a character like Majin Buu. He has everything.
      Buu is way too OP. How could they throw him out of the ring if he can reform his body from super tiny pieces? That coupled with healing abilities and his OP learning curve means Buu will keep getting sidelined.
      悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Meshack
      OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:58 pm

emperior wrote:
      Buu is way too OP. How could they throw him out of the ring if he can reform his body from super tiny pieces? That coupled with healing abilities and his OP learning curve means Buu will keep getting sidelined.
      Plus, Boo has a temper. If he lost it, he would have killed someone

JazzMazz
      I Live Here

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:45 pm

emperior wrote:
      Um, with a really big blast.

Seriously, I think people are over-estimating how powerful Buu is. Its true he would be extremely useful in a fight, but as soon as he comes up against someone stronger than himself with intent to knock him out, all it would take is a single big ki blast and his out of the ring.

Rebel Instinct
      Beyond Newbie

Post by Rebel Instinct » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:05 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
      emperior wrote:
      Um, with a really big blast.

Seriously, I think people are over-estimating how powerful Buu is. Its true he would be extremely useful in a fight, but as soon as he comes up against someone stronger than himself with intent to knock him out, all it would take is a single big ki blast and his out of the ring.
      Honestly, Buu could easily be taken out just like Maji Kayo. He'd pose a significant threat to most of the combatants, but if Buu really started causing a ruckus, Jiren could intervene and "one punch" him offstage.
      The post-Super fandom has ruined my love for Dragon Ball.

The gr
      I Live Here

Post by The gr » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:31 pm

The exhibition match
        The anime tried to develop U9 sadly they had a bad conclusion meanwhile the manga tried to show the god,some were good other did nothing in term of abilty,let's compare the content.
          Let's start with the anime.Buu vs basil was ok in spite of having another generic "That's my bulma moment" and the battle wasn't that great until tate kick in with his awesome style,seeing buu fight is always a threat .
            Gohan vs lavender was no doubt the best match,not because i'm a gohan fan or anything because how well directed it was and the element of strategy were also good,easily the best battle in super.
              Lastly goku vs bergamo,honestly upon seeing it again,it was quite dull compared to other two,aside from the beam struggle and the first 30 second the rest was just forgettable,a very dissapointing final match.
                The manga went with god rumble,the moving without thinking was cool,the abilties were neat and it really felt chaotic like a battle royale,sadly the match just ended with no proper conclusion,it wasn't bad by any mean,is just ended like that and some of the other gods did nothing impressive,i'm looking at you iwen,geene and arak.
                  Overall both did well with the exhibition,both have strength and weakness if i were to choose i will go for the anime mostly because of gohan vs lavender.So the anime wins.
                    Next up goku vs toppo.
                    Mostly active on discord.

Avenant
                    Beyond Newbie

Post by Avenant » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:06 pm

Pannaliciour wrote:
                    sintzu wrote:

Lets see if the manga can do better then episode 109 & 110 (the best episode in history of dragon ball) and yesterdays episode 116. The manga ia great but there is no way it can give you the same feeling as the impact of the anime. No way.
                    A little too absolute, don't you think? Your opinion isn't a basis of fact. I wholeheartedly prefer the manga.

"Tell me, is it slavery if you get what you want?"

supersaiyanZero
                    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by supersaiyanZero » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:27 am

Avenant wrote:
                    Pannaliciour wrote:
                    sintzu wrote:

A little too absolute, don't you think? Your opinion isn't a basis of fact. I wholeheartedly prefer the manga.

That's a good point, but one is objectively written better than the other. The manga (with its own faults) is so ahead of it's anime counterpart in that department that it's utterly embarrassing.

Ki Breaker
                    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:09 am

sintzu wrote: I think I've been using weather for the past 10 years or so and no one's ever corrected it.
                    Holy shit seriously
                    Buu is too broken, as long as he remains such he is destined to be forever sidelined..
                    The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker