Which character will Super bring back next?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Which character will Super bring back next?

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:10 pm

One of the things I like about Dragon Ball Super is that it's sort of done the opposite of Dragon Ball Z. That show kinda threw away characters over time to the point they were sorta forgotten whereas Dragon Ball Super (or the movies) have been back someone in each saga.

Battle of Gods - Brought back the Pilaf Gang.

Resurrection F - Brought back Frieza. The anime version brought back Captain Ginyu. It even somewhat brought back Jaco.

Universe 6 - Brought back Supreme Kai and Kibito as separate characters.

Future Trunks - Brought back one of the most popular characters, Future Trunks.

Universe Survival - Brought back Android 17.

So whose next? Bardock? They've brought him back in a big way in the games lately, he's always be a popular character for some reason so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he were to eventually show up in Super one day.

Maybe Raditz? Launch? Cell? Android 16? Who deserves to come back?

precita
Banned

Re: Which character will Super bring back next?

Post by precita » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:29 pm

Zamasu arc also brought back Vegito. Also Yajirobe to a lesser extent.

We also saw the return of Arale, Great Saiyaman, the birth of Bra, the return of Baba (as well as images of all past villains like Cell, Dabura, etc.), and the return of Yamcha playing baseball. In fact nearly all of Super is nostalgia based outside the new stuff like the Gods.

I wouldn't be surprised if Launch gets a background cameo at some point even if she doesn't speak. But I expect the return of the tournament announcer guy with the blonde hair next.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:34 pm

Launch is the one I want to see return the most.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:44 pm

Bringing back Bardock,Raditz,Cell for what?? Hey Goku we are back can we become fiends or Goku my son why did it take so long to bring me
back :roll: Please NO

Frieza was the only one and the rest was not dead so it makes sense to bring them back..Frieza was only planned for the movie but they
decided to bring them in the series for the audience who has not seen the movie....But i can definitely see Lunch coming back or Zamasu
maybe he is not dead because of his immortality

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:57 pm

I still holding out for Lunch. Why has she been so absent from Dragon Ball for so long? I mean, even freaking Arale and the Dr Slump gang returned to Super before she has.

It's so damn sad. :cry:

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:07 pm

Gohan.

I hope.

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:10 pm

Bullza wrote:One of the things I like about Dragon Ball Super is that it's sort of done the opposite of Dragon Ball Z. That show kinda threw away characters over time to the point they were sorta forgotten whereas Dragon Ball Super (or the movies) have been back someone in each saga.

Battle of Gods - Brought back the Pilaf Gang.

Resurrection F - Brought back Frieza. The anime version brought back Captain Ginyu. It even somewhat brought back Jaco.

Universe 6 - Brought back Supreme Kai and Kibito as separate characters.

Future Trunks - Brought back one of the most popular characters, Future Trunks.

Universe Survival - Brought back Android 17.

So whose next? Bardock? They've brought him back in a big way in the games lately, he's always be a popular character for some reason so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he were to eventually show up in Super one day.

Maybe Raditz? Launch? Cell? Android 16? Who deserves to come back?
The only one that makes sense is Launch as a comeo or something the others you listed wouldn't make sense at all since they're dead and would be irrelevant anyway.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:11 pm

Bring back Mah Boi Burter! :lol:

I would like to see them use the Super Dragon Balls to wish back Planet Vegeta and the U7 Saiyans some time. Vegeta is pretty much proof they can be redeemed. Bardock's been so overexposed that I'm a little sick of seeing him, but he would probably come as part of the package.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:16 pm

precita wrote:But I expect the return of the tournament announcer guy with the blonde hair next.
I miss that tournament announcer... I was hoping they'd bring him in for this arc.

I'd enjoy Raditz coming back, just to expand upon him a bit. And maybe just some fun antics with Goku forgetting about him or somthing
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:29 pm

Vegito and Arale of course, it completely slipped my mind that they brought those back too.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:48 pm

Chuquita wrote:Launch is the one I want to see return the most.
I'd love to see Lunch again. I always liked how in OG DB, she sort of had that older sister relationship with Goku. Even Bad Lunch had a good moment with Goku when he was about to miss his fight with Pamput in the anime.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

TheGreatSaiyaman
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGreatSaiyaman » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:27 pm

precita wrote:Zamasu arc also brought back Vegito. Also Yajirobe to a lesser extent.

We also saw the return of Arale, Great Saiyaman, the birth of Bra, the return of Baba (as well as images of all past villains like Cell, Dabura, etc.), and the return of Yamcha playing baseball. In fact nearly all of Super is nostalgia based outside the new stuff like the Gods.

I wouldn't be surprised if Launch gets a background cameo at some point even if she doesn't speak. But I expect the return of the tournament announcer guy with the blonde hair next.
Bring back the announcer guy with the blonde hair, he was awesome! No-one could ever get a Martial Arts Tournament as hyped up as he could :lol:

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Bring back my boy, Tao!!!

Colgatetoothpasteyum

Post by Colgatetoothpasteyum » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:07 pm

I NEED more Launch

Pilaf coming back was still one of my favorite things about modern Dragon Ball

Valerius Dover

Post by Valerius Dover » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:35 pm

I know I'm echoing here, but the first one that came to mind would be Launch. With all those fun filler episodes happening occasionally, it'd be great to see her make a return! :D
And with all those Tournaments going on, we really need the best announcer of them all.
Now available on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/ValeriusDover

The Internet summed up in four words.
"This sucks. Make more."

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:16 am

If super goes on long enough, freeza will again return, not in the official story ( I hope ) but in the filler arcs, they will do this until freeza is destroyed beyond repair as a character..

As for others cell might, he is absolute shit even worse than golden freeza for me but Many like him, so there's that, his return he will surpass gohan and that will take Gohan's only main kill achievement away, of course gohan will be studying and getting his ass kicked by him as well to add to the salt..
I legitimately can see this happen, specifically if it's toie special.. they can do one thing with 100℅ accuracy, get everything to shit
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:39 am

I think Bardock will be back sooner or later.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TekTheNinja

Post by TekTheNinja » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:43 pm

What I want most but totally won't happen: Raditz or Nappa

What I want that's actually feasible: Launch, Bardock, or Gine.

What I don't want: Cell, Tagoma, Kid Buu (since not only would that suck, but it also would make no sense)

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:57 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:If super goes on long enough, freeza will again return, not in the official story ( I hope ) but in the filler arcs, they will do this until freeza is destroyed beyond repair as a character..

As for others cell might, he is absolute shit even worse than golden freeza for me but Many like him, so there's that, his return he will surpass gohan and that will take Gohan's only main kill achievement away, of course gohan will be studying and getting his ass kicked by him as well to add to the salt..
I legitimately can see this happen, specifically if it's toie special.. they can do one thing with 100℅ accuracy, get everything to shit
It not gonna happened guys cell ain't coming back nor will they bring freeza back.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:14 pm

I wanna see Grandpa Gohan back :D
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote: