the proof that the grand priest is the real god

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

gohan_black
Beyond Newbie

the proof that the grand priest is the real god

Post by gohan_black » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:12 pm

wasent it wierd that the 2 zeno's wanted the match to continue but the grand priest stop the much with his own will. he himeself defy the zeno's after he claimed that everything they do and say is golden. suddnely hes worried that goku or toppo would die after he said there are no rules nd that the losing universes would be erased. why would he care about them? hes willing to destroy entire universes with trilions of people. think a second. when dragon ball has not been predictable? zamasu. everyone knew from the start that hes evil and everyone were right. you think that dragon ball which is basiclly the safest anime out there. basiclly pokemon for older audiences. when did they do something ''out of the box''??

this is alone the proof that hes evil

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: the proof that the grand priest is the real god

Post by Asura » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:23 pm

I don't really subscribe to the "Grand Priest is evil and hatching a sinister plot" narrative. He's basically just a glorified babysitter and probably thought it would be more entertaining for Zeno if they fought during the actual tournament. What if either Goku or Toppo died during that little match? Tournament sure would be a lot more boring without one of them around. He's just a babysitter looking out for his baby god...things.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:52 pm

Asura wrote:I don't really subscribe to the "Grand Priest is evil and hatching a sinister plot" narrative. He's basically just a glorified babysitter and probably thought it would be more entertaining for Zeno if they fought during the actual tournament. What if either Goku or Toppo died during that little match? Tournament sure would be a lot more boring without one of them around. He's just a babysitter looking out for his baby god...things.
Yeah seriously this, this is gonna be a big tournament arc nothing else lol.

Why do people seriously want the plot of this arc to be more than just a tournament arc and to be some super sinister complex plot arc?

We just had a arc that tried to be super complex with its plot and LOOK at how that turned out :? :oops:

:wtf: is all can be said about the last arc that tried to be complex with its plot.

Keep the plot simple and just a tournament you all be we grateful we don't get another future trunks arc ending.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:41 pm

Nothing, I mean nothing, has indicated that the great priest is anything but a glorified godly baby sitter. I do however think there's someone other than him out there calling the shots who will meet later in the series.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:13 pm

Anyone that thinks Zeno is the main guy is delusional..

The grand priest may or may not be bad.. It won't matter. The real guy calling the shots hasn't appeared get. Although it would be good for the grand priest to be manipulating Zeno. I mean they're two infant morons.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:17 pm

I can take so many shots of Goku and say he is evil. Seriously though, just because someone smiles or has a funny reaction does not mean they are evil.
Last edited by Sodhi on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:20 pm

Even if Daishinkan is running the show, nothing really indicates he's above Zen'o at all.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Asura

Post by Asura » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:22 pm

Sodhi wrote:I can take so many shots of Goku and say he is evil. Seriously though, just because someone smiles or have a funny reaction does not mean they are evil.
Right, it's all about actions. Nothing of what the Grand Priest has done so far can be considered leaning towards the evil side. Goku's actions on the other hand...

Dai-Saiyajin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai-Saiyajin » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:58 pm

(Headcanon/Fanfiction mode = ON)

I really don't believe Daishinkan is evil, he is simply neutral, as his children, and he acts as supervisor of Zeno. I also think that he is indeed more powerful than Zeno (and everyone else) and that there are other four Shinkans who made the top 5 strongest of All. There are problably a Godly Universe, from where he and the angels come from, since Whis stated he came from "that side".

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:40 am

ChaosLordBrandon wrote:
Asura wrote:I don't really subscribe to the "Grand Priest is evil and hatching a sinister plot" narrative. He's basically just a glorified babysitter and probably thought it would be more entertaining for Zeno if they fought during the actual tournament. What if either Goku or Toppo died during that little match? Tournament sure would be a lot more boring without one of them around. He's just a babysitter looking out for his baby god...things.

Why do people seriously want the plot of this arc to be more than just a tournament arc and to be some super sinister complex plot arc?

We just had a arc that tried to be super complex with its plot and LOOK at how that turned out :? :oops:
It turned out to be one of the most phenomenal and mature arcs Dragon Ball has ever produced (the anime version at least).

But yeah I agree, I doubt this will be anything other then a big tournament arc.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:54 am

DHM211 wrote:
ChaosLordBrandon wrote:

It turned out to be one of the most phenomenal and mature arcs Dragon Ball has ever produced (the anime version at least).

But yeah I agree, I doubt this will be anything other then a big tournament arc.
I actually really like the Future Trunks arc a lot, and I would say Zamasu is the greatest db villain of all time along with Black, But plot of the tried to way be way different and complex and we got that insane episode 67.

And almost the entire opening takes place in the ring and I doubt they would do many this unique things for the tournament, only just to get rid of it for a fight the villain arc.

If you read the recent episode spoilers the next batch of episodes is just getting fighters for the tournament. way different than in the Buu arc, when it started every body just showed up there with Gohan.

This tournament is already the most unique tournament arc in db.

Asura

Post by Asura » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:59 pm

DHM211 wrote:
ChaosLordBrandon wrote:

No no, it started out as one of the most phenomenal (well, i dunno about the most phenomenal but I'll still roll with it) and mature arcs Dragon Ball has ever produced.

Then very quickly fell into the gutter towards the end. It's proof that a horrible ending can drag down an entire story.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:31 pm

Asura wrote:No no, it started out as one of the most phenomenal (well, i dunno about the most phenomenal but I'll still roll with it) and mature arcs Dragon Ball has ever produced.

Then very quickly fell into the gutter towards the end. It's proof that a horrible ending can drag down an entire story.
No, it's proof that you simply didn't like it. Nothing more than that.

Asura

Post by Asura » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:51 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote:
Asura wrote:No no, it started out as one of the most phenomenal (well, i dunno about the most phenomenal but I'll still roll with it) and mature arcs Dragon Ball has ever produced.

No, it's proof that you simply didn't like it. Nothing more than that.
But I did like it, up until the end that is.

It's not like my opinion is such a scarce minority either, the arc was extremely divisive with a lot of people sharing the same opinion as me, started strong, and then a horrible ending that ruined the arc.

Daisetsu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Daisetsu » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:39 am

julianix wrote:Anyone that thinks Zeno is the main guy is delusional..
Unless you have something to back that up, you are the one who is delusional and I suggest you quit claiming others as such.

As for the topic at hand... the Grand Priest is really just an adviser. He does and says what he thinks is best for Zeno's entertainment and they seem to agree with him. Also, Goku has shown an 'evil' look before (along with a voice similar to Black's) in this very arc, but he's still the same ol' fight-loving Goku.

Nguyenkim

Post by Nguyenkim » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:27 am

I don't care if him an evil or not. I just still don't know his real name!

Can anyone tell me this?

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:37 am

He seems like a father figure to Zeno, but I still don't think he outranks him in any regard.
:clap:

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:45 am

Asura wrote:But I did like it, up until the end that is.
Ergo, you didn't like it. Weren't you arguing that the ending ruined everything? Anyway, my point is that it isn't proof of anything.
Asura wrote:It's not like my opinion is such a scarce minority either,
So what?

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:42 am

Nguyenkim wrote:I don't care if him an evil or not. I just still don't know his real name!

Can anyone tell me this?
It has been yet to be revealed friend.

Asura

Post by Asura » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:54 am

Luso Saiyan wrote:
Asura wrote:But I did like it, up until the end that is.
Ergo, you didn't like it. Weren't you arguing that the ending ruined everything? Anyway, my point is that it isn't proof of anything.
Asura wrote:It's not like my opinion is such a scarce minority either,
So what?

I'm not really understanding your logic. Taste is obviously subjective. I'm not saying the arc was definitively shit and if you don't agree you're wrong, I'm simply saying the arc was very divisive and for the amount of people that liked it, there was an equal amount of people that also disliked it. Something that's so divisive and split on public opinion definitely isn't "the most phenomenal" anything.

I also don't really understand how ad populum is a logical fallacy, or rather, that wikipedia article's explanation is so vague that some of the stuff there can easily be considered falacy (ex. The majority of this country voted for this president; therefore, this president must, objectively, be a good President.) (also not being political that was literally just an example right off the article) while others are more vague.

But if I was to say to you "99% of people who have played the game "E.T." on Atari agree it is one of the worst games ever made". If only 1% of people enjoy it, and 99% dislike it, why would it be a logical fallacy to say "Ok, the VAST majority finds this game to be one of the worst games ever made, therefore although taste is subjective, the majority concurs it is a bad game."

That's not to say that's what's happening in this situation, but it sort of falls along the same lines. If 50% of people dislike it and 50% of people like it, then it can not be considered to be "the worst thing ever" or "the most phenomenal thing ever". The fact that there is no majority in this situation is the proof you're looking for that the arc is not great (although individually to you and others it may be). On the flip side, despite me disliking the arc, doesn't make it bad overall either in the court of public opinion. The mixed consensus would probably average out to just "OK." The point I was trying to make was it shouldn't be so hard to believe that I disliked the arc, because many others also disliked the arc. Something so widely divisive can't be perfect.
julianix wrote:Anyone that thinks Zeno is the main guy is delusional..

The grand priest may or may not be bad.. It won't matter. The real guy calling the shots hasn't appeared get. Although it would be good for the grand priest to be manipulating Zeno. I mean they're two infant morons.
Back on subject though, I'm not sure why you would call people delusional for not believing in proof that doesn't even exist yet. On what basis do you even have to say there's someone above Zeno if there hasn't even been the slightest implication of it yet?