Goku isn't stronger than a single God Of Destruction.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Goku isn't stronger than a single God Of Destruction.

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:24 am

I just thought I make this thread, just to say this, There has been way much focus place on the GoDs for Goku to be any better than any of them. And there has been way to much Goku over hyping and I have see people saying shit like Goku can defeat half like of the GoDs and is as strong as Beerus! despite the fact of Toriyama himself saying he zero plans on making Goku stronger than Beerus and there has not even been a single thing Goku has done to say he could even scratch any GoD, besides Beerus or Champa.

We have not even seen most of the GoDs say a single word or even throw a punch yet besides Beerus and Champa and people are saying shit like Goku can body any one of them.

There were simply surprised Goku had god ki in episode 81.

Is Beerus weaker than Freeza because he was surprised SSJ 1 Goku defeated him?

Is Goku weaker than Frost because Frost surprised him and made him sweat in their fight?

Is final form Namek arc Freeza weaker than Gohan because he had a surprised face when Gohan appeared before him?

Is Vegeta weaker than Magetta just because Magetta made him sweat and surprised him with the lava stuff?

Also if you say Goku is currently stronger than any GoD then that would mean that Hit,Toppo and Jiren would be to.

lol and there are four universes full of mortal warriors that won't even join in and will be in another arc and they have will 1000% have mortal warriors that are greater than Jiren, and there is the huge possibility when Goku wins the tournament he will use the SDBS to bring the 6 universes zeno destroyed back.

Toppo didn't give a shit when Goku went Blue in this episode (82) and not single god character did as well. They didn't even care when he went SSBKK to in this episode as well.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Goku isn't stronger than a single God Of Destruction.

Post by MagmonKai » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:57 am

Goku will at some point become stronger than Beerus, just not now. I suspect toward the end he will.

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:11 pm

You sound pretty adamant about this. Who are all these people saying Goku is stronger than half the gods? And if so, what makes them wrong? It's just a theory. Maybe he is, maybe he isn't. "Toriyama said..." and how long ago was that? At some point Goku will be stronger than Beerus. Goku wants it. Beerus wants it as a challenge, and it's been made quite clear that he's looking forward to either Goku or Vegeta becoming the next God of Destruction.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:19 pm

This sounds like a Youtube argument you brought over here.

ckal9
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ckal9 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:22 pm

MagmonKai wrote:Goku will at some point become stronger than Beerus, just not now. I suspect toward the end he will.
Goku will never become stronger than Beerus. Tori has basically confirmed that.

Simere wrote:This sounds like a Youtube argument you brought over here.
I haven't seen a single person say this. I think you're right.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:02 pm

That's really dumb. But also to be expected, people have a tendency to draw wild conclusions based on the smallest of hunches, often misguided ones. Kinda like arguing that SSj God is stronger than SSj Blue, on grounds of it being temporary.

Obviously, Goku most likely isn't up to par with any GoD.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:20 pm

ckal9 wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:Goku will at some point become stronger than Beerus, just not now. I suspect toward the end he will.
Goku will never become stronger than Beerus. Tori has basically confirmed that.

Simere wrote:This sounds like a Youtube argument you brought over here.
I haven't seen a single person say this. I think you're right.

Like Toriyama doesn't change his mind??? Like the Goku 6, Beerus 10 comment was retconned out of existence. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:27 pm

MagmonKai wrote:Like Toriyama doesn't change his mind??? Like the Goku 6, Beerus 10 comment was retconned out of existence. You have no idea what you're talking about.
What was "retconned?"

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:37 pm

Miracles wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:Like Toriyama doesn't change his mind??? Like the Goku 6, Beerus 10 comment was retconned out of existence. You have no idea what you're talking about.
What was "retconned?"
SSG Goku from BOG being near Beerus' strengh. In ROF, two SSGSS were needed to fight on par with him, despite SSG Goku being 70% of Beerus in BOG. In the anime version, Blue Kaioken x10 was weaker than Beerus as well.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Nano
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nano » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:49 pm

I could've swore I saw one of the GoDs say Goku's power rivals the God's.

Just saying... Goku stands a chance against them and then some.
I love Dragon Ball so much that I'm constantly complaining about how horrible Super is.

Black Goku / Future Trunks saga... was/is garbage.

Top 5 Favorite DBS Characters = Beerus, Whis, still waiting on the last 3 lol...

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:32 pm

Nano wrote:I could've swore I saw one of the GoDs say Goku's power rivals the God's.

Just saying... Goku stands a chance against them and then some.
Take any statement regarding power that comes out of Super with a grain of salt.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:39 pm

Nano wrote:I could've swore I saw one of the GoDs say Goku's power rivals the God's.
Yeah, they said it after he transformed into SSB while fighting Bergamo.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:50 pm

This still boils down to a discussion of character strengths. Please keep it in the respective strength/power levels thread.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)