Has anyone else realized this is another Dressrosa arc?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Has anyone else realized this is another Dressrosa arc?

Post by Namz » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:49 pm

This tournament is just excuses to introduce several new powerful characters, 'cause Goku and Vegeta can't fight by themselves forever. The high priest, for some reason, wanted Goku and Toppo being alive because he means to do something with them (remember, no kills just throw them, and where the hell will they go after). The fight all vs all is just the colosseum arc from Dressrosa, and soon all of them will join to fight the demons with masks of angels on their faces.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Re: Has anyone else realized this is another Dressrosa arc?

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:34 pm

Jesus christ this is another grand priest is evil thread isn't?

Also this arc is nothing like Dressrosa. Was the most powerful character in One Piece in the Dressrosa arc? Nope his death was the intro to the story.

Was most second most powerful character in One Piece in the Dressrosa arc? Nope he died more than 4 arcs ago before it even began.

Is Goku gonna shit stomp the grand priest with his new form/technique like Luffy did with Doflamingo? HELL NO

Hell Doflamigo is already considered to be weak the next dudes that show up right after his Jack and Cracker.

Goku is fodder to Beerus who is fodder to the angels so HOW THE HELL IS HE GONNA FIGHT THE ANGELS?

Can there be a mega thread for this topic please?

Imma have to stay off this forum for a while until this topic dies out :lol:

Sorry if I offended any who thinks he is evil tho.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:37 pm

Actually no.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:44 pm

I would hope it's not another Dressrosa. The Dressrosa arc made me stop reading One piece until it was over. I just couldn't get into it.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:00 pm

This is nothing like the Dressrosa Arc aside from the fact that the tournament in it was a Battle Royal, Dressrosa had more going on in it outside it's tournament; Hell, unlike this arc, the tournament was a rather small part of it.

Plus, I doubt we're gonna get spammed flashbacks
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

dragonballgeek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballgeek » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:25 pm

As a huge One Piece fan, I don't really see how this is like Dressrosa arc.

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:12 pm

You just wait until we have ten new characters per chapter.

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Glad I was right. As I predicted this is a Dressrosa arc copy.

In which sense? This battle royale is merely an excuse to introduce new powerful characters who will fight alongside Goku against the angels, since it is practically confirmed the angels are bad. This includes Whis of course.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:14 pm

Namz wrote:Glad I was right. As I predicted this is a Dressrosa arc copy.

In which sense? This battle royale is merely an excuse to introduce new powerful characters who will fight alongside Goku against the angels, since it is practically confirmed the angels are bad. This includes Whis of course.
No it doesn't. We already knew Mojito specifically hated his universe.

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:16 pm

Nothing was confirmed. Mojito has shown before that he just plain doesn't like his universe all that much and they annoy him. His smile doesn't mean much. I'm just getting flash backs to the U6 arc where Vados also had an evil smile and seemed like she might be up to something, but it turns out it was nothing.

Even if it was confirmed this is still not like the Dressrosa arc. Not even close.Having a ton of characters fighting on screen that could be potential allies later does not make it Dressrosa. Many Anime and manga have done this.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:18 pm

Boo Machine wrote:Nothing was confirmed. Mojito has shown before that he just plain doesn't like his universe all that much and they annoy him. His smile doesn't mean much. I'm just getting flash backs to the U6 arc where Vados also had an evil smile and seemed like she might be up to something, but it turns out it was nothing.

Even if it was confirmed this is still not like the Dressrosa arc. Not even close.Having a ton of characters fighting on screen that could be potential allies later does not make it Dressrosa. Many Anime and manga have done this.
Yeah, I know Dressrosa was an endurance test of an arc, but there was much MUCH more to it than just the royal. hell, the tournament was a pretty small part of it compared to the war happening around it
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:22 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Boo Machine wrote:Nothing was confirmed. Mojito has shown before that he just plain doesn't like his universe all that much and they annoy him. His smile doesn't mean much. I'm just getting flash backs to the U6 arc where Vados also had an evil smile and seemed like she might be up to something, but it turns out it was nothing.

Yeah, I know Dressrosa was an endurance test of an arc, but there was much MUCH more to it than just the royal. hell, the tournament was a pretty small part of it compared to the war happening around it
You're right. Despite Dressrosa being the arc that made me put down One piece for a while, it did have a lot happen in it and had some of my favorite backstories. If I remember correctly the coliseum was only a thing at the start of the arc. Or at last the first 3rd of it. The Universal Survival arc would have to do a shit ton to resemble Dressrosa.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:28 am

How dare you.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:35 am

LOL not even close...

Dressrosa was the first step for me to drop One Piece. Cake Island did the rest...

Thank You...

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:51 am

Namz wrote:Glad I was right. As I predicted this is a Dressrosa arc copy.

Definitely jumping the gun there :lol:

While I'm a believer that the Angels will be a future antagonist (or at least some of them... they'll need angels to help beat angels. Power gap is too big..) I don't think this solidifies the possibility.

Especially since we knew that the Angel couldn't stand either one of them. It's like being a 40 year old with a PhD working at mcdonalds with 15-18 year olds. You're doing a job but you spend most of your time dealing with immature/stupid people. That smile could've been a smile of relief.
How i predict the tournament will end:

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:00 am

Everybody is talking about the angels being the main antagonists, but i have a serious question for all of you... Has anyone stopped to think about where the hell is Zarama the Dragon God in all of this??

I mean, the Super Dragon Balls are being used in this as a prize and for you to create dragon balls the size of planets which can grant absolutely any wish, you have to be an extremely powerful bastard.. Like you literally have to be a fucking reality warper OP as fuck kind of guy.. Where the hell is he in all of this?? I refuse to think his name was introduced to the series just to leave him as an unrevealed character or just "the guy who created the dragon balls"..

Hit!!
Regular

Post by Hit!! » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:04 am

Also, for those saying that this arc isn't like dressrosa arc because the tournament was a small part of that arc..

What makes you think the ToP is all there is to this arc?? I'm not saying that this is another dressrosa, because i've never even watched OP and neither have i read the manga, but i don't like that argument. Toei called this the "Universe Survival Arc" for a reason.. It's not "the Tournament of Power Arc" or something like that.

Of course, you could say that the ToP is an arc on it's own, but i'm a believer of this tournament being a part of something bigger.

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:08 pm

Hit!! wrote:Also, for those saying that this arc isn't like dressrosa arc because the tournament was a small part of that arc..

What makes you think the ToP is all there is to this arc?? I'm not saying that this is another dressrosa, because i've never even watched OP and neither have i read the manga, but i don't like that argument. Toei called this the "Universe Survival Arc" for a reason.. It's not "the Tournament of Power Arc" or something like that.

Of course, you could say that the ToP is an arc on it's own, but i'm a believer of this tournament being a part of something bigger.
Exactly, after the tournament we will have the biggest fight.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:35 pm

I watched Dressrosa arc and only because both have a battle royal doesn't make it the same. And let's not even talk about the terrible pacing that Dressrosa arc has, which makes Goku vs Freeza fight in DBZ look like something decently paced.

Dressrosa main plot is Luffy and Law alliance wanting to take down Doflamingo.
Universe Survival main plot is 8 Universes fighting for their lives.

The rest is just you jumping to conclusions without facts to back it up.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:44 pm

I am sorry what the last I checked we didn't have a Dressrosa arc in Dragon Ball.... :eh: