Vegeta doesn't care about surpassing Goku anymore.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Re: Vegeta doesn't care about surpassing Goku anymore.

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:16 am

TBMx wrote:
Even if he cant transform it doesnt change the fact that he's already in a lot of trouble, thats basically saying he's fcked either way.
It said he's nearly at his limit. He could still use Kaioken, and did, yet by your logic all he had to do was blindside the great ape once and get the tail off. Couldn't do it though. Even with Kaioken.
Goku was already in a state where he would lose easily to Vegeta, transform or not. Similar direction? from where?
I dont really see how going ape will help him, too much blindsides, tail weakness, giant targets, can easily go inside his mouth and enjoy spamming ki blasts there, too much.
If he can easily go inside his mouth and spam ki blasts why didn't he do it in the Saiyan Saga? Oh right he couldn't.
And the fact that it was already portrayed as a formidable threat that SS4 Goku couldn't beat without assistance, shows that the abilities and weaknesses of the great ape is entirely dependent on the writer. The writer can portray it as they did in GT and earlier in DBZ and have him be too quick to blindside without a lot of difficulty. What the writer can't do however is portray Kaioken as having a stamina weakness as Goku's already been shown spamming it.
Then its settled, a Vegeta and Goku fight wont happen anytime soon.
Or at all.
Besides that wouldnt matter to him anymore, the guy accepted that Goku is #1.
That was retconned. When Vegeta was staying up and lifting weights at night at Whis's place he said he wont lose to Goku.
Just because they could, doesnt mean they should, thats like saying "Goku could have went SSJ3 and finished Majin Vegeta fast, or Krillin using Taioken + kienzan at Freeza and a lot more that could have finished the arc in an instant, but that doesnt make a good story telling so they didnt do it"

Yes he couldnt do it anymore becaue he was at his limit, Goku's body was at the point where Yajirobe's simple tap had him screaming in pain.

What are you trying to point out now exactly? are we talking in universe or out universe? he couldnt spam ki blasts anymore because was already near his limits, the only thing left for him to do was to rely on the spirit bomb. If we're talking about what the writers will do now instead of the giant ape having tons of weaknesses then what makes you so certain that they'll do the same thing when Vegeta decides to go ape? more so now that Goku's more experienced when it comes to fighting giant enemies, he made Bergamo look like an idiot when he grew, if a giant ape Vegeta comes into play and he for some reason turns into an idiot that doesnt know how to put it down then that will turn out as bad writting. Thats probably the reason in universe why Vegeta doesnt want to rely on a half assed form like the giant ape, it has too many weaknesses. Another major weakness is the giant ape only adds their power/strength, in a fight against SSJBKK which amplifies everything including speed, ape Vegeta wouldnt have the speed to keep up, more so if he's a giant target that has a lot of blindsides.

I'm talking about the end of Z where there was no implication that Vegeta wanted to surpass Goku again and went back on his words.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:28 am

I'm happy with the way Vegeta is currently being handled. If they are going to slowly remove him from being Goku's "eternal" rival, I feel that they are doing a good job at it. Obviously he's still going to be in the tournament and future arcs, so I doubt they will stop him from being Goku's rival.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:30 am

sintzu wrote:
Don't spread false info, we're only 2nd. the honor of #1 goes to the Gohan fans. :lol:
To be fair, Gohan fans quiet down when their character gets some good moments. Vegeta fans bitch no matter what because they're character has to be extra special. Whine win goes to Vegeta's!
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:05 am

Kanassa wrote:To be fair, Gohan fans quiet down when their character gets some good moments. Vegeta fans bitch no matter what.
Gohan fans are happy with simple mediocrity, Vegeta's loyal fans aren't happy until he's #1. right now he's... 1.5 so there's a little bit left to go.

Although Vegeta's fans complain the most, it's getting us results. In BOG and the Champa arc he was 2nd to Goku, in RF he was equal to Goku and in the Black arc's manga version he was the main character above Goku.

Next stop, him killing the main villain. :mrgreen: will it happen ? who knows, but even if it doesn't, we got a lot more than we thought we'd ever get so it won't be that bad if it doesn't. Out of all the fans to benifit from the modern DB revival, I think the Vegeta fans got the most out of it.
Last edited by sintzu on Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:12 am

sintzu wrote:
Kanassa wrote:To be fair, Gohan fans quiet down when their character gets some good moments. Vegeta fans bitch no matter what.
Gohan fans are happy with simple mediocrity, Vegeta's loyal fans aren't happy until he's #1. right now he's... 1.5 so there's a little big left to go.

Although Vegeta's fans complain the most, it's getting us results. In BOG and the Champa arc he was 2nd to Goku, in RF he was equal to Goku and in the Black arc's manga version he was the main character above Goku.

Next stop, him killing the main villain. :mrgreen: will it happen ? who knows, but even if it doesn't, we got a lot more than we thought we'd ever get so it won't be that bad if it doesn't. Out of all the fans to benifit from the modern DB revival, I think the Vegeta fans got the most out of it.
Yes, which makes their constant whining all the worse. You just proved my point.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:46 am

I agree, he doesn't care anymore.
Vegeta already recognized Goku as number 1, back in the Buu saga.
After he was confident that him and Karatotto were equals as SSJB, he realizes that with Kaioken and he can't keep up ( again ) with him anymore.
I believe that Vegeta's goal is to somehow not letting Goku reach a level that Vegeta can't simply think that it's impossible to achieve.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:11 am

sintzu wrote:
HeroR wrote:Vegeta's fans are the biggest babies in the fandom.

Despite all the screen time he has gotten and being seconded only to Goku, they still managed to whine.
Don't spread false info, we're only 2nd. the honor of #1 goes to the Gohan fans. :lol:

And rightfully so, in the manga's Black arc Vegeta was the main character (something that has never happened before for him) and he was the only one to fight the main villain (The 1st villain Goku didn't fight at least once, essentially giving Vegeta his own main villain) so we're kind of annoyed about the anime pulling the rug from under his royal boots in favor of Goku and Trunks. :evil:
Saturnine wrote:Well, keep in mind that in the manga continuity where there's no Kaioken Blue, Vegeta might actually be superior to Goku now :P
Also in the manga continuity he's the only one (I think ?) who can switch SsjB on and off without it wearing him down.
Nah your still number one always complaining no matter what despite the amount of good moments he received in super.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:55 am

SaiyanGod117 wrote:
TheMikado wrote: GT Vegeta is my favorite Future Vegeta because he's literally don't want to have anything to do with Gokus foolishness at all but still maintains aspects of his pride.
Does Goku in GT really have any foolishness though? He usually always tries the eliminate the threat as quick as possible, from what I can remember.
Vegeta says that Goku attracts trouble and that's what he was sending Trunk and Goten.
And I meant hanging out with Goku and following him around. He didn't do it in end of Z either. GT Vegeta basically does his own thing and Goku is someone he still would like to surpass but its a low priority.

Vegeta doesn't follow Goku into space.
Cleans up during the Super 17 saga independent of Goku.
Doesn't follow Goku around for the Shadow dragon arc.
In fact I think GT gave Vegeta and Goku more screen time separate than together which was kinda how Z was when they weren't actively fighting the big bad.
In fact, just like Z, they don't appear on screen together much or cooperating in a fight together until they get to the final enemy.

Also bonus clip, Goku takes an appreciation for the sons fighting together and Vegeta tries to get down to business with fusion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcrocgMBBDI

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:45 am

TheMikado wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote:
TheMikado wrote: GT Vegeta is my favorite Future Vegeta because he's literally don't want to have anything to do with Gokus foolishness at all but still maintains aspects of his pride.
Does Goku in GT really have any foolishness though? He usually always tries the eliminate the threat as quick as possible, from what I can remember.
Vegeta says that Goku attracts trouble and that's what he was sending Trunk and Goten.
And I meant hanging out with Goku and following him around. He didn't do it in end of Z either. GT Vegeta basically does his own thing and Goku is someone he still would like to surpass but its a low priority.

In fact I think GT gave Vegeta and Goku more screen time separate than together which was kinda how Z was when they weren't actively fighting the big bad.
In fact, just like Z, they don't appear on screen together much or cooperating in a fight together until they get to the final enemy.

Also bonus clip, Goku takes an appreciation for the sons fighting together and Vegeta tries to get down to business with fusion.
I love that Vegeta suggested it. We already know Goku is cool with it if it comes to it, but I didn't like seeing Vegeta be so hesitant in Super.
Kanassa wrote:
sintzu wrote:
To be fair, Gohan fans quiet down when their character gets some good moments. Vegeta fans bitch no matter what because they're character has to be extra special. Whine win goes to Vegeta's!
Eh I don't think I'd agree with that. Veggie fans definitely bitch the most, but Gohan fans don't really quiet down. Sintzu right in that Veggie fans are getting results (at least in the manga). In the anime, being equal to Goku in the RoF Saga is good and dandy but that's not really a bone thrown to them when Vegeta has been stronger than Goku before. Being second to Goku in the very next saga also means the status quo is back between them as Goku severely outclasses Vegeta in the anime. Nothing he's done in the anime is really all that different from how it was in Z. The manga's FT Saga though definitely has him as being more important than Goku.
Last edited by TheMathemagician on Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:47 am

TheMathemagician wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote: Does Goku in GT really have any foolishness though? He usually always tries the eliminate the threat as quick as possible, from what I can remember.

I love that Vegeta suggested it. We already know Goku is cool with it if it comes to it, but I didn't like seeing Vegeta be so hesitant in Super.
To be fair its Vegetto, which Vegeta was under the impression he would be stuck like that for at least a little while til they got the Super Dragonballs.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:27 am

I hope that if they are retiring Vegeta that they can come up with a good replacement. Hit had a good design, but a boring personality; and I don't like Jiren's design at all.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:36 am

Chuquita wrote:I hope that if they are retiring Vegeta that they can come up with a good replacement. Hit had a good design, but a boring personality; and I don't like Jiren's design at all.
I think Jiren's a good contrast of a rival for Goku, he's like Superman in a literal sense, his physique and how he will probably be all into that "evil must pay" gig.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:08 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I hope that if they are retiring Vegeta that they can come up with a good replacement. Hit had a good design, but a boring personality; and I don't like Jiren's design at all.
I think Jiren's a good contrast of a rival for Goku, he's like Superman in a literal sense, his physique and how he will probably be all into that "evil must pay" gig.
I honestly love Jiren's simple design, and I agree that he has a good contrast as a rival for Goku. I wouldn't mind if Jiren is stoic, but I'd like it if he had more to him than that. Tenshinhan, Piccolo, Vegeta, and Hit are all stoic, it'd be nice to get something different. With that said, it's not so much that Vegeta is being "retired" it's more so that Goku is just finding new rivals to fight and so Vegeta is taking a backseat. He'll probably come back full force in a later saga (hopefully when he most likely does they actually feel like rivals and not the one-sided imaginary competition from Vegeta that it sometimes feels like).
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:35 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:Being equal to Goku in the RoF Saga is good and dandy but that's not really a bone thrown to them when Vegeta has been stronger than Goku before. Nothing he's done in the anime is really all that different from how it was in Z.
In the anime's version of RF Vegeta was the only one who got to beat up the main villain which is something that never happened in Z. In the RF movie however, Goku severely beat up Freeza before Vegeta took over, both before and after he went Gold.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:27 pm

sintzu wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote:Being equal to Goku in the RoF Saga is good and dandy but that's not really a bone thrown to them when Vegeta has been stronger than Goku before. Nothing he's done in the anime is really all that different from how it was in Z.
In the anime's version of RF Vegeta was the only one who got to beat up the main villain which is something that never happened in Z. In the RF movie however, Goku severely beat up Freeza before Vegeta took over, both before and after he went Gold.
True he did beat up Frieza in Super, but he only beat down a tired and exhausted Frieza, who killed him anyway. Wouldn't exactly call that any better.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:35 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:True he did beat up Frieza in Super, but he only beat down a tired and exhausted Frieza.
In the movie he beat down a tired and exhausted Freeza who was alaready beaten down not once but twice by Goku.

Yeah both aren't great, especially compared to what he got with Black in the manga but Super did it better than the movie.

In Super there was the anticipation of seeing someone finally put him in his place due to how he was walking all over everyone but in the movie Goku did that twice so by the time Vegeta took over there was nothing left for him to do.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:38 pm

sintzu wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote:True he did beat up Frieza in Super, but he only beat down a tired and exhausted Frieza.
In the movie he beat down a tired and exhausted Freeza who was alaready beaten down not once but twice by Goku.

Yeah both aren't great, especially compared to what he got with Black in the manga but Super did it better than the movie.

In Super there was the anticipation of seeing someone finally put him in his place due to how he was walking all over everyone but in the movie Goku did that twice so by the time Vegeta took over there was nothing left for him to do.
I'd prefer something like how in the manga version of the FT Saga, where Vegeta pretty much did force Black to have to fuse. Super definitely gave it better than in the movie, but I still can't see it as good in the end scheme of things, especially when stacked up with the manga.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:29 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:Super definitely gave it better than in the movie, but I still can't see it as good in the end scheme of things, especially when stacked up with the manga.
The problem with RF is that it didn't get a manga counterpart so we don't know how it would've been handled by Toyotaruo. RF just has a movie and anime arc and between the 2, the anime handled Vegeta better.

I'd say in the anime Vegeta was more of the lead than Goku cause he was the one who trained with Whis first and Goku followed him, he was the one to unlock SsjG on his own while Goku didn't & he was the only one to beat down Freeza. The only thing Goku did in the anime was kill Freeza after Vegeta beat him down.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:59 pm

sintzu wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote:Super definitely gave it better than in the movie, but I still can't see it as good in the end scheme of things, especially when stacked up with the manga.
The problem with RF is that it didn't get a manga counterpart so we don't know how it would've been handled by Toyotaruo. RF just has a movie and anime arc and between the 2, the anime handled Vegeta better.

I'd say in the anime Vegeta was more of the lead than Goku cause he was the one who trained with Whis first and Goku followed him, he was the one to unlock SsjG on his own while Goku didn't & he was the only one to beat down Freeza. The only thing Goku did in the anime was kill Freeza after Vegeta beat him down.
I'm not saying it wasn't that. Vegeta did beat Frieza down better in the anime, but he was still exhausted and fatigued from his fight with Goku. I don't see it as a good moment for Vegeta since they should have just had him fight Frieza from the start. I don't mean as a manga comparison of the RoF Saga, I mean Vegeta beating down Frieza in the anime is a far cry from what I'd call Vegeta taking down the big threat. I was comparing it to how Vegeta clowned Black in the manga, as that is a much better example as up until fusion appeared, Black was the big threat and Vegeta wrecked him twice.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:15 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:They should have just had him fight Frieza from the start.
I agree, I would've wrote Goku on a trip with Chi-Chi and his kids while Vegeta took care of everything but I'm not in charge unfortunately :lol: .

If I had to pick between what Vegeta got or let him go first and lose only for Goku to step in and beat down Freeza then I'd still go with what we got cause the alternative would be like everything we got from him up to that point, fight the villain first, lose, Goku comes in and shows everyone how it's done. in RF's anime arc it was the opposite. yeah him getting Freeza all to himself without Goku being in the picture like what we got with Black would've been better but what we got was still better than what we got before or what we could've got if they let him go first and Goku second.