Guess for possible new forms?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Guess for possible new forms?

Post by Totamo » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:40 pm

Like i am having fun with this show but its basically a glorified commercial for toys, cards and DLC.

And we have gotten something every arc that we can buy so what we gonna get?

sintzu
Banned

Re: Guess for possible new forms?

Post by sintzu » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:51 pm

Totamo wrote:This show is basically a glorified commercial for toys, cards and DLC.

It's a shame to see the franchise turn into this, especially since it was originally a story first before anything else (1984-1997).

The openning is teasing something new and based on the previous arcs we're going to get at least 1 new form in each arc. The reason I say at least 1 is because we got 2 in the last arc so it seems like 1 isn't enough anymore.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

kayojin

Post by kayojin » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:28 pm

sintzu wrote:
Totamo wrote:This show is basically a glorified commercial for toys, cards and DLC.

It's a shame to see the franchise turn into this, especially since it was originally a story first before anything else (1984-1997).

The openning is teasing something new and based on the previous arcs we're going to get at least 1 new form in each arc. The reason I say at least 1 is because we got 2 in the last arc so it seems like 1 isn't enough anymore.
maybe 1.5 transformations. trunks is the lord of half-forms. him achieving ssj rage in a vaccuum doesn't bother me as much as the fact that it's a re-hash of USSJ

i hope toei/toyotaro/toriyama realize that even more than new transformations, a lot of hardcore fans just want to see the great characters in the franchise they love develop as the timeline advances. from day 1, via goku and gohan, toriyama wasn't reluctant to let his characters grow (physically, at the very least). i was always excited to see the characters take their 'next step' in every arc. teen goku, pre-teen gohan, teen gohan, EoZ etc are all exciting imo. when i heard there was going to be a sequel series to dragon ball, and especially after the tone set in episode 1, i was hoping there would be more focus on the wealth of new interesting characters z ended with (uub, pan, older goten/trunks)

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:39 pm

kayojin wrote:From day 1, via goku and gohan, toriyama wasn't reluctant to let his characters grow (physically, at the very least).
This is the best thing about the original, everyone wasl always changing their look and clothes as time went by, it made everything feel more natural and realistic. I also miss clothes getting ripped/damaged.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:42 pm

sintzu wrote:

Look on the brightside, at least its bringing new fans into the franchise.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:47 pm

sintzu wrote:

The show obviously wasn't geared towards us, my friend.

I'm ok with it as many could look at Z as the same way with all the transformations the heroes and the villain have. There is several indication that Toriyama was forced to keep going with drgaon ball longer than he wanted to

Maybe the new fans will be as passionate about super as we were about the original. Super has a LOT of defenders than I originally thought.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:49 pm

sintzu wrote:

There was over four saiyan transformations in the cell arc.

2 in the Buu arc, Mystic and SSJ3.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:51 pm

Totamo wrote:Look on the brightside, at least its bringing new fans into the franchise.
I'm not against new forms, I'd just like them to slow down a bit with them.
Totamo wrote:The show obviously wasn't geared towards us, my friend.

I'm ok with it as many could look at Z as the same way with all the transformations the heroes and the villain have.

Super has a LOT of defenders than I originally thought.
The manga seems to be.

The forms in Z were a lot more creative and less toy/card oriented.

I also defend Super but I also have issues with it.
ChaosLordBrandon wrote: There was over four saiyan transformations in the cell arc.
Assj & Ussj were just Ssj1 with bigger mucsles like what Roshi used to do, they weren't even called new forms in the manga and anime.

Ssj2 at the time was more of a fully powered up Ssj1 and like the above, it wasn't treated as a new form.

What's the 4th form ?

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:16 pm

Totamo wrote:
sintzu wrote:

The show obviously wasn't geared towards us, my friend.

I'm ok with it as many could look at Z as the same way with all the transformations the heroes and the villain have. There is several indication that Toriyama was forced to keep going with drgaon ball longer than he wanted to

Maybe the new fans will be as passionate about super as we were about the original. Super has a LOT of defenders than I originally thought.
There are a lot OF HARDCORE SUPER FANS you just don't see or hear from them until something like the planet 28 which made perfect sense happened.

Hell read geedom101's 28 planet video almost
every body in the comment section is saiying why it makes perfect sense.
Look at the DB instagram and db deviantart almost everybody I see there is a super fan. And super has a lot fans on sites likes 2chan and narutoforums Dragon Ball section. (which is very funny considering naruto forums is a naruto site.)
Hell read the comments on episode 83 reviews and the vast majority of the comment section there is saying why the 28 planet thing makes perfect sense.
This has to be one of the very few places why I see people think that vast majority of people who watch super, does not love super,(hence I didn't say everybody.)
on yutube I see funny stuff like "damn I can't stand you super fanboys or for like a reviewer like forneverworld, why do you make so many damn super videos?
Or for a person like Tekking who just started making super videoes with this current arc, I see people saying more super videoes in the comment section.

It would not be top in the rating charts and have like the best merchandise sales in japan, behind One Piece if the vast majority did not love it.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:17 pm

sintzu wrote:
Totamo wrote:Look on the brightside, at least its bringing new fans into the franchise.
I'm not against new forms, I'd just like them to slow down a bit with them.
Totamo wrote:The show obviously wasn't geared towards us, my friend.

I'm ok with it as many could look at Z as the same way with all the transformations the heroes and the villain have.

Super has a LOT of defenders than I originally thought.
The manga seems to be.

The forms in Z were a lot more creative and less toy/card oriented.

I also defend Super but I also have issues with it.
ChaosLordBrandon wrote: There was over four saiyan transformations in the cell arc.
Assj & Ussj were just Ssj1 with bigger mucsles like what Roshi used to do, they weren't even called new forms in the manga and anime.

Ssj2 at the time was more of a fully powered up Ssj1 and like the above, it wasn't treated as a new form.

What's the 4th form
?
Full power super saiyan.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:32 pm

ChaosLordBrandon wrote: Full power super saiyan.
FPSsj is just the user's ability to stay in the normal Ssj form without it draining their power. like Assj and Ussj, it's not new.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:23 pm

Goku Yugi, where the hair goes multi-colored.

"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:27 pm

I'm literally expecting more recolours.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:29 pm

I'm honestly not hoping for a new transformation. I'm hoping for either of these two scenarios...

1) Goku capitalizes on Kaioken and brings out 20x again (this is the most heavily hinted)
2) Somehow the Red SSG comes back and it turns out to be his strongest version of Super Saiyan God (looks like red SSG in the opening??)
Lord Beerus wrote:I'm literally expecting more recolours.
Lawl.... I think that's been overused. :P
I would hope even Toriyama would realize how much recoloring he's done thus far.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

IKevinX
Not-So-Newbie

Post by IKevinX » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:53 pm

So far we've only been teased with the Super Saiyan White from that interview and now with the opening of a new hybrid.

My guess is that, later in the arc the opening will recolor Goku's hair to match the new form, like what happened with the SSJG and SSJB in the previous opening.

I wish the SSJG would return though, like the manga
Playlist for my Deep Look series on DBS. Analysis Manga+Anime
Playlist for my Top 7 Best moments on DBS, per arc.

Awesome Goku Black Tribute
Goku SSJ4 vs Goku SSJ God

I don't know why Jpn loves the first Broly movies given then enormous amount of parodies, but I've come to love them aswell, hence the Paragus.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -You know who. (Not Voldemort)

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:53 pm

I really hope the red form in the op is SSG, I really liked it and it was only used for like 4 episodes.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:23 pm

Alee9977 wrote:I really hope the red form in the op is SSG, I really liked it and it was only used for like 4 episodes.
Goku absorbed the power into him ssj forms no point bringing it back where it massively inferior to blue
You have the manga for that anyway.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:24 pm

Can we get some new forms for guys like piccolo or something if they can do that with heroes with pikkon i sure they can find something for big green here.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:40 pm

I predict more recolors. Ssj Red hehe.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:47 pm

Please no more new Super Saiyan forms for Goku and Vegeta. We already possibly have 2 being introduced this arc through the green-haired girl. Throw some of the other races a bone for once.