Will people give up if humans/androids can withstand attacks from Gods/Super Saiyan Blue?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Will people give up if humans/androids can withstand attacks from Gods/Super Saiyan Blue?

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:19 am

I will only be annoyed with all the people claiming it makes sense.
If there is supposed to be a gigantic gap in power and speed between the Earthlings and their opponents then it only shows how much I was right about Toei writers using video game logic much like the Yamcha & Tenshinhan vs Cell Jr. example shows.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Re: Will people give up if humans/androids can withstand attacks from Gods/Super Saiyan Blue?

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:41 am

I don't really care about power levels or strict consistency nowadays. I only care about the fights being fun.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:03 am

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote:I don't really care about power levels or strict consistency nowadays. I only care about the fights being fun.
This is my way as well nowadays..
Religiously tried for it to make sense, for it to be perfect for a year now, I am burnt out
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

zamasu121
Beyond Newbie

Post by zamasu121 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:22 am

sintzu wrote:If ? Krillin will be fighting SsjB next episode so we're already there.

This right here is my biggest fear. If next episode Krillin will put up a fight against ssb Goku, then its clear they just don't give a shit about the series, so why should i?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:28 am

zamasu121 wrote:This right here is my biggest fear. If next episode Krillin will put up a fight against ssb Goku, then its clear they just don't give a shit about the series, so why should i?
If you're tired of the show's inconsistencies then you should read the manga.

Based on how different the Black arc was compared to the anime, it's safe to say the tournament will be as well and I'm 100% sure we won't get a SsjB Goku vs Krillin. I also wouldn't be surprised if the 3 wolves we got also don't make it in.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

zamasu121
Beyond Newbie

Post by zamasu121 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:05 am

sintzu wrote:
zamasu121 wrote:This right here is my biggest fear. If next episode Krillin will put up a fight against ssb Goku, then its clear they just don't give a shit about the series, so why should i?
If you're tired of the show's inconsistencies then you should read the manga.

Based on how different the Black arc was compared to the anime, it's safe to say the tournament will be as well and I'm 100% sure we won't get a SsjB Goku vs Krillin. I also wouldn't be surprised if the 3 wolves we got also don't make it in.
The manga also has a lot of inconsistencies in terms of power scaling, so i still prefer the anime, but if Krillin somehow hangs with ssb Goku, then i might just stick with the manga.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:07 am

zamasu121 wrote:The manga also has a lot of inconsistencies in terms of power scaling.
I don't think it's as bad though. it doesn't have Goku using Kaioken ×10 with SsjB and still being weaker than Beerus or Trunks being able to hold his own against Black and Zamasu.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

zamasu121
Beyond Newbie

Post by zamasu121 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:17 am

sintzu wrote:
zamasu121 wrote:The manga also has a lot of inconsistencies in terms of power scaling.
I don't think it's as bad though. it doesn't have Goku using Kaioken ×10 with SsjB and still being weaker than Beerus or Trunks being able to hold his own against Black and Zamasu.
I don't really care that much about powerscaling so it really doesn't bother me, however krilin should not even be on the same level as base Goku, let alone ssb... so yeah that shit bothers me a lot.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:53 am

Yes i would definitely I've up on it, and any other sane person definitely should either. This show is more than just "fun" and "entertainment" or "emotionally satisfying" this show is also about powerlevels and in-universe character progressions and rules. And keep in mind that a LARGE part of of the fanbase, either geniunely or partly at the very least care about ORDER. And Powerscaling provides a HUGE part about the order! If Toei decides, for example, to have Krillin match Beerus blow for blow, then they have shown to not have any respect for their own show and powerscaling at all! Powerscaling should at least be consistent. I'm not asking for super-over-the-top consistency, since it's Toriyama and Toei afterall, so we can't expect much. But at the very least in general terms, it should be consistent. Even a 5 year old could keep powerscaling constistent! So if they have no respect for their own show.. why would i or any other seriously dedicated fan either?

zamasu121
Beyond Newbie

Post by zamasu121 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:49 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Yes i would definitely I've up on it, and any other sane person definitely should either. This show is more than just "fun" and "entertainment" or "emotionally satisfying" this show is also about powerlevels and in-universe character progressions and rules. And keep in mind that a LARGE part of of the fanbase, either geniunely or partly at the very least care about ORDER. And Powerscaling provides a HUGE part about the order! If Toei decides, for example, to have Krillin match Beerus blow for blow, then they have shown to not have any respect for their own show and powerscaling at all! Powerscaling should at least be consistent. I'm not asking for super-over-the-top consistency, since it's Toriyama and Toei afterall, so we can't expect much. But at the very least in general terms, it should be consistent. Even a 5 year old could keep powerscaling constistent! So if they have no respect for their own show.. why would i or any other seriously dedicated fan either?
Exactly, just look at episode 54 where ssj2 Trunks got beat up in about 10 seconds by ssb Vegeta, so there is no way that krillin should even lay a finger on ssb Goku.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:34 am

Powerscaling has become the bane of this series. Not because it doesn't make sense, but because of how much people seem to care about it. I absolutely do not care about power debates anymore. People who are so uptight with all these strength comparisons and consistencies are doing themselves a disservice. If the show was so concerned about the powerscale, it would be boring as shit. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, would come close to Goku and Vegeta. I'm happy Trunks was allowed to match and surpass them. It gave us something new and interesting.

Trunks is strong in his own arc? What is this shit show. Vegetto should have killed Zamasu because his power is multiplied by 1000. People want the side characters to be relevant again? Oh no, we can't have that. The powerscale will be broken. It would ruin the entire series. What's that? Goku went SSB in the preview with no context? Must mean that Kuririn is stronger than Goku now. With that being said, should Kuririn be stronger than SSB Goku? Of course not. That would just be silly. But giving Kuririn a new technique that will allow him to be relevant in action again? I'm all for it. I want these characters to have great moments again, and if it means sacrificing the damn powerscale, then so be it. No skin off my back.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:00 am

MajinMan wrote:Powerscaling has become the bane of this series. Not because it doesn't make sense, but because of how much people seem to care about it. I absolutely do not care about power debates anymore. People who are so uptight with all these strength comparisons and consistencies are doing themselves a disservice. If the show was so concerned about the powerscale, it would be boring as shit. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, would come close to Goku and Vegeta. I'm happy Trunks was allowed to match and surpass them. It gave us something new and interesting.

Trunks is strong in his own arc? What is this shit show. Vegetto should have killed Zamasu because his power is multiplied by 1000. People want the side characters to be relevant again? Oh no, we can't have that. The powerscale will be broken. It would ruin the entire series. What's that? Goku went SSB in the preview with no context? Must mean that Kuririn is stronger than Goku now. With that being said, should Kuririn be stronger than SSB Goku? Of course not. That would just be silly. But giving Kuririn a new technique that will allow him to be relevant in action again? I'm all for it. I want these characters to have great moments again, and if it means sacrificing the damn powerscale, then so be it. No skin off my back.
I agree 101% with this. Giving the characters a great moment is what I expect from this Arc. It's also a opportunity to redeem themselves for what they did on Old-School vs Freeza army recently.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:17 am

zamasu121 wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:Yes i would definitely I've up on it, and any other sane person definitely should either. This show is more than just "fun" and "entertainment" or "emotionally satisfying" this show is also about powerlevels and in-universe character progressions and rules. And keep in mind that a LARGE part of of the fanbase, either geniunely or partly at the very least care about ORDER. And Powerscaling provides a HUGE part about the order! If Toei decides, for example, to have Krillin match Beerus blow for blow, then they have shown to not have any respect for their own show and powerscaling at all! Powerscaling should at least be consistent. I'm not asking for super-over-the-top consistency, since it's Toriyama and Toei afterall, so we can't expect much. But at the very least in general terms, it should be consistent. Even a 5 year old could keep powerscaling constistent! So if they have no respect for their own show.. why would i or any other seriously dedicated fan either?
Exactly, just look at episode 54 where ssj2 Trunks got beat up in about 10 seconds by ssb Vegeta, so there is no way that krillin should even lay a finger on ssb Goku.
Or look at Goku by himself winning in a beam struggle from freakin MERGED ZAMASU! and then THAT Goku who got healed up with a Zensu Bean afterwards, restoring him to full health,(and maybe even got a power increase because of that) merged with Vegeta to become Vegetto.. and yet, all of a sudden THAT Vegetto didn't look as impressive as he was expected to be,(given that Goku alone, by himself already gave Merged Zamasu a run for his money) and then you have freaking Trunks litterally blowing Zamasu into pieces! That was the single worst episode in all of dragon ball history when it comes to powerscaling. No contest. I was vehemently disgusted by that episode, as were other fans all around the internet. There's simply NO justifying such acts of inconstistency.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:40 am

They already did such a thing in the Future Trunks arc and I still watch it, so the answers for me is no. Anyone who is still around probably thinks the same. Not to say that I don't care, I do. It's just clear to me that the anime writers don't respect the viewers and I'm saying this as someone who's flexible.

When they didn't show us how Trunks escaped Black and Zamasu, when that was the cliffhanger of an episode and one the most important moments in the arc. That's when I thought "screw you guys". This was after I hand-waved all that happened before, because this is Dragon Ball and we should be relaxed and let some of these things go by.

The minimum I expect is a reason, like last episode where they gave us one for excluding the Saiyan Kids. The reason is pretty bad but at least there's the decency to explain it. I can go along without bothering me, if they "forgot" the kids existed it would be the same as the previous examples I mentioned.

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:43 am

MajinMan wrote:Powerscaling has become the bane of this series. Not because it doesn't make sense, but because of how much people seem to care about it. I absolutely do not care about power debates anymore. People who are so uptight with all these strength comparisons and consistencies are doing themselves a disservice. If the show was so concerned about the powerscale, it would be boring as shit. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, would come close to Goku and Vegeta. I'm happy Trunks was allowed to match and surpass them. It gave us something new and interesting.

My thoughts on this.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:55 am

I won't be mad but I better not hear some Jack ass debate power levels in super like it makes sense.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:10 am

MajinMan hit the nail on the head with his post. There's nothing wrong with wanting consistency in power strength. But if Dragon Ball Super went down the conventional route of power scaling, then really nobody would matter in the plot beyond Goku and Vegeta. And Super is already dealing with major complaints that Goku and Vegeta do everything the show. So having guys like Roshi, Tien and Krillin being brought back into prominence is a very welcome direction to me. How consistent the battle powers are have never been a issue to me. I'm more interested in the show providing major moments for characters outside of the Saiyans, aliens and God and latest arc is doing that. And more power to them for it.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:33 am

Lord Beerus wrote:MajinMan hit the nail on the head with his post. There's nothing wrong with wanting consistency in power strength. But if Dragon Ball Super went down the conventional route of power scaling, then really nobody would matter in the plot beyond Goku and Vegeta. And Super is already dealing with major complaints that Goku and Vegeta do everything the show. So having guys like Roshi, Tien and Krillin being brought back into prominence is a very welcome direction to me. How consistent the battle powers are have never been a issue to me. I'm more interested in the show providing major moments for characters outside of the Saiyans, aliens and God and latest arc is doing that. And more power to them for it.
I don't agree with the underlined. Ridiculous/over-the-top power-ups is the rule in Dragon Ball, the difference between them and Super anime is that no matter how silly they were Mr.Toriyama would give us an explanation; Zenkais, Super Saiyan, magical water, training with Kami, Elder Guru bringing out the potential, etc..

Super Saiyan Ikari or whatever it's called is something that would totally fit in Dragon Ball to make a character stronger. The problem is the Super Anime didn't even bother giving a semblance of an explanation to something that's out-of-nowhere. Add this example to all others and we have a problem and not a case of people being uptight.

I find it very problematic that the "we have to disregard writing to make characters stronger" argument is going around in this thread. The anime should bother to saying something like "Trunks unlocked this new transformation because he trained with Vegeta and was able to mix God Ki with regular Ki". It's exactly the kind of short and simple information Mr. Toriyama would have given us. We need to hold the anime to these standards which aren't even high!

ChaosLordBrandon
Regular

Post by ChaosLordBrandon » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:37 am

Lord Beerus wrote:MajinMan hit the nail on the head with his post. There's nothing wrong with wanting consistency in power strength. But if Dragon Ball Super went down the conventional route of power scaling, then really nobody would matter in the plot beyond Goku and Vegeta. And Super is already dealing with major complaints that Goku and Vegeta do everything the show. So having guys like Roshi, Tien and Krillin being brought back into prominence is a very welcome direction to me. How consistent the battle powers are have never been a issue to me. I'm more interested in the show providing major moments for characters outside of the Saiyans, aliens and God and latest arc is doing that. And more power to them for it.
This arc has had great character usage.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:40 am

Bolded emphasis my own.

People keep listing these extreme hypothetical examples... which aren't in the show and never come to pass. Here, it's Kuririn versus Beerus. In a Reddit conversation I had yesterday, it was Tenshinhan versus Whis. You're arguing against a make-believe boogyman. Of course you're going to win your own argument about something that doesn't exist and never happened.

I care far more about timeline consistency (things like spacing between events and respective character ages) far more than I do about power scaling. If I managed to get over every example that breaks continuity from the next wish we see being after nine months up through everything with the recent time travel shenanigans in Super, not to mention the appearance/designs of Goten and Trunks right now, I think I'll manage to get over the Turtle Sage having a fun fight in the upcoming arc.

That doesn't mean I like everything about the show, and that doesn't mean I don't think it has problems, and lord knows it doesn't mean I can't be critical of the show... it just means I can get outside my own head and not be completely hyperbolic about every detail, particularly ones I'm not even interested in.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::