"Dragon Ball Super" Brazilian Portuguese Dub

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Brazilian Portuguese Dub

Post by SaintEvolution » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:53 am

AlexJunin wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:
AlexJunin wrote:Update
Faduli Costa will return as Shu
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
That was already expected. But, do you have links for the entire original publication? It seems they have more new info, as for the translation/script for example.

And there is an youtube channel expectulating that Zamasu is being dubbed by Hermes Baroli, based in some commentaries on Tânia Gaidarji's page.
Here is the link
[spoiler]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater[/spoiler]
Some VA's gave a thumbs up and Raquel Marinho replied, I don't know if is reliable or not but it's an information
Does anyone knows this Rafael Filipe?
Besides the translation, there isn't some real new information about it.

And this Rafael Filipe is probably just some fan. I doubt he is more than that.
Excel Rose wrote:It is awesome to see Bruno Sutter involved in Dragon Ball.

I grew up watching DBZ in the morning and Hermes e Renato in the night :lol:
It seems he really likes Dragon Ball, seeing by his publication.

AlexJunin

Post by AlexJunin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:42 am

Wellington Lima posted a pic on his Instagram with Glauco Marques, it's curious because Glauco is wearing a shirt with a Zamasu pic, could be a sign?

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:28 pm

AlexJunin wrote:Wellington Lima posted a pic on his Instagram with Glauco Marques, it's curious because Glauco is wearing a shirt with a Zamasu pic, could be a sign?
Do you have some link or print of it? I wanna see not only the pictures, but the commentaries too.

And I honestly prefer Hermes Baroli than Glauco Marques to Zamasu, but Glauco isn't a bad casting choice, I guess.

AlexJunin

Post by AlexJunin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:09 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
AlexJunin wrote:Wellington Lima posted a pic on his Instagram with Glauco Marques, it's curious because Glauco is wearing a shirt with a Zamasu pic, could be a sign?
Do you have some link or print of it? I wanna see not only the pictures, but the commentaries too.

And I honestly prefer Hermes Baroli than Glauco Marques to Zamasu, but Glauco isn't a bad casting choice, I guess.
Here is the link
[spoiler]https://www.instagram.com/p/BW6CmOljHfZ/[/spoiler]
And there is another update
Ronaldo Artinic, VA of Taurus Aldebaran from Saint Seiya, replied a post from Marcelo Del Greco thanking Wendel Bezerra for the oportunity to work in Dragon Ball Super
[spoiler]Image
In this post
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 2074193683[/spoiler]
Which character do you guys think he should voice?
I think is Hitto

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:26 pm

AlexJunin wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:

Here is the link
Ronaldo Artinic, VA of Taurus Aldebaran from Saint Seiya, replied a post from Marcelo Del Greco thanking Wendel Bezerra for the oportunity to work in Dragon Ball Super
[spoiler]Image
In this post
I think is Hitto
Thanks for the link. But, actually what Ronaldo said actually made me really more interested than that. I mean, Ronaldo is a voice actor since more than 25 years but he didn't got many big anime roles until now. Aldebaran is his biggest anime role and in Dragon Ball he only did minor voices and those insert commentaries.
He wasn't my hint for Hit, I was honestly thinking they would cast probably Francisco Junior or Dlaigelles Riba, but Ronaldo actually would be amazing voicing him, speccially because he is much more experienced than Dlaigelles or Francisco.

But anyway, I think we can already have that he dubbed some character in Dragon Ball Super, being this character Hit or not.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:45 pm

You know, this topic turned into Dublanet so gradually, I didn't even notice.

I am joking :D

All I could say is that the dub's production is going great. I'm glad Toei let Wendel Bezerra to dub the series in his studio.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:09 pm

Rodrigo Rossi, who previously sung "Dragon Soul" and "Yeah! Break! Care! Break!" in the brazilian dub of Dragon Ball Kai was called again to sing "Hello Hello Hello", the 1st ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt1xP9cgtKA
At 9:05.

He said that Wendel Bezerra personally called him to do the work.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:11 am

One new information: according to some sources, the narrator will be Ângelo Vizarro. After Daoiz Cabezudo's death in 2006 Dragon Ball had a lot of narrators in brazilian dubs. Gilberto Rocha Jr. in 2011 for Kai 1.0, Fernando Uzeda in the new movies and Marco Antônio Abreu in Kai 2.0.

Ângelo was a highly regarded radio broadcaster and announcer, and he entered on the voice acting world recently doing mostly narrations, and now he is in Dragon Ball.

Demo of his voice: https://www.clubedavoz.com.br/locutor-a ... rrojunior/
Tian wrote:All I could say is that the dub's production is going great. I'm glad Toei let Wendel Bezerra to dub the series in his studio.
It's not only good because it's Wendel on the leading of the process, but it's good because UniDub's stardart of quality is really high. They do a lot of dubbing for series, movies and videogame localizations and almost all of them are great. It's easy to say that is one of the best and most expensive ADR Studios in Brazil.
Seeing Toei sending one of their most important series in nowdays to UniDub when until a few years ago they were used to work with really shitty dubbing houses like BKS, that worked with Kai 1.0 is a huge and big progress.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:49 pm

Cartoon Network uploaded the official brazilian version of Chozetsu Dynamic in their Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15QoJqxh3ZM

I think the metric could be a bit better, but in general I think it's sounds good.

However I'm more excited for the endings. I expect much more to hear Rodrigo Rossi and Bruno Sutter in the soundtrack.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:39 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:Cartoon Network uploaded the official brazilian version of Chozetsu Dynamic in their Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15QoJqxh3ZM

I think the metric could be a bit better, but in general I think it's sounds good.

However I'm more excited for the endings. I expect much more to hear Rodrigo Rossi and Bruno Sutter in the soundtrack.
Wow... that was underwelming... I must say I expected something a lot better from Brazil. The singer sounds bored and the metrics are all over the place in some verses (although the LatAm one is even worse on that matter). Was really hoping your version would be one of the best ones.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:29 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:Cartoon Network uploaded the official brazilian version of Chozetsu Dynamic in their Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15QoJqxh3ZM

Wow... that was underwelming... I must say I expected something a lot better from Brazil. The singer sounds bored and the metrics are all over the place in some verses (although the LatAm one is even worse on that matter). Was really hoping your version would be one of the best ones.
I don't think the singer sounded bored. But yeah, the metric made this underwhelming.
AlexJunin wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:

Here is the link
[spoiler]Image
In this post
I think is Hitto

It was Ronaldo Artinic saying "Dragon Ball Super" in the opening at first. He will do the locution inserts in the dub. Now we know what he did in the dub.

He did the inserts in the original dub and because of that Wendel called him. But shame that probably he will not get any big character, Hitto included.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:00 pm

Also, it seems the feedback for the brazilian opening isn't the best, and Wendel Bezerra said on Youtube he will do a video about this thread.

But being the opening good or not or well received or not, I'm pretty sure that the dub of the episodes in itself will be awesome, and well received by the fans.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:29 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:Also, it seems the feedback for the brazilian opening isn't the best, and Wendel Bezerra said on Youtube he will do a video about this thread.

But being the opening good or not or well received or not, I'm pretty sure that the dub of the episodes in itself will be awesome, and well received by the fans.
There are two options of what the video will be about, it's either going to be him saying he didn't have anything to do with the translation of the song and the music so nothing can be done (probably what's going to happen) or he's going to say is sorry and that they'll rerecord the song for future episodes.

Edit: Just went to his FB page and seeing is post about the mood of the day "Disappointed but not surprise" seems like he knew it wouldn't be well received.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 pm

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:41 pm

gregoryluis09 wrote:He posted the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf2oNgBLRXs
Looks like he never liked the opening to begin with. This video seemed a lot like a PR excuse than anything else, putting the blame on people on the other side of the planet is quite easy.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:20 pm

*Incoming influx of new Brazilian fans to the forum*
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

gregoryluis09
Beyond Newbie

Post by gregoryluis09 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:53 pm

Wendel confirmed that Champa was voiced by Júnior Nanetti on his livestream right now.

Edit: He also confirmed that Ricardo Fábio also came back to sing one of the endings.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:47 pm

Cure Dragon 255 wrote:*Incoming influx of new Brazilian fans to the forum*
Well, there are already many brazilian fans here, so I don't think it will have a new influx.
gregoryluis09 wrote:Wendel confirmed that Champa was voiced by Júnior Nanetti on his livestream right now.

Edit: He also confirmed that Ricardo Fábio also came back to sing one of the endings.
The new names will be lefted as they are in the original japanese version, like Hakai, Super Saiyajin Blue, Goku Black and all the rest.

Zeno's pronounciation will be like "Zen'o", and not "Zenno" or "Zen". But the english-based names will be pronounced as they are in english, and not as they are in the japanese romanization. So we will have "Hit" and not "Hitto".

The studio reached until the episode 53, but Wendel is surprisingly delayed compared to the rest of the cast, so he recorded only until the episode 40. He did today the Kaioken + Super Saiyan Blue scene, from the episode 39. Also, he will do some making offs with the dubbers of the new characters in the next weeks.

And Kaioh's voice will be the same of the new movies, Carlos Silveira, and not Walter Breda, who originally did it in the 90's.
Kaioh, Dendê, the narrator, and Kid Trunks are probably the only characters from the old series that will not be dubbed by the original actors.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:51 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
Cure Dragon 255 wrote:*Incoming influx of new Brazilian fans to the forum*
Well, there are already many brazilian fans here, so I don't think it will have a new influx.
gregoryluis09 wrote:Wendel confirmed that Champa was voiced by Júnior Nanetti on his livestream right now.

The new names will be lefted as they are in the original japanese version, like Hakai, Super Saiyajin Blue, Goku Black and all the rest.

Zeno's pronounciation will be like "Zen'o", and not "Zenno" or "Zen". But the english-based names will be pronounced as they are in english, and not as they are in the japanese romanization. So we will have "Hit" and not "Hitto".

The studio reached until the episode 53, but Wendel is surprisingly delayed compared to the rest of the cast, so he recorded only until the episode 40. He did today the Kaioken + Super Saiyan Blue scene, from the episode 39. Also, he will do some making offs with the dubbers of the new characters in the next weeks.

And Kaioh's voice will be the same of the new movies, Carlos Silveira, and not Walter Breda, who originally did it in the 90's.
Kaioh, Dendê, the narrator, and Kid Trunks are probably the only characters from the old series that will not be dubbed by the original actors.
If Wendel DOES mention Kanzenshuu I think there will. But I wasnt too serious about that post anyway, so I dont lose any sleep if it does or doesnt happen.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Kanious
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kanious » Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:47 pm

It's sad to see the braziliaan fandom whining again [now about the BR version of the first opening].

People don't know that Toei can even decide when the channel [Cartoon Network] will have to reprise the series before exhibiting new episodes and how much times it should air again and again. The same goes for the opening.

I didn't find the opening bad as some, i think it could have been better, but it's ok. It is very similar to the latino opening, and both are very similar to the jap one. Apparently the backlash and whining about the opening seems to be worse with the latino people than the brazilian ones [judging by dislikes and comments on the videos on Cartoon Network L.A / Cartoon Network Brasil channels on youtube]. Even so, i'm sure that the worst and moste hateful fandom of Dragon Ball in the world lies here in Brazil, people are insulting the singer, insulting the UniDub and Wendel Bezerra, in ways that make me ashamed to be BR.