Team U7 Character Strength Predictions

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emperior
I Live Here

Re: Team U7 Character Strength Predictions

Post by emperior » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:00 am

Lord Beerus wrote:Actually, now that Androids making massive gains in training is a thing now, I wanna change my ranking:
The only android jumping in tiers will be 17 because he could have been training all this time. Do you think 18 is getting stronger?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:07 am

1. Goku
3. Vegeta
4. Gohan
5. Boo
6. Piccolo
8. Kuririn
9. Tenshinhan
9. Roshi

Vegeta seems to be getting relegated to a secondary role, whilst characters like Gohan seem to be playing his role as the secondary protagonist this arc. Goku is obviously always the strongest as long as he has Kaioken. #17 seems to be getting a lot of attention lately and, even though we only have 1-second scene of the NEP to judge his power, I really wouldn't be surprised if he faces Toppo in the tournament and becomes the second strongest in the U7 team. Between Boo and Gohan, it's a toss-up, as Boo got a lot stronger, but I'm sure he'll lose that power-up and Gohan will become stronger. The status quo continues to be the same for the remaining members.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:35 am

emperior wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Actually, now that Androids making massive gains in training is a thing now, I wanna change my ranking:
The only android jumping in tiers will be 17 because he could have been training all this time. Do you think 18 is getting stronger?
I hope. One trip in the ROSAT for her could do wonders.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:24 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
emperior wrote:
At this point ROSAT would do wonders to everyone not named Goku and Vegeta. Too bad it seems like it won't be used...
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:49 pm

Id wish 17 would get the second strongest title in u7 team, however i find it hard to believe they'd make him stronger over Vegeta.

Still tho, judging by the preview, the whole episode will be about him and he seems to not be bothered with ssj blue Goku's punch. Ofc, only the actually episode will tell.

Tho, it could also be, since Toei made 17 super strong in GT, and since GT failed, they want to retry their hand on android 17 and powering him up to Goku's level.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:09 pm

emperior wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
emperior wrote:
At this point ROSAT would do wonders to everyone not named Goku and Vegeta. Too bad it seems like it won't be used...
There's still time. I can imagine a scenario where they all cram into the ROSAT at once and train together for like 12 hours.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:33 pm

Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Buu
Piccolo
Krillin
Tien
Roshi

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:29 pm

I'm going to go with :
Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Piccolo
Boo
Krillin
Tien
Roshi
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:31 pm

Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Boo
Krillin
Tien
Roshi
If it wasnt for KK 17 would be their top dog.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:44 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:Goku
Vegeta
Aren't we overestimating 17 a bit too much?
Then again I might be wrong, predicting strength is plain dumb at this point :roll:
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:06 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
Vegeta
Then again I might be wrong, predicting strength is plain dumb at this point :roll:
While they were clashing fists.
17 had this expression -_-
Goku had this expression (#`Д´)
Its like 17 wasnt even feeling it :lol:

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:17 pm

Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Piccolo
Buu
Krillin
Tien
Roshi

Honestly think 17, Piccolo and Buu could be interchangable. Put 17 as top dog of the three due to him being a major draw for this arc.

Krillin and Tien could possibly switch since they always seemed pretty close in power.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:38 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Vegeta
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Yeah I noticed that :lol:
But goku had the same expression in the beam struggle with Krillin, like he was trying hard to push back..

I chalk it up to him getting blue down to the same power as his opponent and thus just testing their ability instead of power
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:39 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Vegeta
17 looks very emotionless in the preview though kinda like Annie from AOT lol

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:40 pm

1-Goku
2-Vegeta
3-17
4-Gohan (Gohan can surpass all of them though since jump magazine already teased that he might surpass his father again.)
5-Buu
6-Piccolo
7-18
8-Krillin
9-Tien
10-Roshi

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:45 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
Vegeta
It surely can't be what it seems. I don't think Toriyama would make 17 a lot more powerful than 18.
Lapislettuce wrote:1-Goku
2-Vegeta
3-17
4-Gohan (Gohan can surpass all of them though since jump magazine already teased that he might surpass his father again.)
5-Buu
6-Piccolo
7-18
8-Krillin
9-Tien
10-Roshi
As long as Buu remains skinny, nearly all promotional material should be ignored.

17 will stay in the bottom half.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:01 pm

Beyond wrote:They'll all be between plot and BS tier.

OK, more serious answer.
I think it'll be Goku> Vegeta > 18 > Gohan > buu > Piccolo> 18> Krillin> Tien > Roshi, but who knows super don't play no games, and doesn't pull any punches.
Nah seing latest preview it goes like
Goku>Vegeta>17>Gohan

Agree about the rest, dont know if Tien is gonna get a power boost as well placing him above Krillin until then i reserve my judgement
Lapislettuce wrote:
It wont happen never again, dont set up yourself for disappointment with a silly magazine that has as much value as the video games. Goku is the hero, thus he will remain the strongest, if Gohan does surpass him and thats a pretty big IF its just gonna be temporary like when Vegeta surpassed Goku in the black arc for two episodes
namekiansaiyan wrote: It surely can't be what it seems. I don't think Toriyama would make 17 a lot more powerful than 18.
There is no way to spin this scene, its all but confirmed 17 is on the God tier which makes him the third strongest in the U7 team. Unless this was a dream/Mental training

ichasedreams

Post by ichasedreams » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:50 pm

1/2- Goku & Vegeta
3/4-Gohan & 17 (depending on next week)
5-buu
6-Piccolo
7-18
8/9-krillin & tien
10- roshi

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:59 pm

Beyond wrote:Everyone putting Gohan at 3 is perplexing me. I guess it's possible, but Gohan's despite having all that potential is one of few Characters in super who has not jumped up the tier list at crazy speed.
Not hard to imagine with him getting a dedicated training episode coming up.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:22 pm

ichasedreams wrote:1/2- Goku & Vegeta
3/4-Gohan & 17 (depending on next week)
5-buu
6-Piccolo
7-18
8/9-krillin & tien
10- roshi
I think there is a chance Tien might get a power boost as well placing him over Krillin, he has been training all this time after all
Kagari wrote:
Beyond wrote:Everyone putting Gohan at 3 is perplexing me. I guess it's possible, but Gohan's despite having all that potential is one of few Characters in super who has not jumped up the tier list at crazy speed.
Not hard to imagine with him getting a dedicated training episode coming up.
Honestly it could go either way, with the current info we have i would put my money on 17 being stronger
For this arc at least i think they are gonna use Gohan as a team strategist/coach rather than a heavy hitter