Team U7 Character Strength Predictions

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Team U7 Character Strength Predictions

Post by MainJPW » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:36 pm

1. Goku
2. Vegeta
3. Gohan
4. No. 17
5. Boo
6. Piccolo
7. No.18
8. Kuririn
9. Tenshinhan
10. Roshi

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:27 pm

Cabba wrote:
ichasedreams wrote:1/2- Goku & Vegeta
3/4-Gohan & 17 (depending on next week)
5-buu
6-Piccolo
7-18
8/9-krillin & tien
10- roshi
I think there is a chance Tien might get a power boost as well placing him over Krillin, he has been training all this time after all
Kagari wrote:
Beyond wrote:Everyone putting Gohan at 3 is perplexing me. I guess it's possible, but Gohan's despite having all that potential is one of few Characters in super who has not jumped up the tier list at crazy speed.
Not hard to imagine with him getting a dedicated training episode coming up.
Honestly it could go either way, with the current info we have i would put my money on 17 being stronger
For this arc at least i think they are gonna use Gohan as a team strategist/coach rather than a heavy hitter
A two second scene isn't much to go on though and NEPs are often misleading. Wait for the episode itself.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Kagari wrote: A two second scene isn't much to go on though and NEPs are often misleading. Wait for the episode itself.
I concur, thats why i said with current info we got and all that has been implied thus far i would put my money on #17 IF i had to make a bet today
Thats why i said it could go either way at the beginning of my post

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:48 am

TheGreatSaiyaman wrote:1. Vegeta/ Goku - Vegeta is being slept on but I feel he'll do really well, even without great amounts of training. Goku is Goku, so I expect him to be top tier, whilst the others are weaker.
2. Gohan - he hasn't had his big moment yet in Super...Lavender although imo he won, was declared a draw by the Grand Priest so I can't wait to see him in the tournament. Really needs to overcome the 'goes blind, loses all powers and senses' weakness by the tournament. And he is getting back his Ultimate, which considering how strong everyone is now, will have crazy gains.
3. Piccolo / 17 - Piccolo is in the same situation as Vegeta and I feel he will really bring it this tournament. 17 is being really hyped up, smarter than Buu so he'll do well and apparently SSB Tier if bothered :lol:
4. Buu - awesome fighter, completely unpredictable.
5. Krillin / 18 - really close here, so I'm not sure.
6. Tien - new dojo hype, but no convincing training episodes and rare appearances throughout Super unfortunately...
7. Roshi - has lots of techniques and is a genius but he can't keep up with everyone nowadays + his weakness for female fighters may be exploited..

Vegeta = Goku > Gohan > > Piccolo = 17 > Buu > Krillin => 18 > Tien > Roshi
*but 17 could go above Gohan and into the oh-so-special 'God Tier". But Goku is bestest, and most strongest, so I doubt Toei and Toriyama will allow it :) .
I don't know how anyone can say Tenshinhan made rare appearances in Super. When Krillin was running away from Beerus. Tenshinhan was standing up to him. When Krillin was to scared to fight Freeza's soilders Tenshinhan was leading Gohan and Piccolo. Not to mention he's was saving Krillins ass.

Excuse Tenshinhan because he doesn't need episodes rebuilding his confidence and fighting spirit. You don't need training episodes of him because it's always staTed he never stops training. You don't open up a dojo if your life is not martial arts 24/7.

With that being said.

Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Buu
Piccolo
Tenshinhan
Krillin
Roshi

Benedetto12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Benedetto12 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:03 pm

Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Buu
Piccolo
Tien
Krillin
Roshi

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:54 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:Goku
Vegeta
Aren't we overestimating 17 a bit too much?
Then again I might be wrong, predicting strength is plain dumb at this point :roll:
While they were clashing fists.
17 had this expression -_-
Goku had this expression (#`Д´)
Its like 17 wasnt even feeling it :lol:
To be fair, SSB Goku also had an expression similar to that against Kuririn, and we know he held back there (as stupid as that scene was in general).
Cabba wrote:
Beyond wrote:They'll all be between plot and BS tier.

OK, more serious answer.
I think it'll be Goku> Vegeta > 18 > Gohan > buu > Piccolo> 18> Krillin> Tien > Roshi, but who knows super don't play no games, and doesn't pull any punches.
Nah seing latest preview it goes like
Goku>Vegeta>17>Gohan

Agree about the rest, dont know if Tien is gonna get a power boost as well placing him above Krillin until then i reserve my judgement
Lapislettuce wrote:
4-Gohan (Gohan can surpass all of them though since jump magazine already teased that he might surpass his father again.)
It wont happen never again, dont set up yourself for disappointment with a silly magazine that has as much value as the video games. Goku is the hero, thus he will remain the strongest, if Gohan does surpass him and thats a pretty big IF its just gonna be temporary like when Vegeta surpassed Goku in the black arc for two episodes
namekiansaiyan wrote: It surely can't be what it seems. I don't think Toriyama would make 17 a lot more powerful than 18.
There is no way to spin this scene, its all but confirmed 17 is on the God tier which makes him the third strongest in the U7 team. Unless this was a dream/Mental training
Even then, he was still weaker than Goku at full power.
JulianStyles wrote:
TheGreatSaiyaman wrote:1. Vegeta/ Goku - Vegeta is being slept on but I feel he'll do really well, even without great amounts of training. Goku is Goku, so I expect him to be top tier, whilst the others are weaker.
2. Gohan - he hasn't had his big moment yet in Super...Lavender although imo he won, was declared a draw by the Grand Priest so I can't wait to see him in the tournament. Really needs to overcome the 'goes blind, loses all powers and senses' weakness by the tournament. And he is getting back his Ultimate, which considering how strong everyone is now, will have crazy gains.
3. Piccolo / 17 - Piccolo is in the same situation as Vegeta and I feel he will really bring it this tournament. 17 is being really hyped up, smarter than Buu so he'll do well and apparently SSB Tier if bothered :lol:
6. Tien - new dojo hype, but no convincing training episodes and rare appearances throughout Super unfortunately...
7. Roshi - has lots of techniques and is a genius but he can't keep up with everyone nowadays + his weakness for female fighters may be exploited..

*but 17 could go above Gohan and into the oh-so-special 'God Tier". But Goku is bestest, and most strongest, so I doubt Toei and Toriyama will allow it :) .
I don't know how anyone can say Tenshinhan made rare appearances in Super. When Krillin was running away from Beerus. Tenshinhan was standing up to him. When Krillin was to scared to fight Freeza's soilders Tenshinhan was leading Gohan and Piccolo. Not to mention he's was saving Krillins ass.

Excuse Tenshinhan because he doesn't need episodes rebuilding his confidence and fighting spirit. You don't need training episodes of him because it's always staTed he never stops training. You don't open up a dojo if your life is not martial arts 24/7.

With that being said.

Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Buu
Piccolo
Tenshinhan
Krillin
Roshi
Not so much that, more so that he's just been utterly irrelevant for the most part with no episodes focused on him. Even Yamcha got a dedicated episode to himself.

As far as my predictions go:

1. Goku
2. Vegeta
3. Gohan
4. Boo/17/Piccolo
5. 18
6. Kuririn
7. Tenshinhan
8. Roshi
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:11 am

JulianStyles wrote:

With that being said.

Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Buu
Piccolo
Tenshinhan
Krillin
Roshi

Not this again...sigh. 18 under Tien too? LOL

Anyways,

My predictions are as follows;

Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Buu
Piccolo
Kuririn
Tien
Roshi

I'm looking forward to the wide array of techniques that will be used in this tournament, especially from the Earthlings. It definitely should make this tournament more entertaining. Although it's the tournament of Power, as we've seen, technique will also play a huge role!

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:26 am

TheMathemagician wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: While they were clashing fists.
To be fair, SSB Goku also had an expression similar to that against Kuririn, and we know he held back there (as stupid as that scene was in general).
At least that part showed Krillin was shaking and struggling (doesnt make the bit more ok because Krillin is way below there), here its like 17 is the one testing Goku when it should be the other way around, you dont go fist clashing against someone with a dull expression like that unless you're not feeling it.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:25 am

Before tournament:

Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Buu
Krillin
Tien
Roshi

After/during:

Gohan or Goku, due to some insane power up ( I see them getting something, and Goku's new form is maybe spoilered in the opening)
The remaining one of them
Vegeta
Buu
Krillin
Tien
Roshi

Also, I definitely think Goku has something up his sleeve
Look at the Cell games, he was strangely quiet because of Gohan
Now they’re risking to be erased and he's so relaxed
Could he has another Gohan card?

They foreshadowed Gohan's potential twice in particular ( Vegeta's words and Goku saying Gohan raises universe level) maybe Goku really relies on him and to that opening form

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:40 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: While they were clashing fists.
At least that part showed Krillin was shaking and struggling (doesnt make the bit more ok because Krillin is way below there), here its like 17 is the one testing Goku when it should be the other way around, you dont go fist clashing against someone with a dull expression like that unless you're not feeling it.
That is true, which is why it's best to just wait for the episode for something like this. Reserve judgments until actually seeing it. Of course unfortunately I won't be the least bit surprised if Goku actually does need to use SSB to fight 17. But then there's the possibility of a lower form of Goku giving 17 a good fight, but then Toei has Goku go to SSB for whatever reasons anyway.
MrBlackFox wrote:Before tournament:

Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Buu
Krillin
Tien
Roshi

After/during:

Gohan or Goku, due to some insane power up ( I see them getting something, and Goku's new form is maybe spoilered in the opening)
Vegeta
Buu
Krillin
Tien
Roshi

They foreshadowed Gohan's potential twice in particular ( Vegeta's words and Goku saying Gohan raises universe level) maybe Goku really relies on him and to that opening form
Where's Piccolo?
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:16 pm

TheMathemagician wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote: To be fair, SSB Goku also had an expression similar to that against Kuririn, and we know he held back there (as stupid as that scene was in general).
That is true, which is why it's best to just wait for the episode for something like this. Reserve judgments until actually seeing it. Of course unfortunately I won't be the least bit surprised if Goku actually does need to use SSB to fight 17. But then there's the possibility of a lower form of Goku giving 17 a good fight, but then Toei has Goku go to SSB for whatever reasons anyway.

Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Buu
Krillin
Tien
Roshi

After/during:

Vegeta
Buu
Krillin
Tien
Roshi

Where's Piccolo?

He sacrificed himself before tournament starts, someone let the window open and Gohan risked flu :lol:
Seriously though, I admit I totally forgot him, my bad
Very hard to say, maybe under Buu

Lapislettuce
Banned

Post by Lapislettuce » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:18 pm

MrBlackFox wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: At least that part showed Krillin was shaking and struggling (doesnt make the bit more ok because Krillin is way below there), here its like 17 is the one testing Goku when it should be the other way around, you dont go fist clashing against someone with a dull expression like that unless you're not feeling it.

Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Buu
Krillin
Tien
Roshi

After/during:

Vegeta
Buu
Krillin
Tien
Roshi

Where's Piccolo?

He sacrificed himself before tournament starts, someone let the window open and Gohan risked flu :lol:
Omg !!! lol your comment made me laugh more than it should !

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:38 pm

Lapislettuce wrote:
MrBlackFox wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote: That is true, which is why it's best to just wait for the episode for something like this. Reserve judgments until actually seeing it. Of course unfortunately I won't be the least bit surprised if Goku actually does need to use SSB to fight 17. But then there's the possibility of a lower form of Goku giving 17 a good fight, but then Toei has Goku go to SSB for whatever reasons anyway.

Where's Piccolo?

Omg !!! lol your comment made me laugh more than it should !

" That... window... It's over nine thousand! MakankosAchoooo "

ShinTenshin
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShinTenshin » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:39 pm

Toei Animation :
Goku>Vegeta>>C17>>>>>>>>Gohan>>>
Buu>>>>Piccolo=C18=Krilin>>>Kame Sennin=Tenshinhan

Akira Toriyama script :
Goku>Vegeta>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gohan>MajinBuu>>>>>>>Piccolo>C17>C18>>Tenshinhan>Krilin>>Kame Sennin

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:54 pm

ShinTenshin wrote:Toei Animation :
Goku>Vegeta>>C17>>>>>>>>Gohan>>>
Buu>>>>Piccolo=C18=Krilin>>>Kame Sennin=Tenshinhan

Akira Toriyama script :
Goku>Vegeta>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gohan>MajinBuu>>>>>>>Piccolo>C17>C18>>Tenshinhan>Krilin>>Kame Sennin

Toriyama script would have Kuririn above Tien.

In any event, I think most would love to just see the Earthlings be relevant. That would definitely make me happy at least. Lol

SJ158

Post by SJ158 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:06 pm

Still think Krillin will pull more stuff on the ToP due to tall attention his been getting.

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MrBlackFox » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:42 pm

SJ158 wrote:Still think Krillin will pull more stuff on the ToP due to tall attention his been getting.

Krillin and 17 are heavily marketed and pumped up, they're going to have a big role imo too

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:05 pm

Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Buu
Piccolo
Krillin
Tenshinhan
Roshi

As it has always been in terms of power, even though the power difference between Piccolo and 17 is negligible as is Krillin and Tien.

However in terms of spotlight shining prediction:
Goku
17(heavily promoted; returning character. Big draw)
Gohan(heavily promoted; only guy who knows what's going on truly outside Goku)
Krillin(heavily promoted)
Vegeta
Piccolo
18(with 17 and her husband so promoted it'd be odd if she didn't shine a bit even by proxy)
Buu
Roshi
Tenshinhan
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:28 pm

1. Goku
2. Vegeta
3. Gohan
4. Boo
5. No. 17
6. Piccolo
7. No.18
8.Kuririn
9. Tenshinhan
10. Roshi

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:07 pm

KingKaash wrote:1) Goku
2) Vegeta
3) Buu
4) Gohan
5) Android 17
6) Android 18
7) Piccolo (Only because every shot I've seen of Piccolo is him training Gohan. Piccolo was actually showing good strategy against U6 in the Champa arc like Krillin did now but I guess they're not going to build off of that. I think Piccolo can surpass 17 & 18.)
8.) Tien
9) Krillin
10) Master Roshi
How is 18 stronger than Piccolo? gimme a break. Piccolo was on par with 17 back in the Cell arc, and 18 is slightly weaker than her brother. Piccolo trains and she is a stay at home wife.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl