Least favourite character introduced in Dragon Ball Super

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Re: Least favourite character introduced in Dragon Ball Super

Post by precita » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:50 pm

To be honest almost all the new characters have not been that memorable outside of Zamasu/Black, Beerus/Whis, Champa/Vados, and maybe some of the other God's once we get to know them better.

But that's ok. All the U6 fighters are just tournament combatants. Outside of maybe Hit, none of them are meant to be developed characters. Same with the 3 wolves we saw in the exhibition matches. Anyone making a big deal out of these characters is kinda missing the point, we just need them to give the main characters someone to fight.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:04 pm

I'd say Botamo. There's just... nothing about him that intriguing in the slightest. I'd say the same for Monaka but he at least served the purpose of severable subversive gag.

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:29 pm

Monaka. he was just useless....

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:48 am

I don't like Zen'ou. That counts for both of him. He's uninteresting personality-wise (wow a child in charge how amusing) and he's overpowered to the point where it's not fun anymore. Dragon Ball has a lot to do with improvement, but Zen'ou is Mount Everest after a molehill. It's like being shown Buu in the Raditz era; the gap in power between him and our heroes is just uninterestingly large.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:29 pm

Zeno being a child-like God is what makes him interesting in terms of story. If he was just some rational all-knowing being like Beerus or anyone else, it wouldn't be that memorable. In a way he's unpredictable and you have no idea if he potentially has a father above him even.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:38 pm

precita wrote:Zeno being a child-like God is what makes him interesting in terms of story. If he was just some rational all-knowing being like Beerus or anyone else, it wouldn't be that memorable. In a way he's unpredictable and you have no idea if he potentially has a father above him even.
Zeno needs more lines and he is good to go..
His wow wow wow gets irritating sometimes..
The idea behind zeno is pretty cool like you mentioned
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed May 03, 2017 3:30 pm

Goku Black and Zamasu in Toyotaro's manga. Their motivation, characterization and usage is weaker compared to their anime counterpart.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Wed May 03, 2017 4:23 pm

OLKv3 wrote:Anime Frost and the Justice Rangers or whatever they are of Universe 11. I'm sick of the posing fighters
Manga Future Mai is very boring compared to her anime self. I don't hate her, but there's nothing really great about her either.
Good lord have mercy I can't agree with you more. Posing fighters are getting annoying in Dragonball. These Pride Troopers are basically the good version of the Ginyu Force, and between Saiyaman & the Ginyu Force we have seen enough posing fighters to last 10 lifetimes.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed May 03, 2017 4:41 pm

Zeno. He just destroys the entire basic concept of DB, his design is really bland and personality wise he is not interesting either. I could change my mind if the actual arc makes something with him (maybe some Gods realize that they don't need a ruler so childlish and try to do something to him, I dunno).
Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:Goku Black and Zamasu in Toyotaro's manga. Their motivation, characterization and usage is weaker compared to their anime counterpart.
I definetly agree with Black, but I fail to see how Future Zamasu is in any way better in the anime than in the manga, where he could still fight back and be a fearsome enemy by only using special abilities instead of being another «oh yeah I'm also SSB tier because they don't know how to make me dangerous otherwise» like in the anime. Its the first weak villain to rely on so many abilities to keep himself up with the main characters (something that people like Roshi should do in the actual arc btw) since a long time, which is specially interesting because of he being so weak. He felt like a legimately threat unlike in the animated version.
He is way more efficient as well and in the anime he literally had zero motivations. A random ningen with a Potara appears and kills your master. He claims to be doing that for the justice and offers you a Potara. No any more explanation, not explaining of who he is. Yet you smile back at him and hug him after having doubts...for some seconds? The manga at least gave some ambiguity about his fall and he seems to still have a bit of doubts when he fights SSG Goku.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:52 pm

On the top of my head, I'd say Future Zamasu is my most least favorite character in Dragon Ball Super. I find his combat skills and attacks so goddamn dull and boring. As much as I find the Super manga to be underwhelming, at least it gave Future Zamasu other techniques besides his energy blade 24/7. Though this may sound hypocritical considering how much I profess my love for Goku Black and how he somewhat does the same thing as the former, there were at least some different techniques with his blade with the Divine Lasso.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu May 04, 2017 1:20 am

MrBlackFox wrote:Absolutely Jaco

Feels forced as fuck, he's a damn useless advertising for me, and adds nothing to DB Super

I'm glad to see he's not in this arc for now
I'd rather delete him to have Arale in as a regular guest, I love her
TheMikado wrote:Beerus, he's totally inept and doesn't deserve his level of power. He's incredibly lazy which makes me wonder how he managed to train long enough to get that strong or why he was chosen to be the God of Destruction in the first place. At least with Kaioshin he was naive, in experienced, really in a screwed situation where he's the last known survivor and he's actually trying his hardest to not have everything fall to sh*t. What pissed me off the mostvis that Beerus is now literally the cause for everything but can't be bothered enough to do his own dirty work. I really hate that guy as a character. Really like Whis though, he seems to give a sh*t about things even when he doesn't really have to.

Also hate omniking for similar reasons to Beerus.
Neither of these characters were introduced in Super.
Last edited by Soppa Saia People on Thu May 04, 2017 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Thu May 04, 2017 1:39 am

My Top Least-Liked Super Characters:

Cabbe - Bland Character. Goodie-two-shoes. Cliched Shounen Personality.
Toppo - Boring design & Cliche'd Character archetype. Super Sentai Parodies are dated and getting real overdone now.
God Of Destruction Ivan - Terrible design period. My Least favorite of the New Gods.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Thu May 04, 2017 2:50 pm

Zeno. He ruined DBS, basically. And DBS was already a mess.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Thu May 04, 2017 4:41 pm

Legion wrote:Zeno. He ruined DBS, basically. And DBS was already a mess.
How did Zeno ruin Super? Because we have an arc about him destroying universes? It raises the stakes.