Should We expect a databook for Dragon Ball Super anytime soon?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeztin
I Live Here

Should We expect a databook for Dragon Ball Super anytime soon?

Post by Xeztin » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:33 am

Should we expect a collection for Super anytime soon? Or possibly after the series ends? I wonder about Super Dragon Ball Heroes as well.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Should We expect a databook for Dragon Ball Super anytime soon?

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:18 pm

I hope we get a databook/guidebook for Super like we did for GT. Just something to fill in the gaps like what Super Saiyan Rage really is, how God ki works and the amount detail there is Toriyama's plot outline.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:16 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I hope we get a databook/guidebook for Super like we did for GT. Just something to fill in the gaps like what Super Saiyan Rage really is, how God ki works and the amount detail there is Toriyama's plot outline.
Are you talking about the Perfect Files?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:18 pm

I think we will whenever there's a timeskip. If it's after the current arc then it'll cover BOG up to now.

I'd like to see interviews, unused ideas and designs & why things are different between the anime and manga. I'd also like to see Toriyama's scripts for these arcs.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:06 am

Xeztin wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:I hope we get a databook/guidebook for Super like we did for GT. Just something to fill in the gaps like what Super Saiyan Rage really is, how God ki works and the amount detail there is Toriyama's plot outline.
Are you talking about the Perfect Files?
Yes, I am. I wouldn't mind a tidbit book like that in the future. Just to clear things up.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:53 am

Good luck explaining Trunks' strength to anyone who writes it.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:19 am

Probably when the series ends. It started with some sort of production guide book so I can see it ending with somesort of guidebook.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:39 pm

If we do Tenshinhan will be mentioned to be decendant of Aliens like he was in the Daizenshuu. And in this day and age it wont be hidden from American audiences.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:51 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Good luck explaining Trunks' strength to anyone who writes it.
"Future Trunks is a Saiyan. And Saiyans, especially Super Saiyans, are rreeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaalllyy strong."

Dragon Ball Super Duper Data Files - Vol. 2, Page 69

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:02 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
"Future Trunks is a Saiyan. And Saiyans, especially Super Saiyans, are rreeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaalllyy strong."

And by the end of it he's going to become so insane he'll be eating his own feces and shouting that the court of owls is after him in-between mouthfuls. Then he'll evolve into the worlds first Ubermensch.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:07 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:

And by the end of it he's going to become so insane he'll be eating his own feces and shouting that the court of owls is after him in-between mouthfuls. Then he'll evolve into the worlds first Ubermensch.
Delete this comment before Zack Snyder sees it and get any ideas.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:12 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: "Future Trunks is a Saiyan. And Saiyans, especially Super Saiyans, are rreeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaalllyy strong."

I'm a guy who appreciates his mad dog approach so let him see this I say!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:25 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: And by the end of it he's going to become so insane he'll be eating his own feces and shouting that the court of owls is after him in-between mouthfuls. Then he'll evolve into the worlds first Ubermensch.
I'm a guy who appreciates his mad dog approach so let him see this I say!
Really? Huh. So what did you think of BVS?

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:27 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Just something to fill in the gaps like what Super Saiyan Rage really is,
The rage of a Super Saiyan...?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:30 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Just something to fill in the gaps like what Super Saiyan Rage really is,
I know that. But I'd like to know a bit more detail. Like what makes Future Trunks SSJR transformation such a special case where he can jump from SSJ2 tier to nearly SSJB tier.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:41 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Luso Saiyan wrote:
I know that. But I'd like to know a but more detail. Like what makes Future Trunks SSJR transformation such a special case where he can jump from SSJ2 tier to nearly SSJB tier.
I want to know the reason his regular SS is Blue tier in 57 then randomly drops in everything afterward.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:54 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Luso Saiyan wrote:
I know that. But I'd like to know a bit more detail. Like what makes Future Trunks SSJR transformation such a special case where he can jump from SSJ2 tier to nearly SSJB tier.
I want to know the reason his regular SS is Blue tier in 57 then randomly drops in everything afterward.
I just hand wave that as Future Trunks, in the heat of the moment, being able to temporarily tap into some of his SSJR power, and then he later gained full access of all of the SSJR power later by pulling a Vegeta and just brute forcing his way into a mutated SSJ form that led to his strength spiking exponentially.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:56 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote: I know that. But I'd like to know a bit more detail. Like what makes Future Trunks SSJR transformation such a special case where he can jump from SSJ2 tier to nearly SSJB tier.
I just hand wave that as Future Trunks, in the heat of the moment, being able to temporarily tap into some of his SSJR power, and then he later gained full access of all of the SSJR power later by pulling a Vegeta and just brute forcing his way into a mutated SSJ form that led to his strength spiking exponentially.
That's a 20 minute long heat of the moment, sure took awhile. Conveniently kicked it when Black's Kamehameha should've vaporized him too ;)

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:07 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: I want to know the reason his regular SS is Blue tier in 57 then randomly drops in everything afterward.
That's a 20 minute long heat of the moment, sure took awhile. Conveniently kicked it when Black's Kamehameha should've vaporized him too ;)
It was about 10 minutes, to be fair. That still counts as "temporary". :P

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:17 pm

JulianStyles wrote:If we do Tenshinhan will be mentioned to be decendant of Aliens like he was in the Daizenshuu. And in this day and age it wont be hidden from American audiences.
You mean the same Daizenshuu that classified him as a Human type earthling?
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi