Episode 89 preview what we know. Spoilers

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulianStyles
Banned

Episode 89 preview what we know. Spoilers

Post by JulianStyles » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:50 pm

We know Yurin is not Launch. So for those that thought this episode will be some gag episode. You were wrong.

Roshi will be mind control which will power scale him all the way to Base Goku. And for anyone say Goku is holding back. No he is not because this is a legit threat. Not a sparring match. If he was leagues above the threat he could incapasitate him like Beerus did SS3 Goku first time they met.

For those who thought Tenshinhan will be a throw in ( Even though the title and setting is about him. ) you were wrong.

It also seems that Tenshinhan will be the hero of the episode and will unleash a new powerful technique as he was in a final flash stance.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Re: Episode 89 preview what we know. Spoilers

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:56 pm

Chinese vampires.

Fighting Roshi.

New girl (Launch will be mad as hell to learn her man is with someone new).
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:10 pm

Roshi being part of the team I'm still trying to wrap my mind around. He felt helpless against Raditz, and Nappa/Vegeta. He stayed home in front of his television those times.

I actually like seeing Roshi get a potential spot light here as well as the other Z fighters, don't get me wrong. It's just that I keep thinking to myself "why NOW and not earlier"? If his and Krillin's technique can help in this tournament, Roshi could have very well decided to try to help in earlier fights. Am I right?
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:26 pm

JulianStyles wrote:Roshi will be mind control which will power scale him all the way to Base Goku. And for anyone say Goku is holding back. No he is not because this is a legit threat. Not a sparring match. If he was leagues above the threat he could incapasitate him like Beerus did SS3 Goku first time they met.
How do you know it's not a situation where if he uses his full power he risks killing Roshi?

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:34 pm

Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:Roshi being part of the team I'm still trying to wrap my mind around. He felt helpless against Raditz, and Nappa/Vegeta. He stayed home in front of his television those times.

I actually like seeing Roshi get a potential spot light here as well as the other Z fighters, don't get me wrong. It's just that I keep thinking to myself "why NOW and not earlier"? If his and Krillin's technique can help in this tournament, Roshi could have very well decided to try to help in earlier fights. Am I right?
Roshi couldn't even stop King Piccolo in Dragonball, it's absurd how much weaker he is than the entire rest of the main cast yet he's being included in the tournament.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:59 pm

Really could've used some chinese vampires when the Saiyans invaded. Just brainwash Master Roshi and watch him smash Vegeta's face in with one punch.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:14 pm

JulianStyles wrote:We know Yurin is not Launch. So for those that thought this episode will be some gag episode. You were wrong.

Roshi will be mind control which will power scale him all the way to Base Goku. And for anyone say Goku is holding back. No he is not because this is a legit threat. Not a sparring match. If he was leagues above the threat he could incapasitate him like Beerus did SS3 Goku first time they met.

For those who thought Tenshinhan will be a throw in ( Even though the title and setting is about him. ) you were wrong.

It also seems that Tenshinhan will be the hero of the episode and will unleash a new powerful technique as he was in a final flash stance.
Nothing really indicated that at all. That's the same stance he made before using the Four Witches technique.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:19 pm

Tien has been liftin brah
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Mon May 01, 2017 1:09 am

omaro34 wrote:Tien has been liftin brah
Tenshinhan has always been the most in shape character. Watch the Trunks saga. Hes Jacked.

JulianStyles
Banned

Post by JulianStyles » Mon May 01, 2017 1:12 am

TheMathemagician wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:We know Yurin is not Launch. So for those that thought this episode will be some gag episode. You were wrong.

Nothing really indicated that at all. That's the same stance he made before using the Four Witches technique.
Him the episode is named after him. The final scene is him powering up some attack.
Simere wrote:
JulianStyles wrote:Roshi will be mind control which will power scale him all the way to Base Goku. And for anyone say Goku is holding back. No he is not because this is a legit threat. Not a sparring match. If he was leagues above the threat he could incapasitate him like Beerus did SS3 Goku first time they met.
How do you know it's not a situation where if he uses his full power he risks killing Roshi?
I explained that in my comment lol.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Mon May 01, 2017 1:22 am

Chinese Vampire drain Ki, don't they? Because if so, Goku might be fucked.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Mon May 01, 2017 1:24 am

Tenshinhan's pupils are clones. Really, is it that difficult for Toei to design a few different body types or faces?
Last edited by Basako on Mon May 01, 2017 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heno heno kappa!

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Mon May 01, 2017 1:29 am

JulianStyles wrote: I explained that in my comment lol.
You asserted it, you didn't explain it. lol.

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Mon May 01, 2017 2:06 am

Basako wrote:Tenshinhan's pupils are clones. Really, is it that difficult for Toei to design a few different body types or faces?
That's just both Toei and Toriyama's style, and I think it's for the best. Look at the flashbacks in the Dragon Ball Anime with all of Mutaito's students looking exact carbon copies and then look at Toriyama's designs for the Dragon Quest games.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.

TheMathemagician
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheMathemagician » Mon May 01, 2017 3:10 am

JulianStyles wrote:
TheMathemagician wrote:

Him the episode is named after him. The final scene is him powering up some attack.
Simere wrote:
I explained that in my comment lol.
If that's your logic, it's pretty flimsy tbh. The Future Trunks Saga is named after Future Trunks, but he certainly wasn't the hero of that saga. The final scene of the NEP is him showing off his wingspan in the same stance to where he used the Four Witches technique. It very well could be a new technique, and I'd prefer if it were. However, you can't even tell me without a shadow of a doubt that that scene takes place near the end of the episode. All I'm saying is that's pretty bad logic and isn't a good indicator of how the episode will end up.
"Sighs...At my age, I already have a woman who follows me around thinking she's my wife. Oh! My youth's rotting away!" - Ataru Moroboshi

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Mon May 01, 2017 7:56 am

DBZ Macky wrote:
Basako wrote:Tenshinhan's pupils are clones. Really, is it that difficult for Toei to design a few different body types or faces?
That's just both Toei and Toriyama's style, and I think it's for the best. Look at the flashbacks in the Dragon Ball Anime with all of Mutaito's students looking exact carbon copies and then look at Toriyama's designs for the Dragon Quest games.
No, that was just Toei. Toriyama didn't show other Mutaito's pupils than Kame and Tsuru in the manga. The clone disciples of king Chappa weren't in the manga either. As counterpoint, we have the monk partners of Krilin, each one different from the other, that was Toriyama's.

His designs for Dragon Quest or Chrono Trigger were very cool, that doesn't make any point here.
Heno heno kappa!

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon May 01, 2017 8:14 am

A few things:

This is the kind of one-off nothingness comment that's best placed (if even that) within the respective episode's discussion thread. That being said, is it really worth theorizing and being antagonistic over something that you're going to learn about in a week's time?

Furthermore, this is the same old transparent agenda nonsense you exclusively post about. We're interested in diverse conversations from well-rounded community members. You're consistently having your threads and posts locked, warned, deleted, etc. for all sorts of reasons. Again, if you truly want to see your point through to the end and get to have that juicy "told ya' so!" moment if and when it comes around, you may want to invest in keeping your account active until then.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::