Beerus' secret about Planet Vegeta.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

excelhedge
Beyond Newbie

Beerus' secret about Planet Vegeta.

Post by excelhedge » Tue May 09, 2017 3:16 pm

That has to be the main reason that [spoiler]Frieza[/spoiler] comes back! So he can let it slip either during the tournament or after that he was working under Beerus' orders!

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Re: Beerus' secret about Planet Vegeta.

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Tue May 09, 2017 3:51 pm

That would be a twist.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue May 09, 2017 4:03 pm

Yeah but even if he did have orders from Beerus, its clear he had reasons of his own too.

Frieza's list of Reasons for Destroying Planet Vegeta

Saiyans are naturally rebellious, they would have caused an uprising sooner or later.

The Saiyans as a race were quickly outpacing all their other warriors in growth, which fuels the fires of rebellion.

The Oozaru Transformation as it would allow an army of powerful saiyans to become a threat to even Frieza.

The Legend of the Super Saiyan.

Beerus Orders it done and he can not only kill Frieza but wipe out the whole empire to!

Better get out of the way now and loose one planet rather then let them cause trouble on multiple worlds and have to perform clean up.

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Wed May 10, 2017 4:13 pm

excelhedge wrote:That has to be the main reason that [spoiler]Frieza[/spoiler] comes back! So he can let it slip either during the tournament or after that he was working under Beerus' orders!
Yup I think Frieza could tell it to Vegeta knowing how pissed he would be after being the lapdog of Beerus all the times

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Wed May 10, 2017 5:09 pm

I doubt Vegeta even cares at this point. Earth is his home now.

IKevinX
Not-So-Newbie

Post by IKevinX » Wed May 10, 2017 10:46 pm

That could be expanded upon. Surely Frieza isn't coming back just to appear. We don't know how Vegeta will feel. He might imagine his entire life if his Planet wasn't destroyed. Obviously it will boil down to him embracing even more what happened since he's fond of Earth.
Though I don't see Vegeta forgiving Frieza though.
Playlist for my Deep Look series on DBS. Analysis Manga+Anime
Playlist for my Top 7 Best moments on DBS, per arc.

Awesome Goku Black Tribute
Goku SSJ4 vs Goku SSJ God

I don't know why Jpn loves the first Broly movies given then enormous amount of parodies, but I've come to love them aswell, hence the Paragus.

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -You know who. (Not Voldemort)

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu May 11, 2017 1:44 am

He can let it slip all he wants with a cherry on top, Vegeta is such a bore pansy now all he will do is hmph and say a silly line then continue changing diapers..

Freeza is going to be such a breath of fresh air and can gladly take the position of rival from Vegeta
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Mercenary
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mercenary » Thu May 11, 2017 7:47 am

MagmonKai wrote:I doubt Vegeta even cares at this point. Earth is his home now.

Actually, he cares. Remember ROF?

"Use your head! Do you actually think I would stay loyal to you after you blew up the planet I was destined to rule!?"

Legion
Regular

Post by Legion » Thu May 11, 2017 8:39 am

Mercenary wrote:

"Use your head! Do you actually think I would stay loyal to you after you blew up the planet I was destined to rule!?"
This was in the movie.

I agree that Vegeta probably does not care. I doubt that we'll see Beerus vs Vegeta.

Bulma's Foot Masseur
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bulma's Foot Masseur » Thu May 11, 2017 9:01 am

I really hope they address that otherwise-nuisance plot point. It would actually be perfectly fluid and believable if Vegeta refuses to fight on the same team as the villain who massacred his race, only for Beerus to respond, "...Well Vegeta, he was just taking orders."

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Thu May 11, 2017 1:10 pm

We've seen how Vegeta has "lost" his Saiyan pride...graveling before Beerus, acting all homey and fatherly. This current Vegeta would be just like, Oh well, they had their time to shine. I'm sure he'd be upset internally, but he wouldn't do anything about it. Maybe use it as fuel to get stronger than Beerus. Right now he's like an ant fighting a human, sure he can sting/bite but he can't do anything serious to Lord Beerus.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Thu May 11, 2017 4:24 pm

Legion wrote:
Mercenary wrote:

This was in the movie.

I agree that Vegeta probably does not care. I doubt that we'll see Beerus vs Vegeta.
Vegeta probably doesn't care about his home planet anymore, but do you really think Vegeta will forgive Freeza for killing him on Namek and subjected him to serve him for many years while growing up?
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Thu May 11, 2017 7:30 pm

He's not going to hold a grudge against the most powerful being in his universe that can destroy him with the flick of a finger. It's pointless. With Freeza he could have some hope of acting out revenge.

IntoTheFire
Beyond Newbie

Post by IntoTheFire » Sun May 14, 2017 7:18 am

I think it would be interesting if it did come up and to see Vegeta being upset about it. They did mention it rather recently with RoF but we'll have to wit and see.
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sun May 14, 2017 11:39 am

MagmonKai wrote:We've seen how Vegeta has "lost" his Saiyan pride...
No, we haven't. His Saiyan pride is very much intact and has been a consistent part of his character. We've seen that recently when he tried to give her daughter a name worthy of Saiyan royalty/heritage.

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Sun May 14, 2017 3:02 pm

Does it make Freeza less of a space Hitler? Hardly so not seeing how would this 'revelation' change much

Super_Divine_Genki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Super_Divine_Genki » Tue May 16, 2017 3:39 pm

I still feel torn about this because -- why would they spoil such a huge move ahead in the Episode Title rather than it being a major twist for when the time comes?

Anyway -- as others have mentioned here and elsewhere -- IF Freeza is going to officially be the 10th member, the Beerus/Planet Vegeta stuff needs to be addressed. That would give Freeza returning an extra loose end to tie up, and perhaps pull Vegeta back into being somewhat compelling after his "hiatus". I would be curious to see how Vegeta would respond to Beerus after learning that he had a hand/influence in the fate of his home planet, as well as the domino effect of events that transpired following its destruction. A la, things coming full circle.

Not saying that Vegeta cares all that much at this point, but Vegeta directly challenging Beerus to a serious 1-on-1 (he already can't stand that Beerus just hangs out at his house all the time :p) doesn't sound too bad to me because Super needs to shake things up sometimes. The Destroyee VS The Destroyer. :o

And -- while I'm satisfied with how Resurrection 'F' concluded with Vegeta not killing the big bad -- I felt that there was a missed opportunity to delve back, even briefly, into the history between Vegeta/Freeza.

But, I have no expectations as far as those ideas go...

funrush

Post by funrush » Tue May 16, 2017 6:20 pm

Vegeta or Zeno having a falling out with/killing Beerus would be a way to tidy up the story before EoZ.

Unless you want to just go with the "they ran out of food to try" route.

Cabba
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Cabba » Thu May 18, 2017 3:43 pm

funrush wrote:Vegeta or Zeno having a falling out with/killing Beerus would be a way to tidy up the story before EoZ.

Unless you want to just go with the "they ran out of food to try" route.
Fuck EoZ, i hope DBS goes past it

Kassavo

Post by Kassavo » Thu May 18, 2017 4:29 pm

For real, EOZ isn't a fitting end to this series at all.
Strive to be the best you possible. Work hard to surpass your limits and make improvements that will better your chances of success in life. Always seek new challenges no matter how tough of an opponent stands before you. This is the philosophy which all Gokuists live by. #Gokuism #Gokuist www.ayomrnelson.com