Ultimate Goku?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Master Xar
Banned Alternate Account

Ultimate Goku?

Post by Master Xar » Sun May 21, 2017 9:36 am

This episode hinted that Elder Kai can awaken Goku's potential, would you like to see that in the future?

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Ultimate Goku?

Post by PMD » Sun May 21, 2017 11:20 am

That's probably where we're headed, if we follow the hints in the opening and the way Gohan told Goku he would like to excel his power in his own way in episode 90.

I would be cool with that. I just don't want any more new transformations. I'm still not feeling SSJG, SSJB and SSJR (damn, those are a lot of new transformations in such short period of time).

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun May 21, 2017 11:22 am

PMD wrote:That's probably where we're headed, if we follow the hints in the opening and the way Gohan told Goku he would like to excel his power in his own way in episode 90.

I would be cool with that. I just don't want any more new transformations. I'm still not feeling SSJG, SSJB and SSJR (damn, those are a lot of new transformations in such short period of time).
You forgot SSI
Also, goku might just learn how to ultimate by himself later on
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Sun May 21, 2017 11:30 am

Ki Breaker wrote: You forgot SSI
But that was a cool power boost. Idk, I don't think I can consider SSJ Ikari a different transformation per se. More like a sub-transformation/level-up, right?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun May 21, 2017 11:32 am

PMD wrote:
But that was a cool power boost. Idk, I don't think I can consider SSJ Ikari a different transformation per se. More like a sub-transformation/level-up, right?
He transformed into it several times, it's not like it was a one time boost, it's being considered as a transformation while not receiving the acknowledgement of one..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun May 21, 2017 11:42 am

The opening and ending already imply that Goku's got something that makes him massively stronger in something resembling his Base than anything Blue or KK Blue have done so.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun May 21, 2017 11:44 am

Master Xar wrote:This episode hinted that Elder Kai can awaken Goku's potential, would you like to see that in the future?
Wouldn't call it a "hint" considering in Buu saga they said Ro Kaioshin can awaken the potential of anyone. Anyways, no. I wouldn't like to see that. I'm in favor of some characters having unique transformations, Ultimate is meant for Gohan. Also, what would change in Goku's appearance if he went Ultimate? We wouldn't know how to differentiate so it's pointless.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Sun May 21, 2017 11:50 am

I don't like Goku's clown hair, so I'd rather have him transform, to use the full extent of it.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun May 21, 2017 11:52 am

Desassina wrote:I don't like Goku's clown hair, so I'd rather have him transform, to use the full extent of it.
Clown hair?

Desassina

Post by Desassina » Sun May 21, 2017 11:53 am

Yes, he has a round head on top, and the hair extends to each side. The uneven split makes it cooler though.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun May 21, 2017 11:55 am

Grimlock wrote:
Master Xar wrote:This episode hinted that Elder Kai can awaken Goku's potential, would you like to see that in the future?
Wouldn't call it a "hint" considering in Buu saga they said Ro Kaioshin can awaken the potential of anyone. Anyways, no. I wouldn't like to see that. I'm in favor of some characters having unique transformations, Ultimate is meant for Gohan. Also, what would change in Goku's appearance if he went Ultimate? We wouldn't know how to differentiate so it's pointless.
If the OP is anything to go by then the white mist/glow all over his body. I agree tho I'd rather have Goku get a new form exclusively for himself than a similar Ultimate form.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun May 21, 2017 12:02 pm

There's a high possibility that Ultimate Goku is going to happen considering how we saw his power up transition from SSJB to his base form that has some sort of red glow to it. The Opening and subsequently this whole arc is about breaking limits and since Elder Kai has the ability to summon one's potential beyond its limits, there's a high chance of Ultimate Goku happening.

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Sun May 21, 2017 12:02 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
PMD wrote:
He transformed into it several times, it's not like it was a one time boost, it's being considered as a transformation while not receiving the acknowledgement of one..
I guess you're right. Didn't think it that way. Anyway, I like SSJ Ikari :D

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Sun May 21, 2017 12:14 pm

How about Goku and Vegeta get their own power up via their own measure instead of everyone doing the same song and dance.

Gohan> ultimate
Goku> kioken from his base form by his own merits. Not ultimate form. Just god ki in base with kioken.

Vegeta> ssb2

Gohan keeps white aura, Goku red and Vegeta blue..

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun May 21, 2017 12:15 pm

This '' Ultimate '' state is not something unique and unheard of. It's just Gohan with all his occult power released, this can be done on anyone.

I would not see a problem if that happened, but would it change anything in Goku's power?
If in DBS, the '' Ultimate '' form is being treated as a transformation, so why would Goku choose this form instead of SSB?

If his base power increased, without the need to use that form, then it would be good, because if the base form gets stronger,by using SSB, it would get even stronger
Freeza9000 wrote:There's a high possibility that Ultimate Goku is going to happen considering how we saw his power up transition from SSJB to his base form that has some sort of red glow to it. The Opening and subsequently this whole arc is about breaking limits and since Elder Kai has the ability to summon one's potential beyond its limits, there's a high chance of Ultimate Goku happening.
This may just be something to not show the possible new transformation, or it can actually be in the base form

TheGreatSaiyaman
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGreatSaiyaman » Sun May 21, 2017 1:03 pm

Nah, Ultimate Goku just doesn't feel right imo, he can keep his transformations, he looks better that way.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun May 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Ultimate Goku would be strange, I think that should remain unique to Gohan right? It's his only claim to fame in Super. Also how would you make his hair? All Gohan got was a bang and Goku has like 4 of those. I don't know I just don't like the thought of it because then there's going to be a plot hole of "why doesn't everyone do this to make them stronger?" Also wouldn't that make him weaker than Gohan if Gohan goes beyond "Mystic, Ultimate"?

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Sun May 21, 2017 1:18 pm

No but what about other characters bar Goku Elder Kai?

Further more... I think Goku will awake something similar on his own

gofishus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gofishus » Sun May 21, 2017 3:45 pm

Xeztin wrote:Ultimate Goku would be strange, I think that should remain unique to Gohan right? It's his only claim to fame in Super. Also how would you make his hair? All Gohan got was a bang and Goku has like 4 of those. I don't know I just don't like the thought of it because then there's going to be a plot hole of "why doesn't everyone do this to make them stronger?" Also wouldn't that make him weaker than Gohan if Gohan goes beyond "Mystic, Ultimate"?
Well in the latest episode 91, Elder Kai pretty much confirmed he could make anyone "mystic" at anytime. Why everyone doesnt do this before the Black Saga is beyond me.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun May 21, 2017 3:58 pm

gofishus wrote:
Xeztin wrote:Ultimate Goku would be strange, I think that should remain unique to Gohan right? It's his only claim to fame in Super. Also how would you make his hair? All Gohan got was a bang and Goku has like 4 of those. I don't know I just don't like the thought of it because then there's going to be a plot hole of "why doesn't everyone do this to make them stronger?" Also wouldn't that make him weaker than Gohan if Gohan goes beyond "Mystic, Ultimate"?
Well in the latest episode 91, Elder Kai pretty much confirmed he could make anyone "mystic" at anytime. Why everyone doesnt do this before the Black Saga is beyond me.
How many have asked him to?