Thoughts on Ribrianne?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: Thoughts on Ribrianne?

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:44 pm

She's a thick, lovable, fun character who has love bursting from the seams.

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:17 pm

Lionel wrote:
Weejus wrote:
Lionel wrote:Criminally one-dimensional with respect to her notions of "love". It would have been just as easy to portray her as an espouser for sensualism and lust because that's what her ideals amounted to. Her adoring fans marched lock-step like some collective hivemind of ants behind her who were incapable of doing anything except venerating the ground that she and her little posse walked on. It was a hollowed out gesture for such a multivariously complicated idea like "love".

Love isn't something that you can just write off as glamourous and sexualising. It's intense, possessing, even destructive... Love can mean so many things to any number of people. There's a love of significant others, romantic companions, obviously. But then you have a love of familial ones, compatriots, or even a distortive love or attachment to enemies for some eccentric sequence of circumstances that lead to such a point. Love isn't relegated to just people, neither -- a person could harbour a love of country, of beliefs. In the right mindset a person can extrapolate the meaning of love to include things such as a neurotic mania for destruction, murder, violence, criminality, and all sorts of nefarious activities which wouldn't normally be characterised with such a descriptive positive term.

Point is, love is an open interpretative ideal with people defining it in so many different contexts to contain some type of meaning with the actions and emotions they feel in their lives. Ribrianne wasn't much better for an idealist of love than Mr Satan's narcissistic filler playboy student, Caroni.
Personally, I see this as its own interesting concept. If the Dragon Ball multiverse is so vast, why wouldn't a universe be 'led' by a character with misconceived ideals, as well as having everyone worship her for it? Had the writers perhaps doubled down on this (and had the narrative structure benefited more of a moral disconnect between certain characters to better fit it), she could have made for a compelling antagonist of sorts. In that sense, Ribrianne's false beliefs and ideas are perhaps her greatest asset as a character (I'm talking more on paper, less in execution, but that's its own discussion). It makes her flawed and naive, it gives her a chance to learn. I'm not saying it's a hugely compelling character arc, and one could say her elimination wrapped up said character arc (in terms of her reevaluating the concept of love) too fast for her own good, but at least something is laid there by portraying her as narrow-minded, yet overconfident in her ideals. There no reason she couldn't be a warped sensationalist using 'love' to justify all manner of acts, the same way Zamasu/Black sees his deeds as a matter of 'justice', though not in an outright 'evil' way like Zamasu, more 'incorrect'. What I mean is, the idea of a fleshed out, not-evil Dragon Ball character whose personality is defined by doing things they believe is right, yet driven by misguided views is (in my mind) a compelling one, given that you could say most real people fit that description.
All I can say is that Ribrianne seemed shortsighted and naive. There wasn't enough gradation to her centralised belief in "love" or how it translates into the actionable questions of life and society for it to be anything compelling. She believes in love, harmony, and... peace? I assume her Kamikaze Fireballs had a monopoly on the hearts, beliefs and minds of everyone in her universe. It doesn't leave much room for nuance or moral shades, does it? They wave their torches in lockstep solidarity as they're getting erased and pledge their unyielding loyalty to this starstruck dazzler with nothing in her eyes except hearts -- and she wants to become a deity?
I find the seeming lack of gradation and nuance in her worldview to feed into what I was just saying. Sure, I could point to the narrative structure of the ToP and blame that for lack of character development...basically anywhere, not just in Ribrianne's case, there just wasn't any time in that year-long 48 minute cluster of a tournament to really build upon the foundations laid in that very same arc. Still, as I was saying, I do find the idea of Ribrianne and her crew having those of their universe blindly follow them to be compelling, as I don't think anyone in universe 2 was designed to show any real complexity. The point of Ribrianne was for her to be shortsighted and naive, and she supposedly (and indirectly) paid for her lack of understanding with her life. Perhaps a comparison could be drawn between the relationship of Ribrianne and her followers and how real people obsess over celebrities/influential figures? Universe 2's citizens stood in the streets, covered in Team Universe 2 merchandise, the team were clearly more than just strong people Heles and Pell happened to find. Celebrity culture is likely a driving force in how universe 2's overarching society functions. Much as I would like for there to be an introspective (roundabout) look into the damaging aspects of Japanese idol culture (given Brianne de Chateau is an idol of sorts), for example an older, wiser (nonspecific level goddess?) Ribrianne reflecting upon how she has been perceived over the years and how her influence has shaped the world around her, and changing her practice as a result, Dragon Ball isn't the place to do it (and let's be real, that Ribrianne side series I keep hearing a couple people pine for ain't happening, sadly).

Though what I'm about to write may read at odds with what I just wrote, it has me fascinated with what she might do if she were to somehow reach legit 'goddess' status (ignoring the fact her wishing for it, had she won the ToP, may have resulted in everything being erased) - would her beliefs change to form something more objectively altrustic or caring (perhaps due to the influence of other deities around her?), or would she dive deeper into selfish desires that everyone would be too lovestruck/weak to confront her over? Imagine Ribrianne as a God of Destruction! Even though Heles was similarly fixated on love, I feel Ribrianne would be a more aggressive leader.

(Apologies for the ramble, more ideas kept coming to mind as I was writing this, and I kind of got out of hand. :lol: )
Lord Frieza wrote:She's a thick, lovable, fun character who has love bursting from the seams.
In a much smaller nutshell, I agree! She's just so much fun to watch in action!

Puaru
Banned

Post by Puaru » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:04 pm

She's really really really weak considering that even her "final form" was beaten by 18, a character firmly stuck in the Cell saga in terms of power level.

Weejus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Weejus » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:18 pm

Puaru wrote:She's really really really weak considering that even her "final form" was beaten by 18, a character firmly stuck in the Cell saga in terms of power level.
Forgive me for asking, but do we know if 18's power really didn't increase much post-Cell? If it didn't, then the gaps in power between the alleged 'tiers' (e.g. Goku and Jiren being top, Toppo and Vegeta being below them etc etc) mustn't be that large if 18 was selected for the team despite not increasing much in the face of other characters receiving multiple transformations and the stakes being raised so high. Furthermore, that would also make Ribrianne not that weak in comparison. Obviously she wouldn't be able to take down the likes of Goku or Jiren, but she wouldn't be a million miles away if 18 were to be in the same ballpark.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:42 pm

About Ribrianne, I'll have to agree with Vegeta... She's so ugly and gross that I would not even want to hit her... I'd just... Avoid her, like I avoid the dog shit I find on the road. Her human form, on the other hand...
Get Fucked, C_unt

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:38 pm

A fun parody on the Sailor Moon character, for sure.

Considering most of Dragon Ball's fanbase are male (not all, but I'd bet most are male), a lot of the humor parody is lost on them (not all, being a male myself, but many, it seems).

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:00 pm

Weejus wrote:
Puaru wrote:She's really really really weak considering that even her "final form" was beaten by 18, a character firmly stuck in the Cell saga in terms of power level.
Forgive me for asking, but do we know if 18's power really didn't increase much post-Cell? If it didn't, then the gaps in power between the alleged 'tiers' (e.g. Goku and Jiren being top, Toppo and Vegeta being below them etc etc) mustn't be that large if 18 was selected for the team despite not increasing much in the face of other characters receiving multiple transformations and the stakes being raised so high. Furthermore, that would also make Ribrianne not that weak in comparison. Obviously she wouldn't be able to take down the likes of Goku or Jiren, but she wouldn't be a million miles away if 18 were to be in the same ballpark.
It's pretty obvious that 18 got stronger. Ribrianne was no weakling, as she was able to keep current base Goku and Vegeta busy, who are both much stronger than anything from Z.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:23 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:
Weejus wrote:
It's pretty obvious that 18 got stronger. Ribrianne was no weakling, as she was able to keep current base Goku and Vegeta busy, who are both much stronger than anything from Z.
They are both weak anyway and they never mention 18 getting that much stronger at all while with everyone else they do.

Beating Ribrianne, a gag character who was essentially gettinh beat by Base Goku and Vegeta is not really that big of an achievement.

CJStriker_CBR
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:38 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:A fun parody on the Sailor Moon character, for sure.

Considering most of Dragon Ball's fanbase are male (not all, but I'd bet most are male), a lot of the humor parody is lost on them (not all, being a male myself, but many, it seems).
Indeed I believe it is likely most fans of DB are males, but I am certain their is a great sizable number of female fans too, but it would surprise me in this sea of Anime at our Fingertips now that humor that we see from Ribrianne is somehow not acceptable in a show like DB after seeing it in other animes. But also that style of humor moments are in both Original and Z dragon ball as well as Super and it never seemed like a major deal before if that is the complaint case for Ribrianne, very few complained about the past humor moments.

Also to get so deep into dislike about humor from certain moments when dragon ball his full of over the top humor moments from various characters seems odd.

Also like I said in my previous post their was more to Ribrianne then Humor and think fans should take time now to better analyze her character now that the edge is off on what the ToP will end up being. :idea:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=38679&start=140#p1489640
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:44 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:
Weejus wrote:
I think it is obvious both ladies are Stronger then most give them credit for, 18 for sure got more powerful from her battle with Ribrianne when you analyze the episode. We get SO DEEP into the Power-Ups of Goku, Vegeta and most any saiyan, but that is easy cause we know their levels causes of their Muti-Colored-Rainbow-Hairstyle that we can estimate where they are when they are fighting. But with other characters that becomes way harder and it seems we have trouble figuring that out in the fandom.

But to the point, 18 also Used her own Power of Love to Greatly Increase her own level, as we saw she had a flashback to her felling for her family and Krillian and then she sparked with new, amazing power. Just cause her hair or form did not change does not mean we can't see that being an increase for her. By then end of the ToP it is greatly likely 18 was FAR more stronger going out then going in, WAY beyond what she was in the Cell Arc, meaning also Ribrianne was way beyond what many give her credit for too. Again Ribrianne tanked SSJ-Vegeta and Impressed Android 17, also she took no damage from a hit by SSJ-Blue Goku, really indeed while the writing was lazy for power scaling for many moments of many characters outside of Saiyans or Jiren, these moments can be taken into account with where I believe the writers where trying to go with some characters like 18 and Ribrianne and both should get far more credit then they are given by some in the fanbase.
My #1 in DB!

TheDipDap1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:10 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
TheDipDap1234 wrote:
Weejus wrote: Forgive me for asking, but do we know if 18's power really didn't increase much post-Cell? If it didn't, then the gaps in power between the alleged 'tiers' (e.g. Goku and Jiren being top, Toppo and Vegeta being below them etc etc) mustn't be that large if 18 was selected for the team despite not increasing much in the face of other characters receiving multiple transformations and the stakes being raised so high. Furthermore, that would also make Ribrianne not that weak in comparison. Obviously she wouldn't be able to take down the likes of Goku or Jiren, but she wouldn't be a million miles away if 18 were to be in the same ballpark.
They are both weak anyway and they never mention 18 getting that much stronger at all while with everyone else they do.

Beating Ribrianne, a gag character who was essentially gettinh beat by Base Goku and Vegeta is not really that big of an achievement.
Feats above statements, or in that case, non-statements. Also don't really get your "they are both weak anyway" comment. Just because they're both weak compared to the likes of Jiren, Goku,etc means we can't talk about them?

Beating someone that was praised by Grand Priest and a God of Destruction (Liquir) is. Ribrianne never lost to base Goku, and the only reason she was losing to base Vegeta is because she didn't have faith in her universe anymore as they were losing more and more battles.
Gowasu's number 1 fan.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:35 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
TheDipDap1234 wrote:

Feats above statements, or in that case, non-statements. Also don't really get your "they are both weak anyway" comment. Just because they're both weak compared to the likes of Jiren, Goku,etc means we can't talk about them?

Beating someone that was praised by Grand Priest and a God of Destruction (Liquir) is. Ribrianne never lost to base Goku, and the only reason she was losing to base Vegeta is because she didn't have faith in her universe anymore as they were losing more and more battles.
Indeed, while I am not a full fan of how Toei wrote Ribrianne's power scaling in the mid episode 107-118, indeed they at least tried to give Legitimate reasons why she was having a Hard time at points. Anyone that is aware of either Magical Girl Anime or even How DC Comics Green Lantern Heroes work, their power levels and strength is based allot on their confidence in their beliefs. If they are losing confidence in themselves they become weaker, it is not like Traditional DB characters that just train and keep up their power like some muscle builder, their power is either Very High of Very Low based on their confidence in their beliefs and abilities and I think this is where many DB fans seem to be missing and even skipping Vital Story Details about Ribrianne and Magical Girls in General and just low-balling it to she is just weak cause of rationals they have use for other characters but base on other forms of traditional power usage.

Ribrianne was Very Confident in herself in Episodes 102-103, so she was Very Powerful against SSJ-Vegeta and Android 17, but in episode 111 she was shown after the battle with Vegeta to be losing that confidence in herself and her Universe's ablity to survive, thus it lead to her weakening greatly.

I think many DB fans need to open their minds to that power sets of different characters just work differently base on their mythos and not all are just the same cookie-cutter way the U7 characters have been. :idea:
My #1 in DB!

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:44 pm

To me she was one of the more enjoyable characters introduced this arc and I at the very least enjoyed her antics. Though one thing I found to be a bit odd in retrospect was the amount of screen time she got, not that I'm saying its a bad thing. Let me explain, before the tournament had begun she was one of the few new characters to be shown off, as well as that she was also shown to be fighting Vegeta as a super saiyan in the opening. Now it was these two things that made me believe she'd be one of the more important fighters in the tournament, and this was further reinforced with how much screen time she got. This made me think that she'd end up knocking some one out from U7, yet come 117 and she ends up getting eliminated by 18. It was for those reasons that I found it odd that she ended up getting so much screen time as she didn't end up playing that big a role in the tournament and also failed to knockout anyone important from U7.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:04 pm

CriticalThinker wrote:To me she was one of the more enjoyable characters introduced this arc and I at the very least enjoyed her antics. Though one thing I found to be a bit odd in retrospect was the amount of screen time she got, not that I'm saying its a bad thing. Let me explain, before the tournament had begun she was one of the few new characters to be shown off, as well as that she was also shown to be fighting Vegeta as a super saiyan in the opening. Now it was these two things that made me believe she'd be one of the more important fighters in the tournament, and this was further reinforced with how much screen time she got. This made me think that she'd end up knocking some one out from U7, yet come 117 and she ends up getting eliminated by 18. It was for those reasons that I found it odd that she ended up getting so much screen time as she didn't end up playing that big a role in the tournament and also failed to knockout anyone important from U7.
1st off I like your post CriticalThinker and well state on your liking of Ribrianne and your question is a good one that I found odd as well.

However I think it is more simple then we like to believe........1st off to say, I was Happy about characters of U7 like Androids 18, 17, Gohan, Piccolo and others getting their shining moments in the ToP that help their fanbases to various degrees see them getting their moments to shine and finally their fans feel like their characters got some golden moments after so long. Heck, Fans of Androids 17 and 18 might have felt jipped for nearly 2 decades of near non-use of them and even just fading into the background for far to long. The ToP was the moment they had been waiting for to see their favorites have shining moments.

For that I am happy for their Fanbases.

Now how that goes to your point why Ribrianne did not go further or did not eliminate any big names of U7 is really how the story was written and it seems pretty clear-cut by how I just said how well U7 did.

Remember..........U7 Eliminated ALL the Universes in the ToP, had over 50 + eliminations under their belts out of 70 opponents and Finally nearly 1/2 of the members of U7 got to have either heroic moments with their eliminations or did not get physically eliminated by any other opponents in the cases of 18, Goku, Frieza, Gohan, Master Roshi.

Going by this it was Clear the Writers where laser focused on this Event being U7's shining moments to shine. To Have members of U7 look their best they can against what Toei built up as powerful opponents to beat each to various degrees of power. IMO this might be Toei's Swan Song in being sorry to fans of U7 for so many years of neglect with many of these fighters and they wanted to make justice for them.

Sadly, this IMO made Toei to make the call that while they gave good Character Development towards fighters like Kale, Caulifla, Kefla, Cabba, Hit, Frost, Jiren, Toppo, Ribrianne and others, they where all likely destined to loss cause of this Main Focus by Toei for U7 to be the victors as much as possible in this.

Really I have come to the conclusion that the ToP was these New Characters Opening Act in Introducing themselves, but they where never meant to be the Main events to gain all the praise, just getting them out their and by coming back using the next arc in combining with U7 as now teammates instead of opponents to develop them from their.

Again DB is a show about U7 and its main cast not matter how much we like the New Cast, Like I like the New Universe personally more then U7. But not matter how much we like them, U7 was going to get all the focus and most of the glory cause they have been the Main characters and the main merchanise movers sine the start.

Can many see this as low balling the story and undermining New Characters to push up U7 characters......that is ones own personal call to make.

Me, I think while I rather have seen more other Universes go Farther and Do better leading to more of a unique final mixed universes final battle then just U7 vs. U11 mono style that Toei is used too, it is what it is and what fans need to be honest about.

What we need to gain from the ToP is that Ribrianne gave us her intro and some development not only who she is, but also that she is willing to improve herself as well. It is from their she can go to the next level if Toei chooses to use her in the future.

It think that is why, while we had good reason to believe Ribrianne would go further, why things ended up the way they did, but still had good outcomes in development where we got them. :thumbup:
My #1 in DB!

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:28 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
CriticalThinker wrote:To me she was one of the more enjoyable characters introduced this arc and I at the very least enjoyed her antics. Though one thing I found to be a bit odd in retrospect was the amount of screen time she got, not that I'm saying its a bad thing. Let me explain, before the tournament had begun she was one of the few new characters to be shown off, as well as that she was also shown to be fighting Vegeta as a super saiyan in the opening. Now it was these two things that made me believe she'd be one of the more important fighters in the tournament, and this was further reinforced with how much screen time she got. This made me think that she'd end up knocking some one out from U7, yet come 117 and she ends up getting eliminated by 18. It was for those reasons that I found it odd that she ended up getting so much screen time as she didn't end up playing that big a role in the tournament and also failed to knockout anyone important from U7.
1st off I like your post CriticalThinker and well state on your liking of Ribrianne and your question is a good one that I found odd as well.

However I think it is more simple then we like to believe........1st off to say, I was Happy about characters of U7 like Androids 18, 17, Gohan, Piccolo and others getting their shining moments in the ToP that help their fanbases to various degrees see them getting their moments to shine and finally their fans feel like their characters got some golden moments after so long. Heck, Fans of Androids 17 and 18 might have felt jipped for nearly 2 decades of near non-use of them and even just fading into the background for far to long. The ToP was the moment they had been waiting for to see their favorites have shining moments.

For that I am happy for their Fanbases.

Now how that goes to your point why Ribrianne did not go further or did not eliminate any big names of U7 is really how the story was written and it seems pretty clear-cut by how I just said how well U7 did.

Remember..........U7 Eliminated ALL the Universes in the ToP, had over 50 + eliminations under their belts out of 70 opponents and Finally nearly 1/2 of the members of U7 got to have either heroic moments with their eliminations or did not get physically eliminated by any other opponents in the cases of 18, Goku, Frieza, Gohan, Master Roshi.

Going by this it was Clear the Writers where laser focused on this Event being U7's shining moments to shine. To Have members of U7 look their best they can against what Toei built up as powerful opponents to beat each to various degrees of power. IMO this might be Toei's Swan Song in being sorry to fans of U7 for so many years of neglect with many of these fighters and they wanted to make justice for them.

Sadly, this IMO made Toei to make the call that while they gave good Character Development towards fighters like Kale, Caulifla, Kefla, Cabba, Hit, Frost, Jiren, Toppo, Ribrianne and others, they where all likely destined to loss cause of this Main Focus by Toei for U7 to be the victors as much as possible in this.

Really I have come to the conclusion that the ToP was these New Characters Opening Act in Introducing themselves, but they where never meant to be the Main events to gain all the praise, just getting them out their and by coming back using the next arc in combining with U7 as now teammates instead of opponents to develop them from their.

Again DB is a show about U7 and its main cast not matter how much we like the New Cast, Like I like the New Universe personally more then U7. But not matter how much we like them, U7 was going to get all the focus and most of the glory cause they have been the Main characters and the main merchanise movers sine the start.

Can many see this as low balling the story and undermining New Characters to push up U7 characters......that is ones own personal call to make.

Me, I think while I rather have seen more other Universes go Farther and Do better leading to more of a unique final mixed universes final battle then just U7 vs. U11 mono style that Toei is used too, it is what it is and what fans need to be honest about.

What we need to gain from the ToP is that Ribrianne gave us her intro and some development not only who she is, but also that she is willing to improve herself as well. It is from their she can go to the next level if Toei chooses to use her in the future.

It think that is why, while we had good reason to believe Ribrianne would go further, why things ended up the way they did, but still had good outcomes in development where we got them. :thumbup:
Yeah I'm not surprised with how well U7 did either as you said they are the main universe. I just wish that they would have given some wins to the other universes because U7 being so dominant throughout the tournament killed a lot of the tension the arc could have had, but that's a issue for another topic. Also I'll agree that it was nice to some of the side characters from U7 get time to shine though I do think Krillin, Tien, and even Piccolo could have done better. And in regards to Ribrianne it's not like at first I wanted her to knockout 18 I had just assumed she would based off of how much they seemed to be building her up, but again that was me just assuming things. Which is why now I hope she at the very least is able to knockout 18 in the manga version. And as much as I would like Ribrianne to come back I think only U6 and U11 will be used in the future of the series.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:43 pm

CriticalThinker wrote:Yeah I'm not surprised with how well U7 did either as you said they are the main universe. I just wish that they would have given some wins to the other universes because U7 being so dominant throughout the tournament killed a lot of the tension the arc could have had, but that's a issue for another topic. Also I'll agree that it was nice to some of the side characters from U7 get time to shine though I do think Krillin, Tien, and even Piccolo could have done better. And in regards to Ribrianne it's not like at first I wanted her to knockout 18 I had just assumed she would based off of how much they seemed to be building her up, but again that was me just assuming things. Which is why now I hope she at the very least is able to knockout 18 in the manga version. And as much as I would like Ribrianne to come back I think only U6 and U11 will be used in the future of the series.
Honestly I think Universe 2 and Ribrianne have a pretty decent chance of coming back for the next series, if their is one, then we might think. Not only cause of how much development they got or because Toei is the Main house of the Biggest Magical Girl Shows, but at least 2 times I have heard in Japan that Japaneses fans Pretty Much Like Ribrianne's character more then we get in sections on the net here in the west.

For Toei and other Japanese Production Houses, the Japanesse fans are 1st and formost the ones the production house care the most about. So if they like certain characters, they have a good chance of coming back and getting more usage. It is a theory, but one that has some bases to it.

Finally Indeed I Greatly Agree with you and I know many can testify to my own hyping of Ribrianne over the ToP and how many things pointed to her being a Major deal in the whole of the story. Many things pointed to that and we where justified in believing they would in some ways work out that way. It is just when you analyze the whole of the ToP story and how it played out, while indeed we are happy for U7 fanbases that finally got the moments they wanted, it was clear Toei was focused in U7 being the shining winners as big as they could be.

Yea, Toei did go way overboard to with it, many fans also agree that Toei could have spaced out the eliminations more and given more credit other characters that felt had wasted potential, GoD Toppo for Example. But Toei choose its path they thought was best and it is what it is. We take what we can and Honestly their is allot of Good here for Ribrianne, but I am Totally and with you on wanting to have more for this Girl some of us have come to like.

Ribrianne has a fanbase and we want the best for her like any other fanbase. :thumbup: :wink:
My #1 in DB!

CriticalThinker
Beyond Newbie

Post by CriticalThinker » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:18 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
CriticalThinker wrote:Yeah I'm not surprised with how well U7 did either as you said they are the main universe. I just wish that they would have given some wins to the other universes because U7 being so dominant throughout the tournament killed a lot of the tension the arc could have had, but that's a issue for another topic. Also I'll agree that it was nice to some of the side characters from U7 get time to shine though I do think Krillin, Tien, and even Piccolo could have done better. And in regards to Ribrianne it's not like at first I wanted her to knockout 18 I had just assumed she would based off of how much they seemed to be building her up, but again that was me just assuming things. Which is why now I hope she at the very least is able to knockout 18 in the manga version. And as much as I would like Ribrianne to come back I think only U6 and U11 will be used in the future of the series.
Honestly I think Universe 2 and Ribrianne have a pretty decent chance of coming back for the next series, if their is one, then we might think. Not only cause of how much development they got or because Toei is the Main house of the Biggest Magical Girl Shows, but at least 2 times I have heard in Japan that Japaneses fans Pretty Much Like Ribrianne's character more then we get in sections on the net here in the west.

For Toei and other Japanese Production Houses, the Japanesse fans are 1st and formost the ones the production house care the most about. So if they like certain characters, they have a good chance of coming back and getting more usage. It is a theory, but one that has some bases to it.

Finally Indeed I Greatly Agree with you and I know many can testify to my own hyping of Ribrianne over the ToP and how many things pointed to her being a Major deal in the whole of the story. Many things pointed to that and we where justified in believing they would in some ways work out that way. It is just when you analyze the whole of the ToP story and how it played out, while indeed we are happy for U7 fanbases that finally got the moments they wanted, it was clear Toei was focused in U7 being the shining winners as big as they could be.

Yea, Toei did go way overboard to with it, many fans also agree that Toei could have spaced out the eliminations more and given more credit other characters that felt had wasted potential, GoD Toppo for Example. But Toei choose its path they thought was best and it is what it is. We take what we can and Honestly their is allot of Good here for Ribrianne, but I am Totally and with you on wanting to have more for this Girl some of us have come to like.

Ribrianne has a fanbase and we want the best for her like any other fanbase. :thumbup: :wink:
At most I think she could return in a filler arc because of Toei but I can't see her playing any kind of a role in any main future arcs though. U6 seems to have the highest chance of returning due to the story potential of planet Sadala. Not surprised if she's liked there more than over here, but a part of me does wonder if many of them like her do to her base. Also in regards toei, the manga version is doing a better job so far, well it is to me atleast, so this makes me some what hopeful Ribrianne does better in that version.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:16 am

TheDipDap1234 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
TheDipDap1234 wrote:

Getting praised by a GoD is nothing. Gags usually are treated as if they don't get hurt and things like that.

You can talk about her but I think it is wrong to state them as that strong when there are many more stronger fighters.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:48 am

TheDipDap1234 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
TheDipDap1234 wrote:

Ignorant people love to ignore facts and context.

Claiming she lost to base Goku is absolutely false, and ignoring the fact that Ribrianne had no problem dealing with Ssj Vegeta, but was losing to his base form because her mind was uneasy and elsewhere during the fight. They went out of their way to show that, even having Rosie give her a pep talk to get her refocused. Ignoring factual information to push there agenda and opinions aren't worth much of anything.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:18 am

Ilikepictures-meh wrote:
TheDipDap1234 wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

Ignorant people love to ignore facts and context.

Claiming she lost to base Goku is absolutely false, and ignoring the fact that Ribrianne had no problem dealing with Ssj Vegeta, but was losing to his base form because her mind was uneasy and elsewhere during the fight. They went out of their way to show that, even having Rosie give her a pep talk to get her refocused. Ignoring factual information to push there agenda and opinions aren't worth much of anything.
How strong in your opinion is Ribrianne and 18 then?