If you had been the one to fill in for Toyotarō...

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

If you had been the one to fill in for Toyotarō...

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon May 22, 2017 7:58 pm

1) After he had been kidnapped by the Ginyu Force for some reason, what would you have changed in the Dragon Ball Super Manga from the start?

2) Would you have wanted to be Toyotarō's permanent replacement? While the poor guy was being dragged off somewhere by the Ginyū Tokusentai?

3) Also, who would you have added in as a secret final boss, once the Future Trunks Saga finished?

Basako
Advanced Regular

Re: If you had been the one to fill in for Toyotarō...

Post by Basako » Tue May 23, 2017 3:37 am

Well, forgetting for a moment that I couldn't draw it like him, I wouldn't like to substitute him as storyteller either, because I think he is making a very god job in overall. At most, it would be nice to be able to make suggestions and discuss some things with him, that's all.
Heno heno kappa!

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue May 23, 2017 6:30 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:1) After he had been kidnapped by the Ginyu Force for some reason, what would you have changed in the Dragon Ball Super Manga from the start?

2) Would you have wanted to be Toyotarō's permanent replacement? While the poor guy was being dragged off somewhere by the Ginyū Tokusentai?

3) Also, who would you have added in as a secret final boss, once the Future Trunks Saga finished?
1- The manga is great, I would have copied everything exactly as it was supposed to be if he ginyu wasn't there

2- I am good with plotting out action scenes but not with drawing in DB style, so no, I will pass on this offer

3- No, if I had to it will be goten black, just to see if its possible to make the ending even more detestable
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue May 23, 2017 1:01 pm

1. Nothing, I love what he's done with the manga, I'm not that much of a critical critic. I only get pissed when a bald chipmunk suddenly had a scene where he pushed a God's KHH wave back and even after that got so cocky as to say to that God "you can ask for help if you want"

2.Never in my life would I want to carry on Dragon Ball, too much stress, wouldnt be able to handle it. I'd find Goku and tell him to save Toyotarou since for some reason Ginyu exists now.

3. Pink Grand Priest.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue May 23, 2017 2:14 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:1) After he had been kidnapped by the Ginyu Force for some reason, what would you have changed in the Dragon Ball Super Manga from the start?

I would've made the BOG arc a bit longer and had RF be part of it.

Yes.

If I were to do that it would be at the very end of the story, not that or another arc in the middle.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Tue May 23, 2017 3:43 pm

I would be a good story teller, but my drawing isn't even in the same stratosphere as his. I would also be incredibly biased towards certain characters.

It's very stressful as well, the demand is high for a good product that exceeds people's expectations while on a difficult time constraint. The pressure to perform is also there too, otherwise prepare to be subjected to ongoing criticism.

I couldn't do his job, kudos to him.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl