The Exempted Universes

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Master Xar
Banned Alternate Account

The Exempted Universes

Post by Master Xar » Thu May 25, 2017 11:04 pm

So as we know universes 5,8,1, and 12 are all currently out of the tournament because they are the top 4 in the rankings, given some time they may come back in a future arc, any thoughts?

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: The Exempted Universes

Post by DainIronfoot » Thu May 25, 2017 11:08 pm

Master Xar wrote:So as we know universes 5,8,1, and 12 are all currently out of the tournament because they are the top 4 in the rankings, given some time they may come back in a future arc, any thoughts?

It's definitely likely, and I'm really curious about seeing Universe 12. We know it has an incredible GoD and Kaioshin to balance it out, and clearly it has advanced civilizations as we know it had a time traveler which caused one of the time rings to appear in Gowasu's box.

Just based on the descriptions of the Kaioshin's and GoD's alone, it would make for some interesting stories. It'd be funny seeing Arak look at a map of his universe and planning what he should destroy next, lol.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Thu May 25, 2017 11:09 pm

Glad they aren't destroying all the universes, I guess. They'll probably be involved in future stories.
Retired.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Thu May 25, 2017 11:17 pm

On the off chance that the losers of the tournament do get destroyed and stay that way, then at least we have these 4 still remaining. So that's good. If Super continues for however long it can go along, then I'm sure they will come up at some point. I kinda wonder what they're going to be doing during the tournament. Spectate?
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Makai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Makai » Thu May 25, 2017 11:51 pm

I think they'll definitely be back in the future, hopefully in the next arc. They seem to have the most unique designs of of all the other gods. I especially like the designs of the gods from Universe 8 and 12. They look the most likely fighters, which gives me hope we'll see them fighting, along with the other gods, and we'll finally see Beerus battle again, this time against gods who'd really be able to challenge him.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri May 26, 2017 12:29 am

Isn't this common sense? Do you think they really excluded 4 universes from the tournament if they had no plans to use them in a future story arc? I mean some stuff is just rather obvious.

Dreamer

Post by Dreamer » Fri May 26, 2017 11:40 am

DainIronfoot wrote:
Master Xar wrote:So as we know universes 5,8,1, and 12 are all currently out of the tournament because they are the top 4 in the rankings, given some time they may come back in a future arc, any thoughts?

It's definitely likely, and I'm really curious about seeing Universe 12. We know it has an incredible GoD and Kaioshin to balance it out, and clearly it has advanced civilizations as we know it had a time traveler which caused one of the time rings to appear in Gowasu's box.

Just based on the descriptions of the Kaioshin's and GoD's alone, it would make for some interesting stories. It'd be funny seeing Arak look at a map of his universe and planning what he should destroy next, lol.
I'm a bit confused so bare with me here. Can we be really sure that there was a time-traveler(s) from Universe 12 that created/caused a time ring? After all it is a rumor, not saying it isn't true, but for all we know they probably didn't meddle or tamper with the past. Gowasu in the manga was surprised that there were 4 time-rings, A.k.a Future Trunks(Future Bulma) & Future Cells meddling with time traveling. The fifth (& sixth time ring due to Whis taking Future Trunks & Mai to an alternate timeline similar to his with a few changes in events, like, before Beerus is killed) time ring were also caused yet again by Future Trunks.

Edit: Nevermind. I checked back in the manga and nevermind, you are correct. So did the Kaioshins start off with zero time rings? It is a bit confusing.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sat May 27, 2017 4:58 pm

That is why the were exempted. More arcs in the future and much more powerful enemies or rivals for Goku and co to face.