Jiren

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Re: Jiren

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Sat May 27, 2017 2:15 pm

MagmonKai wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:

Are we absolutely sure Goku is going to even get a new form? I thought Gohan was getting all these power ups because he's going to be the one who wins the fight. Besides nothing has indicated that Goku has a new form. Also 90% of the stuff in the OP did not happen or is simply mis-directed footage to garner hype.
A lot of things in the OP dont happen but its really strange to have Goku power out of SSB into a red aura base form for no reason. Its just not something youd think to do for no reason.

You don't put Majin Buu in the OP just to...well not have him in the tournament? Oh wait you do...?
How is that even similar? That was an intentional plot twist. If you think thats similar we wont even be able to discuss this IMO.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat May 27, 2017 2:22 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
MagmonKai wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:
A lot of things in the OP dont happen but its really strange to have Goku power out of SSB into a red aura base form for no reason. Its just not something youd think to do for no reason.

You don't put Majin Buu in the OP just to...well not have him in the tournament? Oh wait you do...?
How is that even similar? That was an intentional plot twist. If you think thats similar we wont even be able to discuss this IMO.
That's fine by me. If you can't see if that I'm talking about misdirection then we can't discuss anymore.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sat May 27, 2017 4:38 pm

MagmonKai wrote:

Are we absolutely sure Goku is going to even get a new form? I thought Gohan was getting all these power ups because he's going to be the one who wins the fight. Besides nothing has indicated that Goku has a new form. Also 90% of the stuff in the OP did not happen or is simply mis-directed footage to garner hype.
Gohan?He got one shotted by kkssj blue Goku, how could he hang around with Jiren? Gohan is for Toppo at best.

Buu being in the opening has nothing to do with Goku being surrounded by a red aura. Buu was suppose to fight but he fell asleep so he couldnt enter. They couldnt keep buu out of the OP, since then people would automatically know he wont fight. Basically they trolled the Buu fans in a way.

As for new form, maybe u didnt read what i wrote clearly, but i said new form or technique. Could be Goku is using some mastered KK with God ki or w/e. Point is a new form/technique w/e u want ot call it will appear, because its more stuff for Toei to sell. Plus Goku hinted at it vs Toppo, when he said he will go beyond his limits. So he either has a red haired god form thats is stronger than ssj blue, or what i think is the case is that Goku mastered kk and will perfectly combine it with ssj blue with 0 drawbacks.

I think in Toriyama's outline, it will be like Goku gets a new technique/ or form that surpasses ssj blue. And Toei and Toyotaru will go their separate ways it showing what that will be. Toei will logically go towards the KK route, while Toyotaru will make something up.

MagmonKai
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MagmonKai » Sat May 27, 2017 6:24 pm

I'm cautiously optimistic about it. I'm just not ready to sign on bored with Goku getting the power-up based off the red aura we see in the OP. Considering 90% of what was shown never actually took part in the series. We have no idea what it could be, the Goku fan in me hopes its a new level beyond blue that will once again top Vegeta and make him mad. I'm just also realistic given how Toei has played us in the past, that whatever it is we see in the OP may not show up in the ToP. Maybe it's just hinted at again during the fight, but it's something we'll see later on down the road.

KingKaash
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by KingKaash » Sun May 28, 2017 12:43 am

A part of me likes that he is kept a mystery. We just know he's stronger than Toppo and that's kind of all we need to know at this point. But I think one episode to show Jiren off wouldn't hurt either
"Gohan, let it go. It is not a sin to fight for the right cause. There are those who words alone will not reach. Cell is such a being. I know how you feel Gohan, you are gentle, you do not like to hurt. I know because I too have learned these feelings. But it is because you cherish life that you must protect it. Please drop your restraints. Protect the life I once loved. You have the strength, my scanners sensed it..." -Android 16

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun May 28, 2017 12:51 am

I would like Jiren to have a aweome moment to hype him up, instead of keeping him a mystery until the Tournament.
Something like Toppo, Dyspo and Kahseral are having trouble fighting a Monster, Jiren appears and one shots him à lá One Punch Man.

Only knowing that he's stronger than Toppo is not enough for me.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Freeza9000
Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Sun May 28, 2017 1:58 am

Part of me thinks that Jiren will disregard Toppo's hatred for Goku and enjoy fighting him himself.