When will the manga surpass the anime again?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Basako
Advanced Regular

Re: When will the manga surpass the anime again?

Post by Basako » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:53 pm

No, it won't surpass it, the anime is all in the tournament already and the manga hasn't even started it. Even if it skipped the exhibition matches, which is not going to happen, it wouldn't catch up either. The recruitment stuff will be shorter, that's very probable.

Toyotaro said he would be ahead the anime, but the release dates are a different thing. He is probably ahead now.

And they need to market the anime first. They are obviously putting some thought in the information that they are providing, like hiding the two namekians and things like that. That wouldn't be possible if the manga came first.
Heno heno kappa!

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:08 am

I do not think the manga will overtake the anime again, but I do think that everything from the end of the Zamasu arc up until the start of the tournament will be only a couple of chapters.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:07 am

Just because the manga releases hasn't reached the point and story where the anime's at, doesn't mean that Toyo hasn't reached it's point yet.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:00 am

I think we can all agree at this point, Toyo has caught up and the anime is using his manga as a source. Episode 104 has Toyotaro written all over it.