Master Roshi Targeted in BPO Published Complaint

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Master Roshi Targeted in BPO Published Complaint

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:49 pm

Oh no! Some people are offended by the pervert antics of a fictional perverted old man who has been like that for 25+ years.

My God, this is really serious! I'm sure Toriyama/Toei staff will turn Roshi into the biggest gentleman of the industry now and commit seppuku as a form of apology.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:20 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Oh no! Some people are offended by the pervert antics of a fictional perverted old man who has been like that for 25+ years.

My God, this is really serious! I'm sure Toriyama/Toei staff will turn Roshi into the biggest gentleman of the industry now and commit seppuku as a form of apology.
Might want to edit your post...
VegettoEX wrote:[Friendly reminder that your sarcastic, dismissive comments won't get you anywhere in a conversation on Kanzenshuu, other than perhaps a trip to the time-out corner. It's a show for kids, but let's not act like kids.]
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Post by OmegaRockman » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:38 pm

Lord Beerus wrote: The instance I mentioned about him rubbing the ass of an unconscious woman in public, was when he coped a feel of Ranfan's ass after he knocked her out in their match in the 21st WMAT. And there other examples as well. Such as when he out-right grabbed one of Marron's breasts, who reacted in disgust over it, and then right after, that he rubbed his face between Chi Chi's breasts. And in those occasions, he never really got an comeuppance for those actions. What he did in Super is very tame compared to that.
Ah, yeah. It's been a while since I've seen the 21st Budokai or the Garlic Junior stuff. While these examples are pretty bad, I still think the Yurin scene is a bit worse, however. First of all, the instances in those scenes are at least brief moments so they're a bit easier to let slide. Like wolflonnie said, the Yurin scene goes on for a while, and it's much more in-your-face with the whole "HAHA, ROSHI'S TRYING TO MOLEST HER! ISN'T THAT FUNNY?" vibe than the other two scenes.

Also, in the Lanfang scene, the Tenkaichi Budokai announcer calls Roshi out and tells him to stop feeling her up. It's not quite the same as punching Roshi in the face, but it's much better than Goku and Tenshinhan awkwardly pretending they don't see what's going on and doing nothing about it. The announcer did something about it and made his disapproval clear, making the joke less about Roshi feeling a girl up and more about the fact that he's making a dingus of himself in public. If he grabbed Lanfang and put her in a closed off room before trying to feel her up, that would be another story. And I just can't get past the fact that Goku and Tenshinhan clearly know what's going on but choose to remain silent. I mean, they could have had Goku be dumb and not understand the situation, saying, "Whoa, the old timer's givin' her some rough trainin'!" Instead they have him say, "Ooh, maybe I'll come back later..." and leave. That's... kinda terrible in my opinion.

As for his groping Chichi and Maron in the filler scene you shared, yes, that made me pretty uncomfortable as well. Again, it's been a long while since I've seen that filler since I'm mainly a Kai watcher for the Z material. I suppose I forgot how bad Muten Roshi could get in the older series, especially in the filler. However, Roshi's antics there smaller parts of a larger scene that's more about Chichi getting mad at Maron for calling her an old auntie. I still don't think it's a particularly enjoyable scene overall and the Roshi antics still bother me since he gets away with it, but at least it isn't almost two minutes of him chasing a girl who's unable to defend herself, only stopping when seeing her chest pop out of her gi causes him to cartoonishly launch himself through a wall. Like, those brief moments in the Marron scene irk me, but the Yurin scene goes into outright creepy territory for me. Yes, he never physically touches Yurin, but having her meet him in a closed off space away from everyone else, dressing her in a skimpy outfit that easily comes undone, chasing her around so he can "remove her wickedness" while she's constantly telling him to stop, and Goku coming in and doing nothing about the situation just culminates in a scene that feels a much worse to me.

I also suppose that at least part of my reaction to the Yurin episode may come from me just generally being older with different ideas of what's funny and what's plain creepy. I really and truly appreciate you bringing up those DB and Z examples because it helped me realize that I may have to reevaluate how I feel about many of these Roshi scenes next time I do a watchthrough of the original shows. I'll probably feel a bit different about them now than I did as a teenager. I've reevaluated how I feel about the Blue/Obotchaman scene in DB and found that it also makes me uncomfortable, so maybe I might feel similarly about Roshi's antics. On the other hand, I may be more forgiving of the older stuff because I know it's a product of its time - don't get me wrong, that stuff was certainly NOT okay, even back then, but the world was a much different place. Today we have different standards about these things, so I guess I just expected Super to handle Roshi's perviness with a bit more class. In fact, I think it did in the Battle of Gods arc - Roshi and Oolong peeking at the beachgoers only for Chichi to yell at them because there's kids around was handled pretty okay I think. Roshi did a bad thing, he got chewed out. No problem here. The Yurin scene, though... that was a bit much for me. I'm not calling for any censorship - I mean, I don't think Crunchyroll should pull the episode or for Funimation to alter the scene in the dub save for any potential broadcasts on kids' networks, of course, where censorship would be required. The episode is out. It exists. That's the end of it. I'm just offering my own critique since the episode did some stuff that really rubbed me the wrong way and I would prefer not see that stuff in the series from here on out. If you disagree, that's fine! Everyone has their own perspective on what's good or bad in the series. I just really, really disliked the Roshi antics in this episode and got a bit too ranty and hyperbolic about it.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

JoeCapricorn
Beyond Newbie

Post by JoeCapricorn » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:42 pm

So you mean to tell me BPO did not publish a complaint when Goku literally grabbed A PENIS?!!! :lol:

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:37 pm

Punk ass society we live in now days.. cant do anything without someone getting butt hurt. Cant even call someone fat, that's how ridiculous this society is.

Roshi is a perv.. and??

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:11 pm

Seems a little late to complain about Roshi, probably a few decades late. Yes, I think Toei went a bit overboard with his antics towards Yurin and didn't receive much commupance for it, but I believe most people, including kids, should know better to not act like that at all, hence why I don't complain about it much.

This reminds me of a few years ago when KTLA 5 News warned parents about obscene content on YouTube and showed Master Roshi grabbing Maron's rack during the Garlic Jr. saga. I was laughing.
julianix wrote:Punk ass society we live in now days.. cant do anything without someone getting butt hurt. Cant even call someone fat, that's how ridiculous this society is.
SWJs.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:29 pm

"Let's complain about this episode and this character that has been this way for so long and COMPLETELY IGNORE THE FACT THAT HE HAS TURNED HIMSELF AROUND RECENTLY!"

Damn. That's like calling a recovering alchaholic a drunken asshole.

Also:
Torturephile wrote:
julianix wrote:Punk ass society we live in now days.. cant do anything without someone getting butt hurt. Cant even call someone fat, that's how ridiculous this society is.
SWJs.
SJW's can pucker up and form a line behind me.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:01 am

I wouldnt take what BPO says so seriously, they complained about a lot of stuffs including Gintama,Kuzu no Honkai and hell even Your lie in April, they complain just for the sake of it and for publicity/attention, ITS A TRICK!
Roshi has always been a pervy old dude, for about as long as I can remember in my childhood days, they shoulda known better than to let their kids watch a Roshi scene episode if even in fiction an old guy just chasing someone is classified as dirty or implied rape when the mere sight of her undies was enough to knock him out then I dont even wanna know how he'll be able to rape her let alone think about something like that, despite Roshi being a perverted old man he is still a wise old dude, people shouldnt forget that, he wouldnt do something THAT bad to her, just a lil feel and he's good.

The world we live in has become such.... a sensitive place.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:10 am

Asura wrote:Everyone should keep in mind that the Ranfan scene only lasted a grand total of 12 seconds. In comparison, the episode 89 scene lasted 3+ minutes and completely interrupted the flow of the episode. The Ranfan joke was I think, appropriate at the time it was made, and was well executed in being a short joke irrelevant to the plot. In contrast, the episode 89 scene was just terrible and went on for way too long. It also went much farther than the Ranfan joke IMO
The Yurin scene actually lasted about 90 seconds. But, yeah, even in that case it was a bit too prolonged.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:42 am

SansrivaaL wrote:I wouldnt take what BPO says so seriously, they complained about a lot of stuffs including Gintama,Kuzu no Honkai and hell even Your lie in April, they complain just for the sake of it and for publicity/attention, ITS A TRICK!
Roshi has always been a pervy old dude, for about as long as I can remember in my childhood days, they shoulda known better than to let their kids watch a Roshi scene episode if even in fiction an old guy just chasing someone is classified as dirty or implied rape when the mere sight of her undies was enough to knock him out then I dont even wanna know how he'll be able to rape her let alone think about something like that, despite Roshi being a perverted old man he is still a wise old dude, people shouldnt forget that, he wouldnt do something THAT bad to her, just a lil feel and he's good.

The world we live in has become such.... a sensitive place.
Bulma flashed her naked vagina to Roshi back in DB can you imagine the "horror" if that happened today? Oh boy...

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:28 am

It appears that several folks are not willing to live by the spirit of our community guidelines. Account strikes have been issued. Account strikes add up to temporary/permanent bans, which revoke access to the entirety of the Kanzenshuu website.

Please take a minute to re-read these forum rules, take administrative warnings and content suggestions to heart when they're given, and re-evaluate what it is you're looking to get out of your time here.

Again: while this may be a franchise for kids, please do your best not to act like one.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:47 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
Asura wrote:Everyone should keep in mind that the Ranfan scene only lasted a grand total of 12 seconds. In comparison, the episode 89 scene lasted 3+ minutes and completely interrupted the flow of the episode. The Ranfan joke was I think, appropriate at the time it was made, and was well executed in being a short joke irrelevant to the plot. In contrast, the episode 89 scene was just terrible and went on for way too long. It also went much farther than the Ranfan joke IMO
The Yurin scene actually lasted about 90 seconds. But, yeah, even in that case it was a bit too prolonged.
The entire thing lasts 90 seconds, but the joke with Roshi meeting her and carrying her away begins before that, then there's a scene with Goku and Tien, and then it cuts back to Roshi and Yurin again. It wasn't 3 minutes of just Roshi and Yurin, but like I said it broke the flow of the episode up and the entire "scenario" with the Tien and Goku scene puts it at about 3 minutes of episode time.

Also the people who say Roshi was always like this are giving me a headache. Same people who, like an earlier poster pointed out, say that Goku has always been like this too when he acts extraordinarily dumber in some situations than he would have in Z. It seems like there are some people that can not distinguish a character having a personality trait, to that personality trait being exaggerated.

If Goku's stupidness or Roshi's pervertedness were on a scale that was based just on how stupid/perverted they are, for Z in might look like this (just an example, may not be accurate but you'll see my point)
Z Goku Stupidness: 3/10
DB/Z Roshi Pervertedness: 6/10

And then in Super lets say the numbers are more like this
Super Goku Stupidness: 8/10
Super Roshi Pervertedness: 9/10

So for people saying they're "always like this" is like saying "Yeah, they're both on their respective scales so what's the problem?" - The problem is that a scale is not stagnant, it's not just Goku has the stupid gene or Roshi has the pervert gene so they can just do whatever and have it be in character. Goku is a bit stupid, but not full on drooling retard. Likewise, Roshi is pretty perverted, but he's not a full blown rapist (I know the scene wasn't trying to imply that at all, but it somewhat conveyed it). It's important to understand there's a scale to these things, and tipping the scale in one direction or the other is a change in the character, and it's not just the good ol' stupidity and pervertedness that we're all used to.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:27 am

Asura wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
The entire thing lasts 90 seconds, but the joke with Roshi meeting her and carrying her away begins before that, then there's a scene with Goku and Tien, and then it cuts back to Roshi and Yurin again. It wasn't 3 minutes of just Roshi and Yurin, but like I said it broke the flow of the episode up and the entire "scenario" with the Tien and Goku scene puts it at about 3 minutes of episode time.

Also the people who say Roshi was always like this are giving me a headache. Same people who, like an earlier poster pointed out, say that Goku has always been like this too when he acts extraordinarily dumber in some situations than he would have in Z. It seems like there are some people that can not distinguish a character having a personality trait, to that personality trait being exaggerated.

If Goku's stupidness or Roshi's pervertedness were on a scale that was based just on how stupid/perverted they are, for Z in might look like this (just an example, may not be accurate but you'll see my point)
Z Goku Stupidness: 3/10
DB/Z Roshi Pervertedness: 6/10

And then in Super lets say the numbers are more like this
Super Goku Stupidness: 8/10
Super Roshi Pervertedness: 9/10

So for people saying they're "always like this" is like saying "Yeah, they're both on their respective scales so what's the problem?" - The problem is that a scale is not stagnant, it's not just Goku has the stupid gene or Roshi has the pervert gene so they can just do whatever and have it be in character. Goku is a bit stupid, but not full on drooling retard. Likewise, Roshi is pretty perverted, but he's not a full blown rapist (I know the scene wasn't trying to imply that at all, but it somewhat conveyed it). It's important to understand there's a scale to these things, and tipping the scale in one direction or the other is a change in the character, and it's not just the good ol' stupidity and pervertedness that we're all used to.
You make some fair points Asura. But when people say, "Roshi was always like this", given the context of what happened in episode 89 of Super and what has happened in the pas, it's a fair assessment. Nobody is defending his action in that episode of Super, but the whole crux of Roshi's perverted shtick is that he will take advantage of any scenario that involves women he is attracted to expressed his lusty and typical old-man smut attitude.

In Super, he comes across a young and attractive martial artist that is looking for Tien and exploits the scenario to act all perverted. In Z, he sees Marron and Chi Chi are arguing over a trivial matter and interjects himself into the scenario just so that he can sexually harass Marron (groping her breast). In DB, he sees that Ranfan has been knocked out cold and uses that to his advantage so that he can touch and rubs her ass. It must be noted that in all of those scenarios Roshi's behaviors does get noted and he gets call out for it. And whether he gets any real comeuppance varies. In DB he just gets call outed for his actions. In Z it can vary as most of the time he gets comically injured but on some occasions nothing happens. And in Super, he got he got kicked in the balls by woman he acted perverted towards, get turned into a zombie by the same woman and Kamehameha'd by Goku. The context what he did in Super is no more appropriate that what he's done in the past. The only major difference between what has happened in the past and what happened in Super is the time-frame of his actions, which I will admit that Super didn't handle well.

And as far as Goku's intelligence... this is such an overblown issue that it's crazy. I've only really come across one instance where Goku, in my opinion, showed at the very worst, distinct lack of intelligence, or at the very least, and incredible amount of nativity in Super and that was when he couldn't tell that was Beerus wearing a Monaka suit in episode 42. But in that circumstance, it was 100% played for laughs. Goku forgetting the senzu and and seal for the Mafuba jar in Future Trunks arc can be seen a huge slip up, but its also a case of just forgetting things in a race against time. I mean, are we really gonna start labeling people stupid if they forget important things? It's like locking your keys inside your car or leaving a bag of groceries on the bus or forgetting important documents you're meant to take to school or work, at home, on the same day. Shit like that just happens. It's a common lapse in concentration that occurs to everyone at one stage of their life, even if they're not in a rush. And you're base IQ is not a determination of how much that factor plays in. It's happened to me, you and everyone on this forum at one point in their life. That doesn't mean you're stupid. I really don't see how forgetting something important qualifies as a display of lacking of intelligence or being stupid. Because if we're going by that logic, we're all fucking idiots.

I still believe Goku acted much dumber in the past, and for me, nothing will every top the sheer stupidity of him giving Cell a senzu before he fought Gohan. It was such a needless gamble. Never mind that Goku had no idea just how strong Cell was, but it was already an insane gamble to throw Gohan into the lions den without any plan and just hoping that he'd be able to spontaneously tap into the hidden power that he saw when he was training with Gohan in the ROSAT and defeat Cell. I don't give a shit how much Goku loves fighting and a good competition. That was such a fucking reckless thing to do. It essentially put Gohan at a disadvantage. And for what? A fair fight? Fuck that nonsense.

People act like he's this blubbering idiot in Super in every other episode when that is far from case. He's shown to able to work and trade very well as a vegetable farmer, and the test prior to the Universe 6/7 tournament shows that he has, at the very least, an average intelligence considering he passed it. And the two part episode with Krillin in the Forest of Fear shows he has a grasp on metal and physiological aspects as he figured out how to defeat the mirages of the villains by clearing and calming his mind. Not to mention his fights with in the Champa arc, his rematch against Hit and Zen Exhibition match(es) show he is still very cunning and strategic fighter.

So for me personally, when I see the complaint of "Goku is always an idiot in Super" or "Goku is a retard in Super", I really have to question how much of Super people have actually watched to come to that conclusion.

gipset

Post by gipset » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:31 am

I mostly agree. Roshi's molesting-ass is a bit much today. It was a different world 30 years ago, and I understand it was originally just a dumb gag.

Personally I didn't really feel comfortable watching him try to molest that girl in the recent episode. Felt out of place and just kind of stupid. Also the fact that he was kind of trying to rape the girl didn't help.

I do also agree that I wouldn't really want kids to watch Roshi try to molest some young girl. I can't imagine they would try to emulate it, but it just really doesn't have a place in the show anymore.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:35 am

...And people try to argue Roshi is no different in Super. Even the feds think they went too far.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:00 pm

omaro34 wrote:Every single fuck up will be inspected thoroughly hands down. That is so true its not even funny. We can catch every frame in a Dragonball Super episode now and analyze it. Employers can see everything you post on the internet if they really tried. You can be an amazing person with an incredible job and if you make a mistake and is caught on tape through some punk with a cellphone in the background, even if the mistake is relatively minimal and nothing out of this world, you will be put on blast so fast.

I finally convinced a girl I know to watch Dragonball Super. She's never seen Dragonball before period. It just happened to land on episode 89 being the first episode she would watch. I was stupid that I didn't think episode 89 would be bad, because I thought it would be mainly about Tien. Boy was I wrong. I've never been so uncomfortable watching an episode with someone who wants to get into the series. Everytime I saw Roshi I was like "fuck when can it show someone else". She watched the episode with me but didn't like it, and now assumes Dragonball is a perverted show because of it.

Reputation is so hard to build, so fucking hard, and its so easy to destroy. Take that motto wherever you go in life. Society is not forgiving.
That is seriously hilarious. I've been planning to show my girlfriend a little bit of Dragonball Super because she's into lots of other anime, and the time I was about to show her was around the 84th-88th when they were getting crazy with the pointless filler episodes so I'm waiting until 95 to show her. 91-94 were awesome and definitely way higher quality than anything else in Super IMO, but I'm waiting for some real action.

They really need to take the thing you said about reputation in hand though. I understand there needs to be some slower paced episodes, but if someone started watching this series around 82-89 I would believe they are extremely less likely to stick with this series than if they started literally anywhere else.
DBZAOTA482 wrote:...And people try to argue Roshi is no different in Super. Even the feds think they went too far.
And sure, he's done some really bad things before in the orignal Dragon Ball, but that wasn't the entirety of his character. The episode could have expanded Tien and Roshi's characters but it was used for a perv gag instead. Showing Roshi with Kurin in episode 94 was pretty much the only time I've seen them do something with Roshi in Super that wasn't just for perverted humor, and it feels much better to see Roshi have some actual character now.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:50 am

I suppose Toei should be commended for showing a progression in Roshi's predilection for molesting women, he starts out just being your typical old pervert, who gets incredibly embarrassed just requesting to see panties, boobs, puff-puffs, you name it, before daring to attempt feeling up unconscious women.

3 years later and kinda going hand in hand with his increase in power, he has no problem with foregoing the requests and just grabbing women's butts, whether that be Bulma or flight attendants and nurses even later on. He keeps at that level all throughout Z, where we even get further scenes of him grabbing Maron's boob, but she's a bitch and I hear she was out to get Krillin for insurance fraud?, so that's A-OK!
And then he grabs #18's boobs, but she killed millions of people in the alternate timeline, so that's the least she could give up for her alternate self's atrocities!

Finally in Super, Roshi has stepped up his game even further and as we find out he has also acquired unfathomable power, so it makes sense he would be so incredibly aggressive now to the point, where he doesn't even hide it anymore and just takes whatever girl he wants, despite their protests.
However knowing full well he's about to jump off a slippery slope, he decides to train away his perversions, so he doesn't get to the point, where he crosses that unforgivable line.
Even at Toei they realized he was just about on the verge of going too far, so they give him one last despicable act to make his training that more meaningful or something :thumbup:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:02 am

dbgtFO wrote:I suppose Toei should be commended for showing a progression in Roshi's predilection for molesting women, he starts out just being your typical old pervert, who gets incredibly embarrassed just requesting to see panties, boobs, puff-puffs, you name it, before daring to attempt feeling up unconscious women.

3 years later and kinda going hand in hand with his increase in power, he has no problem with foregoing the requests and just grabbing women's butts, whether that be Bulma or flight attendants and nurses even later on. He keeps at that level all throughout Z, where we even get further scenes of him grabbing Maron's boob, but she's a bitch and I hear she was out to get Krillin for insurance fraud?, so that's A-OK!
And then he grabs #18's boobs, but she killed millions of people in the alternate timeline, so that's the least she could give up for her alternate self's atrocities!

Finally in Super, Roshi has stepped up his game even further and as we find out he has also acquired unfathomable power, so it makes sense he would be so incredibly aggressive now to the point, where he doesn't even hide it anymore and just takes whatever girl he wants, despite their protests.
However knowing full well he's about to jump off a slippery slope, he decides to train away his perversions, so he doesn't get to the point, where he crosses that unforgivable line.
Even at Toei they realized he was just about on the verge of going too far, so they give him one last despicable act to make his training that more meaningful or something :thumbup:
This was a magnificent analogy. :clap: :thumbup: :lol:

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:49 pm

dbgtFO wrote:I suppose Toei should be commended for showing a progression in Roshi's predilection for molesting women, he starts out just being your typical old pervert, who gets incredibly embarrassed just requesting to see panties, boobs, puff-puffs, you name it, before daring to attempt feeling up unconscious women.

This is hilarious, and i'm going to put it on my sign :lol: :lol:
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

PremiumSalt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PremiumSalt » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:29 pm

Have there been complaints filed before, in Japan anyway? I find it hard to believe this is the first time this has happened, with Super or the original 3 series.
Dragon Ball Arc Rankings: 1. Piccolo Daimaō 2. Saiyan 3. 22nd Budōkai 4. 23rd Budōkai 5. Hunt For the Dragon Balls 6. Zamasu 7. Moro 8. Tournament of Power 9. 21st Budōkai 10. Broly 11. Battle of Gods 12. Boo 13. U6 Tournament 14. Freeza 15. Red Ribbon Army 16. Artificial Humans/Cell 17.Golden Freeza
Kunzait_83 wrote:No matter what twisted pretzel logic you contort yourself into to try and convince yourself otherwise, Raditz landing on Earth is the middle of the fucking story. Zero context, zero setup. Its in NO way meant to be seen as a "beginning point" for ANYTHING other than the next story arc. It flows precisely and fluidly from where things left off in the aftermath of the 23rd Budokai and mostly hits the ground running from there without really stopping to look back. You're plopping someone into the middle of a book starting at chapter 195 out of 519 for absolutely no good goddamn reason, with very minimal opportunity to look back at much needed context and character/story growth.