Is it Gohans turn to save Piccolo?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

uncutpokemon
Not-So-Newbie

Is it Gohans turn to save Piccolo?

Post by uncutpokemon » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:05 pm

So I've been thinking of this for a while since the star of the universe survival arc started, is it Gohan't turn to save Piccolo? As we all know, Piccolo has saved Gohan's life before, even at the cost of his own. So I think this tournament would be a prefect chance to have Gohan return the favor. What do you guys think of this idea, and how do you think it might be played out?

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Is it Gohans turn to save Piccolo?

Post by omaro34 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:11 pm

That's definitely in the realm of possibilities in the future after the tournament, but I wouldn't count on it. Keep in mind the tournament has rules that consist of no killing, so Gohan saving Piccolo's life won't happen, but he could prevent Piccolo from falling out of the ring.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

uncutpokemon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by uncutpokemon » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:13 pm

I was actually thinking something more along those lines anyway, Gohan simply getting knocked out of the ring or eliminated from the tournament in place of Piccolo would be enough to satisfy.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:59 am

Gohan getting knocked off because to save piccolo will be silly.. its like goku sacrificing himself to save tien so he can fight in his stead..
It's much more logical for the strong to continue fighting and resurrect/save the weaker ones after they secure a win
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:13 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:Gohan getting knocked off because to save piccolo will be silly.. its like goku sacrificing himself to save tien so he can fight in his stead..
It's much more logical for the strong to continue fighting and resurrect/save the weaker ones after they secure a win
Goku would do anything to stay on fighting whereas Gohan wouldn't.

Gohan also knows that Piccolo is a true fighter whereas Gohan is a false one.
omaro34 wrote:That's definitely in the realm of possibilities in the future after the tournament, but I wouldn't count on it. Keep in mind the tournament has rules that consist of no killing, so Gohan saving Piccolo's life won't happen, but he could prevent Piccolo from falling out of the ring.
For Piccolo or Goku to be kicked out oc the ring they would have to be nearly unconscious due to instant transmission and stretchy arm techniques. Buu wpuld have been good for this reason as well.

We actually still need to know what is considered a ring out, is it falling down the void to a certain point or just 1mm outside the circular ring?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:19 pm

That's what should've happened in RF. I'm not sure that'll happen now but maybe against the next main villain.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

julianix
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by julianix » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:21 pm

Gohan will save Piccolo this time around for sure.. the days of nerd Gohan are over, at least for this arc.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:26 pm

sintzu wrote:That's what should've happened in RF. I'm not sure that'll happen now but maybe against the next main villain.
It won't as they will be there at the end.

Vegeta will sacrifice himself for Goku as he knows Goku is better. :thumbup:

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:39 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:Vegeta will sacrifice himself for Goku as he knows Goku is better. :thumbup:
Vegeta is at his best when he puts others ahead of himself so I'm looking forward to something like that happening.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:46 pm

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Ki Breaker wrote:Gohan getting knocked off because to save piccolo will be silly.. its like goku sacrificing himself to save tien so he can fight in his stead..

Piccolo whipped him into a true fighter once again after he got rusty..
Now unless you saying piccolo is such a bad teacher he couldn't do a simple task then I feel ya :P
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:31 pm

Ki Breaker wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

Piccolo whipped him into a true fighter once again after he got rusty..
Now unless you saying piccolo is such a bad teacher he couldn't do a simple task then I feel ya :P
Might as well sacrifice himself for piccolo,he always find a way to screw things up anyways.He has been trained by both Goku and Pickle already,the kid is a lost cause.