I heard a tweet saying Yamcha's power may be needed soon is it true?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Whatever
Regular

Re: I heard a tweet saying Yamcha's power may be needed soon is it true?

Post by Whatever » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:27 am

IntoTheFire wrote:Now that it seems pretty clear Yamcha won't be a contestant in ToP I feel kind of bad for him. He kept waiting for the guys to come pick him up and it's just never going to happen. On one side I find it funny, on the other sad. I'm conflicted :think:
It's probably going to be something like a danger on Earth while everyone is away.
If you feel like that then that means the joke worked.The Yamcha jokes are sad/pathetic but funny,like Yamcha himself.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:07 am

Well unless Yamcha's VA was referring to the new upcoming videogame, (hell Yamcha might not even be in that game), and since he's not in any of the recent episodes, and the main cast is leaving for the tournament soon...I seriously don't know what it could be for.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:35 am

I find it funny when yamcha and power r used in same sentence.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:36 am

precita wrote:Well unless Yamcha's VA was referring to the new upcoming videogame, (hell Yamcha might not even be in that game), and since he's not in any of the recent episodes, and the main cast is leaving for the tournament soon...I seriously don't know what it could be for.
I was reading a interview from one of the producers for the new game and they said that the other characters they have aren't what people are expecting, Yamcha fits in that category.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:36 pm

Whatever wrote:
IntoTheFire wrote:Now that it seems pretty clear Yamcha won't be a contestant in ToP I feel kind of bad for him. He kept waiting for the guys to come pick him up and it's just never going to happen. On one side I find it funny, on the other sad. I'm conflicted :think:
It's probably going to be something like a danger on Earth while everyone is away.
If you feel like that then that means the joke worked.The Yamcha jokes are sad/pathetic but funny,like Yamcha himself.
I just find the jokes annoying. Before Super Yamcha was considered a trusted friend in-universe, but now he's not treated like that at all, to the point where Goku thinks to bring Frieza before he thinks of his childhood friend Yamcha.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:12 pm

TekTheNinja wrote:
Whatever wrote:
I just find the jokes annoying. Before Super Yamcha was considered a trusted friend in-universe, but now he's not treated like that at all, to the point where Goku thinks to bring Frieza before he thinks of his childhood friend Yamcha.
It's more likely they all believe Yamcha retired from fighting.

Yamcha upset fan

Post by Yamcha upset fan » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:31 pm

precita wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:
Whatever wrote: If you feel like that then that means the joke worked.The Yamcha jokes are sad/pathetic but funny,like Yamcha himself.
It's more likely they all believe Yamcha retired from fighting.
nah...

gohan knows he wanted to join, or at least that he was really interested

and ulong without a doubt, that means probably roshi, and so on.

Every character just prefer to act like they dont know, but they do.

I guess thats precisely the joke... that they are being jerks with yamcha, who by the way, seams like he is living in poverty
whut? I dont speak pain