Super Anime adaption of the Manga. Is it possible?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Super Anime adaption of the Manga. Is it possible?

Post by TheOne » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:54 pm

Do you think down they'll do a remake of Dragon Ball Super based on the manga down the road?

I'm sure it'd cause a lot of confusion to some fans, but I think it'd be pretty neat. Expensive yes but I'd definitely watch it.
How i predict the tournament will end:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Super Anime adaption of the Manga. Is it possible?

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:06 pm

I'd much rather have Super end, get someone smart to see where everything went wrong and fix it through a series of retelling specials like what One Piece did.

Making an anime based off the manga is just piling more awful on the already existing heap from default anime Super.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:13 pm

They could just continue the movies where RoF left off. They could use the manga as a story board but improve upon it.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:35 pm

I don't see it happening,the manga is not that popular with the audience and seeing a special This year is not possible imo but it would be cool to see an ova based on the flash back of chapter 16
ekrolo2 wrote:I'd much rather have Super end, get someone smart to see where everything went wrong and fix it through a series of retelling specials like what One Piece did.

Making an anime based off the manga is just piling more awful on the already existing heap from default anime Super.
or we fused both product to make the perfect DBS
Mostly active on discord.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:40 pm

The gr wrote:or we fused both product to make the perfect DBS
They should just go this route when toriyama wraps it up, if done right the fusion should be almost matching the original in quality
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:49 pm

Nah, there's stuff on both sides that's just fundamentally broken and needs to get thrown out to make it work.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:51 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Nah, there's stuff on both sides that's just fundamentally broken and needs to get thrown out to make it work.
True, but I feel like the Manga is doing a better job of telling the story than the anime.

While I can definitely see the pros and cons to both adaptions, the manga seems to peek my interest the most. I'm also a Vegeta fan so I'm probably a little biased

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:52 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
So is there a competent writer that can write a story with toriyama barebone outlines,I think toriyama should write his own work and let Toyotaro be the artist
Mostly active on discord.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:57 pm

The gr wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
So is there a competent writer that can write a story with toriyama barebone outlines,I think toriyama should write his own work and let Toyotaro be the artist
I think it'd help if the people writing the show actually cared and paid attention to details in DB/DBZ to have it flow better.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:27 am

I doubt we'll get anything like that. I'm sure they learned after Kai that fans want new content so once Super is done they'll just continue on with a new show.

I don't think the anime is so bad that they need to remake it once it's done plus Super will easily reach 200 episodes so do you really want to see that all over again ? There's countless directions they can take the franchise in so I'd rather see that than a remake.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:39 am

No. Why make the same product twice, and in the case of the first two sagas, thrice? Even with the way Super is, it still has fans and the merch is still selling, there's still new video games coming out, etc. An anime manga Super does not seem necessary for them, even if the already-existing anime product could get a few fixes.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

PeanutSaiyan
Banned

Post by PeanutSaiyan » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:47 am

I'd rather Super go the way of GT and become some sort of weird alternate reality that is non canon.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:56 am

I would prefer a TV special utilizing some manga ideas but still following the anime's story.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:00 pm

They should have done that in the first place because the story is better and the manga fights animated would have been awesome. But it's not gonna happen ever, it's too expensive.

The dream would be an adaptation of the manga done by the 90s Toei team and Kikuchi's score.
Heno heno kappa!

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:05 pm

I'd personally love to see Toyotaro's version of the story adapted into an anime, but I'm not so sure Toei would ever intend to go through with it. Obviously there'd be a concern about the viewer count, and I'm not sure a retelling of some of the same basic plot events in Toriyama's script would justify it.

I certainly think it's possible though. A version of the Black arc in the manga condensed into a feature length film, One Piece style, would definitely make my day.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:19 pm

Yeah, I'd be more than down with this. Give each manga arc a film adaptation. I think that's how Toriyama's bullet points would have most successfully played out in the first place.

I'd still have my gripes with Yamamuro and Sumitomo (for the Champa film), but I'd still be happy to see it happen.

And to anyone suggesting that Shueisha/Toei wouldn't want to basically re-release the same story, I'd recommend taking a look at things like Kai, Super's first two arcs, the full color releases of the manga, etc. Once Toriyama jumps off the train, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to milk the new stuff they've garnered for quite a while (assuming he doesn't just completely pass the torch off to Toyotaro).

DHM211
Advanced Regular

Post by DHM211 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:31 pm

I just want the Black arc to be remade as a movie. I wrote out an outline awhile back combining the events of the Manga, Anime, and some original ideas aswell.
[spoiler]Episode 47 & 48 ->Episode 49 (With manga's version of Future Trunks Buu saga flashback and Future Trunks vs Goku's fight) -> Ep 50 - 51(except Berrus and Whis don't think Blacks ki feels familiar, and have no reason to look for him and conclude that it feels similar to Zamasu's ki) -> Manga scene where Gowasu, Zamasu, Shin and Kibito are training and Shin mentions that Goku beat Buu - > Trunks goes to meet Gohan(anime) -> Gowasu and Zamasu go to the Barbarians planet(manga version) -> Goku gets called to Zeno(anime version) -> Zamasu looks up Goku on godtube(manga version) -> Zamasu, enraged at Goku for beating Buu and having god ki, challenges him to a fight -> Goku and Zamasu fight, Goku beats Zamasu and returns to universe 7 -> Zamasu holds a grudge - > Time machine is fixed, Goku, Vegeta, Trunks go to the future -> Episode 56 ->Episode 57(except for the godtube scene) -> Episode 58 - 63 -> Episode 64(differences being there are no clone Goku Blacks, Future Trunks and Vegeta take on Goku Black, and Goku tries the Mafuba on Zamasu, with the manga explanation for why it didn't work) -> Episode 65 - Episodes 66 & 67.[/spoiler]
I doubt this will ever happen but its nice to dream :D

amuroray
Not-So-Newbie

Post by amuroray » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:36 pm

Manga shouldve been the main series imo.

The plot is farrr more grounded and power levels fights etc all make sense.

No fucking random power ups.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:54 pm

The manga isn't good enough to be adapted.

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:57 pm

I could see them doing it if, for some reason, they wanted to retell the events with a special but needed to do some things different than the anime. Like SSJG still being used, Which is something I enjoyed. But I don't think we're going to get a full blown episode adaption of the manga. It's different but not nearly different enough to go through the effort. At least I don't feel like it is.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.