Anyone else can't stand Zen-Oh?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Snakeway Skywalker
Beyond Newbie

Re: Anyone else can't stand Zen-Oh?

Post by Snakeway Skywalker » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:05 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:He looks like a retard, but, his voice is very similar to Chiaotzu. In the bottom, he is like Chiaotzu.
Come on! He's far cuter than Chiaotzu.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:10 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:He looks like a retard, but, his voice is very similar to Chiaotzu. In the bottom, he is like Chiaotzu.
Tien wont be happy when he finds out youve been looking at Chiaotzus bottom.

They are similar though.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

MainJPW
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MainJPW » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:12 pm

Snakeway Skywalker wrote:
Come on! He's far cuter than Chiaotzu.
Hmmm...

Nah I'll go with Chaozu. Zen-Oh looks like a medicine pill with a face drawn on.

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:17 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
Tien wont be happy when he finds out youve been looking at Chiaotzus bottom.

They are similar though.
The one who has been looking is Krillin, he always loved Chiaotzu, two bald noseless midgets= perfect couple.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:20 pm

Never cared for Zen-Oh at all as he never struck me as anything worthy of noting at any given time, even if he destroyed everything in Future Trunks timeline. The one thing I don't like about both Zen-Ohs is that they have to repeat what each other says.

The Grand Priest, on the other hand, is far more interesting to me.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Snakeway Skywalker
Beyond Newbie

Post by Snakeway Skywalker » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:26 pm

Torturephile wrote:Never cared for Zen-Oh at all as he never struck me as anything worthy of noting at any given time, even if he destroyed everything in Future Trunks timeline. The one thing I don't like about both Zen-Ohs is that they have to repeat what each other says.

I can respect that opinion. Was it ever confirmed if future Zen-Oh erased everything from existence at the end of the FT saga? I thought it was just that section of U7, but I'm probably wrong. After all, Zamasu did carry out genocide against mortals in all the universes, and killed all the gods (except Zen apparently).

Also, can we talk about how the Zen-Oh from that timeline must be super incompetent?

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:34 pm

Snakeway Skywalker wrote:Also, can we talk about how the Zen-Oh from that timeline must be super incompetent?
It seems like both of them are imcompetent. Grand Priest is constantly telling him things that he seems to have no idea about that you'd think a god as high as him would know.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:36 pm

Torturephile wrote:Never cared for Zen-Oh at all as he never struck me as anything worthy of noting at any given time, even if he destroyed everything in Future Trunks timeline. The one thing I don't like about both Zen-Ohs is that they have to repeat what each other says.

I can respect that opinion. Was it ever confirmed if future Zen-Oh erased everything from existence at the end of the FT saga? I thought it was just that section of U7, but I'm probably wrong. After all, Zamasu did carry out genocide against mortals in all the universes, and killed all the gods (except Zen apparently).
It's speculation on my part, as all we saw when they picked Future Zen-Oh up was cosmic dust and particles everywhere.
From Super episode 113 thread:
MaskedRider wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
hunduel wrote:I liked this episode. I seriously don't know why people hate it.
namekiansaiyan wrote:I seriously don't see why some of you like this episode when nothing happened and was basically filler.
The fandom in a nutshell.
The duality of man.

Snakeway Skywalker
Beyond Newbie

Post by Snakeway Skywalker » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:40 pm

Zagacious wrote:
Snakeway Skywalker wrote:Also, can we talk about how the Zen-Oh from that timeline must be super incompetent?
It seems like both of them are imcompetent. Grand Priest is constantly telling him things that he seems to have no idea about that you'd think a god as high as him would know.
I mean, yeah, but particularly future Zen-Oh. As king of everything/ruler of all the universes, you'd think he'd know about some evil dude rampaging through the multiverse, killing all the gods and countless mortals, and do something about it rather than be told about it all by some guy you don't even know, and then finally fix the problem. Unless, maybe the Grand Priest doesn't exist in that alternate future timeline(?) or he does and he's just super incompetent as well.

Zagacious
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zagacious » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:41 am

Zagacious wrote:
I mean, yeah, but particularly future Zen-Oh. As king of everything/ruler of all the universes, you'd think he'd know about some evil dude rampaging through the multiverse, killing all the gods and countless mortals, and do something about it rather than be told about it all by some guy you don't even know, and then finally fix the problem. Unless, maybe the Grand Priest doesn't exist in that alternate future timeline(?) or he does and he's just super incompetent as well.
Which further reinforces my suspicions that Grand Priest is the wisdom/guardian side of things, while Zenos is the force, which is what the God of Destructions/Angels are modeled after. As someone said before Zeno doesn't seem like the typical god of destruction, but that's because he isn't, he's the ultimate god of destruction/power. Now this is all just theory, but I think a lot of things going on are backing this up. Future Zenos destroyed the future timeline without a second of thought, which I actually don't see this happening if Future Grand Priest was around. Supposedly Zenos wants to erase some of the current universes (because there are too many?..) and Grand Priest is trying to mitigate it by holding the tournament (unless the tournament really is a ploy to teach them a lesson in respecting the gods, which it very well may be). Grand Priest actually explains things and seems like what the ultimate god would be, while Zenos just stares off into the world not showing an ounce of wisdom and amazed by everything. This doesn't mean he's a bad character, this is just how they appear to me.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:13 am

MainJPW wrote: Nah I'll go with Chaozu. Zen-Oh looks like a medicine pill with a face drawn on.
Now that you mention it..
He kinda does..
How am I supposed to erase this comparison from my mind now?
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

SonReggie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonReggie » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:58 am

Can't stand him.

He's basically a OP God of Destruction. I mean seriously, we haven't actually seen the callous little shit do anything other than destroy things. Some might like the idea of an all-powerful deity with childlike qualities - me? Nah. Little shit is nothing but a spoilt kid who is FAR too used to getting everything his own way, and I don't find that interesting at all.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:02 am

I think he's just been manipulated in his way of thinking. Kinda like Majin Buu, and it looks like the Grand Priest may play a part in that.

He just needs a Hercule to come around and talk to him!
How i predict the tournament will end:

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:14 am

TheOne wrote:I think he's just been manipulated in his way of thinking. Kinda like Majin Buu, and it looks like the Grand Priest may play a part in that.

So he needs his homeboy Goku to help him see the light?

SonReggie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonReggie » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:22 am

Jigurashi wrote:
TheOne wrote:I think he's just been manipulated in his way of thinking. Kinda like Majin Buu, and it looks like the Grand Priest may play a part in that.

Whatever. I just think it would have been interesting to see the idiot do something more than just destroy stuff - he's supposed to be all-powerful after all.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:22 am

Jigurashi wrote:

Haha right! I couldn't see the Grand Priest allowing that though

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:25 am

SonReggie wrote:
Jigurashi wrote:

Whatever. I just think it would have been interesting to see the idiot do something more than just destroy stuff - he's supposed to be all-powerful after all.
I challenge you to go back when Zeno first appeared in the Champa arc. His power doesn't equate to battle strength, but the ability to erase existence on a small or grand scale. The Angels are the stronger than the Dieties but Zeno could erase them without ever having to fight.

SonReggie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonReggie » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:39 am

TheOne wrote:
SonReggie wrote:
Jigurashi wrote: So he needs his homeboy Goku to help him see the light?
I challenge you to go back when Zeno first appeared in the Champa arc. His power doesn't equate to battle strength, but the ability to erase existence on a small or grand scale. The Angels are the stronger than the Dieties but Zeno could erase them without ever having to fight.
I think you misunderstood me. I know he's all powerful. I'm simply saying that we've never seen the boring little shit do anything other than destroy stuff. Fair to assume he can create as well as destroy - but again, we've only ever seen him destroy things which, as I said, just makes him an OP God of Destruction. I, personally, don't find that interesting.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:41 am

SonReggie wrote:
TheOne wrote:
SonReggie wrote: Whatever. I just think it would have been interesting to see the idiot do something more than just destroy stuff - he's supposed to be all-powerful after all.
I think you misunderstood me. I know he's all powerful. I'm simply saying that we've never seen the boring little shit do anything other than destroy stuff. Fair to assume he can create as well as destroy - but again, we've only ever seen him destroy things which, as I said, just makes him an OP God of Destruction. I, personally, don't find that interesting.
I see. Forgive me! It's almost 5 where I'm at haha :crazy:

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:07 am

I find Zen-O okay. But I feel there's more for him/them to come, so I can't give a full judgement on him at this point.

He reminds me of Arale and Goku: a childlike figure who wields god-like power. (a trademark of Akira Toriyama). But while Goku and Arale are human enough to be fun and engaging characters, Zen-O comes out as rather frightening. He can destroy universes for fun, fun for him but not for us.

And there's two of them too, so what's going to happen?
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.